Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: S'mothered

I didn't care too much about the main storylines, but there were some funny moments.  Louis' line "Young love makes my heart skip a beat (pauses, looks worried)... I hope that's what it is".  Grandma talking about gingers having dark powers.  Trent collecting the napkins.

Eddie's girlfriend kind of bugs me, because she never stops smiling, comes off as forced, or like a nervous habit. 

• Love 3

Holy crap its Eddies friends! I thought they all disappeared off the face of the Earth except for Trent! They all look so big now! The grow up so fast in between seasons! So happy to see them again. 

The main plot was pretty meh but I did get some giggles and at least it wasnt a full "Jessica is an asshole and learns the same lessons" plot, so I count that as a win.

Heheh, Respect The Police. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, MaryMitch said:

Aw, I like Tina. She's willing to stand toe to toe with Jessica.

I like Tina too.  I just wish she'd learn to relax her face a little.  The constant smiling makes my face hurt.  You'd think the director would call her attention to it.  Well, it's the last season (I'm sure), won't have to deal with it much longer.

On 10/19/2019 at 6:54 AM, Harvey said:

The facebook joke at the end killed. 🤣

Was it facebook?  The guy said he was creating a "space" so my immediate thought was MySpace.  But, it describes Facebook too. 

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

Was it facebook?  The guy said he was creating a "space" so my immediate thought was MySpace.  But, it describes Facebook too. 

I'm pretty sure it was MySpace too. The guy said his name was Tom, which was MySpace's founder's name. He was the guy who was everyone's first friend when they joined.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I took it as a general social media joke. Myspace came before my time so maybe that is why I missed that connection 😞

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Another vote for MySpace because of the Tom factor and description. Facebook started as basically hot or not and also was limited to college students so definitely not what was described. What he said was basically the elevator pitch for MySpace.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7
On 10/20/2019 at 5:51 PM, biakbiak said:

Another vote for MySpace because of the Tom factor and description.

Probably right.  But maybe it was just a random, generic guy who had an idea, and Louis convinced him it was stupid so he never did anything with it.

5 hours ago, rmontro said:

Probably right.  But maybe it was just a random, generic guy who had an idea, and Louis convinced him it was stupid so he never did anything with it.

seems unlikely given Louis totally dismmesf the notion as absurd and we now that social media does exist. I can’t imagine the name Tom, use of Space and Louis telling him the idea had no merit would be all a weird coincidence by the writing staff.

Edited by biakbiak

Regarding the tour of Orlando that Louis gave the neighbors, Marvin mentioned Louis taking Colonial Drive and mentioned Edgewater Drive. Louis points out they were passing the Tupperware Convention Center....that headquarters is located way south in Kissimmee on Orange Blossom Trail...Colonial and Edgewater Drives are way north of where they were...completely different areas. The writers should have consulted a map of Orlando before inserting actual street names. 

I have no idea if this is what happened here or just a continuinty error,  but I've often seen it done on a handful of shows that take place in a real city, but a fictional neighborhood (or an unspecified neighborhood) that the writers essentially...intentionally contradict the geography. I don't know the rationale behind it beyond possibly some attempt to prevent people from saying "ah ha! so that puts where the house is HERE". I've seen it on quite a few shows where they namedrop actual local streets that do not connect or that are on opposite ends of town. It's the opposite of disambiguation.

• Love 2
On 10/23/2019 at 6:44 PM, theatremouse said:

I have no idea if this is what happened here or just a continuinty error,  but I've often seen it done on a handful of shows that take place in a real city, but a fictional neighborhood (or an unspecified neighborhood) that the writers essentially...intentionally contradict the geography. I don't know the rationale behind it beyond possibly some attempt to prevent people from saying "ah ha! so that puts where the house is HERE". I've seen it on quite a few shows where they namedrop actual local streets that do not connect or that are on opposite ends of town. It's the opposite of disambiguation.

Maybe it's to protect the residents; if you had an actual location, there would be the possibility of crazy fans showing up, which could be at the least annoying, or even dangerous.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, MaryMitch said:

Maybe it's to protect the residents; if you had an actual location, there would be the possibility of crazy fans showing up, which could be at the least annoying, or even dangerous.

I doubt it because most shows aren’t actually filmed where they set so you would be out of luck if you were looking for something in the place where the show was set vs filmed.

12 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I doubt it because most shows aren’t actually filmed where they set so you would be out of luck if you were looking for something in the place where the show was set vs filmed.

But the point is that there are actual people who live there; it doesn't matter if they film there or not.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, MaryMitch said:

But the point is that there are actual people who live there; it doesn't matter if they film there or not.

But my point is that usually the exteriors they use, unless it’s a specific iconic building/establishing shot, are in LA/Vancouver/wherever it’s shot and not the place where it’s set so the address wouldn’t be that place. 
For instance the exterior of the FOB house is a nearly $2 million house in LA.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1