Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Bates Club: Still Looking for Love

• Start Topic

So when he isn't being called in to make some money working on a natural disaster, is Law's means of support mowing lawns still?? I don't think he gives pilot lessons yet as he hasn't fully finished his own licensing bc in one of the episodes Nathan was saying if he wants help, he needs to finish it in 2021 - presumably before Nathan is married and getting his girl pregnant. 

How on earth does Law expect to be able to afford a ring, let alone a wife who looks like she would like to make a life in San Diego!? Bc this isn't like he's running a landscaping business making good money. Bc let's be honest he spends 75% of his time now with Tiffany in California - so who is really going to hire him to mow a lawn weekly only to get the weekly text that's like sorry I'm in Cali, I'll be back next week, I'll do it then. No commercial property is going to deal with that on a weekly basis and frankly neither would most homeowners given that landscaping services are a dime a dozen nowadays. So he's likely on the friends and family plan - mowing for the Bates' "sweet friends" when he's in town and skipping weeks when he isn't!? We know he takes care of Michael's lawn and probably has another dozen or half dozen clients. Enough to make some money to fuel up the plane, fly to SD, and have some spending money to take Tiff out to In-and-Out and the zoo; he bunks at Tiff house so at least that doesn't cost him money.

He posted IG videos this afternoon re how hot it is in the south in the summer, how he was out mowing lawns; uh usually ppl born and raised in the south know to take care of those kinds of tasks at 8 am - not waiting until 3 pm. In any event Tiff may want to reconsider life in San Diego, or consider how SHE will pay for a house/apartment, cars, car insurance, and health insurance for them bc his $12 or $15/hr jobs won't cut it.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, cereality said:

So when he isn't being called in to make some money working on a natural disaster, is Law's means of support mowing lawns still?? I don't think he gives pilot lessons yet as he hasn't fully finished his own licensing bc in one of the episodes Nathan was saying if he wants help, he needs to finish it in 2021 - presumably before Nathan is married and getting his girl pregnant. 

How on earth does Law expect to be able to afford a ring, let alone a wife who looks like she would like to make a life in San Diego!? Bc this isn't like he's running a landscaping business making good money. Bc let's be honest he spends 75% of his time now with Tiffany in California - so who is really going to hire him to mow a lawn weekly only to get the weekly text that's like sorry I'm in Cali, I'll be back next week, I'll do it then. No commercial property is going to deal with that on a weekly basis and frankly neither would most homeowners given that landscaping services are a dime a dozen nowadays. So he's likely on the friends and family plan - mowing for the Bates' "sweet friends" when he's in town and skipping weeks when he isn't!? We know he takes care of Michael's lawn and probably has another dozen or half dozen clients. Enough to make some money to fuel up the plane, fly to SD, and have some spending money to take Tiff out to In-and-Out and the zoo; he bunks at Tiff house so at least that doesn't cost him money.

He posted IG videos this afternoon re how hot it is in the south in the summer, how he was out mowing lawns; uh usually ppl born and raised in the south know to take care of those kinds of tasks at 8 am - not waiting until 3 pm. In any event Tiff may want to reconsider life in San Diego, or consider how SHE will pay for a house/apartment, cars, car insurance, and health insurance for them bc his $12 or $15/hr jobs won't cut it.

Ugh, all of this is probably fake anyway, for the show, for the cameras, for the magazines, for social media.  I wish we knew what was really going on in their lives.

I saw read the other day that Lawson and his dog are now in law enforcement.  It also went on to say that Trace is also in law enforcement as a deputy.  There were pictures of them in their uniforms.  I don't know if they are working in the Sheriff's Dept or their local police force.  

Something was mentioned about Nathan's real job and I can't remember what it is but it was in aviation.  If that is the case, Nathan can move anywhere he wishes too.

So much is scripted, especially with the guys.  Someone else who did a "reality" show similar to this has said that they usually try to cram everything into a 2 day shoot.  If that is the case, then some of them can be filmed when off or on the weekend.  

Still don't get why Zack quit law enforcement unless he didn't pass the physical.  He had been in law enforcement for a long time and really loved it.  IF he left because of Whitney (& Kelly), shame on them both because that can come back to bite them on their collective asses.  I really wish Whitney would get her head out of Kelly's ass.

Kelly needs to back off from the boyfriends.  She is so pushy and why would you want your teenager to be married?  It seems that some cracks are starting to show within the family or at least the show.  Not all of them are buddy-buddy or even close to each other.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, iluvobx said:

Kelly needs to back off from the boyfriends.  She is so pushy and why would you want your teenager to be married?  It seems that some cracks are starting to show within the family or at least the show.  Not all of them are buddy-buddy or even close to each other.  

I think she was traumatized by how long (in her view) it took to get Michaela married so she wants to get husbands for all the girls locked down early.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

After Katie, there are no more girls until Addee, I think. And she's what, 15? 

Kelly's going to work on Trace and those 3 middle boys. I think a couple are legal.

What about Erin and her magic matchmaking skills? Can’t she find any nice Fundie girls?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

What about Erin and her magic matchmaking skills? Can’t she find any nice Fundie girls?

That's a good guess. I think these boys all work for Chad, so I imagine Erin sees quite a bit of them. 

• Love 2

So who is Trace's new girl? He just posted an IG pic with - blessed to call you mine - and all his sisters are doing the "omg best couple ever" BS. Hope this one has less personality than Chaney. Chaney dared to NOT want to jump right in and act like his sisters and mommy were her best friends and that she'd of course want to model for the boutique and move to Tenn and live his family's life. She dared to require her husband to move away from his mommy and sisters and to Texas. She dared to be good at sports and beat him at games multiple times leaving him whining about - oh she's so much better than me at everything - and then she wouldn't kiss his @$$ to make him feel like superman as Gil advised Carlin to do with Evan in their vows, nor would she purposefully lose the next time. I mean it's only been under 2 years, we know HE hasn't grown in any way. So hopefully he's just found a more subservient girl.

• Love 8
On 7/9/2021 at 1:25 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

After Katie, there are no more girls until Addee, I think. And she's what, 15? 

Kelly's going to work on Trace and those 3 middle boys. I think a couple are legal.

And I have noticed that Addellee has been promoted to the big girls BFF club now.  She gets to hang with Carlin, Whitney, Alyssa, Josie, Katie and Mama Bates.  She's in after church pictures with Trace, Warden, Jackson and the other brother that age whose name I forgot.  She's a bridesmaid now and gets to go on bachelorette weekends etc. 

But poor Ellie?  She has fallen off the radar.  She is never in any pictures anymore.  She and Callie are holding up the household, I guess.  

5 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

And I have noticed that Addellee has been promoted to the big girls BFF club now.  She gets to hang with Carlin, Whitney, Alyssa, Josie, Katie and Mama Bates.  She's in after church pictures with Trace, Warden, Jackson and the other brother that age whose name I forgot.  She's a bridesmaid now and gets to go on bachelorette weekends etc. 

But poor Ellie?  She has fallen off the radar.  She is never in any pictures anymore.  She and Callie are holding up the household, I guess.  

Ellie is probably the chief teacher/babysitter of Jeb and Jud now assisted by Callie.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Okay, I missed this or I forgot.  Trace seems to have a girlfriend.  Who is she?  TY

Her name is Lydia (can't spell last name). Her family immigrated to the US from Germany when she was about 9. She apparently does some modeling, not the most modest of young women. 

• Love 2

That diamond is . . . incredibly modest to put it politely. Nathan and Law were able to afford bigger for their babes - likely getting some product placement credit let them get a better ring, as both were shown going to the store on an episode to discuss and buy the ring, with the jeweler's name prominently featured on the episodes. I mean usually you can photograph a diamond in such a way that it looks bigger than it is and with this one it's so small, even photo tricks aren't doing anything. Guess the odd jobs as and when needed for Chad, Gil, and the constable's office aren't paying all that well. How does he plan to support a wife and the kids their going to start popping out immediately? I mean I guess she'll be an influencer like all the sisters/SILs but that usually gets you free products, not money to rent/buy a home and put food on the table. Are they really going to be scrapping along on her photography + his odd jobs?

Interesting that he went and spoke to Z when he was dating the first girl and Z told him to get with the police dept full time [before he quit/got kicked off] AND use downtime to make extra money working with Chad, as Z lamented that's what he should have done before marrying Whit so it'd be financially easier. Nice to see Trace took that advice. Chaney appears to be single and must be feeling like she dodged a bullet breaking it off with this loser two years ago.

Edited by cereality
  • Love 5

The ring leaves a lot to be desired, especially after the whopper that Tiffany got. The US Magazine article claimed it's a carat, but there's no way in hell the center stone is that big. It looks like .5 at most. Lydia has large hands so it sort of disappears on her. One option is to reset it with a halo, to make it stand out more, but if she's happy with it, that's all that matters.

She's a beautiful girl though, so between her and Chaney, Trace has consistently punched above his weight. 

• Love 3

How is Trace going to support a family? Heck, how is Trace going to be eligible to rent an apartment? I think I have seen pictures of Lydia in what she calls her apartment. So Trace moves in and mooches off his wife? Trace is one giant dud. Does anyone know where Lydia lives? 

Poor Carlin, her moment in the spotlight was short lived.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Lydia's brother models too, and he is FINE. If he's a groomsman he's gonna make the Bates boys look like chopped liver. 

Screenshot_20220331-173348_(1).png.e98fa03af8f0f8bc009073a862154b40.png

And just like that you have rendered him ineligible to be a groomsman. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Per his Instagram, Jackson Bates apparently has a girlfriend, but he's not ready to reveal her identity to the public. He's still pretty young; the Bates boys tend to marry in their mid-late 20s.

Jackson? Jackson Photobomb Duggar? Holy cow.

LOL. Oops, Jackson BATES!

Someone in the comments said its Emerson Wells. Anyone know the Wells?

• LOL 4
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jackson? Jackson Photobomb Duggar? Holy cow.

LOL. Oops, Jackson BATES!

Someone in the comments said its Emerson Wells. Anyone know the Wells?

I read on FJ that she's 19, from Florida. I think they're still digging for family info. 

• Useful 3
59 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I read on FJ that she's 19, from Florida. I think they're still digging for family info. 

Is he the one that wanted to join the military and Kelly told him to go to Alert?

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 4

I wonder if their wedding venue is on a lake. Maybe they're using the boat to make some kind of grand entrance/exit. Bit of a dicey move, if so, but that's all I can come up with. 

Has anyone else noticed Alyssa's been radio silent? I wonder if she's going to the wedding? Obviously it's a shit time to travel given that a hurricane's passing through Florida, so maybe she'll opt out. It's weird because she hasn't made any reference to the wedding on her social media.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I wonder if their wedding venue is on a lake. Maybe they're using the boat to make some kind of grand entrance/exit. Bit of a dicey move, if so, but that's all I can come up with. 

Has anyone else noticed Alyssa's been radio silent? I wonder if she's going to the wedding? Obviously it's a shit time to travel given that a hurricane's passing through Florida, so maybe she'll opt out. It's weird because she hasn't made any reference to the wedding on her social media.

Where in FL does Alyssa live?

2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Lawson will be singing at the wedding. 

Tiffany said he does at all sibling weddings. There’s no escaping Lawson’s tone deaf singing. What if the non Bates doesn’t want him to sing?

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, SMama said:

Tiffany said he does at all sibling weddings. There’s no escaping Lawson’s tone deaf singing. What if the non Bates doesn’t want him to sing?

The latest in wedding favors: Earplugs. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
On 9/28/2022 at 10:06 AM, GeeGolly said:

Are Lydia and Trace having a nautical themed wedding?

Reddit posters saying that Lydia is making an entrance on the boat.  Doesn't seem like it may happen now, with the weather.  Also they are scrambling to find an indoor venue because they didn't have a back up plan, per Reddit.  They have had a lot of time to plan this, why wasn't that one of their priorities?  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

Why do these girls dress up so much and the men look like they are going to the barn? 

There's another pic of Kelton in a tshirt and a stupid vest too.   They need to stop taking fashion advise from Kelly Jo.

gs4v195mv4r91.webp

His shirt looks like it needs to be ironed. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

Reddit posters saying that Lydia is making an entrance on the boat.  Doesn't seem like it may happen now, with the weather.  Also they are scrambling to find an indoor venue because they didn't have a back up plan, per Reddit.  They have had a lot of time to plan this, why wasn't that one of their priorities?  

I watched Lydia and Trace's video on the whole mess and have several thoughts.

When they booked the venue, they were told there were no alternatives if it rained, so it's 100% their fault for not having Plan B arranged in advance. They were running around like chickens with their heads cut off to secure another venue, while Lydia is whining about how she doesn't care about the weather and still wants to get married by the pond. Yeah, honey, your guests might have an issue with that. They're the ones who're going to be sitting around freezing and sopping wet waiting for the ceremony to start because none of these idiots can be on time. 

I also think the drama with the bridesmaid dress was manufactured to promote Miss Renee's business. For those who didn't hear, Lydia's bridesmaids ordered dresses from someplace in China. The gowns took forever to ship and when they finally came in one of them was (allegedly) bright pink rather than white (like the others). Ordering anything from a Chinese clothing site is a massive risk. Sure, the stuff is cheap, but there's huge variations in quality and the sizing can be way, way off. An Asian large is like an American XXS. So anyways, this dress is totally wrong and Lydia puts in a call to Miss Renee who swoops in to save the day (insert manufactured drama and eye roll). She insists they can either bleach the pink dress to make it white or tear apart Josie's dress to make a pattern and then sew one from scratch. And all of this will be accomplished within a week of the ceremony. Yeah, my bullshit meter is ringing too 🙄

I find Lydia wholly unlikeable. She comes across spoiled and childish. She also has a weird habit of running up super close to the camera so the entire frame is filled with her nose. At first I wondered why she chose Trace, but after watching her I think they're perfectly suited. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6

Was renting tents to put up at the original venue site not an option?

I've actually been to a handful of outdoor weddings with no Plan B incase of rain. They all ran into various problems both big and small, from heat, bugs, wind and yes, rain. The rainy wedding rained all morning and the sun broke out about 15 minutes prior to the ceremony, but the seats were permanent wooden log benches so needless to say most of the guests stood.

I get wanting what you want for your wedding, but I feel SM has turned them into competitions. And obviously Lydia the Bates are all about SM. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6

I can't recall if tents were mentioned or maybe they tried and couldn't secure one in time. Full disclosure, the original venue has a covered area where they planned on having the reception, but it's small and if they used it for the ceremony they'd have to convert it into the reception set-up afterwards. Logistically I think it was too tough to do, because there'd be nowhere for people to go in the interim, not to mention a high of 62, cloudy and rainy makes for a pretty miserable experience, covered or not. 

Outdoor fall weddings are generally tricky. It can be unseasonably warm and gorgeous or freezing cold. For peace of mind, I think I'd go for an indoor venue from jump. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 3
  • Love 7
36 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I find Lydia wholly unlikeable. She comes across spoiled and childish. She also has a weird habit of running up super close to the camera so the entire frame is filled with her nose. At first I wondered why she chose Trace, but after watching her I think they're perfectly suited. 

Look at her parents and their BS "persecution" and "asylum" nonsense. Self-centered and childish all the way. Mega-Bates. 

Trace looks like the love child of a ferret and a chipmunk. I wonder what his children will look like. I guess we'll find out in a year or less. 

I kind of hope the wedding gets rained on. It would serve them right for being idiots. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2