Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
nodorothyparker

S10.E02: We Are the End of the World

7 hours ago, xaxat said:

You're going to love the inevitable episode with the Beta backstory! 😁

That's not funny.

After googling why we don't see his face, I've learned that we're supposed to care about that? No thank you, show. I'm sure I was supposed to pick up on never seeing his face before but I did not. Nor do I care now.

6 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I think of what kind of in-depth backstories they give us and I'm truly puzzled. If there was one backstory I would have loved it would have been Merle's sojourn after he cut his own hand off to escape from the roof and see what happened to him between then and the time he arrived at Woodbury.

Merle was such a great character and he didn't linger for eternity. He's probably what they picture Negan as in a lot of ways, actually. I always wanted how Daryl and Merle handled the beginning of the apocalypse and joined CDB. You can't tell me it wouldn't have been hilarious but interesting.

• Like 4

On 10/15/2019 at 9:03 PM, AngelaHunter said:

I got as far as them crossing a field, proving again that avoiding zombie attacks is as simple as shuffling while you walk. Nope. Can't do it.

Someone has to mix those scenes when they are walking with this, I think it would be 10 000 times better!🙂

You move it to the left, yeah
You go for yourself
You move it to the right
Yeah if it takes all night

Now take it kinda slow
With a whole lot of soul
Don't move it too fast
Just make it last

You scratch just like a monkey
Yeah you do real cool
You slide it to the limbo
Yeah how low can you go?

Now come on baby
Don't fall down on me now
Just move it right here
To the Harlem shuffle
Yeah yeah yeah to the Harlem shuffle
Yeah yeah yeah to the Harlem shuffle

Hitch hitch hike baby
Across the floor
Whoa whoa whoa
I can't stand it no more

Now come on baby
Now get into your slide
Just ride ride ride
Little pony, ride!

Yeah yeah yeah do the Harlem shuffle
Yeah yeah…

Edited by heisenberg
  • Laugh 2

10 hours ago, xaxat said:

You're going to love the inevitable episode with the Beta backstory! 😁

Yep!  It is going to be in the last episode of the season 10 and we will have to watch season 11 to know more about it! 😝

Edited by heisenberg
  • Laugh 2

4 hours ago, amazinglybored said:

That's not funny.

After googling why we don't see his face, I've learned that we're supposed to care about that? No thank you, show. I'm sure I was supposed to pick up on never seeing his face before but I did not. Nor do I care now.

Let me guess - Beta has a mole on his face he’s REALLY REALLY self-conscious about, and he covers it (and the rest of his face) up so none of the Mean Kids at Zombie Apocalypse High will make fun of him, and he can hang out with the Cool Kids - right?

Hey Beta - don’t be that way, little buckaroo.  You don’t need to let peer pressure define who you are.  You have Awful and a team of nominally talented writers to do that FOR you.  

So chin up, little buddy - and while you’re at it, fuck off and die.

• Laugh 7

5 hours ago, Nashville said:

You don’t need to let peer pressure define who you are.  You have Awful and a team of nominally talented writers to do that FOR you.

LOL! Yeah, in the few minutes I watched, I was so torn between !Needing to Know! why the love child of a Wookie and Lurch is so sensitive about his looks, yet unable to continue watching such boring shit. What a dilemma.

"Nominally talented"? We played a game on another forum, telling the story with each poster writing a line or two. I'm pretty sure we could do that and make a more entertaining episode.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

On 10/15/2019 at 10:04 AM, AngelaHunter said:

They ate Guinea pigs at Grady. I do remember that because the doctor presented it to Beth on a plate. It was whole and on its back with its little legs sticking straight up.

Now I wished you hadn't reminded me.

On 10/16/2019 at 2:09 PM, iMonrey said:

That's another thing. Was the final shot in this episode supposed to mirror the final shot in the previous episode, only from Alpha's POV? I didn't see Carol anywhere. In the last episode where Carol sees Alpha she appears to be maybe only a couple dozen feet away, whereas in this episode whatever Alpha is looking up at in the end was far off in the distant horizon.

That's what I was thinking.  Maybe they ran out of money and couldn't put Carol into the shot.   That said, the distance was much further than that between the two.   Carol is on the top of a cliff and Alpha is in box canyon looking up in Carol's direction.

Edited by icemiser69
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Now I wished you hadn't reminded me.

Well, you just know on this show any animals that appear usually end up dead. I'm shocked all those horses are still alive. But yeah, I had a Guinea pig for about 8 years. His name was William and he liked to drink tea from a spoon.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, heisenberg said:

Yep!  It is going to be in the last episode of the season 10 and we will have to watch season 11 to know more about it! 😝

And the showrunners will be shoving it down our throats how awesome it will be and we've never seen anything like it before.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

54 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

And the showrunners will be shoving it down our throats how awesome it will be and we've never seen anything like it before.

Hardwick has got to be the one that sells it as being awesome.

If I knew Hardwick was going to be that much of a kiss ass, I would have boughten stock in knee pads.

Carol is turning out to be as big of a pain in the ass as Henry was.   At least Henry had youthful stupidity on his side.  What is Carol's excuse?  She is on top of the cliff looking down at Alpha, looking to pick a fight.   If Carol wants to start something, then she should suffer the blow back because of it. Why should some one line goober of a character lose their life over Carol's stupidity?

Alpha had to see Carol on top of the cliff.  How else would Alpha know that the protagonists set foot on "her land"?  

Alpha seems to have mellowed a little bit.  Beta I think is the more dangerous Whisperer. 

Edited by icemiser69
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Hardwick has got to be the one that sells it as being awesome.

Probably , but I guess I'll never know since watching an aftershow hosted by a high-pitched "Everyone loves Jadis!" ass kisser has never been on my agenda. If they can't show, but instead have to tell what happened in an episode, I'll get along without knowing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

If they can't show, but instead have to tell what happened in an episode, I'll get along without knowing.

I don't watch it either and I can't figure out about half of what happened last season.  Even worst, I can't even figure out who are most of the cast and where they are coming from.

They don't bother to show, I don't bother to understand and soon I might not even bother to watch.

The only reason I am watching it now is to have a good laugh about how bad it is.

These days the shows that are supposed to be serious are funnier than the ones who are supposed to be funny.  TWD and FTWD are some of them.

Edited by heisenberg
  • Like 2

My two takeaways from trying to watch this show while falling asleep three...yes, three...times:  Walking hunched over like Alpha does doesn't look anything like the stumbling gait of a real walker and ouch, her back must hurt after a few hours of doing that; and Beta's mask looks like a wasp's nest, not like skin.  So that wasn't worth the effort of rewinding four times to get through the show.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Nashville said:

Let me guess - Beta has a mole on his face he’s REALLY REALLY self-conscious about, and he covers it (and the rest of his face) up so none of the Mean Kids at Zombie Apocalypse High will make fun of him, and he can hang out with the Cool Kids - right?

Hey Beta - don’t be that way, little buckaroo.  You don’t need to let peer pressure define who you are.  You have Awful and a team of nominally talented writers to do that FOR you.  

So chin up, little buddy - and while you’re at it, fuck off and die.

Kids can be so cruel. Beta needs to learn to embrace what makes him unique. Also, die. ASAP.

He better at least be terribly disfigured. TERRIBLY!!! I watched Hannibal. Like the guy cutting his own face off.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, Red Bridey said:

My two takeaways from trying to watch this show while falling asleep three...yes, three...times:  Walking hunched over like Alpha does doesn't look anything like the stumbling gait of a real walker and ouch, her back must hurt after a few hours of doing that; and Beta's mask looks like a wasp's nest, not like skin.  So that wasn't worth the effort of rewinding four times to get through the show.

I was so annoyed I couldn't even fall asleep. And yeah, wasp nest is a good description of that silly mask.

Saw this and couldn't help saying, "Hell, yes!"

govmissme.jpg

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

7 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Saw this and couldn't help saying, "Hell, yes!"

govmissme.jpg

Despite his history with The Beautiful One, he’s still the best villain from either show, he had the perfect mix of everything needed,  old ‘Tomater’ balls is a poor shadow of the master.

When he 9 iron’d Martinez off the RV was one of the funniest scenes ever, how stupid can stupid get?

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Like 2