Type keyword(s) to search

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (2019)

• Start Topic

The Netflix Event EL CAMINO: A BREAKING BAD MOVIE reunites fans with Jesse Pinkman (Emmy-winner Aaron Paul). In the wake of his dramatic escape from captivity, Jesse must come to terms with his past in order to forge some kind of future. This gripping thriller is written and directed by Vince Gilligan, the creator of Breaking Bad.

I enjoyed it very much.

In my head canon I always saw Jesse as finding some of Todd's money in the car and that's how he survived. So I'm happy that it was indeed Todd's stash that funded his trip.

I didn't mind at all the cameos. Except for GD Jane. 

The gunslinger shootout was awesome. And it was fun to see Jesse get it over his parents one more time.

The lack of the twangy steel guitar music cues through me off a bit.

Jesse in a cable knit sweater signified that, well, the old Jesse was dead. Walt finally got his way.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Wouldofshouldof said:

Huh, no one's talking about this?  I liked it well enough, but it almost felt like they had a "please the fans" checklist that they were adhering to.  And . . . I guess they checked all the items off.  Sad to hear about Robert Forster.

It's being discussed in the show thread.

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/89465-breaking-bad

Gilligan considered going a different way and giving it a darker ending, but everyone told him that would be a terrible idea.

Edited by TheOtherOne
  • Love 1

I enjoyed it.  I saw it in a theater so I had the big screen view.  As always for Breaking Bad the cinematography was wonderful.  Yes, there was fan wanking with the cameos, but given that my cats were named after Skinny Pete and Badger (that's Badger glaring at us) I was happy to  see that they are who Jesse ran to.  Ultimately, with everything he had done and everything that was one to him, it felt good to see him get away and have a real chance at a new start. 

I finally getting around to watching this.  

Is it really possible to dig a deep grave with only a shovel in the middle of bare, barren desert?  I notice it happens a lot in the movies.  I live in the south and when it gets a little dry here, I can’t even get my flag stand to go into the ground and that is super narrow.  It would take an hour to get even a few inches into the ground.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe