Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Big Widow Wives

“Big Widow Wives” – After a house incident leaves Graham in fear of staying in his and Angie’s home, Angie enlists Will to help her get the house back together; however, there is a hiccup in the plan as Angie discovers a possum on the loose that she has to deal with. Meanwhile, Poppy discovers that Douglas is lying to her about a weekly poker game he must attend, as he participates in a weekly widow’s support group instead, causing Poppy to get a little jealous of his emotional vulnerability with the women in his support group on an all-new episode of “Single Parents,” WEDNESDAY, OCT. 16 (9:31-10:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. (TV-PG, DL) Episodes can also be viewed the next day on ABC.com, the ABC app and Hulu.

"Spices never expire."  Angie, ITA. 

I love this show.

ETA: Although I find it hard to believe, in Douglas's massive house, only the sauna is free. Also hard to believe that his widow group only involves one older woman.  The rest are young and attractive. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 3

I am sorry, I can only take Rory in small doses.  I know what they are tying to do with him, but he is so extra that it is very off putting.  I wish the show would let us (and him) remember that he is still just a kid sometimes.  All the other kids have gotten that, even the twins, but Rory just comes off as a grown man in a little kid's body and it is just so... ick.

I am liking the progression of Doug and Poppy's relationship. 

Miggy as a working still is still my favorite.

Not as strong or funny as the last two but I so much enjoy this little group.

• Love 7

"I SEE YOU DIANE!"

This episode was hilarious, but it was especially hilarious to me because I really did have a possum get into my house one time, and I really did have that level of shenanigans trying to get it out. Like, if I had a light-saber, I probably would have used it. When my traps and original plans didnt work, I did end up finally having to catch the thing with my (gloved) hands and throw it into a trap I had previously gotten, back when it was still lurking in the basement, and drove it several miles out of town to let it go. I would have called animal control, but this all happened around 1:00 in the morning. Possums are so weird, they're both cute and scary. They really are the first draft of badgers. "I will trap and release it...TO HELL!"

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 10/19/2019 at 11:31 PM, Bean421 said:

My only request is we do something about Poppy's wig. 

I don't even notice it. I guess once you've seen the wig on Lani from Days of our Lives you're just desensitized to bad wigs lol.

The possum stuff triggered me so hard lol. We, like @tennisgurl, had one in our house (just the basement though thankfully) and it was SO traumatizing!

• LOL 4

Even though the Grey Gardens thing with Graham and Rory was random, I still laughed. 

On 10/16/2019 at 11:20 PM, Irlandesa said:

Although I find it hard to believe, in Douglas's massive house, only the sauna is free.

Agreed, he has at least one spare bedroom I'm sure. Or a den or something with a couch. But maybe he doesn't want them touching his stuff.

• Love 1
On 10/19/2019 at 11:31 PM, Bean421 said:

I love this show and am so glad it's back. My only request is we do something about Poppy's wig. This episode it was so noticable. 

I wonder whose idea it was to have that color. I don't think the show does well with wigs and weaves. Big Red's weave is just awful. 

On 10/29/2019 at 12:55 PM, ajsnaves said: