Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E3: Perfect Pairs

I had to start a thread to bitch about how unfunny, dated and fucked up the Gary has to sue to get into the yoga class “joke” was, I mean seriously a joke about a male primary caregiver in 2019 is just mind blowing to me not to mention on a show with gay parents!

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 10

So Haley knows the woman from the yoga class but the woman didn't recognize the babies and thought Claire was their mom?

Why didn't Luke just ask one of his sisters to get the wine? (Clearly Haley had some free time that day....)

The less said about Gloria and her sister, the better.

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, Snow Apple said:

Since when is Lily dumb that they joke about her not graduating from high school? Wasn't she in the gifted class and skipped a grade?

Yes, she was determined to be gifted.  I don't remember for sure whether she skipped a grade.  They seem to hate Lily and it's really, really not funny.  She's treated like a pet of bad pet owners who love the pet when it is a cute baby but don't care about it when it grows up.

I haven't watched this episode yet and came here to see what I was in for. OMG!  Who the fuck is writing this show?

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, Snow Apple said:

Since when is Lily dumb that they joke about her not graduating from high school? Wasn't she in the gifted class and skipped a grade?

This was beyond ridiculous.  She did skip a grade at the end of the eighth season.  There is no way that she wouldn't have thought the moon is a planet/other Earth.  That's dumber than Luke & Haley level of stupidity.  Maybe even dumber than Dylan.

• Love 11

Eric Stonestreet can't be bothered to even speak his lines clearly anymore.

I kept wondering why Pepper would hide indoors because his chicken plant fell (?) and why they thought Lily would throw a good fraternity party. It was only after watching with closed captioning that I realized that Pepper's cheek implant fell, and that Lily would be good at throwing a Tony party.

Edited by Blakeston
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

What even are they doing with Lily anymore? One episode she is a super genius, the next she doesent know facts that a kindergartner would know, its all so random. Its just so obvious that they have no idea what to do with Lily, so her personality is basically dependent on whatever the writers need. 

So the real estate women doesent recognize the twins and realize that Haley is their mom? I mean, Claire could probably just say she was their grandma, I dont think anyone would care. Well maybe they would, considering their "hilarious" jokes about a man with a kid having to sue the yoga studio to take a class. Because...dads taking care of their kids is hilarious? Because this shows humor is apparently stuck in 1993?

• Love 11
3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Why didn't Luke just ask one of his sisters to get the wine? (Clearly Haley had some free time that day....)

He couldn't ask Alex because she doesn't have a driver's license (anymore). If she didn't need the  driver's license that very day, I wonder how long it would take the average person to realize their driver's license was missing?

Edited by AnimeMania
8 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

If she didn't need the  driver's license that very day, I wonder how long it would take the average person to realize their driver's license was missing?

I check for mine every time I leave the house and I don’t even own a car, I realize that’s not normal but than neither is Alex.

• LOL 2
22 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

He couldn't ask Alex because see doesn't have a driver's license (anymore). If she didn't need the  driver's license that very day, I wonder how long it would take the average person to realize their driver's license was missing?

I meant instead of stealing their ID and/or babies. But then that would be the logical thing to do and we can't expect that from any of these people.

• Love 2

When Luke tried to use Alex's ID, I was relieved they didn't go for a cheap joke about him trying to pass himself off as trans.

Although it says a lot about this show's humor that I thought they'd go there.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

He couldn't ask Alex because she doesn't have a driver's license (anymore). If she didn't need the  driver's license that very day, I wonder how long it would take the average person to realize their driver's license was missing?

In the case of my sister, it took several weeks, lol. We looked identical despite being 2 years apart, so when she visited me at college and accidentally left her ID at the security desk, I helped myself to it and had a ball going places I wasn’t yet old enough to get into. 

I only watched the show this morning and can’t remember any of it, never a great sign.

The writing is so weak and the acting has gone so far downhill, I really only watch out of habit.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

What even are they doing with Lily anymore? One episode she is a super genius, the next she doesent know facts that a kindergartner would know, its all so random. Its just so obvious that they have no idea what to do with Lily, so her personality is basically dependent on whatever the writers need.

Par for the course for this show. They haven't known what to do with Alex throughout the entire run of the show. One week she's dating someone nice and it might work out. The next week everyone makes fun of how Alex can't get a date or a boyfriend. One week Alex is growing and has friends and interests outside the family. Next week she's back to being a shrill harpy who makes fun of how dumb her family is.

The only note these writers know is to make people dumb. That's why Lilly is now dumb. When she was young she was precocious and could read people and situations better than the adults. As a teen she thinks the moon is a planet. 

• Love 9

With all the shenanigans stemming from Luke stealing Alex's I.D., the show completely glossed over the issue that he's underage and dating a woman much, much older than he is. Like that's nothing.

It's not funny. It's awful.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 8
(edited)
39 minutes ago, possibilities said:

With all the shenanigans stemming from Luke stealing Alex's I.D., the show completely glossed over the issue that he's underage and dating a woman much, much older than he is. Like that's nothing.

It's not funny. It's awful.

They did address that when it first happened but he is over 18 and Hailey has always dared people several years older than her including Dylan when she was underage and he wasn’t. She dated a much older dude with a kid and it was addressed in a similar fashion so I am actually fine with how they handled it. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

The writing is so weak and the acting has gone so far downhill, I really only watch out of habit.

I agree. The only time I laughed is at the end when the pigeon flew out of Phil's pants or jacket.

Cam and Mitch are not funny at all in my opinion, and I've never liked Gloria.   

Edited by foxfreakinmulder
  • Love 2

Old lady here....It takes 4 people to play bridge. Plus lots & lots of years. That was weird, too. The writers could have picked a different card game that needed just 2 players & only 3 minutes to learn.

• Love 8

The inconsistency tends to bother me.  Claire really wanted Haley and her family to live at their home (even though Haley and Dylan had rented the studio garage apartment and were establishing their own home for their own family), but now everyone has to hide from Haley so they won't have to watch the twins?  I would think that Alex would want to be out on her own as she has always seemed to mainly distance herself from them at every opportunity.  Also, applying for a job at NASA?  Since she abruptly quit her previous job, they may not be interested...

The highlight of this episode was Phil and his magic tricks.  Cam and Mitchell?  Boring and just "no".  Another episode in which they get caught in their lies.  Lily had it when she asked Mitchell to just skip to the truth.  

They need to have all of the older children move out even if it's just to a large apartment that they all rent together.  Hilarious hijinks could follow...

• Love 4
15 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

The inconsistency tends to bother me.  Claire really wanted Haley and her family to live at their home (even though Haley and Dylan had rented the studio garage apartment and were establishing their own home for their own family), but now everyone has to hide from Haley so they won't have to watch the twins?  I would think that Alex would want to be out on her own as she has always seemed to mainly distance herself from them at every opportunity.  Also, applying for a job at NASA?  Since she abruptly quit her previous job, they may not be interested...

The highlight of this episode was Phil and his magic tricks.  Cam and Mitchell?  Boring and just "no".  Another episode in which they get caught in their lies.  Lily had it when she asked Mitchell to just skip to the truth.  

They need to have all of the older children move out even if it's just to a large apartment that they all rent together.  Hilarious hijinks could follow...

This was why so many people were saying: "Stop being greedy ABC, the show doesn't need an 11th season to wrap it up." They are out of jokes and have the characters being really, really stupid, like dumber than mud to try to write anything that could be a plot. At this point, I tell Cam and Mitch to sell the fucking duplex. The: "Who will move in next and cause wacky hijinks!" Stopped being funny when Pam was up there. At this point, I think both the writers and actress who plays Lily just want the character to be done. They now have her acting like a 3 year old and even the girl who was reacting to: "Oh God, I'm an idiot!" Seriously? You lose one game and its all over? That's the same type of logic with someone who never does work in class or turn in assignments and then goes; "Why am I getting an F int his class?" 

• Love 4

So Luke thought that if he had babies with him, the clerk would assume he was older? Because...teens don't have kids? WTF?

I seriously wanted to slap Haley at the end of the episode. She's literally living a charmed and privileged life that many would envy, and no matter how she screws up, her family always swoops in and makes sure she doesn't suffer in the slightest (as demonstrated when she got pregnant with the twins). Instead of being grateful she doesn't have to leave them at some shady daycare, she trots around accusing her family of acting like they "don't want" to take care of the babies?? What in the actual ****??

Haley, sweetie...everyone has pitched in to help accommodate you. But YOU got pregnant; YOU decided to become a parent. No one else made those decisions. Stop acting like they should all be over the moon thrilled to raise them for you. I wonder just how excited and helpful Haley will be when Alex or Luke have kids.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

So Luke thought that if he had babies with him, the clerk would assume he was older? Because...teens don't have kids? WTF?

He thought that because that exact thing had happened when he was in the store earlier with the fake ID.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MaryMitch said:

He thought that because that exact thing had happened when he was in the store earlier with the fake ID.

Right. But presumably the other guy actually was 21+ and it wasn't just the clerk assuming because of his kid.

On 10/10/2019 at 11:25 AM, Snow Apple said:

That was part of my favorite cold opening ever. Cam couldn't take her to school at the last minute, so Mitchell called out to rush her. She was already waiting by the door and said she couldn't be late because she'd fall behind. Mitchell rubbed his forehead and said, "Sometimes I forget to factor in the Asian."

Episode: A couple things were a little eyeroll-y but overall I liked it. It's early still, but best episode of the season I thought.

• Love 3

I liked seeing Christopher Gorham and Matt Wilkas as the daddies (Matt has a funny YouTube channel and is married to hottie snowboarder Gus Kenworthy) but other than that, I got nothing. This was probably the best of the 3 episodes this season, but that's not saying much.

I am so tired of shows having their characters just be randomly mean. Claire was cruel to yoga guy (have we met him before - how does she even know him?) for no reason. He seemed nice enough. But Claire has always done this, especially with people she works with so I guess she's just a mean girl.

Edited by xander874
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:
23 minutes ago, xander874 said:

Matt has a funny YouTube channel and is married to hottie snowboarder Gus Kenworthy.

Not anymore.

Oh no! Didn't hear that. Oh well, thanks for the update.

And to not be totally off topic, this episode was poo.

• Love 1