Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Stranger Beside Me

Trini
  • Start Topic

On 10/15/2019 at 7:52 AM, CabotCove said:

LOL😂, so fast huh. I havent seen much to root for between the two yet. And he is still married😉.

Hahaha. I can't help it! Her blasting him and bringing up his wife, well, I felt something between them.  Yeah he is still married, but maybe something will happen between them. Or she dies.

On 10/13/2019 at 10:58 PM, Oreo2234 said:

I was wrong. Kara is totally going to end up dating William. His wife will turn out to be dead, estranged etc. Not looking forward to it. The douchebag who turns out to be decent/redeemable trope wasn't at all polarizing the last time. 

Alex and Kelly are still super forced together. Brainy and Nia are cute though. 

Did they indicate Alex killed that alien? So much for the non-lethal weapon policy at the DEO. I hated that policy so I'm glad about it. I love how quickly Alex and Kara saw through J'onn's brothers disguises. They need to be written as smart like that more often. 

Yeah UGH I'm BEGGING the writers to not hook up William with Kara. I HATE the Trope you mentioned. I detested it in season 2 

• Love 2
On 10/13/2019 at 9:58 PM, Oreo2234 said:

I was wrong. Kara is totally going to end up dating William. His wife will turn out to be dead, estranged etc. Not looking forward to it. The douchebag who turns out to be decent/redeemable trope wasn't at all polarizing the last time. 

Alex and Kelly are still super forced together. Brainy and Nia are cute though. 

Did they indicate Alex killed that alien? So much for the non-lethal weapon policy at the DEO. I hated that policy so I'm glad about it. I love how quickly Alex and Kara saw through J'onn's brothers disguises. They need to be written as smart like that more often. 

Wasn’t that his wife helping feed the homeless? Probably not.  But I agree, the marriage is totally going to be revealed as for show, loveless, whatever. Kara and William are going to hook up. When was the time Kara had sex? I missed a few seasons but I remember Kara being single and happy after the Mon-El stuff. I’m okay with a character being single, but it’s questionable when your male superhero is allowed some kind of love life but your female superhero must be single and sexless.  I missed last season and the season before that but I agree Alex and Kelly have no chemistry. It’s not believable. 

Edited by Simba122504
No longer sure that was dude's wife.
  • Love 2
On 10/13/2019 at 11:08 PM, Jediknight said:

Of course they're putting Eve in baggy clothes, gotta hide Andrea Brooks's pregnancy.

It's not working.  That's baby bump is showing even in scrubs and you can see the pregnancy weight gain in her face.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
On 10/20/2019 at 10:52 PM, Winston Wolfe said:

It's not working.  That's baby bump is showing even in scrubs and you can see the pregnancy weight gain in her face.

I say it's because Lena didn't put a treadmill in that cell, and she didn't incorporate a FitBit into Hope.

Seriously, I think it's something we as the audience should just roll with.  That alternative is what. Eve is having Lex's baby?  Ew gross nonononononono.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, MarkHB said:

I say it's because Lena didn't put a treadmill in that cell, and she didn't incorporate a FitBit into Hope.

Seriously, I think it's something we as the audience should just roll with.  That alternative is what. Eve is having Lex's baby?  Ew gross nonononononono.

But not surprising.  Lex did some pretty evil stuff.

I feel like they’re going really overboard with the Andrea Is The Worst approach. It’s eye rolling. At least if she was semi competent it would be more enjoyable to watch some back and forth. Instead it’s just coming across as Big Evil Boss must be stopped by Goody two shoes Team Kara and co.

On 10/14/2019 at 4:33 PM, sonyab said:

Kelly, Alex, and fake Kelly:  That scene was a great scene!!! 🙂

My favorite scene of the story. Love it. In fact, if anyone saw the online Supergirl HomeCon panel, then you can hear Azie talk about this particular scene and how much ideas she has on how to play her verision of Malefic. Very fascinating.

One thing I would've loved to see, though, is a scene that's the opposite of this one, with Kelly confronting a fake Alex, but again, I do see why they didn't do it as it probably would get repetitive.