Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Lady Iris

Richard Jewell (2019)

I remember waking up that morning hearing about the bombing on the news but don't easily recall the aftermath so I'm looking forward to hearing this story.

I hope it focuses on how he was completely innocent and eviscerates the media for hounding that poor man.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

I hope it focuses on how he was completely innocent and eviscerates the media for hounding that poor man.

The poor man’s life was ruined. I hope it’s better now

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, topanga said:

The poor man’s life was ruined. I hope it’s better now

Not so much. Richard passed in 2007.

42 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

The media was somewhat to blame for not being more careful with the info they got, but the FBI leaked that Jewell was a suspect.

• Like 2

On 10/9/2019 at 7:28 PM, AimingforYoko said:

Not so much. Richard passed in 2007.

The media was somewhat to blame for not being more careful with the info they got, but the FBI leaked that Jewell was a suspect.

Yeap, it was the FBI feeding the media to break Richard Jewell. He did get settlements from media organizations for their role in the debacle. People always thought the stress the FBI and media put on him contributed to his health declining and his eventual death at such a young age.

I remember watching Jewell's interview and thinking how lucky those people got that he spotted the other bombs and took quick action. When the FBI played the audiorecording of person who gave the warning, it was obviously not Jewell. The voice and accent on the recording were so different. I have no clue how the FBI came to suspect Jewell.

I probably won't watch this until it is out on Blu Ray. I am pretty much done with Clint Eastwood.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I probably won't watch this until it is out on Blu Ray. I am pretty much done with Clint Eastwood.

Same here but this movie is going to have to go on the longer list of movies/projects that Mr. Eastwood has done in the last seven years that I can't watch while he's still living due to not wanting to chance ANY of my monies going to him. Why did someone who has such great talent have to have become so despicable (IMO) and  intolerant of others' POVs not in lockstep with their own the latter part of their life?

• Like 2