Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Conner

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

What the FUCK, Show?!

Conner better be saved somehow. I was looking forward to a Superman type character on the show. I'm assuming those were kryptonite bullets? Surely Dick would know about kryptonite and know to get it out of him so he can heal? 

Also Krypto. Save that adorable doggie now. I am not here for him being tortured off screen somewhere. 

• Love 8

Conner is on the Season 2 poster, Aqualad was not. So I think he's sticking around. 

I would think that Dick and Donna know how to help him with kryptonite since they were JL sidekicks and worked with Superman. They can also tell Conner about his second dad. I agree they need to go get Krypto. 

The actor they got for Conner looks like a cross between Tom Welling and Dean Cain. 

The other characters better get episodes too. We still don't know anything about Donna's origin.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Conner is on the Season 2 poster, Aqualad was not. So I think he's sticking around. 

I would think that Dick and Donna know how to help him with kryptonite since they were JL sidekicks and worked with Superman. They can also tell Conner about his second dad. I agree they need to go get Krypto. 

The actor they got for Conner looks like a cross between Tom Welling and Dean Cain. 

The other characters better get episodes too. We still don't know anything about Donna's origin.  

Good point about him being on the poster. 

I wonder if we'll ever get Clark on the show. I wouldn't have thought so, but Bruce is around so maybe?

I thought he looked a bit like Tyler Hoechlin too. He definitely fits the type LOL

I would like more about Donna too. 

• Love 1

I really hate the way this show introduces new characters. Having an episode with just the new characters when the regular cast are not in the episode at all or just for a very limited amount of screentime. I did like Conner and Eve, but I would have preferred to also get time with the regular cast.

• Love 6

My mind is so blown I can't even think straight.

• THE SUPERBOY THEME FROM THE 80s SHOW! OMG I cried! Thank you Kevin Kiner!! *sobs*
  • Normally I really hate these flashback episodes but I loved this one and I loved that they tied it to the end of last week.
  • Love Conner. Like - I really love him. He even reminds me of John Haymes Newton (from S1 of the 80s Superboy show).
  • Krypto is a BADASS! My sister and I watched together and both SCREAMED outloud when Krypto did that 180 rocket missile catch and throw back. Wow!
  • Honestly the catch of Jason at the end was the most anti-climactic part after that awesome episode!
  • Did I say I LOVE Conner?
  • His journey to find himself was just so sweet. And the pain of being half Lex Luthor. So glad we got to see his brains though - but just love how much he wants to be good but will alwaus have to struggle against his "dark side". So compelling.
  • "Do you have money? Can I have it?" LMAO.
  • The superboy theme! Again - SQUEEEEEE!!!!!
  • Save Krypto!

I would say more but I'm still in shock - I loved that episode so much.

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I guess I'm showing my age - but he also reminds me of the original Superboy from the 80s tv show - John Haymes Newton (though he has Henry Cavill's chin and mouth):  

tumblr_nstvj60ds71tqkk5wo2_500.gifv

titans-superboy-joshua-orpin.jpg?resize=

Love Conner so much!

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, paulvdb said:

I really hate the way this show introduces new characters. Having an episode with just the new characters when the regular cast are not in the episode at all or just for a very limited amount of screentime. I did like Conner and Eve, but I would have preferred to also get time with the regular cast.

I normally would agree.  This is the first flashback episode where I didn't mind that format.  It's probably because it's Superboy.  Any other character would be boring - but not him.  I loved it.  All of it.

That 180 Krypto missile thing was EPIC.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, phoenics said:

THE SUPERBOY THEME FROM THE 80s SHOW! OMG I cried! Thank you Kevin Kiner!! *sobs*

I never watched that show, but I went and listened to the theme on YouTube. Nice pull! (But I'm stunned that those old titles showed the Sunshine Skyway Bridge with half of it collapsed!)

• Useful 1

That was a really good episode (and that scene against Luthor's troops was awesome!), but damned if they didn't do it again. Undercutting the momentum of the story with another flashback episode. At least this one tied into the prior ep, and resolved that cliffhanger, but damn.

Questions:

They didn't just do all that to kill off Conner already did they? (Probably not). 

Connor seems orders of magnitude more powerful than any of the others at this point, including Kory and Donna. I hope this doesn't mean the writers will have to resort to really plot-induced stupidity reasons to sideline him or explain why Conner doesn't just eliminate all the bad guys going forward.

Awh,  Kon and Krypto are just adorable.  Which kinda makes me sad because it seems no matter the medium I'm never going to get that Tim/Kon interaction,  it's always going to be Kon with a different Robin. 

It was a good episode but they really need to develop the characters they have instead of spending entire episodes developing new characters. Gar, Donna and Kory have been short changed in the development department. While a brand new character gets an entire episode devoted just to him. And next week looks to be about

Bruce Wayne

. So once again they get nothing. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

They didn't just do all that to kill off Conner already did they? (Probably not). 

My gut feeling is that he'll get to meet Superman and be taken to the Fortress of Solitude to be educated. Like Marv Wolfman said when asked why he took Kid Flash out of NTT, he's too powerful and he'll mess up the stories.

I did like the mad scientist lady showing up straight from clubbing and drinking, and Subjects 1-12 were pretty horrifying. 

• Love 1

One thing I noticed about the guy playing Conner, that I’ve been wondering if it was intentional or not, was that he is build more like an old-timey strongman rather than a modern six-pack having type that you only get from living in the gym, as in he obviously could bench press me without much effort, but isn’t all that ripped.

He looks like the 1938 of Superman, body wise.

Superman-Chronicles-1938-1939-DC-Comics.

Edited by AzureOwl
  • Love 2
On 10/11/2019 at 6:08 PM, phoenics said:

THE SUPERBOY THEME FROM THE 80s SHOW!

I mentioned this on Twitter to a podcast where they liked the theme but didn't recognize it (I also said I didn't know it either until I saw it online, i.e., here), and that tweet got a Like from Richard Hatem, the writer of the episode! So, I think this is upgraded to an Amazing pull, @phoenics!

• Love 3
On 10/26/2019 at 8:59 PM, MarkHB said:

I mentioned this on Twitter to a podcast where they liked the theme but didn't recognize it (I also said I didn't know it either until I saw it online, i.e., here), and that tweet got a Like from Richard Hatem, the writer of the episode! So, I think this is upgraded to an Amazing pull, @phoenics!

OMG that's AWESOME!!  I wish I could meet Kevin Kiner - I recognize his music anywhere.  When Titans first came on last year, I recognized something in the episode music and was like - that's KK!!  And it was!!

• Love 1