Type keyword(s) to search

25 Words or Less - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 4/10/2023 at 2:54 PM, hiisa said:

What is this format? One of my favorite parts of the show is watching people interact with each other! I wonder why they are doing this?

I have not watched for a while so I tuned in after your comment. The game had been like this for a while, I think. Meredith has been Zooming from her basement and I think everyone else is in studio. The rules are read by Meredith every single day throughout the episode. Ad nauseum. When I felt I could probably recite the rules better than she, it was time for me to switch to a different show. There is truly not much game playing. This show is at least half rules and chit-chat. 

I watched last year and everyone was in person. I wonder what season that was? Without the chitchat it's just...boring.  Jaleel White shushing Meredith when she interrupted him while he was thinking pops up in my head ALL THE TIME. "We don't talk when playing chess"

The was only in person the first season.   Starting with the second season, the contestants and celebrities are in "pods" in LA and Meredith hosts from her home on the East Coast.   Season 2 still had 2 celebrities and 1 player.  Season 3 they switched to the current format of 1 celebrity and 2 players who carryover from episode to episode until they lose.

• Like 1