Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E03: Honesty Would Be Chill

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

New tribal dynamics may put the rest of the castaways on edge leading into the next tribal council. One castaway is presented with an opportunity on the Island of the Idols.

original airdate 10/9/2019

For the love of god can we end the stupid game of telephone at TC?  Glad it was a short lived, one-person game this time.

Damn Vince.  He went down for me last week, but I loved him this week.  Had he played his idol, Karishma would have gone home, and I would have been fine with her and her whining going out pre-jury. I’ve been wanting a kick ass girl’s alliance forever, but I hope this one crashes and burns.  Elaine is the only one I’m rooting for in it.

• Love 15

Vince's time on IOTI was my favorite part of the night.  Calm under pressue=Vince losing it when he sees Sandra and Rob.  Comparing himself to Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible=slipping and falling while going back to the boat.   

I think my favorite post-blindside TC reaction in the last few seasons is “you guys wanna talk” to the angry people that just got blindsided.  I could feel the rage seething from Jamal.  Still pretty arrogant, too. 

Was Dean even in that challenge?  I felt like he was just standing there.  But of course, the not so thin girl gets the blame and is called a weak link.  And if Karishma isn’t good at puzzles, why do they put her there?  Even though I wanted to see her torch snuffed, I'm glad she spoke up tonight.  Though she might end up talking herself out of this game if she isn’t careful.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

Did I miss it or did they show when Vince came back from the IOTI? Apparently everyone is keeping the secret about BR and Sandra. 

If only Vince had played that idol Karishma would have gone home and sparred us more telephone, whining and paranoia about no one liking her. 

• Love 15

You may suck at puzzles but you’re great at blindsides. And you may be good at stealth enough to earn a HII, but stupid enough to leave with it in your water bottle. Karishma was annoying today. Mediocre episode. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 12

Glad to see the womens alliance stuck together though I am not sure how united they really are.  So basically Elizabeth and Elaine too got their way and kept Tom around. I doubt whatever Karishma said made a huge impact at tc but I guess we will find that out later.

Dean is a dumbass..

• Love 5
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

Was Dean even in that challenge?  I felt like he was just standing there.  But of course, the not so thin girl gets the blame and is called a weak link.

He has show muscles, which actually don't look all that impressive to me. But that's all I know about him.  Younger, supposedly athletic guy who stands around and doesn't help with puzzles.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Karishma!  If you were worried about about solely representing a billion Indians knowing what TV SHOW you were signing up for, maybe you shouldn't have signed the 500 page contract.

She is horribly annoying, but an important number for the girls alliance, for now....

• Love 23

I’m actually enjoying the IOTI.  I could do without it, but it’s not terrible.  I still fail to see the point of Rob/Sandra hiding at TC.  But I actually enjoyed tonight’s lesson, and was glad it was a hard one.  I guess Noura was full of baloney last week when she was complaining about being up all hours of the night watching the fire?  I do have to laugh that Elizabeth is the only one so far to fail at her challenge-and she kind of had an easier one.  But seriously, it scares me to think how many idols we might end up with midway through the game.  I know Jeff said he loved when Cirie was idoled out of the game, so maybe that's what he's aiming for here? 

My head is spinning with this group.  Some I love, some I don’t, but I feel like the game is going around in circles.  Tommy could be in the final 3 and still be thinking it’s day 1 and what’s best for his game.  Didn’t expect Karishma to be the one to flake first from that group.  After getting blindsided at the last vote, Jamal still thought he would be in control.  I do love that there’s no true harmony.  Whoever the vote is, there’s still a vocal group that doesn’t want to vote that way.  Last week there were doubts on Molly, this week it was between Jamal, Dan, and Noura for purple, and indecision at camp orange over Tom.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 5

Omigosh, Karishma and her deadly injury (she could see the bone, y’all!) and no one cared.  Drama much?  Pathetic. 

I was really surprised Vince got booted. I really expected another surprising blindside, Tom. 

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

Dean is purple no longer! Though it's not a great sign when his first moment involves a shot of him tripping over himself. 

The new Purple is Chelsea.  What the hell?  I never saw her before today.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

So after all the discussion afte episode one on how Elizabeth was screwed for lying about IOI and tonight they don't even bothering showing the tribes reaction when Vince came back. lt could be because the lie has no impact on Elizabeth's game and from what I saw tonight she is in a very good position on the tribe and everyone (atleast the women) all seem to go to her tot talk.

• Love 6

Wow!  I don't think I have ever seen so much terrible Survivor play from so many different players, in one episode.

First, Jamal is cold towards tribe members trying to reconcile with him.  In Survivor, the answer is always, "Yes!, whether you mean it or not.  That said, he is a puzzle wizard.

Then Karishma alienates herself from the women, in her own mind and then pulls the "all the tribe members are dead to me" crap when she got her boo boo.

She really annoys me.  All the crap about being different and being in her underwear.  The tribe is very diverse, so everyone is different and it is Survivor, so if you don't want to be in your underwear don't apply.

Then, she wouldn't give Vince a damned name to vote for.

Vince was even a bigger idiot for not playing his idol.  If he hadn't been Karishma would have gone home.  

How do you not play an idol good for only 2 TCs, when not only are you not 100% sure you aren't on the block, but you know the other tribe members suspect you have an idol after going to Island of the IDOLS.  You play that idol, period.   

It was a shame because he did such a great job winning it.

BTW, what was with Sandra and Boston Angelina hedging about whether or not to "call it a wjn".  Of course it was a wjn, he brought back ashes from the dead fire.  What more could they ask of him?

• Love 22
8 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The new Purple is Chelsea.  What the hell?  I never saw her before today.

I think she's gotten a fair amount of airtime so far, even in the second episode, when half of her tribe received nothing! 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

BTW, what was with Sandra and Boston Angelina hedging about whether or not to "call it a wjn".  Of course it was a wjn, he brought back ashes from the dead fire.  What more could they ask of him?

He could have started his own fire. That's what I was thinking they meant when they said think outside the box or whatever they said. Or stolen their flint.

• Useful 2
17 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Damn. looks like Rob and Sandra needed a different lesson for Vince. Use your damn idol!!

Did Vince have no understanding of how to use an idol?  Rob and Sandra need to be teaching pre-Kindergarden, not Stealth 2.0

18 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Though she might end up talking herself out of this game if she isn’t careful.

That was left in by the film editors for a reason.  I guarantee it. 

4 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

It was a shame because he did such a great job winning it.

Yuppers.  How could he have lost?

5 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

What more could they ask of him?

Retrieve  the fire making apparatus or at the very least some coals buried in  and protected by the sand.  

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't think it's paranoia.  She sliced her hand open and nobody gave a damn.  Editing or not, I tend to believe a lot of what she's saying.

I also thought it was a major turn off when Elizabeth said "I'm not going to vote out Tom.  I want to vote out Vince, nobody will be angry about that."  Which was really gross.  What about Vince?  It was like she spoke about him like he's not even a person, unlike Precious Tom.  And then they all voted Vince out anyway.  Nasty.  He was actually in your alliance.

Agreed.  I like Tom, but seriously, the men were all forming their own alliance against the women.  If Dean hadn't been an idiot and spoken up, maybe they wouldn't have had a split vote.  The ladies might end up regretting this when there's a tribe swap.  Elaine is the only one I'm digging over there now.   

I do want to know what made Karishma feel alienated.  She said something about Missy/Chelsea/Elizabeth bonding more due to their age/lifestyles/interests (that's definitely a vibe I'm getting from them-sorority girls).  I'll give her cutting her hand and no one caring (she was right), or getting called out for not doing puzzles well when it sounds like they put her there (and didn't blame Dean).  But everything else I think she was whining and being paranoid about.  That said, what does it say that the women were willing to let Karishma be the sacrifical lamb?  They could have lost her, one of their numbers, and then had to face Vince if he played his idol and saved himself.  And he would have seen exactly where he stood with them.  So maybe she's justified?

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 9

Karishma is definitely a whinner and determined to put the other women on the defensive calling them sorority girls, but , on the other hand, what the heck were any of them  doing ignoring a hurt tribe member like that?  Who knew just how deep her cut was and how much blood she was losing?  Just from a game play stand point it would have been a good opportunity for one of the men to give her a little help and sympathy and maybe make an alli.

They were also foolish to think Tom was a liability because he was breathing hard. 

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, Lamima said:

He could have started his own fire. That's what I was thinking they meant when they said think outside the box or whatever they said. Or stolen their flint.

Expecting him to start a fire in the other tribe's camp, without getting caught would be ridiculously unfair.  

Taking ashes from the fire proved he could have gotten the fire, if all of Noura's lazy tribe mates hadn't let the fire go out.

• LOL 5
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Omigosh, Karishma and her deadly injury (she could see the bone, y’all!) and no one cared.  Drama much?  Pathetic. 

I was really surprised Vince got booted. I really expected another surprising blindside, Tom. 

It's hard to tell with the editing, but she seemed to just wander off without anybody noticing.

1 minute ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Expecting him to start a fire in the other tribe's camp, without getting caught would be ridiculously unfair.  

Taking ashes from the fire proved he could have gotten the fire, if all of Noura's lazy tribe mates hadn't let the fire go out.

I thought grabbing some ashes was proof enough,  the film crew can back up he was right there 🙂

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Vince wanted to bounce, yeah?  He didn’t look too concerned.

My interpretation is he either was in shock, or wanted to look gracious.

I know he's not the typical Survivor player - that would be Dean - but damn. I liked him.  He was different.  I liked how he got so annoyed with Karishma for not naming the person who should get the votes in place of her.

Karishma played his ass 😞

• Love 12

After all of these many years of watching Survivor, I’ve decided one of my very favorite moments is when someone is voted out with an Idol in their pocket.  I love it just about every single time.  Wasn’t a fan of Vince at all so I don’t mind him being booted off the island, but I am glad he had his Sandra/Rob/IOI victory — that’s a cool memory he’ll always have and meeting them clearly meant a lot to him. 

• Love 10

So who said the Episode Title, and when?

I wonder if Sandra was blinded by liking Vince so much.  She took an early liking to him, and then definitely couldn't mentor him against what happened tonight.  LOL.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
Just now, Ms Blue Jay said:

Jack, right after his tribe came back from having voted out Molly. I think it was to Tommy and one other person who voted with the majority. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Ahh, thanks jsm1125 — I missed it.  I also didn’t hear Jeff say “you’re getting your first look at the tribe — Molly voted off at the last TC” or something like that.  Did I miss it too?  I wanted to see their surprised faces about Molly.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 3

Tommy bugged me yet again -- once again, someone comes to him with a plan (I think it was Jamal this time, to vote out Dan) and once again, he's like "no, I don't like that plan." Hey, fourth grade teacher -- you're starting to remind me of my kindergartener who's coloring with a blue crayon, and when someone wants him to give up the yellow crayon, he says "no, I was using that." And then someone wants him to give up the green crayon, and he says "no, I was using that." Tommy thinks he's coloring with multiple crayons at once, and people are just supposed to accept that, even though he's not using them now.

In alliances, as in kindergarten: sharing is caring, Tommy.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

If you can't  properly edit a show you should probably not be working on one of the crown jewels of CBS...SURVIVOR. I mean really...you set up this whole Island of the Idols thing with Rob and Sandra  and then when finally two people  who are on the same tribe KNOW about it and are at last in the "same room" so to speak...we get nothing...no conversation...zip, zero nada....the editors dropped the ball on that and should be out on their ears.

And there is a Chelsea this season? Who knew?

Episode one I wondered  how fair it was to have an Olympic swimmer on the team...tonight answered it....not very.

Not sad to see Vince go because his attitude hasn't been all the best like last week when he was all fire and brimstone about the vote and just some of his reactions in general tonight.

Jamal's game play was garbage. Someone comes to you with a canidate for an unanimous vote and stead of wiping his brow with the back of his hand that he wasn't being targeted as a leftover of Molly's alliance he actively puts himself on the radar by targeting someone else.

I've taken to fast forwarding the segment where the castaway meets Rob/Sandra...it's very repetative and boring. The entire concept was only worthwhile tonight at the final moment when they realized their protege was going home with an idol in his pocket.

Giant wooden figurines? A castaway sneaking around in a rival camp? We're so far from the SURVIVOR of the early seasons we'll never get back. There is very little in the way of actual surviving and just a lot of silliness. And to think they made it a federal offense when Kel was suspected of eating someone's candy bar.

P.S. That was pretty callous to ignore someone who just sliced open their hand. It was pretty telling about what kind of people this group is .

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 19

Still not caring about this season. It's mostly because I'm too busy watching The Challenge to post, and their human misery is bigger than whatever I watch here.

I feel bad for Karishma. A few weeks ago, I banged my head on a curb, and I was LOUD about it. She cuts herself, and no one seemed to notice. Maybe if they heard a dramatic musical cue? I can see where she's coming from, and Tom does look like an asshole. But Vince let himself down, AND he let the Idols down. Play the damn idol. You had to sneak into your opponent's camp to get it, AND you watched someone wake up from night terrors before you completed the mission.

• Love 9

This episode was decent. Not really shocked to see Vince go, but he should have known to play his idol. After all the sneaking and trying to retrieve fire of some sort, it must suck to go out with the idol in your pocket. 

The women's alliance is still intact. I'm liking the women on Lairo, although when Karishma cut her hand, and nobody went to see if she was okay was kind of off-putting to me.

Vokai works really well together in the challenges. It will be interesting to see who goes home if they lose another challenge.

• Love 4

Is that BB's Dr. Will in the Carol's Second Act promos?

I thought it was an interesting strategy each tribe employed in the teeter-totter.  One tribe picks the big girl with long legs who can step over others, the other tribe picks the small girl who can weave and get passed around her tribemates.

Karishma is on the wrong show.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Eolivet said:

Tommy bugged me yet again -- once again, someone comes to him with a plan (I think it was Jamal this time, to vote out Dan) and once again, he's like "no, I don't like that plan." Hey, fourth grade teacher -- you're starting to remind me of my kindergartener who's coloring with a blue crayon, and when someone wants him to give up the yellow crayon, he says "no, I was using that." And then someone wants him to give up the green crayon, and he says "no, I was using that." Tommy thinks he's coloring with multiple crayons at once, and people are just supposed to accept that, even though he's not using them now.

In alliances, as in kindergarten: sharing is caring, Tommy.

I like Tommy,  but I’m thinking he’s overplaying too soon.  It seems like he’s afraid that these moves won’t be considered his, and he wants to make sure he’s essentially calling the shots without making it look like it, so in the end he can say they were his moves after all but he got people to think they were the ones manipulating things.  He seems wishy washy.  The whole Molly thing I’ll give him a pass on, as I do think he felt genuinely conflicted.  Tonight not so much. 

• Love 3

Vince was a number for the woman but I guess the idol and wanting bigger male strength did him in. Oddly enough, it’s the puzzles that have been there downfall. Vince joins a select group of people being voted out with an idol. 

• Love 2