Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E20: Never Let Me Go

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Life insurance claims can be paid very quickly.  His father died a couple of weeks before his spending spree.

I'm adding up one and one . . . 

Didn't think about that. 

9 hours ago, Drogo said:

He's adorable in the way a child is.  Then I remember he's not 5, he's a grown man and a father of two children and I don't trust him a lick to keep them or himself alive whatsoever.

The Friends episode where Chandler and Joey leave the baby on the bus?  That's Jihoon.

I agree with you.  He is adorable,  but in a little boy type of adorable.  I would imagine that would get very tiring after a while.

Jihoon: "I  left baby on bus. Do not worry, I will take care of it,  it will all be ok."

9 hours ago, magemaud said:

I highly doubt it was a real diamond unless he's counting it in the total of all the money he's spent on her. And wouldn't she look pretty ridiculous anyway, driving around in that hooptie car, living in that bare bones apartment and working at a tiki bar wearing a huge rock? But I'm also confused that apparently he had already given her some type of ring. Remember after she had gone back to Ecuador and Corey was still in Washington and they had an argument on the phone because she "wasn't wearing her ring"? 

The episode where he was questioning her about the ex boyfriend,  he said he had bought matching rings for them the previous visit.  He wore his & asked her where hers was.  She did not know.  

32 minutes ago, OrchidThief said:

Totally confused. The boy, Daniel, was very unhappy, so his mother is taking him home to the US, which is what he wanted. Now he's throwing a class-A whiny meltdown. Why? I thought he wanted to go home.

Daniel must not have realized,  because he is just a little  boy,  that leaving SA meant leaving Ronald.  I agree with ther poster who said once he gets back in his own environment,  he'll be fine.   I remember as a kid whenever we left my dad's for the summer to come back home,  I'd bawl,  once back home,  seeing my friends,  I was fine. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Drogo said:

I'd say the only 100% authentic relationship this season was between Daniel and Ronald.  Those 2 need and care for each other far more than Tiffany needs or cares for either.  

*No lie, I was fucked up over "Just one more hug."  Have I been there, my boy.

I agree- I also think the affection of Jihoon's parents towards Deavon is real as well.  As well as the relief that Ronald is someone else's problem as well.

Per the benefits that Daniel could/would receive as his bio dad has passed:  It all depends if Tiffany listed him as the father on the birth certificate.  If she did, he is good to go, if not, Daniel is screwed.  In my early 20's I knew way too many young ladies who got pregnant by their boyfriends who listed "Unknown" on the birth certificate as a way to get benefits sooner as the state of MN will not search for an unknown person, at that time (mid 80's.)  Now I fully admit that this is Minnesota, not Maryland so who the heck knows, right?  But Tiffany is not the most logical nor forward thinker.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I love him without reservation. He is cute as a button and I love his silliness. He's such a goofball! And his parents are so cute I could gobble them up. So refreshing after the parade of rude, unpleasant family members we've seen on this show. They are just lovely and I want to hang out with them.

Why is Deavan not taking Korean lessons? I mean, I know she has a baby but her MIL could help out for a few hours a week, couldn't she? I would think that learning the language of her adopted country would be priority one. Girl. Get it together!

They have been together how long and she couldn’t find a way to get through basic conversational Korean?  I have a box of empty that is smarter than she is.  Goes with my general concept of ‘does no one prepare for anything before getting involved with these things’?

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree- I also think the affection of Jihoon's parents towards Deavon is real as well.  As well as the relief that Ronald is someone else's problem as well.

I thought it was so cute how jihoons dad was on the edge of his seat to see how big a house they were going to get.  LOL. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

I was most annoyed in the midst of the live chat last night when the internet went out.  It almost never goes out, but when it does it usually chooses an inconvenient time.  

Corey/Evilyn---so what is their 4th anniversary commemorating?  their first meeting, first kiss, first promise ring?  Was there ever a moment that the hot air balloon wasn't securely tethered?  That seemed so weird as I was expecting them to go on a ride somewhere.  The new ring, the balloon and the fireworks must have cost him more than a few dollars.  

Ronald/Tiffany-- I am finding them predictable and boring.  I also think she has realized that Ronald has more issues than his gambling, and I am not sure she really wants him around anymore and will be quite relieved if he is not approved for the spousal visa.   I don't like how she is emotionally jerking Daniel around.   She has him skyping with Ronald and seeing him as a father figure before they go to SA,  and I think the attachment grows much deeper  while he is there.  She ignores his feelings about not wanting to stay in SA at the beginning of the 90 days, but then she uproots him to take him home.  It seems as though he didn't understand that Ronald could not go.  I wish this show did not allow participants with minor children.  

Jihoon/Deavan---I couldn't stand her at the beginning, but I am beginning to like her a little better.  At least she seems to have toned down the Dracula make up effect since she moved to Korea.  I liked the traditional wedding, although I wondered how far they would have to piggy-back to predict a large house.   I was laughing about their having 7 kids.   I can't believe she didn't google info about the Korean wedding tradition.  That said, once she was in hanbok, she looked almost Korean herself.  She seems to have a porcelain complexion (almost doll faced) and her eye make up, dark hair,  and high cheek bones add to the effect.   I hope they can make this work, but I truly don't understand why she isn't spending time learning Korean even simple stuff like the names of ordinary things and simple conversations.   Are the Americans on this show contractually forbidden to take language lessons? 

Sumit/Jenny-- He still looks older than 30, but maybe it is the effect of all that lying.  He does admit it is his fault, but he doesn't seem remorseful.   I wonder if he really is telling his family that he wants to be with Jenny as I expect he talks with forked tongue out of both sides of his mouth.   Jenny should blame him, but she won't since she can blame his family and Indian tradition.  Nope,  she still sees the lying Sumit as a really good man.   Barf!!!  She is so desperate.  I notice how he says he accepts that he did wrong, but he is saying it with his arms tightly crossed across his chest.

Tell-all preview----I wish they would have a body language expert who will look at out-takes of Sumit and comment.  Also I can't wait to hear Jenny's daughter's comments, but they will probably be in the last few minutes of Part 2. 

• Love 9

From another forum and this nails it for me

TEAM: Jenny knew.

Also she is pathetic - she is an older woman willing to subjugate common sense, integrity, and self-esteem to garner the "love" (read: attention) from an exotic, younger man. Let's not forget there is a young, Indian lady to whom he is married and has probably had relations with for the entirety of their marriage. This is not the Capulets and Montagues - it is a middle aged dude cheating on a young, Indian wife because he has a fetish. and a senior citizen hanging on with claw and foot to a married man because she is invisible in American society.

• Love 16

On one of the episodes, there was a bonus scene of Deavan trying to learn something in Korean from Jihoon, and he was messing with her. She knew how to say some simple phrases, though. I do think she's trying to fit into the culture without offending anyone, however, and that's why she's constantly looking so downtrodden. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

This couple is about as normal as it gets for this show, kinda like the couples on the first season.

The couples on the second season were pretty normal too. I believe that after the ratings bonanza with Danielle and Mohamed in season three, the show decided to go in a different direction.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I think, like some have have suggested, that Daniel is straight up confused.  First he is told all about his new awesome life in SA, but has been sold a bill of goods. 

We never heard if he got any "new kinds of candy." 

1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I hope they won't deal me a blow and split it into two parts!

My guide says "Tell All: Part 1" 

(sorry)

• Useful 3

I think Jenny and Sumit are rationalizing their situation this way:  they view their relationship as the real, committed one.  Sumit's marriage is like an affair, he stepped out on his real woman and the wife is the side piece.  So that is why Jenny says he has to "fix it", she wants to preserve their relationship but he put a crack in it.  They both think they have this grand love that transcends culture and geography and they'll always love each other, but his affair  is a blemish on that which means they now have to separate.   Of course to an outsider they both look delusional.  

Jenny does seem to have gotten some flattering clothes, and from the preview it looks like she finally changed her draggy hairstyle to something with a little more volume and oomph.

It will be nice if Deavan and Jihoon can work things out, his parents seem so happy with grandbaby and accepting of Deavan and Drascilla.  

Can't wait to see what happens next week that has Laura crying, "it's so embarrassing" and storming out like a five year old.  

Tiffany is a toad, Ronald is no better, and I hope Daniel survives this emotional meat grinder Tiffany chose to put him through.  

• Love 12

Tiffany makes my skin crawl. I felt that she was bad news from the first moment of her speaking about her ‘journey.’  Hate the misuse of that word by the way. 
I hope Daniel has strong support from other family members, because he’s going to need it. His mother is an emotional earthquake. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

4 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Very well said.

3 hours ago, Adeejay said:

The couples on the second season were pretty normal too. I believe that after the ratings bonanza with Danielle and Mohamed in season three, the show decided to go in a different direction.

I hated the show with Danielle. She was repulsive and constantly crying. 

• Love 7

Deviant has a bigger challenge learning a new language than most of the others on the show. Western and Asian languages have little in common. A big disadvantage is that the written languages have no similarities. Someone like Corey, for example, is able to read Spanish (even without understanding what he's reading) which helps in learning and communicating. Just seeing street signs and the like helps reinforce learning. No such luck in Korea. At least Korean writing, which is a simplified (in a good sense) form of Chinese, is one of the easier ones to learn.  

Imagine that you are driving in Ecuador, looking for a town or the airport. You know the correct word (even if your pronunciation is off) and you can follow the signs. In Korea, you have to know both the spoken and written from of the word which, to your mind, have no connection.

Edited by Gobi
  • Useful 10
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, CattyK said:

I think Jenny and Sumit are rationalizing their situation this way:  they view their relationship as the real, committed one.  Sumit's marriage is like an affair, he stepped out on his real woman and the wife is the side piece.  So that is why Jenny says he has to "fix it", she wants to preserve their relationship but he put a crack in it.  They both think they have this grand love that transcends culture and geography and they'll always love each other, but his affair  is a blemish on that which means they now have to separate.   Of course to an outsider they both look delusional.  

That is a very interesting take and I agree. Sr.Jenny was the OG of the relationship so she has "claimed him" as hers first. I wonder if Some Meat has Some little giblets running around ? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Gobi said:

Deviant has a bigger challenge learning a new language than most of the others on the show. Western and Asian languages have little in common. A big disadvantage is that the written languages have no similarities.

Yes but Korean is mostly phonetic so the symbols rarely change sounds. After a year she should be fairly fluent. Maybe not reading and writing but speaking and understanding

My kid went to Japan as an exchange student and knew just a little Japanese and when she came home she was fluent. What helped her was total immersion. She did say that it's hard for awhile and then bam you're thinking in a foreign language (and dreaming too).

Not learning the language of your new country is just lazy. Sorry if that offends but I have seen too many people who have been in the US longer than I've been alive who still don't know any English at all. And if my idiot mil can come to this country at 45 and learn English and go back to school to get a masters then anyone can.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Gobi said:

Deviant has a bigger challenge learning a new language than most of the others on the show. Western and Asian languages have little in common. A big disadvantage is that the written languages have no similarities. Someone like Corey, for example, is able to read Spanish (even without understanding what he's reading) which helps in learning and communicating. Just seeing street signs and the like helps reinforce learning. No such luck in Korea. At least Korean writing, which is a simplified (in a good sense) form of Chinese, is one of the easier ones to learn.  

That's true.   I have read that it takes about twice as long for English speakers to learn Korean as Spanish.   For example, what is learned in 30 weeks in a Spanish class will take about 70-80 hours in a Korean class.  At least Korean, unlike Chinese, is not a tonal language.

I think that is true for Jenny, but I am beginning to think that Sumit is no longer in love with Jenny, if indeed, he ever was.   I think he will be relieved to see her naggy, clingy self leave.  Maybe he is pretending to be married just to get rid of her or maybe he is in a bad marriage.  I just don't believe he wants to be with Jenny now.

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 4

Spanish is super easy, especially to read. Deaven probably has been been doing online courses at least. You’re not going to understand people speaking solely in the language you’re learning at first.

of all the countries on this show, S Korea is the most appealing to me, despite the language learning curve. It looks very clean and orderly. I like small homes, and the tent bars looked like a lot of fun. Korean food is nice too. 

I know TLC is mostly frauding is, but I think Deaven and Jihoon are a real couple, and I think they’ll make it. She’s very uptight and seems to mind her finances, and he’s very happy go lucky. She will teach him to be more financially responsible and mature, and he will teach her to be more relaxed. Complimentary differences. 

I think they’ll probably move to the US, at least for awhile. There’s no way TLC doesn’t want Jihoon for the after show. 

• Love 10
22 hours ago, vmcd88 said:

That whole conversation Tiffany had with Ronald's counselor was so stupid.  She was asking the counselor to babysit Ronald while she was away.  I dont understand what drove Tiff to want to exit stage left so quickly.  Was it the shabby hospital for pregnant women? Her poor child?  Is it easier to get him a visa to come to the US now that they are already married?

I think like someone else posted, she was likely on a 90 day visitor visa.  Ronald slipped up a bit and said "but she HAS to go" and I don't think that was a "she has to go because of her son" but more of a "she has to go because her visa is running out"

20 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I"m not understanding the point of lying about the pregnancy timeline. She's obviously more than 3 months pregnant. That fetus was waving on the damn ultrasound. I've had 3 kids with literally dozens of ultrasounds and I just accompanied a friend to get one on her 12-week old fetus last week. There's no way that what we were shown was Tiffany's 90-day bump. So either the baby belongs to someone else or Tiffany's been in SA longer than they've admitted. But why lie about the latter? 

She had to have been pregnant before she flew over with Daniel, right!?!?  When talking to the counselor guy she did say she had been over there multiple times, so I think she was over there shortly before they started filming and got pregnant then.  Otherwise she was pregnant like 2 weeks after the wedding.  I thought for sure their timeline was just more drawn out that others but then some episodes later she's all "I've only been here a month"  which was way after the pregnancy announcement! 

She seemed way too comfortable around Ronald's counselor from just meeting him the day Ronald got out. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Twopper said:

I wish this show did not allow participants with minor children.  

A whole hearted AMEN!!!!  It’s one thing for the person who makes the stupid decisions to suffer the consequences. It’s another thing for a child, who has no voice in the matter, to suffer the consequences.

• Love 20

Somemeat’s friends were onto the scam and laid low for him. Would not be surprised if His Wife and their families are also in on it.  They figure he gets a decent paycheck from the filming and they never have to show their faces.  Would not be surprised if Jenny also knew his situation but used Magical Thinking to assume Somemeat would leave his wife for her once she’d made the Big Move. It was a big gamble and it looks like she lost.  Now that he came clean, I can’t look at him the same sympathetic way anymore.  He’s a lying liar who keeps lying.  The only thing he is interested in is the TLC $$$.

Ronald’s not my type (gambler, drinker, liar....), but there are moments when I can see the physical appeal (ducks shoes being thrown). Thought it was very sketchy of Tiff not to warn Daniel to Not Cry at the airport because it would only leave Ronald in a puddle.  I can see why Tiff would want to give birth in the US....hope she has some plans to earn money before she heads back to SA.

Jihoon  was super cute when he said Deaven looked Korean in her wedding outfit.  He’s charming, but I hope he gets a job soon!

OMG Corey!  Aghhhhh!  I Just . Cannot. With. Him.  That begging, lame proposal.  “If you say No that’s okay, I just have to do this!”  WTH??? That was one of the most Selfish proposals ever!  He knows she doesn’t want to marry....her family tells him she doesn’t want to get married, but that does not stop him from doing it anyway.  You could tell she ONLY said yes because 1) The Ring; 2) The camera; and 3) the realization that she can break it off and keep the ring!  He is an idiot!  She cares only for Evil-lyn, and thinks he’s a Dope....she’s right.  The Grand Gestures were paid for by TLC.... no way is he going to spend big bucks when he should be handing over every penny to Her!

Edited by Eme
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Yeah that's when the producers decided to turn it from a somewhat realistic reality show into fake tv.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, RealReality said:

Jenny is a ride or die for real!  

This isn't his fault?  Girl you just quit your job and spend your $6k to be a piece of side ass!  

Sumit is NEVER getting divorced unless his poor wife is so mortified and humiliated that she demands a divorce. 

Last week he was all piss and vinegar "I'd rather be in jail!" "I finally told them I love Jenny and I'll do anything to be with her!" 

This week "I have a lot of work to do" "My brother will be back in an hour" "I wish you didn't have to leave but we had a great time"

He needs to quit with the "buts" this is all his fault.  Full stop. 

She absolutely lost me when she wanted to "talk to craigh one on one". 

I'm not 10, if you need to talk about me I can stay in the damn room. 

Round of applause!  😄  

I was watching this at home alone and when Jenny was blubbering about how "it's not his fault!," I rolled my eyes and yelled, "THEN WHO THE FUCK'S FAULT IS IT, JENNY???"  This entire scenario is clearly only one person's fault...the catfishing, lying, cheating, spineless sack of shit, Sumbitch.  Hell, that's not even a grey area, IMO, it's just a fact.  Ugh.  Jenny, you twit.  

I'm really curious to see if this asshat even phones in for the tell all.  I can't imagine he was looking forward to a showdown with Jenny's daughter, and that girl's probably going to come out guns blazing (and I would too in her place).  

I can't wait until Monday to see this shitshow.  Better buy the wine and snacks now so I'm prepared.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
On 10/8/2019 at 11:25 AM, RoxiP said:

A REAL woman would have told Sumit to leave her alone and concentrate on his marriage. 

I would definitely have kicked Sumit to the curb and been fuming if I found out that he was married, but I wouldn't tell someone to concentrate on their marriage. You have no idea what the backstory is there: abuse, forced marriage, etc. I'd tell the lout to shit or get off the pot with regard to marriage: get out of it before you entangle someone else in your life. Sumit is a number one dirtbag.

On 10/8/2019 at 11:28 AM, politichick said:

That said, as someone else noted above, Tiffany couldn't wait to hightail it out of SA. Something seems a bit fishy about that whole situation.

Deavan and Jihoon are cute, but I hope they can find a way to earn some money to support their growing family. And I hope that she's learning how to speak Korean because when the devil child arrives she'll likely be fluent within months and Deaven will be the only one in the house who speaks only English.

Corey and Evelyn are boring.

Can't wait for the tell-all.

I agree with the fishiness of Tiffani's story.

With regard to Deavan, it was irritating to me when she met Jihoon's family and none of them spoke English. Her answer was, "What have I gotten myself into?" when she should have said something on the order of, "I will need to learn Korean so I can communicate at least somewhat with my new family." You chose this Deavan, it shouldn't be such a burden. Yes, it's difficult to learn Korean, but you married in so suck it up and do it.

19 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Usually?  Yes.  Always?  No.  My brother died last month and had two policies . . . one for his ex-wife, and one to be split evenly among his four adult kids.

I'm sorry for your loss @AZChristian. I really am.

My favorite part of the preview for the Tell All was LUDWING!

• Love 7

I'm not in the Jihoon fan club.  He's a liar and a thief.  He knowingly took stolen property and sold it, including internationally.  He told Deaven that he had a job and was saving money and he didn't.  He is a man-child and has absolutely no plan for his future.  I do think he loves Deaven and I do think he loves his baby, and yes he is cute, but he's absolutely clueless.

• Love 19

I continue to be confused by TLC's splitting these shows into Before and The Other Way.  Aren't they *all* The Other Way?  and also Before?  Did we have such an embarrassment of riches that they just had to be divided?

I wonder what Tiffany thought life in SA would be like--she visited there before, right?  She knew it would be unsafe for Daniel to play outside the way he did in the US, and that housing was fortified against break-ins.  The only thing I can figure is that she didn't realize how serious Ronald's criminal record was--and that's on both of them:  him for not volunteering, but mostly her for not demanding answers.  I think they felt they would all move to the US, where Ronald would get a job (doing what, though?  We've been given no clue as to what he might be qualified to do, even to train for, hell, even what he enjoys other than gambling) and she hurled herself and Daniel headlong into this shitcastrophe, full of fear and regret, but apparently feeling it's too late to back out--they're already married, the dumb fucks.

I predict that Tiffany and Daniel will never return to SA, and Ronald will never be allowed into the US.  Is there some third country with perhaps laxer requirements for entry yet safer than SA that they could all emigrate to?

• Love 7
1 minute ago, RoxiP said:

I'm not in the Jihoon fan club.  He's a liar and a thief.  He knowingly took stolen property and sold it, including internationally.  He told Deaven that he had a job and was saving money and he didn't.  He is a man-child and has absolutely no plan for his future.  I do think he loves Deaven and I do think he loves his baby, and yes he is cute, but he's absolutely clueless.

There is something about him that I really like, however, it's like one of those situations where you have a friend with a loud or foolish spouse that you think is hilarious but would not think that at all if it was your own spouse. If I was in a relationship with Jihoon, he would drive me up the wall. I hate all the "Don't worry," "I need to...." with no action. He seems like he was a pampered boy who got himself into trouble because he wanted easy money. He doesn't seem particularly moved to get off his behind to provide a place for his family to live. He has too much of a carefree attitude while real shit is going on in front of him. That said, there is something I just love about him.

• Love 15

I wonder if Jihoon's parents were only able to have one child (has there been any mention of any siblings?) and therefore he has been indulged most of his life?  They certainly want lots of grandchildren!

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I continue to be confused by TLC's splitting these shows into Before and The Other Way.  Aren't they *all* The Other Way?  and also Before?  Did we have such an embarrassment of riches that they just had to be divided?

It is confusing but it does make some sense. On "the other way" all of these people went overseas to get married and stay there for now.  On Before they are going to meet the person for the first time, usually in the other person's country because I guess it's easier for American's to get travel visas to other countries? 

• Useful 1
20 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Usually?  Yes.  Always?  No.  My brother died last month and had two policies . . . one for his ex-wife, and one to be split evenly among his four adult kids.

Oh, dear.  I am so sorry to hear this.   Sending cyber hugs.

Yes, it is possible that Corey's dad left him some $$ or other assets,  but I think TLC is springing for the balloon and fireworks.  She has been pretty adamant about not wanting children or marriage so I don't quite understand him.   He needs to cut his loses and return to the states and look for an LDS woman.

Jenny needs to cut her loses and go home to her daughter.   At least Tiff seems to be beginning to cut her loses by getting away from Ronald.  I can see her filing for divorce.

And Paul and Karine need to quit talking all the time about the possibility of divorce.   In  our 30+ years of marriage, that discussion has never once come up.  I realize they may be incompatible and may eventually split up,  but the constant reference to divorce seems almost like a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

• Love 8

I was kind of bored by this episode. 

I don't care, Jenny.  You knew he was a liar from the get go, so why all the misery about learning he's a liar?  Also, (this is going to sound mean, especially as I am older than Jenny) she should have continued to color her hair while waiting for Summit as there was a lot of gray showing (mine is gray, so it's not a criticism-but she chooses to color her hair, so keep it up).  She looked visibly older to me in this episode. 

I don't care, Cory.  Evelyn has told you numerous times that she didn't want to get married.  I agree with an above poster that she studied the diamond for quite a while and that's why she said yes.

I did enjoy Deavon and Jihoon at their wedding.  I really did like how excited all of his relatives were.  And, I agree with Jihoon, Deavon looked lovely in the traditional clothes.

And finally, I kind of hate Tiffany.  She has no regard for Daniel and manipulates him into whatever her current whim is and what she wants to do.  Yet, she always claims that what she is doing is what is best for Daniel.  I have no idea why she just didn't leave Daniel at home when she went to South Africa to marry Ronald.  She did not even seem upset at the distress that Daniel was demonstrating at the airport.  She was all 'business' about going home while Daniel was being ripped away from the man that she taught him to think of as his father.  Oh, and Jenny-that's what a real broken heart looks like.  Tiffany is just going to keep doing what she wants to do without any regard for the impact of her decisions and actions on anyone else.  My heart is with Daniel and I just hope that he will not have ongoing emotional issues related to the distress that he has been experiencing.

• Love 22
18 hours ago, OrchidThief said:

Totally confused. The boy, Daniel, was very unhappy, so his mother is taking him home to the US, which is what he wanted. Now he's throwing a class-A whiny meltdown. Why? I thought he wanted to go home.

Because he's a kid. He wants the familiarity he grew up with, AND he wants Ronald to be his "there for him" forever dad. The heart wants what it wants and logic rarely is involved even with adults, so I can't blame this poor child for wanting best of both worlds.

But Tiffany? First she puts him into the position of choosing between staying with Ronald and going home, phrasing it in a way that comes off as, "if you don't want to stay here you'll ruin our family" and later decides SHE doesn't want to stay there, then hightails it out of there as if being pursued by The Furies. Nice move, mom. 🤬

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
18 hours ago, LilMissKnowitall said:

I wondered that too about tiffany, and then listening to her and watching her at the airport decided she must have realized she really doesn't like Ronald. I think she didn't know him well and after three months thought "nope". She seemed like she was on her way to the grocery store not saying goodbye at the airport to her husband. Nothing she says aligns with what she does.

You could almost feel her relief permeating the airport.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, hookedontv said:

Did y'all see the shot of Jenny's daughter at the Tell All? I think she borrowed some of Deavan's red eye shadow. Or had Druscilla apply her makeup. 

Yes, she did look a bit "overdone" 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Gobi said:

No such luck in Korea. At least Korean writing, which is a simplified (in a good sense) form of Chinese, is one of the easier ones to learn.  

Written Chinese is made up of symbols/characters.  The things that look like symbols in Korean are actually letters--an alphabet, like consonants and vowels. 

10 hours ago, Gobi said:

Imagine that you are driving in Ecuador, looking for a town or the airport. You know the correct word (even if your pronunciation is off) and you can follow the signs.

Plus your pronunciation doesn't have to be that far off because Spanish sounds exactly like it's spelled.  Unlike, say, French.

You may not be able to roll your Rs like a native Spanish speaker, but you'll be a hell of a lot closer than you'll be if you just read French out loud.  Case in point:  pommes frites.  Only two syllables in French, with no audible S in either.  Who knew?  (Definitely not me, who pronounced it just like it looks, with all four syllables and every S accounted for, and was summarily corrected by the person taking my order.)

5 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I was watching this at home alone and when Jenny was blubbering about how "it's not his fault!," I rolled my eyes and yelled, "THEN WHO THE FUCK'S FAULT IS IT, JENNY???"  This entire scenario is clearly only one person's fault...the catfishing, lying, cheating, spineless sack of shit, Sumbitch.  Hell, that's not even a grey area, IMO, it's just a fact.  Ugh.  Jenny, you twit. 

I was only halfway watching, but I swear I heard her say that she's (maybe also?) responsible because she chose to move there.  Uh, if your decision was based on lies you'd been told, then you're not responsible.  At least in my book, anyway.

Which does make me wonder if she did know.  I don't trust this show.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, LilMissKnowitall said:

I wondered that too about tiffany, and then listening to her and watching her at the airport decided she must have realized she really doesn't like Ronald. I think she didn't know him well and after three months thought "nope". She seemed like she was on her way to the grocery store not saying goodbye at the airport to her husband. Nothing she says aligns with what she does.

Wouldn’t it be grand if people could figure out they didn’t like someone before they got pregnant? I don’t understand playing fast and loose with reproduction matters. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 20
2 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Wouldn’t it be grand if people could figure out they didn’t like someone before they got pregnant? I don’t understand playing fast and loose with reproduction matters. 

It’s all about instant gratification with these dim bulbs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, RoxiP said:

I wonder if Jihoon's parents were only able to have one child (has there been any mention of any siblings?) and therefore he has been indulged most of his life? 

I thought at one point he mentioned having an older brother? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

On "the other way" all of these people went overseas to get married and stay there for now.

From the previews, the "other" scenario only seems to have worked out for Deaven and Jihoon. Oh, and maybe Paul and Karine, who I feel have told their story so many times-on Before, During AND After the 90 days in addition to TOW-that I can't keep straight where they ultimately plan on living if they don't divorce. 

Edited to add: I just realized they probably don't know, either! 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Or even with getting married.  

I wonder if dumbass Tiffany had waited at least 60 days after her arrival to marry Ronald, would she have still done it...or would she have figured out it wasn't going to work, cut her losses, and hauled ass back to America, still single and not expecting a second kid.  

I look for her to file for divorce within about a year...and probably claim it's because "it was best for Daniel."   🤢

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

LOL that's the only way you'd get me in one.

I'd have been bitching and demanding to go back down when it hit about 6 feet.  I had them stop the pirate swing at a carnival once to be let off.  The carnie was laughing until I told him if I had a heart attack, I was suing him personally.  He not only stopped the ride and let me get off, he also returned my ticket because he had told me it would be fun.  Fun my ass.  A root canal would have been more joyful than that shit.  😄 

Was I the only one waiting for Evelin to whip out a jeweler's loupe to check out that diamond before accepting the proposal?  

She was probably mentally adding up the cost of the ring, the hot air balloon "ride," and the private chef meal and wondering how he paid for it all when she thought she had bilked all of his money.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, renatae said:

But Tiffany? First she puts him into the position of choosing between staying with Ronald and going home, phrasing it in a way that comes off as, "if you don't want to stay here you'll ruin our family" and later decides SHE doesn't want to stay there, then hightails it out of there as if being pursued by The Furies. Nice move, mom. 🤬

She is/was nutso.

• Love 4