Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: Lines We Cross

• Start Topic

Airdate 2019.10.06

The group in Oceanside continues to train in case the Whisperers return. Tensions are high as the communities struggle to hold onto their concept of civilization.

Mod Note:  This thread is for discussion of the episode only.  If you didn't see it happen onscreen, discussion of it does not belong here and your post WILL be removed.  DO NOT DISCUSS CASTING NEWS, including reported cast comings and goings.   We have separate threads for discussing spoilers or the comics.  

Well. Okay, so this was not horrible. True, my expectations were extremely low, but still. We got minimal Negan, even if we had to hear him babble about shitting pants. Minimal snotty brats. Good action and some good interaction. I did skip over the Rosita/Sadiq/Eugene/FPP scene though.

• Love 10

Like many of us, I spent several hours this evening rewatching last seasons episodes. And, while for the most part they were stupid but fun the first time I watched them, now that I've seen them a few times I was mostly bored. I suspected that by the time I saw this one I'd have had enough of the show and would go to sleep fairly early. Instead, I'm actually looking forward to watching it a second time. Parts of it were smart, parts of it were stupid, but the whole thing held my interest. Even the cringey stuff (shitting pants, Judith getting to do a solo performance in the middle of the otherwise tightly organized military formation...) was quick and silly enough to make me laugh and then go away before it wore out its welcome. And a lot of what's going on is legitimately good scripting and acting. Negan can still fuck off immediately, of course.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

I'm deeply sorry, but that fake-ass, semi-opaque, stuffed toy donkey/deer cross thing? If they want to use CGI, someone needs to start throwing a few more quarters in the Tip jar.

darylDC-211_634x392sm copy.jpg

Just now, CletusMusashi said:

Like many of us, I spent several hours this evening rewatching last seasons episodes.

I have to be honest. I only spent time deleting them on my DVR.

• LOL 18
  • Love 5

If we can just pretend Negan isnt still around, rambling on about piss and poop like a five year old while yammering on about his psych 101 crap, it was actually a pretty good episode and a pretty promising start to the season. Now if they actually keep up the momentum is anyone's guess...

It was great seeing the group at the beginning using real tactics and training and people all working together. Plus, we got water Walkers AND fire Walkers, and I am always happy to see the landscape affecting the Walkers and adding some variety and creativity to Walker kills and fight scenes. Plus its just fun to see what the make up people come up with! 

I also liked a lot of the character beats, like Eugene and the baby, the Doc dealing with PTSD, Connie and Darryl being flirty (I was hesitant at first, but I kinda like them now) and of course Carol and Darryl being awesome best friends. I love their friendship so much, you can really see the long history between them and the connection that they have. Like I said in the live thread, its so trippy to think that they are the last two standing of the original group from season one, back when the group was about a dozen or so people just camping off a highway and trucking around in an RV. My my how things have changed! 

I also am intrigued by the soviet satellite, and what Eugene can do with it. I am glad that Michonne, who last season seemed to be falling into a bit of a "its my way or the highway" mindset, was willing to listen to him and realize that it was probably a good idea. 

Alpha returns, and Carol is ready to beat her bald head in! Oh if only she had a gun, she could have just taken her out right there!

• Love 12

Why does Judith tell RJ the story of the 'brave man' instead of just the story of 'Daddy'?  That last thing Rick Grimes needs in that group is to be mythologized even more.  A lot of people, including his own son, would probably still be alive if they had knocked the halo off Rick's swollen head long before he bugged out with Garbage Pail lady.  RJ needs to know that his father was a human being, not some superhero.

• Love 18

I didn't realize Judith has time to learn about meteor showers and outer space while she gallavants around with a sword killing rotting zombies. Where's Michonne's "Proud Parent of an Honor Student" bumper sticker when you need one??

• LOL 13
  • Love 7

As much I liked a subplot about them fighting a forest fire, because conserving useful resources is a far better choice than the Rick Grimes policy of "live one place until it burns down, lather, rinse, repeat," I do have a question. How were they simultaneously worried about crossing the border into Whisperville and about Oceanside burning down? I quite clearly recall Oceanside being an island. Did the Oceansiders relocate onto the mainland? Honestly, if so, dumb ass move.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

As much I liked a subplot about them fighting a forest fire, because conserving useful resources is a far better choice than the Rick Grimes policy of "live one place until it burns down, lather, rinse, repeat," I do have a question. How were they simultaneously worried about crossing the border into Whisperville and about Oceanside burning down? I quite clearly recall Oceanside being an island. Did the Oceansiders relocate onto the mainland? Honestly, if so, dumb ass move.

Oceanside isn’t an island, but it was near (on) the coast.

My question is I thought is was a good distance from Alexandria. Yet, Eugene was in Alexandria talking baby nonsense early in the episode, but then he’s there for the fire (and the fallen satellite) which was at Oceanside. Did he develop a transporter between seasons? I know he’s smart and all.

And has anyone actually seen the demarcation between the land for Michonne’s people (Daryl’s people?) and the Whisperer’s? Last night a couple of people mentioned it, but all I saw was open land. I saw no signs, no fences, no nothing. And if I’m right, there’s a lot of land between Alexandria and Oceanside. Did they hire a group of surveyors to go out and mark the land?

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

So Saddiq has PTSD but he can't/won't share with anybody because....reasons.   Well TBH I'm not sure he wants to hear Eugene's long way around ten dollar word explanation for it and what he should do about it but otherwise what possible excuse could there be for not saying hey guys can't get the imaging of seeing all my friends slaughtered out of my head.  Seems a pretty normal reaction.

I liked the training sequence but there was a certain balance in the walker herd during the fire that should have showed them the difference between lining up and fighting when you've planned and organized for it and when it sneaks up on you while you have other things to deal with and don't have all your weapons and fancy shields handy.

There's a part of me that wonders what would have happened if Carol had yelled out to Alpha or if there had been someone a little less pissed off on the cliff and they did it "Hey, forest fire is out, we handled it, you're safe and so are we but watch out for stray embers".  Sort of like I know I'm on your side but there was an emergency and we saved your ass and ours.  I know the answer is really nothing would have happened because Alpha isn't logical that way and her response to seeing the fire (question how did they NOT see the satellite or the fire) would have been it's natural and if we or they burn that's just how it is.

Didn't hate or love the episode, it's just set up for the season to come, pretty much each character got a sort of "this is where I am mentally and/or physically" shout out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

What happed to the bullet factory? It seems like as time goes on, the more backwards their society becomes. It's like reverse evolution. Are they going to wind up living in caves and using stone knives?

Edited by FishyJoe
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8

I like that they're at least trying to figure out new ways to fight walkers that might not be walkers.  The alternative is to continue doing what they've been doing letting the walkers get close enough to them to be able to stab them, which flying ninja Jesus learned the hard way can be deadly if those walkers turn out to be corpse-wearing nutjobs who can stab you back.  The Roman legion-style techniques seem effective enough in an actual battle they know is coming, but as we saw that's not going to help them a ton if they're say, battling a forest fire that draws a herd they also suddenly have to fight.  All silliness aside, the forest fire looked terrific and addressed one of those practicalities that always fascinate me with series like this: how do you fight a blaze that big without a firetruck or water pressure?

Interested to see if anything comes of the Soviet satellite or whether it's this series' red comet that everyone saw and wondered about but didn't necessarily lead to anything beyond that.  As tired as I am of the show having characters take turns musing about their morality or the larger existential nature of the ZA this many seasons in, (Have you stuck any heads on pikes lately, Aaron?  Then you're probably not the bad guy in this scenario.) I do like a more assertive Aaron pointing out the obvious that they can't all live in fear indefinitely and at some point tiptoeing around the what-if just crosses into ridiculous territory of fearing the boogeyman.  It's a little disconcerting to see how meekly our crew accepted these randomly drawn borders from people who then apparently disappeared for months, which I believe is the point Carol was also trying to make when she and Daryl wandered off to the lookout point where Awful showed Daryl her giant herd last season, although I guess that's an easy thing to say when you're not the one sticking around living with the possible consequences day after day.  But we'll go with it since the show is stuck in one of its usual get their asses handed to them and then regroup cycles and hopefully that stare down at the end means Carol remembers that she is indeed Carol and isn't going to put up with that hairless filthy-faced corpse-wearing freak another day.

I don't hate this aged up Judith as some seem to, but I could have done without her doing the chipmunk voiced recap to lead off the episode.  

I'm also never going to forgive this show for forcing a "rehabilitated" Negan on us.  I don't care how allegedly charming they try to make him or how many times he waxes about shittin' pants for supposedly comic effect.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Seems like the easiest way to determine if there are whisperers would be to fire a volley of arrows. How many whisperers are going to just keep walking when they see sharp pointy objects flying in their direction? Of course if they had guns, it would make it all that much easier.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

They must have edited out the scene where Eugene was measuring that baby's penis.

I thought Coco was a girl, no? 

Shows how much I care about babies. I feel like I’m surrounded by them in real life, now I gotta watch diapers being changed on a zombie show too. Sigh. At least Rosita doesn’t have Instagram to post pics of lil’ Coco, phew!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

At least Rosita doesn’t have Instagram to post pics of lil’ Coco, phew!

Speaking of Instagram, do you think Daryl posts photos of Dog?

How 'bout Negan and the tomatoes he grows?

And do you think there are any bathing suit shots from Oceanside?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I am tired of watching animals get killed on this show.

And the way they kill them is always horrific (to this day I can't think about the piglets) although usually totally dumb and nonsensical. Maybe Kirkman got bitten by a dog or kicked by a horse once and is taking out his revenge on them this way. I am a huge fan of CGI animals. Seeing wild animals in movies always caused me distress and worry so I'm extremely happy that they are all, for the most part, fake. CGI has come so far it's sometimes hard to tell if they're real or not, so why do all the CGI animals in this show look so dreadfully, laughably bad?

Near the end, we see blood spurting from the throat of a walker, so it had to be a Skin Head. Are they in such deep "cover" they still won't break character even to save their lives?

44 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

I'm also never going to forgive this show for forcing a "rehabilitated" Negan on us. 

Wasn't Daryl there when Negan threw the doc in the fire and burned off that boy's face while the harem of sex slaves stood there? I don't recall if he was or not, but if so did Daryl tell anyone about what he witnessed at the Sanctuary? I believe Negan could be termed "incorrigible", so no - no rehabilitation.

• Love 3

Negan's role should be simply defined as: If our people get hopelessly surrounded and their only chance is for someone to act as a decoy to draw away the herd, let Negan do it. If he makes it, he makes it. If he doesn't, too bad. I guess he'll be shitting in his pants.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Carol isn't as likable as she used to be.  She is starting to come off as being a bit stuck up.

Carol has ALWAYS been stuck up.  Behaviour that would have Michonne called everything but a child of God is SOP with Ms. Carol.  She's either 'poor me my daughter died' or looking down her nose at people while she uses them.  Or kills them.

Carol LOVED being Queen Carol.  When Zeke stopped being King, she stopped being Queen.  And Zeke was history.

I don't think it's any coincidence that she's ready to take off with Daryl now that he's showing interest in Connie.  It's too bad Connie is hearing-impaired because she won't be able to hear Carol sneaking up behind her.

The scene with Carol and Whisperer Lady was perfect.  Two twisted women staring each other down and DOING nothing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I didn't hate it so that's good. I still like much less mumbly Daryl so that's good.

Why was Eugene measuring the baby ten ways to sunday? Just because? Man has a lot of time on his hands apparently.

Poor Zeke, so happy to see Carol and she was all rushy rush with him.

When Rosita walked by Negan I loved the look of hatred on her face towards him. Immediately made me think of Abraham and Glenn and that Negan shouldn't be allowed out in the sun anymore but there he is.

Friggin' Carol bringing the wrath of the Whisperers back. Good going lady. Sheesh.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Wasn't Daryl there when Negan threw the doc in the fire and burned off that boy's face while the harem of sex slaves stood there? I don't recall if he was or not, but if so did Daryl tell anyone about what he witnessed at the Sanctuary?

I really want to say that he was, but I'm not feeling nearly self-loathing enough to go back and rewatch any part of that particular episode to check because it really ... wasn't good.  We've never seen Daryl say much at all about what he saw or what was done to him at the Sanctuary.  You'd think that might have come up at some point as the Alexandrians are increasingly having Negan out and about doing their chores for them and letting him hang about the edges of their society.  

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

I really want to say that he was, but I'm not feeling nearly self-loathing enough to go back and rewatch any part of that particular episode to check because it really ... wasn't good. 

Thank goodness for YouTube. Eugene was there when the doc went into the fire and of course he knew all about the subjugated rape victims. Daryl and Carl were watching as Negan burned Mark's face. If Daryl or Eugene ever brought up those events to protest Michonne's protecting, and now semi-freeing Negan into the general population we never saw it.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SamBeckett said:

Speaking of Instagram, do you think Daryl posts photos of Dog?

How 'bout Negan and the tomatoes he grows?

And do you think there are any bathing suit shots from Oceanside?

Unfortunately, I think we all know exactly what Negan posts pictures of.

• LOL 13
20 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Thank goodness for YouTube. Eugene was there when the doc went into the fire and of course he knew all about the subjugated rape victims. Daryl and Carl were watching as Negan burned Mark's face. If Daryl or Eugene ever brought up those events to protest Michonne's protecting, and now semi-freeing Negan into the general population we never saw it.

Completely forgot about the usefulness of YouTube in answering this particular question.  I guess the assumption is that if you watched the man brain to death two people of your own community you claimed to love and then lived through weeks? months? however long of him and his cohorts terrorizing that same community and randomly killing more members of it before finally trying to firebomb it and still want him out picking your tomatoes, no one's probably going to care all that much that oh, he was also really horribly awful to his own people.

• Love 5

Was Spear Guy one of the former Saviors? I wondered about it because he was the only person calling Negan "sir." Was that an old habit, indicating that he remembers what Negan was like when he was free? Or was he saying it in that sort of ironic way that cops in real life always use it when they talk to me? "Sir, if you do not put your pants and underwear back on I am going to taze you again."

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Near the end, we see blood spurting from the throat of a walker, so it had to be a Skin Head. Are they in such deep "cover" they still won't break character even to save their lives?

I had the same thought, but did whoever killed that walker/maybe whisperer just not think it through? Because it wasn't mentioned, and I think I'd be screaming to everyone that there were Whisperers among the walkers if that were the case.

So maybe it was just plot-driven blindness to what was happening.  But I suspect it was just a "wouldn't it be awesome to put out some fire with walker blood?" moment.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I noticed last season that quite a few seemingly normal zombies were killed by things that canonically would not kill them. Arrows to the chest and so forth. Once the whisperers showed up I started using their existence as an explanation for any zombie kills that didn't look like zombie kills. Why would they just randomly shuffle to their death without using weapons or evasive techniques? I don't know. But crazy people acting crazy is a thing that happens. Maybe sometimes they develop a form of psychosis in which they believe themselves to actually be zombies? Hey, it's no sillier than anything else associated with these people.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I wonder if the radio communication system that Eugene will very likely build with parts from the satellite will be their connection back to Maggie/Georgie or some sort of connection to Jadis/The Helicopter/Rick (at the end of the season).

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I wonder if the radio communication system that Eugene will very likely build with parts from the satellite will be their connection back to Maggie/Georgie or some sort of connection to Jadis/The Helicopter/Rick (at the end of the season).

Maybe they'll make contact with the castways on LOST.  

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

I hope Rick stays gone. Civilization is progressing far more rapidly and stably without him.

What I wouldn't mind would be if Eugene built a new robot Maggie, so at least we could have some kind of closure on that character. They wouldn't even have to get Lauren back. She could be played by any actress that knows how to dance like a robot.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, Bad Example said:

I had the same thought, but did whoever killed that walker/maybe whisperer just not think it through?

I'm pretty sure it was Carol and she reached around from behind the "walker" to cut its throat instead of stabbing it through the base of the skull. If anyone knows how to kill walkers , it's Carol.

1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

I guess the assumption is that if you watched the man brain to death two people of your own community

JMO, but Negan braining two of our group in retribution for the many Saviors Rick &Co murdered in their sleep is one thing. Delighting in torture and committing ongoing rape puts him in a different category, one in which he should not be allowed to mingle with the population.

1 hour ago, CletusMusashi said:

Unfortunately, I think we all know exactly what Negan posts pictures of.

If he can log into Reddit - dick pics galore!

• Love 3
8 hours ago, spiderpig said:

Well, we're back to the usual Angel Kang crap.  I fell asleep, and I couldn't wait for the return of the series.

Me too.  The only thing that could keep me up is the russian satellite, the rest of the show is pretty boring.

• Love 3

Honestly, I think I'm done. I was completely unmoved by the entire episode. I was on the fence about coming back after last season and this was pretty much all I need to reach the conclusion that I just don't care about any of this anymore. It's sad, I was so into the first six seasons, then it got ruined by Negan and the Saviors, and now The Whisperers, which are even dumber. I suppose I want to see Carol kill Alpha but I'm not going to sit through an entire season or two or however long it takes to get to that point. 

I didn't even bother to watch Talking Dead, I can't with Chris Hardwick kissing production ass and chirpily talking up this show like it isn't complete garbage. 

Another character is starting to lose their hearing, that won't end well.

Is that what was going on? Kelly is going deaf too? Are she and Connie related? I can't even remember. That's the whole problem, I just don't care about any of these new people like Magna and Connie and Luke. I can't even remember half their names without IMDB. 

I am tired of watching animals get killed on this show.

Actually the show has always been pretty light on animal deaths. There was the horse in the pilot, and Ezekial's tiger, and maybe one other deer, and that's about it.

I found it ironic that fans were making such a big deal out of the fake looking CGI deer. Honestly, that's the least of this show's problems.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

That deer is really funny looking.

Maybe the 200 people estimate came from how abnormally thick its legs were.

Here's the biggest question about it, though: why the hell would any deer still be hanging out in whisperer/horde territory? Wouldn't the deer that stupid already be killed off? And wouldn't the other ones be like "Oh, I hear and smell thousands of those things that immediately eat us, maybe I'll go that other direction."

I mean, those walkers really like the taste of chubby CGI deer! They converged right onto a dead one and continued to munch it while ignoring the live humans who were having an entire conversation right there in plain view. 

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

As much as I'd like to believe that Carol was savvy enough to recognize a rogue Whisperer wandering among them and cut his throat to make sure he was dead, I'm more inclined to think that our show crew thought no further than how cool it would it look to put out a hot spot with spraying walker blood even if didn't make any logical sort of sense for how we know walkers can be killed.

18 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

JMO, but Negan braining two of our group in retribution for the many Saviors Rick &Co murdered in their sleep is one thing. Delighting in torture and committing ongoing rape puts him in a different category, one in which he should not be allowed to mingle with the population.

True enough.  There's a case to be made that as unfortunate as it was for Glenn and the Heat Miser, CBD had that coming for both preemptively murdering the Saviors in their sleep and Carol and Maggie shortly afterward lighting up the second crew on little more than the word of Jesus and the Hilltoppers, who they'd just met.  The math on that is two of CBD for dozens of dead Saviors.  But if you look at the great and many misdeeds collectively that were done to and in front of our group, it's hard to think that if those things weren't dealbreakers for having Negan free among them that oh, he did something horrible to own people would be.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I suppose I want to see Carol kill Alpha but I'm not going to sit through an entire season or two or however long it takes to get to that point. 

Let me add this to your concern: How many of us were itching to see Rick kill Negan???

And we know how that turned out. 

There's no real point in thinking this show is going to satisfy any of our "itches."

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Actually the show has always been pretty light on animal deaths. There was the horse in the pilot, and Ezekial's tiger, and maybe one other deer, and that's about it.

There were also the piglets, the horse Daryl approached in the field, the feral dogs our gang ate(understandable), the goat of the Cheesemaker, and the dogs when Negan threw the walker in at them at the Sanctuary (ridiculous).

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

But if you look at the great and many misdeeds collectively that were done to and in front of our group, it's hard to think that if those things weren't dealbreakers for having Negan free among them that oh, he did something horrible to own people would be.

No, not that he did horrible things to his own people. It's that he is capable of inflicting such atrocities on anyone, and enjoying it. He's like a serial killer who, because of the lack of inhibitions and empathy he has about torture, rape and murder and the pleasure he takes in doing it, he should never be free because that type of person (who is a sociopath or was turned into one by the ZA) cannot be rehabilitated and society is not safe as long as he is free.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

He's like a serial killer who, because of the lack of inhibitions and empathy he has about torture, rape and murder and the pleasure he takes in doing it, he should never be free because that type of person (who is a sociopath or was turned into one by the ZA) cannot be rehabilitated and society is not safe as long as he is free.

I can see how this is going to end (not that I want it too): There is en epic battle with the epic villain. (Yet to be named. But let's say he/she is evil personified. He makes all the other bad characters seem like pansies.)

All of our people (including the kids) are killed in a battle reminiscent of the movie 300. There are two people from the good guy side left standing. One is Negan. You pick the other. (Daryl, Carol. Michonne. Maggie. Lilith . . . whomever.)(For convenience, let's chose Michonne) They are worn and bloodied.

The evil person steps forward. There is one last vicious battle. Let's say Negan and Michonne survive. Together, they have killed, and are standing over the body of the BIG BADDY!!!!

The very last thing said in the very last episode of the series is Negan, whispering to Michonne, "Looks like I won." Then he stabs MIchonne in the back.

Edited by SamBeckett
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I'm more inclined to think that our show crew thought no further than how cool it would it look to put out a hot spot with spraying walker blood even if didn't make any logical sort of sense for how we know walkers can be killed.

That was my take on it as well, although I wasn't sure what was happening. But the show seems way more invested in its visuals than its writing. When you watch Talking Dead they go on and on and on about how a certain shot or special effect was achieved and it's clear that's their priority.

Also, what's up with the title cards for every segment of the episode? Is that going to be a regular thing now? It smacks of self-importance.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I'm deeply sorry, but that fake-ass, semi-opaque, stuffed toy donkey/deer cross thing? If they want to use CGI, someone needs to start throwing a few more quarters in the Tip jar.

darylDC-211_634x392sm copy.jpg

I have to be honest. I only spent time deleting them on my DVR.

Lol! That deer looks realer than that CGI thing that looked like they grabbed someone from a furry convention.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Carol has ALWAYS been stuck up.  Behaviour that would have Michonne called everything but a child of God is SOP with Ms. Carol.  She's either 'poor me my daughter died' or looking down her nose at people while she uses them.  Or kills them.

Carol LOVED being Queen Carol.  When Zeke stopped being King, she stopped being Queen.  And Zeke was history.

I don't think it's any coincidence that she's ready to take off with Daryl now that he's showing interest in Connie.  It's too bad Connie is hearing-impaired because she won't be able to hear Carol sneaking up behind her.

The scene with Carol and Whisperer Lady was perfect.  Two twisted women staring each other down and DOING nothing.

This is so spot on about Carol.  I have never liked her, and then I despised her when she became Queen Carol.  My ass.  I would love to see a Death Match between her and Whisperer Lady, and neither one comes out alive.  Both these bitches need to die.

Ezekiel is no better with his King shit, and while I love Jerry, I'm so disappointed that he goes along with this bullshit.   Also, in last season's finale, Ezekiel was so taken with the white blonde haired lady in the sun hat, that the dumbass couldn't see that something was suspicious about her.  I haven't been able to stand him since then.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

What I don't understand is why the "good guys" have no problems killing animals so easily.  They have no clue how many are still alive, anywhere. 

When you find a magic deer that can feed 200 people like the multiplying loaves and fishes, you better get that sucker home!

14 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I like it when they don't look too real.

I get that. I watched Life of Pi, and although dazzled at the artistry of the creations, found myself nearly in tears over CGI animals, so real did they look. I kept reminding myself they weren't and was happy that wild animals aren't being warehoused and dragged out and forced to perform any longer. BUT those deer on this show? It looked like a kid drew it with crayons. I mean, you don't need to be a biologist to know that deer can't bend that way. Watch a YT video, FFS, Kang. Get with the program.

9 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Also, what's up with the title cards for every segment of the episode? Is that going to be a regular thing now? It smacks of self-importance.

Oh, god - doesn't it just? We're back to the "We are artistes. See?"

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I am tired of watching animals get killed on this show.  I wouldn't be too thrilled if they shot one that they found in a toy store with a tag on it that said "Made in China".

Me too!  I have no problem watching zombies and too-stupid-to-live humans get taken  down, but not Shiva and horseys!!!  I guess Bambi scarred me for life at age five.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

If they consider that grayish looking dead person's butt nudity, something is seriously wrong.

Nothing that hasn't always been seriously wrong. Yes a dead, gray, partially covered bottom is too shocking or too sexed-up for viewers who are only used to unspeakable, graphic violence, cruelty and gore. That's why all the walkers wear intact clothes after 10 years even though they should have long since rotted off - pants intact if it's male, full clothing intact if it's female. How very curious is this kind of twisted prudishness.

34 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I don't like human on animal violence/death, and I don't like animal on animal violence/death either.

Same. All the human deaths on this show didn't bother me at all, well except for the throat-cutting at Terminus when I had to look away because that really squicks and disturbs me, a lot more than seeing a bare zombie butt. I bet TPTB giggled and tittered when they decided to be so daring as to put this *nudity* in.

• Love 2