Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Like Father Like Son

spinxella
  • Start Topic

As the St. Patrick family is reunited, Ghost and Tasha butt heads on how to properly raise Tariq. Tommy teaches Tariq a lesson. Tate gets caught with his pants down, jeopardizing his political campaign. LaKeisha creates some new enemies within Tommy’s drug organization. The pressure is on when Jason tasks Ghost and Tommy to work together.

I like this plot development rather than Tariq just floundering aimlessly getting into trouble, but I'm still mystified on the motivation for this. How did he go from resenting his father for being a gangster (that's what he literally said) to having this be his  true calling that he's mad no one till now recognizes? 

I like La La's scenes. It's nice seeing her improve as an actress.

And her character deserves this fine treatment but can't help but feel bad for Holly. Holly was loyal, too, and I believed their passion  and coupling more.

Edited by anonymiss

As usual, they find a way to ramp up the Ghost/Tommy hatred and then they have a brief truce or one can't find their aim or Jason orders one not to kill the other.

Tommy and Ghost couldn't get sense into Tariq but Tasha got to him. I think Tasha is doing this more for herself (she loves the game). Plus this way she has one up on Ghost by having Tariq's loyalty. Tasha thinks she can "make" another Ghost (I hope this doesn't end well).

Why would Ghost leave Tariq a gun? He can always find bulllets.

The people at Callister can't make a phone call to Chote and ask why Tariq left? 

Tommy should have had an inventory count a long time ago. It's been a while since Tariq robbed him. It would have been nice if Tariq slipped out of Tommy's grip and fallen to his is death.

Good job Derek! You finally figured it out after how many times those two were missing from the office?

Tate couldn't find a hotel and had to do it in Derek's apartment. I thought Tate was going to kill him. 

Derek can find a lot of dirt on Ghost and others but the police continues to struggle?

Cassandra is right about Tate's 65% and he had Dre's face in the papers in no time.

Finally! Saxe is put on leave (but not fired?)! "Your incompetence is legendary!" Do they know he took out an ankle braclet from inventory? Now Dre is walking around thinking he is being monitored. How Blanca and Warner pieced together the Saxe/Lindsay/Proctor story from that little recording was amazing.

How convenient for Blanca to bring Elise her book bag and Elise asking for her unicorn (at that moment, there weren't 100 other things running through her head). 

Ghost got balls to attempt to pay off Keisha and he acts like there's no harm doing this when Tommy confronted him.

Ramona's comeback to Tate was funny. Now she has ammo for harrassment charges (if she needs it). She was just about to open up to Ghost then Tommy had to walk in.

Did Tommy get his shot up car fixed? Keisha is delusional if think those two can have a normal life. But first, move this dead body then they can work on this normal life. I can see Tommy killing her. 

Too bad fo BG. He was good comic relief. Dre still finds a way to escape being killed. The man should write book about his luck.

Spanky trying to be the voice of reason to Tommy. He and 2-Bit just should have left and never try to get back in Tommy's good graces. I was surprised Tommy just let him go.

2- Bit is still wearing Ghost's watch, that will come back on him.

Why did they keep Dre in the warehouse if they knew he was wearing a braclet.

Saxe: "Sir! It's not that I'm so bad, is that.. respectfully, when it comes to eliminating witnesses ..... they are that good!"

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 3

This is a terrible final season. Everyone is stuck on stupid. Tommy and Ghost's brotherhood was one of the best things about the show, and leaving them at odds and propping up Tariq of all people (for the spinoff I guess?) is just a mess. Why hasn't that boy gotten his ass beat and then sent off to military school or something? They're really letting a 16 year old getting the jump on them. So dumb. 

The best thing about Power Sundays for me is the intro. lol

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

This is a terrible final season. Everyone is stuck on stupid. Tommy and Ghost's brotherhood was one of the best things about the show, and leaving them at odds and propping up Tariq of all people (for the spinoff I guess?) is just a mess. Why hasn't that boy gotten his ass beat and then sent off to military school or something? They're really letting a 16 year old getting the jump on them. So dumb. 

The best thing about Power Sundays for me is the intro. lol

That's exactly what I was wondering about the spinoff. I already knew I was 100% percent out if it was about Dre or Tariq.  I've had enough of them on this show. The thought of them being lead, thanks but no thanks! 

I know people in my family that keep their children so revered that they can't ever do what needs to be done even when it's to the child's detriment. Gonna love them to death.

Ghost was silly to try to tough love him with an option that was improbable. If Ghost was going to kill him, he would have killed him for Raina. Scare him with a REAL consequence option. Kids know B.S.  He isn't just meeting you, Ghost. You can't intimidate your child with empty threats. You either have to follow through or not threaten to begin with.  He never thought he would really shoot him; he told him what he had to to get him out of his face for the moment, went right back to scheming. 

I see why Tariq always thinks he's the smartest one in the room. Someone is always saving him from himself. But sooner or later, he's going to have to pay what he owes. That's something everyone needs to understand.  Don't have someone thinking the sea is always going to part for them regardless of their bad choices!

Edited by andreamf15
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

And Lakeisha's the only one with sense this episode. The only one not buying Tariq's bull. 

I agree- but she needs to take her own advice!! This is the life- you cannot be half in or out. Tommy gave her the option of leaving with Cash two seasons ago, now she’s saying she wants out of the life?

Youd think seeing his own sister be murdered in front of his eyes would set the kids straight, but no. He’s lied to his mom, stolen from Tommy- why is he hero worshipping KAANAN of all people?!!!

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Youd think seeing his own sister be murdered in front of his eyes would set the kids straight, but no. He’s lied to his mom, stolen from Tommy- why is he hero worshipping KAANAN of all people?!!!

I never got all the Kaanan intrigue either. I just always assumed Tariq dealt with him simply cause everyone told him not to. That's why he seems to do everything else. But, what killed me is why the show always makes Tariq the most protected entity in the world. Even Kannan supposedly couldn't bring himself to kill the almighty Tariq. Yeah, okay, writers. 

I get that he is seen as family or is family to most of the main characters, but when you see most kids of kingpins or whatever on tv, they are in fear of their fathers until they're are pretty much grown. And, still most of them know they ain't too grown for an ass whooping by their fathers. Ghost should have already taught Tariq the hierarchy. That's just bad for business. You can't control your child but you're supposed to be able to run these streets?! 

Edited by andreamf15
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, andreamf15 said:

I never got all the Kaanan intrigue either. I just always assumed Tarique dealt with him simply cause everyone told him not to. That's why he seems to do everything else. But, what killed me is why the show always makes Tariq the most protected entity in the world. Even Kannan supposedly couldn't bring himself to kill the almighty Tarique. Yeah, okay, writers. 

I get that he is seen as family or is family to most of the main characters, but when you see most kids of kingpins or whatever on tv, they are in fear of their fathers until they're are pretty much grown. And, still most of them know they ain't too grown for an ass whooping by their fathers. Ghost should have already taught Tariq the hierarchy. That's just bad for business. You can't control your child but you're supposed to be able to run these streets?! 

Ghost did look pretty scary when he told him that the second he became disloyal he was dead to him- but Tariq knows he wouldn’t hurt him. These kingpin fathers will protect their kids/family as long as the hierarchy is respected. You step out of line or turn against the family you are DEAD. Then he called him Ghost? The first time he did that in season 3 he should’ve whooped his ass.

Tommy should've beat him up to scare him straight. They’ve let this crap go on too long with this kid. Why does he want to be a drug dealer so badly??

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

Ghost did look pretty scary when he told him that the second he became disloyal he was dead to him- but Tariq knows he wouldn’t hurt him. These kingpin fathers will protect their kids/family as long as the hierarchy is respected. You step out of line or turn against the family you are DEAD. Then he called him Ghost? The first time he did that in season 3 he should’ve whooped his ass.

Tommy should've beat him up to scare him straight. They’ve let this crap go on too long with this kid. Why does he want to be a drug dealer so badly??

Exactly. Ghost explicitly told him don't go checking for Tommy anymore period. So what's the first thing he does but run off to see Tommy. Then, when that created a problem for Tariq because Keisha figured out he took the drugs, Ghost falls right in line trying to protect him from Tommy finding out from Keisha. He didn't say a word to that boy about not listening, AGAIN. He should have jumped on him then even if he was going to still try to protect him later. He is weak as water when it comes to him. Tariq isn't scared of him and he shouldn't be and that's on Ghost. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, andreamf15 said:

Exactly. Ghost explicitly told him don't go checking for Tommy anymore period. So what's the first thing he does but run off to see Tommy. Then, when that created a problem for Tariq because Keisha figured out he took the drugs, Ghost falls right in line trying to protect him from Tommy finding out from Keisha. He didn't say a word to that boy about not listening, AGAIN. He should have jumped on him then even if he was going to still try to protect him later. He is weak as water when it comes to him. Tariq isn't scared of him and he shouldn't be and that's on Ghost. 

I think although Ghost has been a selfish piece of shit (and dumb lately) he’s acting this way because of his guilt. He KNOWS he did the entire family wrong with the Angela mess, and his fantasy to run off with his high school sweetheart effected his kids in the worst way. Yaz was too young to really know what was going on, sweet Raina the lovely girl that she was wanted to make her parents proud, dumb as Tariq acted out and instead of focusing on how his choices effected his kids, Ghost kept his head in the sand, kept having sexy times with Angela, and left Tasha to deal with Tariq (while she was trying to keep his ass out of jail with the Greg murder accusation!!) 

Had Ghost been PARENTING this likely wouldn’t have gotten so bad. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think although Ghost has been a selfish piece of shit (and dumb lately) he’s acting this way because of his guilt. He KNOWS he did the entire family wrong with the Angela mess, and his fantasy to run off with his high school sweetheart effected his kids in the worst way. Yaz was too young to really know what was going on, sweet Raina the lovely girl that she was wanted to make her parents proud, dumb as Tariq acted out and instead of focusing on how his choices effected his kids, Ghost kept his head in the sand, kept having sexy times with Angela, and left Tasha to deal with Tariq (while she was trying to keep his ass out of jail with the Greg murder accusation!!) 

Had Ghost been PARENTING this likely wouldn’t have gotten so bad. 

True. Guilt will make people yield on making the right decisions going forward. My parents are a living testimony on that in regards to my sibling...

anyway, in random news... I always find it funny that we see Dre's daughter that was supposed to be in the protection of CPS or more than the youngest St.Patrick child. I know she doesn't have a storyline but she should still be in there showing that Tasha is still struggling to take care of both children without the help of Ghost. She is just gone with the wind. Obviously, "my sister" needs more help with the kids if she thinks her best parenting route is to make Tariq the new ghost.

And to say that she's going to make him so good that he doesn't get himself killed shows how off base she is. Honey, dying is part of that life and she knows that. Yes, his chances will be better if he's good at it. But, there they go making him feel invincible as usual. Most people in that life aren't worried about dying but not because they're are so foolish to think that they are too good at it to get got. They just take that as a part of the game. That's foolishness. He already has a big head complex. 

Regardless of it all, I enjoyed this episode much more than others as of late! 

Edited by andreamf15
  • Love 2

Poor Keisha is not about that gangster life, hah, hah. She likes spending that gangster money though.

How is James so delusional about Tariq? Tariq might as well be on another planet.

TMW you find your wife reverse cowgirling your boss in your own apartment.

Dre's daughter is adorable. Too bad she's probably messed up for life. Meanwhile, Dre has more lives than 10 cats. Maybe 11. 😾

Lol, legendary Saxe is a dead man walking. Finally.

You get an NDA! You get an NDA! You get an NDA!

Good grief, James and Tommy been needing to take out Jason. Why did it take so long for them to figure it out?

Okay, Tommy did good with the house in the suburbs but that's probably where he, James, Keisha, or Tasha end up getting killed. That little brat Tariq will probably blow up the house with all of them in it.

Wait, what? Tasha, no!

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, announcergirl said:

Even Webays in The Wire wanted the mom to let the kid be better. Damn Tasha. 

"Who the fuck would want to be [a soldier] if they could be anything else, De'Londa?" What drives me so crazy is that Tariq doesn't have to do this. His parents are rich, he has access to an education, connections. He's doing this because, what, he thinks it's fun? Tasha says she can't lose another child, but how many people have been lost to the streets?

17 hours ago, andreamf15 said:

And to say that she's going to make him so good that he doesn't get himself killed shows how off base she is. Honey, dying is part of that life and she knows that. Yes, his chances will be better if he's good at it. But, there they go making him feel invincible as usual. Most people in that life aren't worried about dying but not because they're are so foolish to think that they are too good at it to get got. They just take that as a part of the game. That's foolishness. He already has a big head complex. 

Exactly!

I'm mad that the Weight Watchers soldier is dead. He was funny.

10 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

TMW you find your wife reverse cowgirling your boss in your own apartment.

AWKWARD.

Rodolfo was played by Amaury Nolasco, who will always be Sucre from Prison Break to me.

• Love 4

I'm so sick of Tariq.  Had to laugh at Dre saying he couldnt partner with Tariqu because he got caught too much.  Kinda tired of Dre too.  Is he never gonna die?  He's got 9 lives.  Gonna miss 2bit and his fellas.  They were great comic relief.  Oh Keisha girl...I had to laugh at how Tommy agreed to the suburb life but told her (with a straight face)  "grab a leg, we gotta get rid of this body."  Honestly I thought Tommy was gonna put a bullet in her head inside that nice new house he "bought" for her since he could clearly see she is not  ready for the life.    

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Empress1 said:

"Who the fuck would want to be [a soldier] if they could be anything else, De'Londa?" What drives me so crazy is that Tariq doesn't have to do this. His parents are rich, he has access to an education, connections. He's doing this because, what, he thinks it's fun? Tasha says she can't lose another child, but how many people have been lost to the streets?

Tariq getting into the game makes no sense. All of this because Ghost had an affair? He literally sees his sister get blown away, and that doesn't scare him straight? The guilt alone should kill him. Raina should haunt him forever.

Ghost telling Tariq last week that "he (Ghost) sold drugs because he had to" sounded like bullshit to me as well. Seasons ago, Angela mentioned that Ghost got into Choate as well, but he didn't want to leave Tommy behind. I could understand if dealing was all Ghost knew because his father was in it, but since we don't know anything about his upbringing, it sounds to me like Ghost had an opportunity to be legitimate when he was a teenager, but he didn't take his chance and now it's too late. 

I'm going to have to accept that the only way Tariq got into another private school is Tate buried what happened at Choate. We all know Tariq didn't 'leave,' he got kicked out for dealing.

LaLa was believable in this episode. This was her strongest episode to date. However, it's as if Keisha has never met Tommy. He has zero intention of leaving the game. He likes dealing and doing criminal shit. I don't know what the hell she's talking about with this house in the burbs shit. You really see Tommy mowing the lawn on Saturday? Going to neighborhood watch meetings? Tommy IS the danger, Keisha! 

Well, Keisha was mighty handy with the steel the first time she used a gun. She must have soundproof walls, because I don't understand how you put 3 rounds in someone with no silencer, but the place wasn't swarming with cops.

RIP, Big Grim. 

• Love 6

I don’t buy Tasha teaching Tariq the drug dealing business because she’s afraid of losing him. I supposed we are supposed to be shocked by this and see how desperate Tasha is after Raina’s death. I just can’t believe it because Tasha knows how dangerous the drug business is. The odds of Tariq being killed by a rival dealer are pretty good. Tasha threatening to send Tariq’s privileged black ass to military school would be more consistent with her character.

When will Ghost realize Tommy is his one true love, not Angela? I miss the dysfunctional bromance.

• Love 4

@Sheenieb yes, Ghost did have a chance to go to Choate with Angela, but I think he was too insecure to be the poor scholarship kid on campus- he would’ve rather stayed in the life as top dog and have Tommy worship him. Also he wouldn’t have been able to keep Tommy in his life the same was if he went “legit”(Tommy could’ve still been in his life, like Proctor’s cousin Benny was clearly a criminal but they were close, but not in the same way, and we know Tommy and Ghost is the real love story here). 

• Love 3

I'd be so here for a spinoff where Proctor's daughter becomes Benny's protege and moves up in the ranks of his organization becoming an assassin and/or the top boss, and she returns to take out Tariq after learning he was involved in her dad's death.  Make it happen 50!

• Love 8

Damn but Joseph Sikora has serious blaccent....I was cracking up at him saying 'Let me holla at you right quick'.  He sexy AF though.

Speaking of which, Larenz Tate?  CLAUDE have mercy, slappin' that ass and shit.  

Oh, was I supposed to be watching the episode?

*Seeing myself out*

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Damn but Joseph Sikora has serious blaccent....I was cracking up at him saying 'Let me holla at you right quick'.  He sexy AF though.

I had this exchange over the weekend:

My friend's mom: I like Joe Biden.  He reminds me of Tommy. 

Me: Tommy who???

My Friend:<exasperated sigh> Tommy from Power.

Me: What the fuck! That's not a good thing. LMAO!

• LOL 3
12 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I had this exchange over the weekend:

My friend's mom: I like Joe Biden.  He reminds me of Tommy. 

Me: Tommy who???

My Friend:<exasperated sigh> Tommy from Power.

Me: What the fuck! That's not a good thing. LMAO!

It's not?  I wasn't complaining about Sikora's blaccent, I find it hot.

6 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

It's not?  I wasn't complaining about Sikora's blaccent, I find it hot.

Oh, I didn't think you were complaining about it.  It just sparked the memory of that random conversation because I think my friend's mom also thinks Tommy and his blaccent are hot, and the hilariousness of her equating Tommy's and Biden's association to black folks as a reason why Biden should be president.  

I, too, find Sikora to be very sexy in this role, and not so much in his other roles.  He will forever be crazy-ass Tommy in my eyes! 

• Love 2
On 10/7/2019 at 11:00 PM, Athena5217 said:

The odds of Tariq being killed by a rival dealer are pretty good.  

The odds of Tariq being killed by open cellar doors in a NYC street are pretty good.  Are we really supposed to believe that someone this dumb is an aspiring kingpin?  The only people who can't see through his nonsense or trick him easily are his parents and Tommy.  Oh and the cops.

When Ghost held the gun to Tariq's head and Tommy held him over the side of the building, it moved.  If this jackass survives this season and is in any way a part of a spin-off, I want Power removed from my brain "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"-style.

• Love 5