Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: In The Valley of The Shadows

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

On 10/20/2019 at 4:05 PM, SnarkySheep said:

Not to mention, if Dr. Marcel is such an ED superstar, why did we never hear of him before?

He's a fourth year surgical resident. I'm assuming that this is his first ER rotation because he met Cece when he was doing his oncology rotation.

That would make him lower on the totem pole than Connor who was working on a fellowship, not his residency.

• Love 2

April was a complete bitch. I hate her more than Natalie who was also horrible again. 

I hope Phil the creepo kidnaps them both and takes them to his fake ranch never to return. 

Where was my boyfriend, Dr. Latham?

• Love 3
On 10/10/2019 at 1:39 PM, izabella said:

They are saddling Maggie with one of my least favorite tropes in medical/police/fire shows - the one where a person has a terrible injury or illness and absolutely refuses to take time off work to take care of themselves.  No, we have to see them throwing up secretly and falling over and cringing in pain while dragging themselves around because 1) they are so fucking "dedicated" to their jobs, 2) refuse to admit they are human, and 3) no one else could possibly do as good a job as they.  Hate.

As annoying as this storyline is, there's a strong degree of truth to it. Nurses are THE WORST patients. I've had to take care of my mom after surgery and during a serious illness. She did take sick leave, but her refusal to stay in bed bordered on pathological. She'd get up and try to do things, then she'd have to practically crawl back to bed when she got tired or had pain. I jokingly threatened to sit on her or tie her to the bed.

While her attitude is pretty realistic for medical professionals, I do agree that Maggie is being unprofessional, and I would think that as a nurse, she'd feel some responsibility to not to work when she can't be 100 percent there for her patients.

I'm kind of surprised that no one notices her not feeling well, but Maggie is one of those people who have it so together that friends don't know when they're in trouble, and they don't like to ask for help.

I thought the portrayal of the late-millennial/Gen Z trainee was surprisingly accurate, both her (over)confidence and her refusal to take shit from Maggie. I wish she'd stuck around, as she had a good attitude and was eager to do a good job, but I am glad she stood up for herself.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 1