Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Unhinged

• Start Topic

On 10/10/2019 at 10:27 PM, AriAu said:

So after listening to Toby talking about wanting to get healthy so he wouldn't drop dead and seeing Kate's reaction, I decided to go back and watch the flash forward from last season. It seems like the implication was that Kate and Toby split up at some point and that's why he got the "glad you decided to come" from Randall and Toby's look etc... 

But what if instead Kate died and he became sorta estranged either because of something Rebecca said or his feelings of guilt or.... who knows. 

And, while that snippet has been dissected like the Zapruder tape, but  Toby says he talked to Jack and that they were on the way and everyone assumes that "they" means Jack and Kate, but we now know that Jack is married so "they" could mean Jack and Lucy, his wife.

Anyways, that interaction made me think about it again

I think the impression that I always had about that scene with Randall calling Toby and him being in bed really sad was that Kate had died. I never thought they broke up. 

On 10/8/2019 at 10:11 PM, ams1001 said:

I never watched Psych but just looked him up and he was King Richard in Galavant!

I also was reminded last night that he plays a character (Stan Mueller) on American Housewife. He was back on last night's episode (that character is now also recovering from a stroke). 

On 10/9/2019 at 7:45 AM, JudyObscure said:

, unlike most American people, she and her child have completely free medical coverage and housing, plus other allowances.

It's not free, it's part of the compensation package.

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:05 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

Rebecca and Jack also strike me as the kind of parent who allocate the same amount of money for each kid for their afterschool activities.   Kevin has football and football camp,  Kate has whatever it is that Kate does*, and Randall has his thing.  If there is money leftover for Randall,  I could see him asking for the special shoes. 

*It kills me that Kevin is the athlete,  Randall is the nerd, and Kate is whatever she is supposed to be.  I know that not all kids fit easily into a specific category,  but the writers really have dropped the ball on Kate compared to her brothers. 

I don't know; I think it is realistic. It happens that in some families some of the kids clearly have a thing and some don't--and for the "don't" kid, that can make life harder. I was one of 4. 3 clearly had their thing. One did not; turned out fine eventually but the adult "thing" that is his thing was not identifiable until around age 26. I think it made it harder. It would be less realistic to me if that had Kate be off the charts something.

• Love 2