Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E10: Big O’s And Broken Toes

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Ben Mandelker and Ronnie Karam sometimes do their Watch What Crappens Podcast in front of a live audience.

A few weeks ago - they did this with the Miravel Spa - Shannon getting bonked episode

They also each carried plastic hammers

Bwahahahaha

I love these guys so much.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, endure said:

The medical definition of obese is surprisingly low.  

It really isn’t. We’ve just accepted the obesity epidemic. And Emily is overweight, not yet obese. Yes, 191 is a lot of weight. She does have a great figure and carries extra weight very well, but joints don’t care how good you look. The skeleton like a truck has a maximum payload. Once you exceed it for a good duration, it starts to breakdown. 

People in the US really are lying to themselves about their weight and health. I hope we get to see a transformation with Emily. Her not going to physical therapy to manage her condition and being avoidant of her weight gain is an example of her pigheadedness (no pun originally intended). I can see where she’s not the ideal partner, but these two are wrong for each other. Dump Shane, get counseling that forces her to face facts, get healthy and see me again in another year. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, endure said:

Why would she even do that, it’s not like she’s having sex and it only lasts for six months it just seems like she’s putting a lot of pressure on herself to just get it on......so ridiculous 🙄

The woman said it helped improve her orgasms, she doesn’t need a sexual partner to have one. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
20 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Having instruments up there during a Pap smear is enough.  Shannon has done a 180 hanging out with this bunch.  See how sexual she has become?  That’s all they talk about.  SEX.

I think they are frontin’ for the cameras...ALL FLIRT...NO SQUIRT!!!

bwahahaha! 😂

sorry...couldn’t resist!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 10/9/2019 at 2:02 PM, Natalie68 said:

I believe it.  She is a taller woman and carries it pretty evenly.  I think she is curvy but it fits her stature.  She does not seem small boned.

Emily carries her weight well. She's tall and curvy.  I bet just losing 20lbs will make a huge difference. I hope that if Emily does lose weight she doesn't lose too much. Emily should not be a stick thin.

Does Gina really think Emily would purposely set her up to hurt her? Yeah, I don't think so either. Gina for what ever reason want to push Emily away.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
On 10/8/2019 at 8:30 PM, Mindthinkr said:

The vaginal injection...that had to hurt. Shannon’s mouth did make the big O as it was concluding. 

Why is it that everyone does EVERYTHING to their vaginas at menopause EXCEPT give it the estrogen that it and the entire body need???!  The reason everything dries up is lack of estrogen ladies. It sad that estrogen became such a boogieman in 2002! It's a disservice to all menopausal women.  A little testosterone will give that libido back, too, because that also drops some at menopause.  These are natural to the body just like insulin and thyroid meds.  There are a small percentage that can't have estrogen but it is a very small percentage so start asking your doctors to stop with treating all those symptoms with drugs and mutilation to the vagina and give you some ESTROGEN and maybe some testosterone for the low libido and low energy! 

Sorry to be on a soapbox but to have needlessly lost my precious ovaries because..."You don't need those or your uterus after your fertile years." Sigh.  I'll go to the grave with my hormones. 😉

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Agreed. And what’s with Miami being the “big trip”...again. NYC was just there, but that’s bc of Luann’s probation restrictions. Why Miami again?

Why waste a fabulous foreign locale on these ladies when all they are going to do is fight and drink?  They won't appreciate the food and they are squealing rubes.  Does Gina have travel restrictions?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Why waste a fabulous foreign locale on these ladies when all they are going to do is fight and drink? 

So true.  I've grown tired of their little trips, especially the ones that involve a retreat.  Leave it to them to turn an outing that should be a peaceful soul-searching kind of weekend into an utter - or in Braunwyn's case, an udder shit show.  Their behavior is really ridiculous. 

Edited by ChitChat
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Emily carries her weight well. She's tall and curvy.  I bet just losing 20lbs will make a huge difference. I hope that if Emily does lose weight she doesn't lose too much. Emily should not be a stick thin.

Does Gina really think Emily would purposely set her up to hurt her? Yeah, I don't think so either. Gina for what ever reason want to push Emily away.

To repeat an astute poster...

fuck you Gina

Your worst ENEMY on the show...pick one...nobody liked you...(before you kissed ass...you newbie bitch! They didn’t give an EFF)..!

they wouldn’t waste the time setting you up “just to hurt you”...and you would accuse Emily? Really?

really? Fuck you Gina!...hah! 
thank you to poster who repeated that sentiment in every post! Carry on...oh! And I finally listen to watch what Crappens! Fularious!!!😆
LMAO

Edited by Shellbell59
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Ben Mandelker and Ronnie Karam sometimes do their Watch What Crappens Podcast in front of a live audience.

A few weeks ago - they did this with the Miravel Spa - Shannon getting bonked episode

They also each carried plastic hammers

Bwahahahaha

🤣 I adore them! I got tickets to go see them in Philly in December—so excited! 

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

🤣 I adore them! I got tickets to go see them in Philly in December—so excited! 

Omg...just what the doctor failed to order...too many health issues going on for awhile...BUT THANK GAWD FOR THIS FORUM!!!

WATCH WHAT CRAPPENS!

I hung in there...and persevered!.. lo tech as I am! 🥴

but I AM SO HAPPY TO SAY!!! I just finally found them and was able to connect...

just what I needed! FUNNY (or die! 😆)...

thanks for the inspiration y’all!!!

i have ages of episodes to catch up on...hah 😆seeyalater!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

joints don’t care how good you look. The skeleton like a truck has a maximum payload. Once you exceed it for a good duration, it starts to breakdown. 

This really is true. It reminds me of when people used to say they were going to give Brianna a pass on her weight because she had Vicki as a mom. Like...the cardiac system has a "Vicki" override?

Just because a healthy body weight doesn't directly correspond to a healthy body doesn't give us an excuse not to do right by our bodies. We could die in a freak gasoline accident tomorrow, but why not stack the odds in our favor?

Now that I said all that, I still don't care if Emily is 91 or 291. I hope she finds a way to be happy and healthy, whatever that looks like. It's like how they catch LVP and Luann smoking on some of the Housewife shows...I just don't care about their personal choices, because I don't care about their well-being more than I would, say, a stranger. I just generally wish them well, no more.

I don't think Emily is a particularly attractive woman, regardless of her weight, but...

B6DA725E-55CE-43B3-927E-1079BE19412F-4245-000002EC5D8B7A39.jpg.52537111b408319fc96871fa4105e1cf.jpg

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Im sorry to point this out but being thin does not equate to being Healthy! people are confusing healthy with a lot of shit they shouldn’t be. People have different body types and different healthy weights. No two people are gonna be the exact same. But don’t confuse  Thin/slim with healthy. This is why people have eating disorders. It’s better to consult a professional with what your ideal body weight should be One size does not fit all when it comes to this.  Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk lol 

Having been through Graves disease I can attest that being underweight is not always healthy.  In fact through all my crap in getting it straightened out I was told that it was healthier to be 10-15 pounds overweight then 10-15 pounds underweight

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, blondiek237 said:

Having been through Graves disease I can attest that being underweight is not always healthy.  In fact through all my crap in getting it straightened out I was told that it was healthier to be 10-15 pounds overweight then 10-15 pounds underweight

This is truth. The slightly "overweight" live longer, survive cancer in higher numbers, survive heart attacks more often and enjoy better outcomes in most cases.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Im sorry to point this out but being thin does not equate to being Healthy! people are confusing healthy with a lot of shit they shouldn’t be. People have different body types and different healthy weights. No two people are gonna be the exact same. But don’t confuse  Thin/slim with healthy. This is why people have eating disorders. It’s better to consult a professional with what your ideal body weight should be One size does not fit all when it comes to this.  Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk lol 

I agree, and Weight Watchers is the way to go, but I don’t think Pig heads are allowed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I "watched" this last night in about 15 minutes, because I fast forwarded through most of it. Archie was, by far, the best part of the show. The baby machine and her gay husband sent off creepy vibes to me from their first appearance. Nice to know my instincts were 200%. I hate Gina. Hate her. BRAVO has completely lost sight of why people watch these shows. It is certainly not for threesomes, wierd medical quakery,  pathetic women like Emily clinging to a miserable marriage, which we have seen too many times already, or screeching, crazy bitches like Gina and Kelly.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 10
On 10/8/2019 at 9:21 PM, JD5166 said:

Yea I am not loving this woman and her 8000 kids, she will destroy her children just like her own horrible mother. All.About.Brownwind. 

I also think he’s more interested in Eddie. 

10000 times yes.

• LOL 5
17 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I totally agree on Emily. i think she has a great body.  I wish she would stop injecting 20 pounds of filler in her face.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, chlban said:

I "watched" this last night in about 15 minutes, because I fast forwarded through most of it. Archie was, by far, the best part of the show. The baby machine and her gay husband sent off creepy vibes to me from their first appearance. Nice to know my instincts were 200%. I hate Gina. Hate her. BRAVO has completely lost sight of why people watch these shows. It is certainly not for threesomes, wierd medical quakery,  pathetic women like Emily clinging to a miserable marriage, which we have seen too many times already, or screeching, crazy bitches like Gina and Kelly.

I think that’s Andy for yer.  I can barely watch WWHL, as he is getting filthier and filthier.  He seems to get the best guests tho, and that’s a mystery.These stars don’t even need the publicity.  I like Jimmy Fallon, and don’t get his obsession with Andy.  He was beside himself to be on last night.  They seem like besties.

17 hours ago, ChitChat said:

So true.  I've grown tired of their little trips, especially the ones that involve a retreat.  Leave it to them to turn an outing that should be a peaceful soul-searching kind of weekend into an utter - or in Braunwyn's case, an udder shit show.  Their behavior is really ridiculous. 

I think if they had these women board a plane, have it circle around for a few hours, land somewhere with a palm tree and tell them they are in some foreign locale, they wouldn't know the difference.  

Found out last night while talking about HWs with Roxy and Bingo Boy (who did the bingo ep where Lydia was Charlie Chaplin) that my new boss (who is coming to my events), a man around mid-late 50's, ex cop/college basketball coach is a HUGE HWs fan!  He watches them all and had a read on all of the cast from every franchise.  I think my new boss is going to work out!  I told him I was happy to have someone I can water cooler these eps!  No one in my real life watches.  WOOHOO!

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I don’t think Brownstone knows what protection is as she keeps on having kids.  She has so much help in the house giving her time to rest up for all night screwing.  If her and that creepy Dracula husband of hers ask Tamra to joinin the threesome, I am out.  That dimwit would probably think about it.  After all, Tamballs is sooo pretty.  Excuse me, I have to vomit.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 10/9/2019 at 7:38 PM, Sarah Heart said:

The whole Vickie sitting in the golf cart while Ste

This whole engagement thing is cracking me up.  No wonder Brianna moved across the country.  Another diamond ring.  She should get one for her nose too.  Will there be a wedding with a white gown and veil too?  I can’t stop laughing.  Stevie is another fame seeker.  Bet that fiasco will get her on as a regular again.  A wedding, maybe in Hawaii like Camille Grammar, who kept her name. Haha.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Why waste a fabulous foreign locale on these ladies when all they are going to do is fight and drink?  They won't appreciate the food and they are squealing rubes.  Does Gina have travel restrictions?

Damn!  Again with the house on the beach.  So boring.  Leave Gina home and go to Europe like BH did.  Bravo can’t afford it?

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Damn!  Again with the house on the beach.  So boring.  Leave Gina home and go to Europe like BH did.  Bravo can’t afford it?

Good idea!  Why should they all be denied a vacay because she doesn't have enough sense to Uber.

• Love 6
On 10/10/2019 at 12:18 AM, endure said:

Another pathetic moron of a mother.....do not these women ever think of their kids when they spew their garbage on television?  She just took it to a whole other level of selfish whoring indulgence.  

I think those cartwheels screwed up her brains, if she has any.  Instead of concentrating on threesomes, go read a book with your kids.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Good idea!  Why should they all be denied a vacay because she doesn't have enough sense to Uber.

Who’s in jail, who’s got a dui, .. it’s always something.  Leave the misfits home and just go to someplace gorgeous for a change, and anyone who starts trouble, pack their bag and call a cab to the airport.  Enough with these excuses already.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I don't think Emily is "obese" either. I think she looks "swollen/inflamed" probably has a lot to do with her thyroid issue. I do think there's substantial water retention. If she cuts down on the sodium, that water weight would melt away. She also needs to cut down on the alcohol. To me, in regards to Emily it's the "inches" not the weight. I do think she needs to "tone" up and if she does she'll gain weight in muscle.

Gina is gas lighting Emily because she is trying to retain her Orange and she's just like her mentor Tamra.

I would find it hilarious if Bravo decides since there hasn't been a great reduction in viewership to fire Vicki and demote Tamra to Friend Of. Gina should be fired too as they aren't going to want to pay her for sitters and Uber.

In KFB's fantasy Gina isn't asked back but Matt and his girlfriend/new fiance/new wife are -

tenor.gif

• LOL 10
  • Love 7

go to Europe like BH did.  

I wondered if they ever had been...then I remembered there were trips to Dublin and Iceland.

I would find it hilarious if Bravo decides since there hasn't been a great reduction in viewership to fire Vicki and demote Tamra to Friend Of. Gina should be fired too as they aren't going to want to pay her for sitters and Uber.

I'd keep Emily, Shannon, and Kelly, and get rid of the rest.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

This whole engagement thing is cracking me up.  No wonder Brianna moved across the country.  Another diamond ring.  She should get one for her nose too.  Will there be a wedding with a white gown and veil too?  I can’t stop laughing.  Stevie is another fame seeker.  Bet that fiasco will get her on as a regular again.  A wedding, maybe in Hawaii like Camille Grammar, who kept her name. Haha.

I say it over and over...THAT’S IT! I’m done with RHOC!

but I SWEAR.... on EVERYTHING HOLY...UNHOLY....whatever....I SWEAR....I will NOT watch Vicktim Gunvalson featured holding her rotten orange getting married on the show...

at the risk of sounding like Shannon the past few seasons...

I’m DONE....if that comes to pass...

(brushing my teeth cuz the thought made me sick in my mouth....just can’t...😣)

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

they all came to key west again... they got trashed and filmed in a drag bar 

Oh lovely.  And that’s fun to watch?  Better get the ear plugs out.  I’m sure the Three Amorons will be on top of the bar screaming and yelling as per usual.  I just can’t wait.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Shellbell59 said:

I say it over and over...THAT’S IT! I’m done with RHOC!

but I SWEAR.... on EVERYTHING HOLY...UNHOLY....whatever....I SWEAR....I will NOT watch Vicktim Gunvalson featured holding her rotten orange getting married on the show...

at the risk of sounding like Shannon the past few seasons...

I’m DONE....if that comes to pass...

(brushing my teeth cuz the thought made me sick in my mouth....just can’t...😣)

You’ll watch, just like the rest of us, lol. 🤣

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

You’ll watch, just like the rest of us, lol. 🤣

You’re right...but I’ll certainly try to do it surreptitiously..so I don’t contribute to the ratings! 🥴

Then I’ll come back here and bitch about it! Hahaha 😂 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I totally agree on Emily. i think she has a great body.  I wish she would stop injecting 20 pounds of filler in her face.

Some of it could be from the medications she's taking for her arthritis. If she's been having flair-ups she may have needed steroids which can cause puffiness and bloating...and if she's having flair-ups it's probably painful for her to exercise regularly -the vicious cycle she said she was in with her weight. I'm sure the stress from whatever was really going on with Shane didn't help either.

Edited by SweetieDarling
grammar
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, SweetieDarling said:

Some of it could be from the medications she's taking for her arthritis. If she's been having flair-ups she may have needed steroids which can cause puffiness and bloating...and if she's having flair-ups it's probably painful for her to exercise regularly -the vicious cycle she said she was in with her weight. I'm sure the stress from whatever was really going on with Shane didn't help either.

I’m REALLY concerned for Emily...

autoimmune diseases...beware.

I hope she’s not trying to ignore it to appease the Toe husband... I know what it’s like to try to “rise to the occasion” because of put downs...

If she’s NOT going to the doctor (she mentioned not going...and was mid sentence mentioning PT...before being interrupted) I’m concerned she’s not getting properly monitored if she IS taking medication...such as steroids or injections (methotrexate, Enbrel...etc...basically anti cancer drugs of different levels) which can severely compromise the immune system more.

Shane bitches about her not going to the doctor....

Thanks for the STRESS asshwipe! 

be more supportive and maybe offer to watch the kids while she does PT a few times a week? Hmmm? I don’t see him doing that....you have pleeenty of time since you flunked the Bar...again....

Stress is the worst for autoimmune diseases...

Shane=stress and bad ju ju

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

I wondered if they ever had been...then I remembered there were trips to Dublin and Iceland.

I'd keep Emily, Shannon, and Kelly, and get rid of the rest.

That's exactly what I hope they do.

Money wise, it would be advantageous for Bravo to save money that way. Bring in a bunch of newbies to fill in the 2 HW spots at a low start salary.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

The above can all be true, but if someone is overweight, they are taking in more calories than they're burning.  

I was listening very closely when Emily was explaining her 'vicious cycle," I what I got out of it was that she was acknowledging Tamra's point that it's even more important to have a healthy body weight with arthritis, but she's stuck in a viscious cycle of not wanting to work out and she feels bad, so she eats.  

I'm just saying that she could be thin if it was her priority.  She could swim for an hour a day, and if she ate right, she could be at any weight she wanted.

I'm not saying I do that.  If I had arthritis, I would probably just sit on the couch (more than I do already lol).

But I think, as I posted earlier, Emily is accepting responsibility for her weight, based off of everything that she's said, starting with episode one of this season.  By taking ownership of it, it's within her control and that's empowering.  I think that's how Shannon lost 40 lbs--by giving up the "Vicki Gunvalson put this weight on me" to "I eat too much."  

I would hate to blame outside forces, like meds, especially if Emily is not using that as an excuse.  I feel like that takes her power away and makes her hopeless.  Plenty of people have all sorts of mobility/medication/emotional issues, and they manage to be thin, or fit, or whatever label there is.  It may be significantly harder for them, but millions of people manage it every day, and I think that Emily is completely capable of tackling this to the extent she wants to.

I don't care how much she weighs, but those 65 lbs of fat or whatever she's carrying around, is from eating too many calories.  Outside factors may make it harder, but so what really?  I hold that standard for myself. If I don't pay full attention, my posture sucks.  I don't blame that on the fact that I had a mild form of scoliosis as a child--I couldn't, or I wouldn't think there was anything I could do about it, and I'd slump more.  If I find myself with anything but great posture, I blame it on the fact that I wasn't paying close enough attention.  I have a lot of reasons for my flaws, but the biggest factor standing between myself and the person I could be is the fact that I don't work hard enough, and it's within my power to change that any time I make my mind up.  I would feel enslaved to factors outside my control if I allowed myself to believe anything different.

Sorry to write a novel, and I'm just riffing off this quoted post, not speaking directly to everything you said @SweetieDarling, because, like I said, I don't disagree with the facts you're positing, just the importance to put on them.   I just find that, when there is a person on TV who is liked, people tend to say that there are special circumstances.  But yet it seems like no holds barred against Vicki and her weight because of cancer scamming.  To me, it's not a moral issue.  Emily probably weighs closer to 180 than 190, because it looked like she was weighed at night, with all of her clothes on--and I say, "yeah, she's gained a significant amount of weight; who cares?"  If she wants to lose it, she'll lose it.  If she wants to stay the same or gain, ok, cool.  

And since she chose to go on reality TV, her weight is fair game, like Kristie Alley, and I think she understands and accepts that, and I am finding myself liking Emily more for doing her weight thing, rather than burying her head in the sand, like Housewives on other franchises who pretend they're a size six and a size medium, ahem--D'andra Simmons and Nene, Leakes, respectively, ahem.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Now I’m wondering where I read Emily had Rheumatoid Arthritis?

(which btw...it’s unfortunate that arthritis is part of the name..because ppl ALWAYS say...”oh I have arthritis too”!...it’s NOT osteoarthritis)...this is a DISEASE...not unlike MS...type 1 diabetes...etc.

a patient can be underweight and suffer an inflammation...

extra weight never helps...in any case...but Rheumatoid arthritis is going to hit regardless...

Emily might be trying to ignore her condition as well as everything else in her life...

or maybe she just has what most all 40 plus ur old ppl have to some degree...osteoarthritis...??? In which case...it could be a vicious cycle...

Edited by Shellbell59
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

The above can all be true, but if someone is overweight, they are taking in more calories than they're burning.  

I was listening very closely when Emily was explaining her 'vicious cycle," I what I got out of it was that she was acknowledging Tamra's point that it's even more important to have a healthy body weight with arthritis, but she's stuck in a viscious cycle of not wanting to work out and she feels bad, so she eats.  

I'm just saying that she could be thin if it was her priority.  She could swim for an hour a day, and if she ate right, she could be at any weight she wanted.

I'm not saying I do that.  If I had arthritis, I would probably just sit on the couch (more than I do already lol).

But I think, as I posted earlier, Emily is accepting responsibility for her weight, based off of everything that she's said, starting with episode one of this season.  By taking ownership of it, it's within her control and that's empowering.  I think that's how Shannon lost 40 lbs--by giving up the "Vicki Gunvalson put this weight on me" to "I eat too much."  

I would hate to blame outside forces, like meds, especially if Emily is not using that as an excuse.  I feel like that takes her power away and makes her hopeless.  Plenty of people have all sorts of mobility/medication/emotional issues, and they manage to be thin, or fit, or whatever label there is.  It may be significantly harder for them, but millions of people manage it every day, and I think that Emily is completely capable of tackling this to the extent she wants to.

I don't care how much she weighs, but those 65 lbs of fat or whatever she's carrying around, is from eating too many calories.  Outside factors may make it harder, but so what really?  I hold that standard for myself. If I don't pay full attention, my posture sucks.  I don't blame that on the fact that I had a mild form of scoliosis as a child--I couldn't, or I wouldn't think there was anything I could do about it, and I'd slump more.  If I find myself with anything but great posture, I blame it on the fact that I wasn't paying close enough attention.  I have a lot of reasons for my flaws, but the biggest factor standing between myself and the person I could be is the fact that I don't work hard enough, and it's within my power to change that any time I make my mind up.  I would feel enslaved to factors outside my control if I allowed myself to believe anything different.

Sorry to write a novel, and I'm just riffing off this quoted post, not speaking directly to everything you said @SweetieDarling, because, like I said, I don't disagree with the facts you're positing, just the importance to put on them.   I just find that, when there is a person on TV who is liked, people tend to say that there are special circumstances.  But yet it seems like no holds barred against Vicki and her weight because of cancer scamming.  To me, it's not a moral issue.  Emily probably weighs closer to 180 than 190, because it looked like she was weighed at night, with all of her clothes on--and I say, "yeah, she's gained a significant amount of weight; who cares?"  If she wants to lose it, she'll lose it.  If she wants to stay the same or gain, ok, cool.  

And since she chose to go on reality TV, her weight is fair game, like Kristie Alley, and I think she understands and accepts that, and I am finding myself liking Emily more for doing her weight thing, rather than burying her head in the sand, like Housewives on other franchises who pretend they're a size six and a size medium, ahem--D'andra Simmons and Nene, Leakes, respectively, ahem.

Agreed. She needs to acknowledge that there is a problem, and that she can make changes. Yes, it will take long term effort, but things can get better and she is the one who has the power to make it happen. I looked at the medication, lack of exercise due to pain, and stress as possible contributing factors, but at some point, as it seems she is doing, she needs to take charge of the situation.

• Love 1

As I have mentioned before, out of the blue when I when I just turned 13, I was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, - it was frightening and scary and for 3 months it was hard to eat because it was hard to hold on to a utensil because, well, my hands. I was skinny, took dance lessons 4 times a week and was physically active - but it happened to me (just me, not any one else in my family of 3 siblings.

it was what it was. I continued to be as active as I could and yet manage my weight. I have always remained as physically active as possible.

rheumatoid arthritis is going to do what it is going do you irregardless of your your weight. I have lived with RA and other auto-immune challenges for over 41 years. 

Extra weight does not help anyone’s joints and and can exacerbate any underlying problems. I had my first hip replaced at 43 then lost 60 pounds and still had to have my second hip replaced 10 months later - I’ve had 8 serious orthopedic surgeries in the last 10 years. Sure my weight gain from being non weight bearing for months at a time and my thyroid issues did not help the situation. However it was going to happen no matter my weight - maybe a few years earlier because I put weight back on but it would happen.

MY POINT - DON’T ASSUME SOMEONE WITH RA COULD AVOID THE DESTRUCTION OF THEIR JOINTS BASED ON THEIR WEIGHT ALONE. Weight gain is a cause not a symptom.

I have lived with rheumatoid arthritis for 42 years and I am just about to turn 55.

Emily is in a vicious cycle - I’ve been there, when it hurts so hard to even walk, you can’t exercise and can lead to depression which can lead to not eating healthy 

It’s easy to say, just drop 15 pounds but when you hurt all the time and it hurts to walk, that is difficult 

I have not known a day without pain since two weeks after my 13th birthday.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

As I have mentioned before, out of the blue when I when I just turned 13, I was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, - it was frightening and scary and for 3 months it was hard to eat because it was hard to hold on to a utensil because, well, my hands. I was skinny, took dance lessons 4 times a week and was physically active - but it happened to me (just me, not any one else in my family of 3 siblings.

it was what it was. I continued to be as active as I could and yet manage my weight. I have always remained as physically active as possible.

rheumatoid arthritis is going to do what it is going do you irregardless of your your weight. I have lived with RA and other auto-immune challenges for over 41 years. 

Extra weight does not help anyone’s joints and and can exacerbate any underlying problems. I had my first hip replaced at 43 then lost 60 pounds and still had to have my second hip replaced 10 months later - I’ve had 8 serious orthopedic surgeries in the last 10 years. Sure my weight gain from being non weight bearing for months at a time and my thyroid issues did not help the situation. However it was going to happen no matter my weight - maybe a few years earlier because I put weight back on but it would happen.

MY POINT - DON’T ASSUME SOMEONE WITH RA COULD AVOID THE DESTRUCTION OF THEIR JOINTS BASED ON THEIR WEIGHT ALONE. Weight gain is a cause not a symptom.

I have lived with rheumatoid arthritis for 42 years and I am just about to turn 55.

Emily is in a vicious cycle - I’ve been there, when it hurts so hard to even walk, you can’t exercise and can lead to depression which can lead to not eating healthy 

It’s easy to say, just drop 15 pounds but when you hurt all the time and it hurts to walk, that is difficult 

😢 I feel your pain...👍

Whatever your beliefs...God bless...hang tough...do what you can when you can...and stay well. 🙏

Edited by Shellbell59
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Omg...I’m in and out and had never seen your earlier posts about RA...it can be devastating...and the side effects from the meds can be horrible as well.

stay strong...

My main point to my comments were in response to Tamrat saying...”so you gained weight and got the arthritis...”

I am surprised Emily didn’t speak up...”no...I have RA...anyway...but the extra weight isn’t helping the condition”

most ppl would clarify IMO...(unless they’re tickled to be making ‘friends’ with the EVIL Tamra).

so now I’m not sure what Emily’s diagnosis is...

once again all the best to you...my dear...🙏

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Shellbell59 said:

Omg...I’m in and out and had never seen your earlier posts about RA...it can be devastating...and the side effects from the meds can be horrible as well.

stay strong...

My main point to my comments were in response to Tamrat saying...”so you gained weight and got the arthritis...”

I am surprised Emily didn’t speak up...”no...I have RA...anyway...but the extra weight isn’t helping the condition”

most ppl would clarify IMO...(unless they’re tickled to be making ‘friends’ with the EVIL Tamra).

so now I’m not sure what Emily’s diagnosis is...

once again all the best to you...my dear...🙏

I agree, the Emily RA really did come out of the blue - that surprised me as well.

RA is a huge part of who I am,so for this to be the first we heard about it from Emily took me by surprise.

Of course, I’m not on a reality TV show - i am pretty boring- but I realize being boring is a good thing. Nor am I married to a dweeb like Shane... Although the first time I did marry outside my species - although the second time is coming on 25 years.

I know I’ve been rambling but my brother collapsed and did unexpectedly a week and a half ago - just turned 59 - and reality and wine head an effect on me tonight 

3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

It’s definitely her thyroid.  I had it.  Puffiness in the face, swollen fingers, etc.  As soon as they regulate the thyroid, she’ll be better.  Gee, arthritis too.  That’s a bitch, but I think a lot of us might have arthritis but weren’t diagnosed.  The forties are a killer.  Everything in your body goes haywire.  Then the hormones, but that’s another ball of wax.  To boot, men don’t understand what women go through.  They don’t get why you’re tired and crabby.

• Love 3
On 10/10/2019 at 4:24 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

I agree, and Weight Watchers is the way to go, but I don’t think Pig heads are allowed.

• Love 1

I haven’t read all the posts about Emily, but, I hope she’s had a thorough blood work up as the blood tells  ALL.  Thyroid, arthritis and many things, before she starts the gym workouts.  I’m sure she already has, I hope.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

I agree, the Emily RA really did come out of the blue - that surprised me as well.

RA is a huge part of who I am,so for this to be the first we heard about it from Emily took me by surprise.

Of course, I’m not on a reality TV show - i am pretty boring- but I realize being boring is a good thing. Nor am I married to a dweeb like Shane... Although the first time I did marry outside my species - although the second time is coming on 25 years.

I know I’ve been rambling but my brother collapsed and did unexpectedly a week and a half ago - just turned 59 - and reality and wine head an effect on me tonight 

🤭Omgawd...Firstly...condolences..

your brother was too young...I’m so sorry...

you’ve been put through the fire SQ! 
So trite to say...but hang in there...!
you may have support around you...🙏

i wish I could do or say more...hell...I’d help you...or just talk Reality TV!...anything...for anybody going through a bad time if I could...if nothing more than taking your mind off everything.

sorr the RA rant struck a chord  during your needed escape...but I hope you and others are recognized for what you’re going through.

Love this helps you escape...
but I get it...I hope you’re not...but if you’re like me...I can’t and don’t ask for help...

it’s part of the reason I’m in the shape I’m in....

so reach out...I urge you.

God bless you and your brother...

🙏

😞

Edited by Shellbell59
  • Love 8