Type keyword(s) to search

Ratings & Scheduling: As the Hamster Wheel Turns

• Start Topic

Personally I’ve not a fan of the current one as I feel back to back days in a normal season is too much. IIRC They used to do Thursday Sunday (and I believe Saturday for a few seasons early on as the middle day) Tuesday which I enjoyed more. What about y’all?

(since this got merged for whatever reason....this was it’s own thread asking which airing schedule everyone liked best)

Edited by Skyfall
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think the first season aired like every day or 5 days a week. Am I making this up? It's been so long.

Now that you mention it, I think you might be right. The live feeds were also available to AOL subscribers. 

• Love 1
On 8/12/2018 at 10:03 PM, Wandering Snark said:

I f'n HATE when golf of all things delays 60 Minutes and then Big Brother. Back to putting 45 minutes padding every Sunday... I was glad I check as the start of showtime the stupid 60Minutes watch was only at 40 minutes.

I never understood why they never join in progress during the summer when it’s reruns.

4 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:

Does 60 Minutes do reruns the entire summer?  I thought as a news magazine, they'd (mostly) stay current.  Huh.

Not sure as I don’t watch but it should be a Friday show anyway...

60 Minutes has been on Sundays since it first started in either the late 60's or early 70's so everyone else can just stand in line because it isn't going anywhere.

OT:  And yes it shows re-runs during the summer since it is a magazine type of show.  And usual some of it's better pieces.  Last week was very well worth the look and I wish more people saw it.  More on the Russian cyber attacks from the states level.   A history museum recently opened on lynchings in the south and the graphic and horrific things found out and recovered.  Like not all were in the dark of night but some were very public and white parents used to take their kids to them as an "entertainment" and there were cases where the crowds couldn't find their intended victim so they just grabbed up the person's wife or whoever and lynched them instead.  And finally a very personal and touching and well-reported account the husband wanted to show to help raise awareness more of what Alzheimers does to a couple over a long 10 year period as the same 60 Minutes reporter returned 4 or 5 times during that period to re-visit the couple on and off over those 10 years.

If you didn't catch these especially the lynching and Alzheimers pieces you really should.  https://www.cbsnews.com/60-minutes/

Some people make fun of 60 Minutes because it has been around forever in TV time years and call it old fashioned.  Yes it has been  around forever because it has done damn fine segments over the years and yes it is old fashioned as in real journalism is still practiced there which seems to be a dying discipline elsewhere on TV..

Edited by green
  • Love 5

Thanks for that  link, HartofDixie, but wow does Ryan Gamble (who wrote those pieces for Fansided) come off as really obnoxious, IMO.  "Just enjoy the game"…gee, thanks, I don't know what I would do without you to tell me how to react emotionally, dude!  (Not to mention the implicit "don't criticize anything you might not like" subtext; screw that.)

I grant you this guy is such a genius and BB devotee that he's cleverly opining that After Dark might not actually be "live" because "would the celebrities really be active enough at 2.00 AM to warrant a live TV show?"  Gee, I'm almost hoping that nobody clues Ryan in on how there are these things called "time zones" and the House being in Los Angeles means that the midnight-3.00 timeslot is actually only 9-to-midnight PST, when it would be perfectly normal for you and I to be up and about, never mind that lots of BB activity goes on long into the night usually, anyways.  Or that most of the celebs are used to a late-night schedule, in the first place.

I mean, to deflate that unearned arrogance would be just be cruel, IMO.  Like pulling the sparkleglitter off of Frankie Grande…

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

I grant you this guy is such a genius and BB devotee that he's cleverly opining that After Dark might not actually be "live" because "would the celebrities really be active enough at 2.00 AM to warrant a live TV show?"  Gee, I'm almost hoping that nobody clues Ryan in on how there are these things called "time zones" and the House being in Los Angeles means that the midnight-3.00 timeslot is actually only 9-to-midnight PST, when it would be perfectly normal for you and I to be up and about, never mind that lots of BB activity goes on long into the night usually, anyways.  Or that most of the celebs are used to a late-night schedule, in the first place.

Or that Production has a coordinated schedule with the HGs requiring them to be up and about during the BBAD broadcast time slot....  :P

2 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

I mean, to deflate that unearned arrogance would be just be cruel, IMO.  Like pulling the sparkleglitter off of Frankie Grande…

Count me in!  :>

...on second thought, scratch that - wouldn’t want to have to be in THAT close a proximity to FmfG for the time required of a glitterscrape.

• Love 1

Boston news reported tonight that open casting for this summer's BB is happening in the city this coming week.  Local news reader was trying to say the producers were coming to Boston for the open casting call but she flubbed her lines and read it as "BB prosecutors are coming to Boston this week ...".  Haha.  (Or maybe "expect the unexpected").  😉

Edited by green
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

CBS is showing a rescheduled football game tomorrow at 7 EST, and I can’t find what this means for BB tomorrow night.  Anyone know?

I heard it might be on at 10, but that seems unlikely... or maybe CBS All-Access (that paid site is doing awful) or maybe even just on the web. 

MEANWHILE, over in BB's old SUNDAY NIGHT spot, CBS is running a 60 Minutes REPEAT.

59 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Which means people should pad their DVR for an hour or more just in case football runs long, which it often does.

Move to Monday night and still get a football delay. They should have moved to Saturday.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Neat, they didn't even wait for the top of the hour. So it started at 8:50 Central 🙄 So no padding would help you had to start 10 minutes early.

ETA and then they went on to show an hour ten minutes... the hell?

Edited by Wandering Snark

Interesting. So, from what I gather:

Thursday live shows will be moved behind an hour for some reason starting next week, next Wednesday's veto episode will be two hours, which may mean we'll be seeing some sort of twist to eat up time, some weird scheduling with the week of the 25th where we may or may not have a veto episode (again, weird) and then another two hour finale, where an hour and a half of that will be utterly pointless, then 10 minutes for forced questioning, 5 minutes to vote, and then a rushed winner and AFP reveal.

• Useful 1

The 2 hour veto episode next week is what's intriguing me. Makes me wonder if perhaps we're getting an old school double eviction where there will be a taped eviction airing Wednesday (actually happening over the weekend) and then another live one on Thursday. Or yea it could just be some kind of twist they need a whole hour to deal with but that seems odd.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

This Sunday in some markets CBS has a NFL doubleheader, plus “Yellowstone” is on after “60 Minutes” (how the fuck is “Yellowstone” going to air on network TV?) so it’s possible BB won’t start until close to 11 p.m. Eastern.

• Useful 1
56 minutes ago, mojoween said:

This Sunday in some markets CBS has a NFL doubleheader, plus “Yellowstone” is on after “60 Minutes” (how the fuck is “Yellowstone” going to air on network TV?) so it’s possible BB won’t start until close to 11 p.m. Eastern.

Julie said on the show tonight that it is scheduled for 10:30 pm Sunday due to football so at least they are getting a tad more  realistic.

• Useful 1

Looks like the football overrun was the normal amount of overrun, so BB should still start at 10:29 Eastern.  Which still sucks if we want to watch tonight since it won’t end until 11:30.

No reason “Yellowstone” couldn’t have started at 9:30 sheesh.

Edit - Or not.  It’s 7:45 and I’m still watching Denver vs. Washington.  So guess at least I will be watching BB tomorrow.

Edited by mojoween
5 hours ago, mojoween said:

Looks like the football overrun was the normal amount of overrun, so BB should still start at 10:29 Eastern.  Which still sucks if we want to watch tonight since it won’t end until 11:30.

No reason “Yellowstone” couldn’t have started at 9:30 sheesh.

Edit - Or not.  It’s 7:45 and I’m still watching Denver vs. Washington.  So guess at least I will be watching BB tomorrow.

I always record the two shows that come after any show I really want to watch when it comes on a Sunday...just in case football runs long (as usual.)

It's a PITA, but I'm too impatient to wait until it gets on Paramount+

(at least I'm not on California  time...that would suuuck.)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

So will POV be shown on Sunday since there is no Wednesday broadcast?

Probably not until Thursday. POV is played on Saturday, so that would be a pretty quick turnaround. 

But who knows lol. I don't even understand why they aren't showing a veto ep next week. I looked at the schedule and it's just repeats of FBI so it's not like there's some special airing. The scheduling is weird this year.

LOL.  Maybe they are trying to "ambush" people into watching that snooze-fest Buddy Games thing.

But yeah finding out when BB is on at all at this point is like self-navigating around with a stick shift and getting lost all the time on The Amazing Race.

• LOL 2
18 hours ago, Skooma said:

LOL.  Maybe they are trying to "ambush" people into watching that snooze-fest Buddy Games thing.

*small voice* my husband and I kind of enjoyed Buddy Games. Kind of a mix of amazing race and survivor challenges..and the people are real friends. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Like 2