Type keyword(s) to search

S14 E10: Welcome to the Triangle!

ByTor
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Agreed.  Also if they give an "unpolished" answer.  Like when Kat said "baby" to the anchorwoman, that's where Kelli should have interrupted immediately and explained what was wrong with it.  That is training, not "giving a wrong answer can get you cut from this team."

Exactly.  Though at least Kat’s answer sounded like Kat and not some Stepford Cheerleader.  It was nice to actually see personality.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

Exactly.  Though at least Kat’s answer sounded like Kat and not some Stepford Cheerleader.  It was nice to actually see personality.

Yeah, it's not like she called the reporter herself "baby."  She gave an informal answer, and I'm guessing if she made something like a "Yeah baby we're going to the Super Bowl" comment in a real interview, I don't think anyone who isn't Kelli would be clutching their pearls over it.

• Love 7

Meredith Land is such a complete bitch. I think she takes sick pleasure into seeing these women fall. Same thing with Brenda. Sandie Newton has class. At least she behaves like she wants the TCC's to do well behind the mike.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Meredith Land is such a complete bitch. I think she takes sick pleasure into seeing these women fall. Same thing with Brenda. Sandie Newton has class. At least she behaves like she wants the TCC's to do well behind the mike.

I feel it more stongly about Brenda but Meredith is getting closer!

Also when the TCCs were in the chairs rewatching, did anyone else think that Kat's face read "oh, I am about to get PRAISED???" and then the hammer falls?

• Love 2

It is Media training.  They want to see how the girls are and then talk to them if they bomb.  Brenda threw out some curveballs when she did it.  These girls should know the roster of the cowboys and more general knowledge of the NFL.    They are tested on cowboy knowledge.  Remember Nicole H bombed the test which did not look good for the "star" of the team to bomb it.  I don't see it as a trick to ask a question about a player who did not go to the cowboys but a test and Meredith failed.  VK worked on her public speaking this year and it showed ( she seems to think this year before answering) and she knows her team roster.  good for her.  I am not buying the conspiracy theory they gave her the question ahead of time.  

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

It is Media training.  They want to see how the girls are and then talk to them if they bomb.  Brenda threw out some curveballs when she did it.  These girls should know the roster of the cowboys and more general knowledge of the NFL.    They are tested on cowboy knowledge.  Remember Nicole H bombed the test which did not look good for the "star" of the team to bomb it.  I don't see it as a trick to ask a question about a player who did not go to the cowboys but a test and Meredith failed.  VK worked on her public speaking this year and it showed ( she seems to think this year before answering) and she knows her team roster.  good for her.  I am not buying the conspiracy theory they gave her the question ahead of time.  

I disagree that even a cheerleader for the team needs to be hyper aware of every player movement (I’m in Philly, where we are mostly all curious about Nick Foles and where he’ll play, and even I was like “oh wait, he’s going to Dallas?” for a half second when watching that segment). Where she messed up was in pretending it was a fact that she already knew and was excited about. 

Edited by PhillyFan
  • Love 1

This show has been on forever. It’s been clear every year that these women are expected to live and breathe Cowboys. It’s not rocket science. If they don’t know take the time to know the ins and outs of the Cowboys, that’s on them. Asking the women non-dance related or gotcha questions doesn’t make Meredith or Brenda a bitch. They’re journalists — their job is to ask gotcha questions. Of anyone. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

If I were a TCC I'd make sure I knew at least the current 'doings' of the Cowboys roster

That's just it.  I don't think they're required to know where Nick Foles went, or even who Nick Foles is, but if they were as familiar with the Cowboys as they should be, they should know he doesn't play for them.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, ByTor said:

That's just it.  I don't think they're required to know where Nick Foles went, or even who Nick Foles is, but if they were as familiar with the Cowboys as they should be, they should know he doesn't play for them.

A move like that could have made that very morning; I could see even some trainers for the team not knowing yet (I mean, if it had been true) The graceful answer would have been admitting that they hadn’t heard the big news but it certainly would be an exciting move for the team, or something like that. No one can know everything and they should just show they can answer gracefully. 

Edited by PhillyFan
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, PhillyFan said:

A move like that could have made that very morning;

Which could be part of the answer.  Nick Foles doesn't play for the Cowboys as far as I know, unless something happened today that I am unaware of.

Rewatching the episode.  I have to mute Amy & her husband (aka "Babe" and "Babe").  So nauseatingly fake!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1