Type keyword(s) to search

S14 E10: Welcome to the Triangle!

ByTor
  • Start Topic

35 minutes ago, poppysand said:

I obviously don't know any of that for sure, of course. She might've been pissed -- might've actually agreed with the cute, as a bite. Who can say, really. But, if she was, I think she sort of deserves to be upset? She was given this big moment where she gets announced for the spot -- they're pointing a spotlight at her and saying, "We trust you to lead this team out on that field." And then partway through, out of nowhere, they're just subtly like, "Btw, sike, you thought! You're sharing it. Hope that's cool, don't care if it's not." Which is a real pin to a balloon and all, more than likely, just because they thought it'd be good for TV.

Having 2 points just means they don't have faith in either one of them to lead the team.  That bites.  They should have picked a leader and moved on... even if they felt it was a weaker point than most years.  

• Love 8

I am just glad Julia was crying and everything because of the wreck and worried she would be cut because she could not do practice (rather than being actually cut).  She was nervous because they knew they were evaluating.  And it will be tough for Julia because they covered a lot of formation field work and all the other girls will have an advantage over her when she can return to practice.  I like Julia and they have not focused much on her but she is a good dancer.  The media thing was not good.... all I can think was she forgot she was being screened as a DCC hopeful not as a media interview for broadcasting work.  She also was very informal in her response style, which does not present well.  I was surprised, but I am still pulling for her because she is a really good dancer.  Kat and Meredith are media risks and can't dance as well.

• Love 1

I find it interesting that Judy first instructed Amy to take Maddie’s spot for the second triangle.  Then, cut to the next shot where Amy is behind Maddie and Tess is in Maddie’s first position.   How did that happen?  I want the video of that deliberation.

I also find it interesting that Amy was mic-ed up.  You think she knew something special was about to happen?

While I am at it, I also find I interesting that Judy called out Kat for angling the wrong way, but Meredith did too.  She got lucky that she wasn’t called out for it.

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, DCCFan197605 said:

I find it interesting that Judy first instructed Amy to take Maddie’s spot for the second triangle.  Then, cut to the next shot where Amy is behind Maddie and Tess is in Maddie’s first position.   How did that happen?  I want the video of that deliberation.

I also find it interesting that Amy was mic-ed up.  You think she knew something special was about to happen?

While I am at it, I also find I interesting that Judy called out Kat for angling the wrong way, but Meredith did too.  She got lucky that she wasn’t called out for it.

Judy doesn’t call out teacher’s pets.  

• Love 3

Sooooo, what IS the "right" answer to the question "Why is DCC relevant in this age of empowered women and #MeToo?" They never told us. Now I'm pretty good at coming up with BS answers for things, but that one's got me stumped. 

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, BullInChina said:

Sooooo, what IS the "right" answer to the question "Why is DCC relevant in this age of empowered women and #MeToo?" They never told us. Now I'm pretty good at coming up with BS answers for things, but that one's got me stumped. 

Something like “blah blah blah world class blah blah sisterhood blah blah premier cheer squad in the NFL blah blah Smithsonian blah blah iconic”. Lol Did I miss anything? 

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, BullInChina said:

“I have no words”

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, JoyGirl said:

Of the 3 women who have had the most focus on them this season (Kat, Meredith, and to a lesser extent Lily), it is Lily I really hope makes the team.  After being cut on the last day of training with no prior critiques, she is gun-shy.  If she is selected to the team, she will get a huge boost of confidence and I think her "frozen face" will disappear.   

I agree. They never gave her notes on a frozen face or stiff smile her first time in training camp; I have to believe it's a combination of getting right to that same place, and knowing there are three "safe" TC candidates who the bosses love and will make it whatever. 

I'm actually surprised they didnt ask Brennan (yeah!) to work with her on confidence and not letting tension show on her face...

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BullInChina said:

Duh, just utter the "World Class"  incantation, and then hope the interviewer has a brain fart and forgets you didnt answer the question. If pressed, you can say that obviously since HUNDREDS of women from around the globe try out every year, that must mean they're doing it right!

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, BullInChina said:

I've had 4 days to consider that question and still cannot come up with anything.   Maybe--DCC helps mold girls into adults and the experience empowers them to be the woman they should be with the right guidance, and teaches them in different circumstances a demeanor which will give them more self respect which leads others to treat them with respect, and teaches them to walk away from certain situations.

Wow that might sound worse than Kat's.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, BullInChina said:

I wondered the same thing at the time.  I think the best answer (and one I wouldn't have come up with on the spot) is that the DCC was never about being a sex symbol, but rather showcasing the abilities and intelligence that these women possess. 

I think most people would agree that NFL cheerleaders were introduced almost exclusively (if not 100%) for the sex appeal, but one kinda has to ignore that aspect when answering a question like that.  

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

Absolutely.  And it didn't belong in a mock media interview anyways.  I GUESS a media person might sarcastically make a comment about a player that does not play for your team as if they did, but doubtful.

That's a great point.  If an interviewer asked that question, he/she would look like the bigger idiot.  I don't understand why the cheerleaders even need to know that stuff.  I can see why the Kelsey 50 yard football field or the one girl not knowing who the owner of the Cowboys is problematic because that probably perpetuates the ditzy cheerleader stereotype, but are they really expected to know every off-season transaction across the whole NFL? Foles was neither a past Cowboy nor a current Cowboy.  There is no reason for Meredith to be expected to know that answer.  I am a diehard football fan and I forgot that Foles went to the Jags because nobody cares about the Jags.  I couldn't name the entire 53 man roster of my favorite team, much less other NFL teams.  

• Love 10

A good answer could be revolving around a DCC's lifetime love of dance, IE:  "I've been dancing since I was a small child, and I'm thankful that the DCC allows me to continue this personal passion while also giving me opportunities to be heavily involved with the community.  For me personally, performing for a crowd no matter how big (AT&T Statdium!) takes a lot of self confidence, and showcasing that strength can feel very empowering."  

I really do think it's about that for most of the DCC, and the cat-calling, etc. from goobers around them is just an unfortunate by product.  Honestly, that can happen anywhere while wearing anything, including dirty sweat pants and a ball cap.  But the kids camps, USO meet and greets, the thrill of performing, etc...that's legit to me. 

Some DCC have the talent and desire to achieve bigger things in their dance career, like Jacie, but I think others view it as a hobby and they love being able to continue on for a bit.

• Love 17
34 minutes ago, kalibean said:

A good answer could be revolving around a DCC's lifetime love of dance,

16 minutes ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I was thinking the same thing--focus on the dance aspect

I agree with @kalibean & @RedbirdNelly.  I would make sure to include that love of dance is never irrelevant, regardless of the age we are in.

1 hour ago, vivianspoetry said:

are they really expected to know every off-season transaction across the whole NFL? Foles was neither a past Cowboy nor a current Cowboy. 

No, they shouldn't be, but they should be expected to know who the current Cowboys are.  I don't think they should have to know where he went, but they should know that he didn't go to the Cowboys.  That being said, I agree with your other comment, there is no way an interviewer would ask a trick question.  If a journalist/reporter did do that, I'd think they'd deserve to be fired.

• Love 4

Foles  was the MVP of the Super Bowl, so he’d be a big addition to any team. But with a player like Dak at QB, they’d never sign Foles. And Foles wouldn’t go someplace he’d be backup again.  (Football nerd here).

We should be glad that Kat didn’t answer the “Whitten in the broadcast booth again” question with “thank god no, he sucked as a broadcaster“. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 10/5/2019 at 1:02 AM, Holly85 said:

From a picture I have seen it’s someone with longer legs then alexis 

I think from a picture I saw on FB that it was Bridget who fainted from the heat.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

That's a great point.  If an interviewer asked that question, he/she would look like the bigger idiot.  I don't understand why the cheerleaders even need to know that stuff.  I can see why the Kelsey 50 yard football field or the one girl not knowing who the owner of the Cowboys is problematic because that probably perpetuates the ditzy cheerleader stereotype, but are they really expected to know every off-season transaction across the whole NFL? Foles was neither a past Cowboy nor a current Cowboy.  There is no reason for Meredith to be expected to know that answer.  I am a diehard football fan and I forgot that Foles went to the Jags because nobody cares about the Jags.  I couldn't name the entire 53 man roster of my favorite team, much less other NFL teams.  

If you watch Victoria's face while Meredith is talking, she looks like she's expecting the question and eagerly waiting her turn to answer. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

It wouldn’t be from heat att stadium is full air conditioned 

Whoa, I'd like to see that power bill.  No wonder the women, except Kelli and Judy, don't get paid much.

Edited by Angeltoes
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, BullInChina said:

DCC Briana said it best when she first made the team:  I can be smart, strong and sexy.  I don’t have to choose.  (Or something along those lines.)  I’d add ambitious.  And then add something about how DCC helps mold young women into poised young ladies and then blah, blah, blah iconic, blah blah blah world class blah blah blah Smithsonian.  (Thanks to the poster upthread for the blah blahs).

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

Foles was neither a past Cowboy nor a current Cowboy.  There is no reason for Meredith to be expected to know that answer.  

Yes, this is why I think it was not a legitimate question.  It was a prefab thing to make VK look good.  I find it hard to believe she has improved so drastically from "no words" to this.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, DCCFan197605 said:

I think so, or they would have miced up say 5 of them.  I didn't see Gina or Maddie's reaction to the first announcement.

On 10/4/2019 at 11:53 PM, Kate2006 said:

why is Lily picked on so much this season? Last season she was below the radar and didn’t get called into the office until she was cut. This season it seems in their eyes she can’t do anything right.

Lily seemed to shine more last season and not as much this one.  I think a GL said similar and did not give her a sticker. I liked her based off of last season and just being aware of all the VK balony and not buying into it this season.  Her facials need work and she dances a little like she talks, stilted.  I think she had a fresher face last year, but she now knows the game and is (I assume) a little wary.   So, I think they are giving alot of feedback so that if they cut her she can't say she had no opportunity to improve.  Unfortunately I think that constant criticism is weighing on her.  I can now see why she was on the bubble, so I could understand either way a cut or barely making the cut this year.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

If you watch The Good Place, Jason Mendoza does 🙂 

BORTLES!!!! 😂 😂 

DCC Media “training” is no way, shape, or form training. It’s Media Ambush and it’s my least favorite segment from modern-era Making The Team. I can see how you may want a quick impromptu Q & A to see how they are going to react and get a baseline on their media savvy and instincts, but if you are going to use their performance to make cuts, actually give them some training and then test their skills. If they still can’t pick it up, either decide to remediate and retest, cut them, or keep them but don’t put a mic in front of them. If you are going to purport to be this big successful business, then do what the successful businesses actually do. 

Victoria’s dress color looked pretty on her. 

• Love 13
On 10/5/2019 at 11:43 PM, Allison Lynn said:

I was trying to explain Kat to my husband tonight, and I explained how people can't stop watching her but she's not the best dancer, and he said, "oh, she's Jody Sawyer!"  Heh.  If she's about to get cut, she can stop Kelli and Judy and say that she didn't want to spend the best years of her dancing life in the back of a triangle waving a pom-pom back and forth.  And then she'll leave, and it'll be the best DCC:MTT moment ever for me.  But sadly, it wouldn't go down that way.

Best DCC: MTT/Center Stage crossover comment!

It's shocking to me that Kat and Meredith are still around because they are obviously much worse dancers than everyone else. I don't care how much Kelli and Judy say that Kat and Meredith have improved over the course of training camp because for all their improvement, they are still performing far below where everyone else is. They stand out in every long shot because they're always behind or just screwing up the choreography (like Kat facing the wrong way or not turning her head). Just cut them already.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Best DCC: MTT/Center Stage crossover comment!

It's shocking to me that Kat and Meredith are still around because they are obviously much worse dancers than everyone else. I don't care how much Kelli and Judy say that Kat and Meredith have improved over the course of training camp because for all their improvement, they are still performing far below where everyone else is. They stand out in every long shot because they're always behind or just screwing up the choreography (like Kat facing the wrong way or not turning her head). Just cut them already.

Yes, I was hopeful for them because they are beautiful and the squad is in need of some girls that are beautiful.  I mean, they have Maddie with her cherubic round face up front right now, lol.  But these two are making constant mistakes.  I just wish they would cut them and take us out of our misery.

• Love 1
On 10/4/2019 at 10:19 PM, KickPretty said:

Amy did not seem happy about sharing point!!  I dislike her muy much!

Amy may be the most senior vet, but that doesn't mean she should have point.  I was fine with her being "co-point" until she made her snarky "cute" comment.  Now, I'm just glad we have to only deal with her at point for a few 8 counts before Maddie takes over....Maddie went up a notch in my eyes as the point girl. 

26 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I was fine with her being "co-point" until she made her snarky "cute" comment. 

I contend that "that's cute" is some kind of mean-girl code word Amy and BFF "Kash" came up with.  I'm thinking those two are totally not as nice as they present themselves.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I contend that "that's cute" is some kind of mean-girl code word Amy and BFF "Kash" came up with.  I'm thinking those two are totally not as nice as they present themselves.

Yep... I think "cute" is definitely a mean girl comment.  I wonder how Amy likes the fact that she's only point 1/3 of the amount of time that Maddie is?  I always thought there was a subtle mean girl vibe about Amy and she proved it in this episode. 

I wonder how Amy felt when she saw the show where KaShara said Caroline should be point...Amy wasn't even mentioned.  "Cute"  to me...is kind of like our Southern "bless her/his/your heart"... 😛

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think it's cute 😛 

Lexie should have been chosen for point. She is drop dead gorgeous and a great dancer. Gina is another one who could have been picked. Amy has a great figure and is also a fine dancer, however she has a major case of butterface-itis. She's just not a pretty girl. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 10/9/2019 at 9:21 PM, AnotherSadLove said:

Sorry if this was asked before. 

can someone list the ladies that have been point of the triangle since the show started airing? Or at least since Nicole Hamilton? 

I remember Crystal Trevino, Mia, Whitney, Holly A., Jennifer K, Kashara, and currently Amy/Maddie

Edited by nmvrn
  • Love 1
On 10/9/2019 at 1:01 PM, tinabee1967 said:

Lexie should have been chosen for point. She is drop dead gorgeous and a great dancer. Gina is another one who could have been picked. Amy has a great figure and is also a fine dancer, however she has a major case of butterface-itis. She's just not a pretty girl. 

Gina would have made point except for her face.  She just isn't photogenic. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I personally think she’s far more photogenic than amy and Maddie.

Yes, Maddie does not have the right look at all for point IMO.  And Amy is "safe" girl next door look, not a typical point girl either.   Since they really didn't have anyone to perfectly fit the role it would have been good for them to be "brave" and pick Gina. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

Yes, Maddie does not have the right look at all for point IMO.  And Amy is "safe" girl next door look, not a typical point girl either.   Since they really didn't have anyone to perfectly fit the role it would have been good for them to be "brave" and pick Gina. 

What is the soonest a girl has ever been made point? 2nd yr? 3rd yr?

On 10/9/2019 at 8:21 PM, AnotherSadLove said:

Sorry if this was asked before. 

can someone list the ladies that have been point of the triangle since the show started airing? Or at least since Nicole Hamilton? 

I asked it not too long ago on the past seasons thread. Queen Nicole Hamilton, Mia Greenhouse, Whitney Isleib, Jennifer K, Jenna Jackson (for like one day), KaSexy, Amy/Maddie. 

I know I'm missing 1 or 2 though.

59 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

What is the soonest a girl has ever been made point? 2nd yr? 3rd yr?

KaShara was point her third year because Jenna was demoted for her behavior. 

• Love 2
On 10/7/2019 at 7:26 PM, KnyghtRyder said:

BORTLES!!!! 😂 😂 

DCC Media “training” is no way, shape, or form training. It’s Media Ambush and it’s my least favorite segment from modern-era Making The Team. I can see how you may want a quick impromptu Q & A to see how they are going to react and get a baseline on their media savvy and instincts, but if you are going to use their performance to make cuts, actually give them some training and then test their skills. If they still can’t pick it up, either decide to remediate and retest, cut them, or keep them but don’t put a mic in front of them. If you are going to purport to be this big successful business, then do what the successful businesses actually do. 

Victoria’s dress color looked pretty on her. 

They should teach them how to respond to a question they don't know the answer to. Come one, who's really going to bring up the "me too" movement at a dinner? 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

They should teach them how to respond to a question they don't know the answer to.

Agreed.  Also if they give an "unpolished" answer.  Like when Kat said "baby" to the anchorwoman, that's where Kelli should have interrupted immediately and explained what was wrong with it.  That is training, not "giving a wrong answer can get you cut from this team."

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I asked it not too long ago on the past seasons thread. Queen Nicole Hamilton, Mia Greenhouse, Whitney Isleib, Jennifer K, Jenna Jackson (for like one day), KaSexy, Amy/Maddie. 

I know I'm missing 1 or 2 though.

KaShara was point her third year because Jenna was demoted for her behavior. 

Also Crystal Trevino and Holly A. 

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Agreed.  Also if they give an "unpolished" answer.  Like when Kat said "baby" to the anchorwoman, that's where Kelli should have interrupted immediately and explained what was wrong with it.  That is training, not "giving a wrong answer can get you cut from this team."

Yes!!!

Remember Season 1 when the TCC would do an interview with Sandie Newton, and then the rest of the girls were asked "what was wrong with that?"  That would be better because then everyone learns.  

• Love 2