Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Monie said:

Did anyone see the repeat of the girl that was whipped by her father that was a judge? She filmed him secretly!

Missed that one. I'm sure it will show up on the OWN eventually. Her network IS the recycle bin for past episodes of Dr. Phil. I just watched an episode this morning from 2008. Dang, Robin looked SO different!  She's a plastic "doll" these days!

• Love 1
18 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Missed that one. I'm sure it will show up on the OWN eventually. Her network IS the recycle bin for past episodes of Dr. Phil. I just watched an episode this morning from 2008. Dang, Robin looked SO different!  She's a plastic "doll" these days!

Yea.... Robin's mouth is crooked and off to the side when she talks!. 

• Love 1

Just watched the two teen-aged sisters who have been terrorizing their family.  If the program keeps them until they genuinely recognize that they're the most selfish little bi***es on the face of the earth, and they need to change . . . they'll be getting their Social Security checks there.

• Love 3
(edited)

Watching Brandon - the young man who thinks his parents have an obligation to provide him what whatever he wants, regardless of his behavior.  Dr. Phil says he has a federal warrant out against him.  Shouldn't Phil have federal agents standing by to arrest him?  If he doesn't, isn't Phil guilty of abetting a fugitive from justice?

ETA:  They later referred to it as a "pending" federal warrant.  So they send this guy to an inpatient facility to try to help him to avoid jail?  Way to make him learn responsibility, Phil.  Not.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 2

Madisonuuuhhh and her sister, Liz, were on again on OWN. That Madison was one of the most annoying people I've ever seen on TVuuuhhh. She was more worried about not having her cell phoneuuuhhh than being shipped offuuuhhh. I wanted to slap the crap out of that kid. And then slap her parents. They sat on that stage and allowed her to talk to her grandmother so disrespectfully and hatefully. I'd have knocked that snotty little bitch out of her chair right in front of Dr. Shill. 

• Love 7

New episodes start sometime in September. I half heard a commercial last week about the start date on the local FOX station while I was in the kitchen during Judge Mathis. I only really watch him on that channel and didn't see that commercial today. The current lineup after Judge Mathis is Harry, Quacker Oz, Little Phub's show The Quackers (The Doctors) and then Phub himself so I mostly avoid that channel after 1pm. Harry is on the NBC channel here too. The FOX and NBC affiliates here are a duopoly. 

On 6/28/2017 at 4:08 PM, ClareWalks said:

I am so over these segments of these "faaaabulous" middle-aged single-woman duos who just loooove to get together and drink margaritas and eat tacos instead of (or after) working out, and how it's so impossible for them to lose weight, but OMG we're just so fabulous, and can you help us finally lose weight? (insert stupid diet book here)

Ladies: if you don't have the discipline to work out and eat well, no fucking book is going to magically fix you. Also, it's not about making swaps (try hummus instead of mayo!), it's about smaller portions. 

I agree.  I am on a weight loss plan to fit into my wedding dress and let me tell you:  I am consuming about 1000 calories a day, if that.  I joke I consume Slim Fast and bird food!  PLanet Fitness is my friend.

• Love 1

I just saw the strangest thing. I am watching a re-run on OWN of the Pill Popping Twins....they were showing a video of one of the twins driving with her kids in the back seat. The kids were having hissy fits. The twin driving asked the kid "what do you want" and the kid said "I want to stay with you", but when the kid said that, the Mom mouthed the words at the same time as the kid was speaking....does anyone think the kid was coached?! 

Does anyone have an update on the father that talked his daughters into running away and now won't let their mother see them?  Both parents seem off, but the father is off by a huge amount!  Please tell me that the kids were sent back to the mom and if they're allowed to see their father any more it's only via supervised visitation?

• Love 2

I'm watching my recording of this now, first time I've ever seen these people. Is this guy auditioning for a reality show for crazy people???? She doesn't look all there, either.

How did they ever get together to procreate in the first place?? I've never seen anything like these people.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Does anyone have an update on the father that talked his daughters into running away and now won't let their mother see them?  Both parents seem off, but the father is off by a huge amount!  Please tell me that the kids were sent back to the mom and if they're allowed to see their father any more it's only via supervised visitation?

This episode was on today. I came here specifically to ask the same thing. They were so over-the-top, that at one point, it looked like they might be acting. If not, then both parents have serious personality disorders! Also, does Dr. Phil ever solve problems, or does he put this freak show on just so he can slap them down and pontificate? Argh. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

Phil could make a fortune with followup shows.

Except that so many of the expensive solutions he gives out don't apparently work.  We rarely have follow-up shows.  When he did his Dr. Phil family a few years back, it seemed they went downhill quick and stayed there.  

18 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Which brings to light... why does he still have a show? If the people he is supposedly helping are not gaining any ground, he needs to be shut down.

People are still watching so the dumpster fire continues. If his ratings start slipping enough something might happen. Either that or some scandal breaks out about him or a place he sent someone to and things reflect so badly him/the show that it puts the show in jeopardy. Every time Phub brought that "Dr. Phub Family" back things were always worse in some way then they were before. It kinda made me sad when the younger daughter started to rebel so badly too.

Edited by Jaded
On 8/24/2017 at 8:14 PM, 7isBlue said:

This episode was on today. I came here specifically to ask the same thing. They were so over-the-top, that at one point, it looked like they might be acting. If not, then both parents have serious personality disorders! Also, does Dr. Phil ever solve problems, or does he put this freak show on just so he can slap them down and pontificate? Argh. 

Man...Pontificate is right!!!!!!!!!!! He thinks he is the smartest guy on the planet! But has anyone noticed he is drinking water during the show and when he gets up to walk to that giant board he kinda limps a bit... and I think I noticed a hearing aid also.

Edited by Monie
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Monie said:

Man...Pontificate is right!!!!!!!!!!! He thinks he is the smartest guy on the planet! But has anyone noticed he is drinking water during the show and when he gets up to walk to that giant board he kinda limps a bit... and I think I noticed a hearing aid also.

Well, he is getting older. At the same time, it could just be the thing all talk show hosts wear that lets the control booth communicate with them.

4 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

Well, he is getting older. At the same time, it could just be the thing all talk show hosts wear that lets the control booth communicate with them.

You're right....I bet it is the control booth ear piece...

Edited by Monie

I had hurricane coverage break into today's episode so I didn't see how things turned out. It was the one with Rick, a  middle aged You Tube rapper and Leonard(? I forgot already!), a guy who was supposedly stalking him online for years.

They had never met in person until the show.  Both were super creepy, but Rick was coming out as not so innocent when news coverage broke in.

Did anyone get to see it? How did it end?

1 hour ago, Hockeymom said:

I had hurricane coverage break into today's episode so I didn't see how things turned out. It was the one with Rick, a  middle aged You Tube rapper and Leonard(? I forgot already!), a guy who was supposedly stalking him online for years.

They had never met in person until the show.  Both were super creepy, but Rick was coming out as not so innocent when news coverage broke in.

Shoot I came here with the same question 

1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Shoot I came here with the same question 

2 hours ago, Hockeymom said:

The Leonard guy was batty as Hell.  The rapper could pretty much explain all the things that made him look bad--picture of Leonard's kid's room was an image he got off Google Earth when the cops, who were so tired of Leonard's BS just gave the rapper guy Leonard's address so he could fill out his restraining order against Leonard, for example.   Leonard said he had texts of threats that he sent the producer, but the producer came out with a binder of all their correspondence and no texts.  Rap guy did threaten Leonard, but I think anyone would out of frustration at that point.

They ended it with Dr. Phil asking them not to engage each other--I'm thinking law enforcement and the Camp Crazy experts were needed for Leonard to adjust his meds OR put him on some and clearly explain how you can't make up things about people and harass them and their family--they both agreed to disengage.  THEN, Leonard added the caveat about if he saw rapper guy talking to kids online and being a prophet, he would harass him again pretty much canceling his pledge not to engage anymore because HE'S CRAY CRAY.  So no real resolution.

Edited by For Cereals
  • Love 2

I tuned in right at the end.  I saw a middle aged man who seemed pretty frustrated and his wife was in the audience backing him up but also seemed on the edge of tears.  The other guy seemed more angry and was insisting that he did nothing wrong but was being stalked by the first guy.

Dr. Phil didn't try (that I saw) to figure out who was the more innocent party, he struck me as being bored with it all.  Dr. $hill tried to get the two men to stop bothering each other and go on with their lives.  The first guy said he'd do that, the second guy took a bit more encouragement to agree to stand down, but in the next sentence, he said he'd still 'watch' the first guy and get involved any time he thought he saw something he didn't like.

Whatever was going on before, it sounds like it's going to continue.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, For Cereals said:

The Leonard guy was batty as Hell.  The rapper could pretty much explain all the things that made him look bad--picture of Leonard's kid's room was an image he got off Google Earth when the cops, who were so tired of Leonard's BS just gave the rapper guy Leonard's address so he could fill out his restraining order against Leonard, for example.   Leonard said he had texts of threats that he sent the producer, but the producer came out with a binder of all their correspondence and no texts.  Rap guy did threaten Leonard, but I think anyone would out of frustration at that point.

They ended it with Dr. Phil asking them not to engage each other--I'm thinking law enforcement and the Camp Crazy experts were needed for Leonard to adjust his meds OR put him on some and clearly explain how you can't make up things about people and harass them and their family--they both agreed to disengage.  THEN, Leonard added the caveat about if he saw rapper guy talking to kids online and being a prophet, he would harass him again pretty much canceling his pledge not to engage anymore because HE'S CRAY CRAY.  So no real resolution.

Shocking ;~)

On 8/28/2017 at 0:58 PM, Monie said:

You're right....I bet it is the control booth ear piece...

Something might be up with his health. I've read somewhere that he can't turn his head: He has to turn his whole body. I'll have to watch for this (I keep forgetting to check). 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, 7isBlue said:

Shocking ;~)

Something might be up with his health. I've read somewhere that he can't turn his head: He has to turn his whole body. I'll have to watch for this (I keep forgetting to check). 

You know..... I can picture him turning his whole body.....and I just looked up his age, he is only 66 yr's old. I thought he was a lot older then that. But, I do see him limping to the big board when he gets up out of his chair. He seems very stiff! Apparently he has Type 2 diabetes.

I don't understand this woman Skye, who had the abusive husband -- after looking at this guy for 1 minute, I could see that he was a problem.  He gave off some serious creeper vibes and he was was one of those asswipes that blames the victim for his uncontrolled outbursts.  After watching their dysfunctional videos, I lost so much sympathy for Skye for staying with this piece of crap.  Her crying and whining and screaming on those tapes sounded like she had this pity party for herself that she let evolve for her own weird reasons.  Any woman who says "I don't believe in divorce/I thought he'd get better" and stays around to get abused needs serious therapy.  If your child told you that they let a bully beat them because they thought the bully would get better, your jaw would drop and you'd blow your top.  Skye let this guy hit her, yell at her, steal from her, get her put her in jail, AND he's a meth-head and she said "oh, but he was nice some days".   Sigh - it's 2017 girl!

If you put up with all that because you were afraid of being deported, I say go back to Australia, honey!

EDIT:  I tuned out about the time that Phil brought in the guy from that treatment center, but I gotta know... did either of those crazy kids say there was a chance that they could get back together after the husband completes counseling?  I will gag if the answer is yes.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, patty1h said:

I don't understand this woman Skye, who had the abusive husband -- after looking at this guy for 1 minute, I could see that he was a problem.  He gave off some serious creeper vibes and he was was one of those asswipes that blames the victim for his uncontrolled outbursts.  After watching their dysfunctional videos, I lost so much sympathy for Skye for staying with this piece of crap.  Her crying and whining and screaming on those tapes sounded like she had this pity party for herself that she let evolve for her own weird reasons.  Any woman who says "I don't believe in divorce/I thought he'd get better" and stays around to get abused needs serious therapy.  If your child told you that they let a bully beat them because they thought the bully would get better, your jaw would drop and you'd blow your top.  Skye let this guy hit her, yell at her, steal from her, get her put her in jail, AND he's a meth-head and she said "oh, but he was nice some days".   Sigh - it's 2017 girl!

If you put up with all that because you were afraid of being deported, I say go back to Australia, honey!

EDIT:  I tuned out about the time that Phil brought in the guy from that treatment center, but I gotta know... did either of those crazy kids say there was a chance that they could get back together after the husband completes counseling?  I will gag if the answer is yes.

Prepare to gag, then. Even Shill was saying, "I think this could work after he gets treatment." I wanted to straight throat-punch him for that. Skye's "husband" would make the world a much better place as worm food. Skye would make the world a much better place by being single and not reproducing.

• Love 4

MrSmith, I also gagged when he said that. The guy is a serial abuser and meth addict. What the hell is Phil thinking saying that this could work after treatment?! That woman needs to go back to Australia and hide. And Phill needs to get off of my TV and go on a permanent vacation with his plastic wife.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

The "on fleek" mom today is super delusional. "I'm 46, but people think I'm in my 20s!" Sweetie, you have been ridden hard and put away wet. Many times.

Oh, we laughed so hard when she said people think she's in her 20's. The best we could give her is maybe people think she's 40. Maybe. As for the daughter, she needs to get out and grow up. She's 23 and still bitching that she doesn't know how to cook or clean? OR MAKE HER BED?!? Really? For Christ's sake, if you want to learn to cook, go in the kitchen and start doing it! At least use the Internet to learn some of the things you don't know how to do and claim that you want to know how to do. She's lucky she's not my kid because I'd have shown her where the door is and told her she has 24 hours to use it. I didn't think her mother was dressing that badly. After all, the daughter was complaining about her mother having bare shoulders! Honey, you live in Florida. I'm sure you've seen everything, including the nipple, already just by walking down the street in the middle of summer. Also, it's 2017, not 1817. Bare shoulders are nothing.

• Love 3

I just watched the episode with Treva, the drunk mess.   I've never had to deal with an alcoholic, but I know myself - I would not have patience nor would I coddle someone who is so far gone... you gotta go and I hope for the best for you.  Treva made me tired in her first minute so I could not imagine putting up with her raving and cursing and slurring.  Why is that husband letting her live in the house - throw her the hell out.  Also, there's something fishy about that family - no one can explain how she gets the money for her booze.  Are they enabling her and lying?

Not sure what it says about me, but I'm getting tired of the folks who come to Phil 1-2-3 times for help, like that Todd character from Survivor. Phil made the mistake of saying he'd never give up on people and some are taking advantage. This is Treva's 2nd visit and only a complete moron couldn't see that she is a lost cause.  I'm sure that Phil loves it - people love a train wreck, but I just see annoying people.  You can't save everyone, man.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 6
On 9/9/2017 at 11:50 AM, patty1h said:

I just watched the episode with Treva, the drunk mess.   I've never had to deal with an alcoholic, but I know myself - I would not have patience nor would I coddle someone who is so far gone... you gotta go and I hope for the best for you.  Treva made me tired in her first minute so I could not imagine putting up with her raving and cursing and slurring.  Why is that husband letting her live in the house - throw her the hell out.  Also, there's something fishy about that family - no one can explain how she gets the money for her booze.  Are they enabling her and lying?

Not sure what it says about me, but I'm getting tired of the folks who come to Phil 1-2-3 times for help, like that Todd character from Survivor. Phil made the mistake of saying he'd never give up on people and some are taking advantage. This is Treva's 2nd visit and only a complete moron couldn't see that she is a lost cause.  I'm sure that Phil loves it - people love a train wreck, but I just see annoying people.  You can't save everyone, man.

I don't watch the show all the time - but all previous follow-up shows I've seen have been about great results and raving about how Dr Phil saved them!  This is the first one I've seen that admitted a "treatment failure".  

On July 31, 2017 at 1:19 PM, Gam2 said:

Madisonuuuhhh and her sister, Liz, were on again on OWN. That Madison was one of the most annoying people I've ever seen on TVuuuhhh. She was more worried about not having her cell phoneuuuhhh than being shipped offuuuhhh. I wanted to slap the crap out of that kid. And then slap her parents. They sat on that stage and allowed her to talk to her grandmother so disrespectfully and hatefully. I'd have knocked that snotty little bitch out of her chair right in front of Dr. Shill. 

I agree; I wanted to backhand the little bitch too.  Her sister was no prize either.

• Love 3

I watched the Sinead O'Connor ep, in spite of my misgivings when he has a "celebrity" on. My God.... if all of her story is true, the woman had a hellish upbringing. I say *if* because there's no one backing her up, that I could find anywhere, and her mother's dead. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

Wow, wow, wow, just. Wow.  Sinead is tormented by memories of an evil, demented psychopath mother who she somehow feels a loving connection to.  Truly twisted. 

For the most part, you can't help but love your parents. It's just part of being human. I know this from experience.

• Love 3

Sinead seems very troubled and I hope she gets the help she needs. I used to think she was just kind of "nuts" for lack of a better term, but I really think she is depressed, possibly bipolar. She seems quite lucid and insightful, which is good. And wow, what a talented chick. I thought it was interesting that she said she shaved her head because she didn't want to be pretty, but I personally think she was gorgeous (she is still a lovely woman). I thought the episode was good, except for Dr. Phil's self-congratulatory "I'm here to save you" shit. He should have just kept the focus on Sinead, because those parts were very interesting.

• Love 7

This Jonathan guy whose girlfriend Samantha committed suicide is a real piece of work.

He wants the mixer back that her parents took when they gathered their daughters belongings.  

And for someone who is in a "prestigious" law school - his lack of proper grammar is stunning.  

One more:  the "Flowbee" is not a grooming tool used by those attending prestigious law schools.

Edited by PsychoKlown

Finally, after all these years I feel I have to say it.

Dr Phil "People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing."

Bullshit, Mr McGraw!  People hide the stupidest shit from each other!  Do you actually know any people, Dr Phil?

• Love 4