Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

But yeah, I agree with most everyone else has said about Christian singer lady...there's no help to offer cuz her issue is that she's just petty and vindictive and her own actions caused her to lose custody. If anything, her ex and his wife need help to keep her away from them!

• Love 1

My opthamologist sells skin care stuff. I think it's the new "thing" to do that, I don't know. I took my Dad in for followup after he had lens implant surgery and he asked "What's all this stuff over here....wrinkle cream?" LOL

Caught part of repeat episode of girl who was 8 months pregnant and on heroin.  Turns out she is selling herself for money for drugs.  She is such a mess,  I wouldn't even take a "freebie" from her...........lol

I've not seen this girl before, I just don't know what to say. Her dad was an alcoholic, mom seems to have washed her hands of all of it. I'd like to know more about Dad and how long he drank, etc. Just to figure out what the mom and other daughter have been dealing with besides this head cheerleader gone wrong.

Watching the episode with the mom (Tina) and her two sons that hate their parents. I think that this family might not recover. The sons feel that they are right and the parents have no clue either.  None of them feel that they have to change their attitude/behavior. Me thinks that older bro has been poisoning the younger one.  Hey at least when they kill someone driving under the influence they might change their behavior or not. 

Just saw the Dr. Phil program with the brother who molested his sister . . . and then wanted to tell Dr. Phil what kind of program he'd let Dr. Phil pay for.

Dr. Phil:  You were wrong.  This guy is not smart.  He THINKS he's smart.  But he's arrogant and has been taught by his parents that he has more value than his victim/sister.  He'll end up in jail, and they're not fond of sexual predators there.

I also found him to be very effeminate.  I wonder if he and Dad share cross-dressing outfits.  

• Love 5
On 6/12/2017 at 2:00 PM, AZChristian said:

Just saw the Dr. Phil program with the brother who molested his sister . . . and then wanted to tell Dr. Phil what kind of program he'd let Dr. Phil pay for.

Dr. Phil:  You were wrong.  This guy is not smart.  He THINKS he's smart.  But he's arrogant and has been taught by his parents that he has more value than his victim/sister.  He'll end up in jail, and they're not fond of sexual predators there.

I also found him to be very effeminate.  I wonder if he and Dad share cross-dressing outfits.  

Was I the only one who thought skeevy, creepy teenage pedophile Colin looked like a low rent, live action Steve Smith?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

Was I the only one who thought skeevy, creepy teenage pedophile Colin looked like a low rent, live action Steve Smith?

I can't express an opinion.  I have no idea who Steve Smith is.

• Love 1
Just now, flyingdi said:

A character on American Dad.

That explains why I don't know who he is.  I've never watched the show.  About all I ever watch these days are "reality" TV, court shows, Dateline, etc.  We don't watch any "drama" or "comedy" series . . . except Call the Midwife on PBS.  No judgment against anyone who enjoys other stuff.  

11 hours ago, AZChristian said:

That explains why I don't know who he is.  I've never watched the show.  About all I ever watch these days are "reality" TV, court shows, Dateline, etc.  We don't watch any "drama" or "comedy" series . . . except Call the Midwife on PBS.  No judgment against anyone who enjoys other stuff.  

We watched the first season of American Dad. Then it went away for awhile and, when it came back, we didn't think it was anywhere near as good as it had been.

(edited)

Just finishing up the two-parter of the former priest with a black heart, with his new wife sitting next to him, across from the former wife.

The two women looked like they could have been sisters.  The guy definitely has a physical "type" he's attracted to.  But he is Scum (with a capital "S").

ETA:  I spent 30 seconds of my life googling this Scumbag.  He's now a licensed professional counselor, and this is his "blurb":

"Hello friend and welcome! I am happy you have found me. My specialty is relationships. We are social beings and we find our greatest joy and sorrow in our relationships, with Ourselves, God and others. I have been blessed with many life experiences which have taught me to receive each new client In a spirit of respect, non judgment and compassion. No matter what your struggle you will not surprise me. I can help you identify and work through your issues, whether it is a personal or relationship challenge.Give me a call and we'll tackle it together.!

The way I see it We only have one life. Nothing is more important than getting it right. A wise person seeks a mentor. Do you want the guy who got a great education or the guy who has hammered it out in the trenches? I bring both!

I am a leader desiring to bring healing to my clients in English and Spanish "Think truly and thy thoughts shall the world's famine feed. Speak truly and each word shall be a fruitful seed. Live truly and thy life shalll be a great and noble Creed!"

(Bolding mine.)  I already suspected that this guy was delusional.  His own words confirm that.  

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Just finishing up the two-parter of the former priest with a black heart, with his new wife sitting next to him, across from the former wife.

The two women looked like they could have been sisters.  The guy definitely has a physical "type" he's attracted to.  But he is Scum (with a capital "S").

ETA:  I spent 30 seconds of my life googling this Scumbag.  He's now a licensed professional counselor, and this is his "blurb":

"Hello friend and welcome! I am happy you have found me. My specialty is relationships. We are social beings and we find our greatest joy and sorrow in our relationships, with Ourselves, God and others. I have been blessed with many life experiences which have taught me to receive each new client In a spirit of respect, non judgment and compassion. No matter what your struggle you will not surprise me. I can help you identify and work through your issues, whether it is a personal or relationship challenge.Give me a call and we'll tackle it together.!

The way I see it We only have one life. Nothing is more important than getting it right. A wise person seeks a mentor. Do you want the guy who got a great education or the guy who has hammered it out in the trenches? I bring both!

I am a leader desiring to bring healing to my clients in English and Spanish "Think truly and thy thoughts shall the world's famine feed. Speak truly and each word shall be a fruitful seed. Live truly and thy life shalll be a great and noble Creed!"

(Bolding mine.)  I already suspected that this guy was delusional.  His own words confirm that.  

He was a condescending creep! I felt sorry for the former wife! She seemed so frustrated about the whole weird situation. I'm glad she was sticking up for herself.

• Love 2
(edited)
18 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

I was hoping he got jumped by a haggle of women out on the lot!

I'm hoping his ex-wife moves on.  So much anger, hurt and resentment only hurts her.  He couldn't give a shit less and she's never getting any kind of apology or retribution.

Edited by Aquarius
  • Love 2

Just a couple of minor observation from today's episode (conflict between train-wreck daughter and grandma who has custody of the daughter's two kids):

(1)  Amanda the skank (the train-wreck daughter) has an accent that's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.  On one of the videos that Grandma sent in to $hill, SkankManda keeps yelling over and over again "Give me my phone!", except she pronounces "phone" like "phain".  I've only ever heard this verbal pattern - pronouncing long-o as if it were long-a - in women, and only those at least 15 years younger than me (I'm 46), but I don't like it.

(2)  Show of hands:  Who thinks SkankManda really has prescriptions for the three non-marijuana things her drug test from $hill popped for - Adderall, Benzos, and I forget the third but I'm too lazy to go back and rewatch?  Awfully suspicious that she couldn't manage to produce the prescriptions in response to $hill's "last-minute" (translation:  probably 4 weeks prior to taping) request for them.  And while we're on the subject of drug tests, how deluded is SkankManda (along with hundreds of $hill's other guests) to believe that popping for marijuana constitutes "passing" a drug test?  Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

(3)  As soon as the last-10-minutes makeover segment started, I punched out.  Did that ultimately devolve into RobinBot pimping her snake oil - I mean skin-care products?

• Love 3
On June 15, 2017 at 0:01 PM, jpc1 said:

Just a couple of minor observation from today's episode (conflict between train-wreck daughter and grandma who has custody of the daughter's two kids):

(1)  Amanda the skank (the train-wreck daughter) has an accent that's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.  On one of the videos that Grandma sent in to $hill, SkankManda keeps yelling over and over again "Give me my phone!", except she pronounces "phone" like "phain".  I've only ever heard this verbal pattern - pronouncing long-o as if it were long-a - in women, and only those at least 15 years younger than me (I'm 46), but I don't like it.

(2)  Show of hands:  Who thinks SkankManda really has prescriptions for the three non-marijuana things her drug test from $hill popped for - Adderall, Benzos, and I forget the third but I'm too lazy to go back and rewatch?  Awfully suspicious that she couldn't manage to produce the prescriptions in response to $hill's "last-minute" (translation:  probably 4 weeks prior to taping) request for them.  And while we're on the subject of drug tests, how deluded is SkankManda (along with hundreds of $hill's other guests) to believe that popping for marijuana constitutes "passing" a drug test?  Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

(3)  As soon as the last-10-minutes makeover segment started, I punched out.  Did that ultimately devolve into RobinBot pimping her snake oil - I mean skin-care products?

I wanted to bitch-slap Amanda the Loser clean across the stage.  That worthless, no-good, POS doesn't deserve to be within 100 miles of those children.  She claimed to have prescriptions for methadone, benzodiazepines and Adderall.  Methadone and benzos are literally a deadly combo.  People OD and die on the regular from mixing those two drugs.  I hate to say it, but I'm fairly certain that those 2 kids would have a better chance of having a good life if that's what ends up happening to Loser Mom.

• Love 2

Dear Dr. Phil,

When you show reruns on OWN and have a two-parter, don't show the first one and then neglect to show the follow up second show. I've seen the same first part of the scammer Brittany, who's told 8 or 9 men that she's pregnant with their children. Her previous "friends" were on to out her but no follow up. How hard is it to schedule both shows in succession? 

You always say "Stay tuned-you won't want to miss this!" Uh, okay. I stayed tuned but didn't see any follow up.

Thank you, the few viewers you have left.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Dear Dr. Phil,

When you show reruns on OWN and have a two-parter, don't show the first one and then neglect to show the follow up second show. I've seen the same first part of the scammer Brittany, who's told 8 or 9 men that she's pregnant with their children. Her previous "friends" were on to out her but no follow up. How hard is it to schedule both shows in succession? 

You always say "Stay tuned-you won't want to miss this!" Uh, okay. I stayed tuned but didn't see any follow up.

Thank you, the few viewers you have left.

OWN shows whatever episode of Dr Phil the network aired two days ago, and they aired the two-parter with Brittany on Monday and Tuesday. So OWN will show the second part tomorrow. They usually do, if it's an old episode series, show them in succession, but not with reruns that are running on its regular channel/time.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

OWN shows whatever episode of Dr Phil the network aired two days ago, and they aired the two-parter with Brittany on Monday and Tuesday. So OWN will show the second part tomorrow. They usually do, if it's an old episode series, show them in succession, but not with reruns that are running on its regular channel/time.

Hi,

Yea the 2nd part is today at 9:00am mtn time on OWN...that Britanny chick is crazy!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, wings707 said:

My guess is that Brittany cannot be helped with what he offered her.   Maybe something long term but even then, no.  

Is there an inpatient treatment center for con artists and manipulators who don't want to change because they enjoy the drama they cause?  If so, that would be the one for her.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Is there an inpatient treatment center for con artists and manipulators who don't want to change because they enjoy the drama they cause?  If so, that would be the one for her.

Lol!  No, thus my take on her.  

• Love 3

Watching the show on forgiveness with the woman who was shot, at 17, in the face and has a deformed face, mainly in her jaw.  Geri Jones (sp?) spent six years in jail and now Dr Phil is setting up a forgiveness pow pow.  The shooter is a piece of work:  deny deny deny and deflect and not take ownership.  I would have never consented to being on stage let alone in the same room.  

Ms. Jones:  "I never meant to shoot nobody."  Really, then why the gun in someone's face?

Thoughts?

3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Watching the show on forgiveness with the woman who was shot, at 17, in the face and has a deformed face, mainly in her jaw.  Geri Jones (sp?) spent six years in jail and now Dr Phil is setting up a forgiveness pow pow.  The shooter is a piece of work:  deny deny deny and deflect and not take ownership.  I would have never consented to being on stage let alone in the same room.  

Ms. Jones:  "I never meant to shoot nobody."  Really, then why the gun in someone's face?

Thoughts?

Jerrie Jones who is much as a dirtbag today as she was at 14. She says she never thinks of the victim, that "God has closed out that part of my life" that she's moved on and that she never thinks about the woman who has endured over 200 surgeries because some dirtbag loser defective shot her in the face with a sawed off shotgun while she was at work. It's people like the scum-bucket Jerrie Jones that makes me kind of ok with life without parole sentences for juveniles. The other disgusting scum bucket who took part in the robbery was named Shantella Ferguson.

• Love 2
(edited)

I am so over these segments of these "faaaabulous" middle-aged single-woman duos who just loooove to get together and drink margaritas and eat tacos instead of (or after) working out, and how it's so impossible for them to lose weight, but OMG we're just so fabulous, and can you help us finally lose weight? (insert stupid diet book here)

Ladies: if you don't have the discipline to work out and eat well, no fucking book is going to magically fix you. Also, it's not about making swaps (try hummus instead of mayo!), it's about smaller portions. 

Edited by ClareWalks
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I am so over these segments of these "faaaabulous" middle-aged single-woman duos who just loooove to get together and drink margaritas and eat tacos instead of (or after) working out, and how it's so impossible for them to lose weight, but OMG we're just so fabulous, and can you help us finally lose weight? (insert stupid diet book here)

Ladies: if you don't have the discipline to work out and eat well, no fucking book is going to magically fix you.

Which episode was that? Was that on OWN today?

22 minutes ago, Monie said:

Which episode was that? Was that on OWN today?

It was at the end of the rerun that was shown on the regular network/time (the main show was the hypochondriac anxiety lady).

5 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

It was at the end of the rerun that was shown on the regular network/time (the main show was the hypochondriac anxiety lady).

oh ok... guess I'll catch in on OWN in a couple of days...the network airing comes on while I am still at work...Thanks

On 6/28/2017 at 3:46 PM, TresGatos said:

Jerrie Jones who is much as a dirtbag today as she was at 14. She says she never thinks of the victim, that "God has closed out that part of my life" that she's moved on and that she never thinks about the woman who has endured over 200 surgeries because some dirtbag loser defective shot her in the face with a sawed off shotgun while she was at work. It's people like the scum-bucket Jerrie Jones that makes me kind of ok with life without parole sentences for juveniles. The other disgusting scum bucket who took part in the robbery was named Shantella Ferguson.

I am not disputing her religious beliefs but....that woman is UNABLE to put her face in her past, dumbass Jerri Jones!!!  I would have NEVER consented to meeting her as Jerri's apology would have rang very hollow no matter what, and it was,  It was full of the tone of "I am sorry she is is stuck in the past, I am sorry she is in in emotional pain but God has closed that chapter for me."  And then she diminishes her role in the robbery?  Bitch.  I can hear her on the drive home:  " I am sorry that lady was so pissed at me all that time but I didn't do nuthin' wrong!!!"

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am not disputing her religious beliefs but....that woman is UNABLE to put her face in her past, dumbass Jerri Jones!!!  I would have NEVER consented to meeting her as Jerri's apology would have rang very hollow no matter what, and it was,  It was full of the tone of "I am sorry she is is stuck in the past, I am sorry she is in in emotional pain but God has closed that chapter for me."  And then she diminishes her role in the robbery?  Bitch.  I can hear her on the drive home:  " I am sorry that lady was so pissed at me all that time but I didn't do nuthin' wrong!!!"

I so totally agree... her apology was beyond insincere!! Stupid jerk....then she has to bring her kids with her for sympathy to show she is a "mother". UGH!

15 minutes ago, Monie said:

I so totally agree... her apology was beyond insincere!! Stupid jerk....then she has to bring her kids with her for sympathy to show she is a "mother". UGH!

Yep.....great....she has spawned.  Terrific.   Listen Jerri - YOUR kids can have you be their room mother or show up at a baseball game and not be stared at.  Your victim?  Not so much.  When they went in for hug I was shocked.  I would have said, outright:  DON"T TOUCH ME.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

That's ok. I'll do it on your behalf. Jerri Jones is full of shit because people who are truly at peace and have a relationship with God don't act or sound the way she does.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MrSmith said:

That's ok. I'll do it on your behalf. Jerri Jones is full of shit because people who are truly at peace and have a relationship with God don't act or sound the way she does.

So true - people who are at peace would have been so argumentative and defensive and....how can I say this?  Full of lies.  Changing her story and saying she never yelled at her to get down?  She never intended to shoot?  Then why the LOADED gun?  

If I remember correctly Dr. Phil has a sister in law who was horribly disfigured from thugs dropping boulders off a bridge and a boulder went through SIL's car.  You would think he would be a little more on the side of "YOU MESSED THIS WOMAN'S FACE UP, BITCH!" of the story.

• Love 1

I only watched the first few minutes of today's show, but I found it difficult to believe that woman could ever think that she could make any money stripping or escorting.  She's only moderately pretty, has gone past 'curvy' to land in 'overweight' territory, and has a terrible personality.  Her ex husband probably has a few flaws as well, but I don't know because I changed the channel.  Dr. Blake has a murder to solve.

• Love 2

Watching a rerun from 1/13/2017 about "was her boyfriend falsely accused of molestation" ? Does anyone know if the young girl who was molested (and called in to the show) took that polygeaph test and what the results were? I have to leave for work so won't get to see the last 10 minutes of this rerun. Thanks

(edited)
12 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Watching a rerun from 1/13/2017 about "was her boyfriend falsely accused of molestation" ? Does anyone know if the young girl who was molested (and called in to the show) took that polygeaph test and what the results were? I have to leave for work so won't get to see the last 10 minutes of this rerun. Thanks

The results were that she was being deceptive. Very interesting.

Although even if the dude ISN'T a child molester, the fact that she is so desperately in love with him after dating only TWO MONTHS that she is willing to overlook an actual child molestation conviction is horrifying. She is young and (really fucking) stupid.

Edited by ClareWalks
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

The results were that she was being deceptive. Very interesting.

Although even if the dude ISN'T a child molester, the fact that she is so desperately in love with him after dating only TWO MONTHS that she is willing to overlook an actual child molestation conviction is horrifying. She is young and (really fucking) stupid.

Agree totally. I believe the one thing that's been proven reliable about our justice system has is that it is UNreliable (which is only a minor reason I think that Megan's Law is some jacked up shit, (and I'd be getting WAY off topic to delve into the greater ones,  but, besides my own experiences, I have done lots of work as an advocate for and crisis counselor with children and women who've endured sexual and other abuse and trauma, so please just know that this, and further criticisms of this episode come from about as far from being, like, some pedophile  sympathizer or something as possible).

I DO think it's quite likely that this jackass was wrongfully convicted (and I normally think that lie detector tests are hogwash, but it WAS worthy of note to me that both his AND her tests supported such), but it's almost irrelevant for THIS context, inasmuch as how utterly ignorant this girl (I'd normally be complaining about a 22-year-old female person's being called a girl, but she sure wasn't acting like a woman, let alone a woman who should have been MORE mature after parenting for two years) was behaving about the situation (and whether he's a serial pedophile or a wrongly convicted man who's never even gotten a ticket, he was still a jackass). The more they argued his/their case, the worse they looked.

But, what's the fun in picking at the guests when I have Dr. Phull-of-it and his bi-weekly statistics-manipulating chart that he's been busting out for longer than he had the Cowboys-HD-Screen-Sized Proof of Manhood, Professionalism, and Bullshit on which to project it: that damn slide of statistics about how many times likelier a child who comes from a home with one parent mom, unmarried but still together bio-parents, married non-bioparents, or the awful jezebel (bio? does this  one matter? Gender clearly does; I've never seen him to use it to shame a single father)) who dares live with someone else, is to be sexually abused (THAN? Presumably The Most Open-Minded Person You'll Ever Meet means "more likely than those who live with their married bio-mom and bio-dad," but [and I will eat my words as the filling of my humble-pie here if I'm wrong, as it's possible I've missed it as I begin to seethe with rage the second he shows that thing) I'm pretty darn sure he never explicitly says this.

Because, of course, that's his default norm. It's like referring to someone as a male nurse (but not his female colleague as a female nurse. Because, oh). 

But it's his manipulation of statistics that really set me off.

In this case, sure, the young woman needed it drilled into her head that moving this guy in, with her child, after the entire two months she'd known him, was dumber than she is; more often, it seems like he uses it to shame or put likely unfounded fear into single mothers who can't do jackshit about achieving his "norm" status. But, correlation DOES NOT EQUAL causality (and sure as fuck not predictability). 

I admittedly have not researched these stats any further than the single slide of a 2001 PowerPoint presentation that Mysonjay probably first made for a junior high project warrants (although I have now cursed my inner stats nerd and will likely spend the next two days down the rabbit hole of doing so), but even assuming they're accurate (and I do believe that, as aggregates, they likely are (or were), based off of some study. Hell, I'll even give him the benefit of the doubt that it was a good study).

Because it doesn't matter.

He has never once used that slide to suggest that a truly causal relationship exists. There are a hell of a lot of factors that could account for a child's being more likely to be both from one of those categories AND a victim of abuse.

(Hell, we could actually have the causality he implies backward in some cases: they could be in each of most of those categories BECAUSE of sexual abuse that occurred in their happy little heteronormative married parents' home).

And, yeah, I have no doubt that a child who has a mom dumb enough to consider anyone, nevermind a lifetime-registry member (truly guilty or wrongfully convicted) as a suitable shackmate *after two months* is ALSO likely to be put in other higher-risk settings that may make her more easily preyed upon. She's still the same dumbass mom even if she dons a habit and "marries" Jesus, and is quite likely  to still make other decisions that could up the odds. But a good single mother moving in with someone after an already well-established relationship doesn't inherently up the chances the child would be abused from those in the same situation signing a slip of paper that "promises" they'll stay togetheh forevah [and the I've Been Married to My Frankenstein's Monster for 32 47 Eleventy-Nine Years (so please disregard my previous marriage and DIVORCE, especially as it didn't yield children whom I thus put in FIVE TIMES AS MUCH DANGER by giving them a single mom) knows how much that legal (and presumably before his IhaveaclosesndpersonalrelationshipwithJesusChrist) sometimes means], inandof itself, isn't what changes that. GAAAAAHD. 

But, ok, maybe we ignore ALL of that, and assume the peer-reviewed, statistically valid, from highly respected researchers in the field and not from one of his side-hustle-centers-of-excellence (that was redundant) research actually shows causality, which is similarly linked among all other control factors at play (yeah, totes not possible: it's make-believe time, so play along).

He still used those numbers to lie yesterday. Currently, that child is being raised by a single mother. Supposedly, this makes her 5x as likely to be sexuallly abused (than if she were in a "normal" home, I.e., if the bio father--whom I assume is not involved and/or a better parent, due to the grandparents' plan to fight for custody--showed up and Mommy and Daddy got themselves a courthouse stoop). He then pointed out that the shacking-up-with-any-male-without-like-documentation would change those odds to 20 times [the Cleaver scenario].

He then used those two "facts" to state that, if Dumdummommy were to move any dude in (not taking into account the known sex offender status), she'd be upping the chances of her daughter's being sexually abused TWENTY TIMES.

NO.

Based on his own data, she wouldn't; she'd be further upping them FOUR times. Her scarlet letter status, as per Phil, makes it 5 times (the "norm"). But she ain't getting that norm; kid's already at 5x. That IS her baseline now against which to explore other scenarios. Per Phil, if Mom shacks up (w/o a marriage certificate), it's 20x (the not-happened, not-happening "norm". Well, Phil actually didn't state this, as he never told us what kids in each grouping were more likely than ____, but if he's comparing each group to a DIFFERENT base, then someone just needs to throw a rock through his Giant Screen of Bad Graphics and Worse Handwriting, because then he might as well just be mixing and matching magnetic alphabets on a giant refrigerator):

20x more likely is just (not JUST, as in "not a lot," but comparatively to Phil's hyperbole and alternate factsbut, you know what I mean) four times that of her current status (of 5x). That sure as hell ain't nothing, but it's quite different from increasing it ANOTHER 20 times. And, as he also claimed that the statistic for a child living with married, non-bio parents was also 5x* the base *(unless I flipped that with both unmarried bio-parents: one was 9x and one was 5x, and I COULD be mixing them up), .*that child's* risk base starts at 5x even if the grands adopt (at best; if I flipped 'em, then the odds almost double by custody' going from dummom to the grandparents, which just shows how manipulative he's being with these numbers (and then, comparatively, she'd be just more than doubling the risk going from grandparents's to mom-and-partner, which is obviously still Not Good but far more accurate than Phil's foolishness).

OR, we could ignore his entire set of statistics, dubious or not, and place the blame where it belongs:

criminals could  not violate children and women in the first place, and then  Dr. Phil would have to keep his mom-blaming shit to those of Beautiful Out-of-Control Drug-Addicted Daughters (or occasionally Accomplished, Talented, Moocher, Drug-Addicted (usually adult) Sons). 

Certainly, it's not realistic, and most people try to engage in risk-reducing behaviors to avoid being the victim of a crime, whether it's locking our doors or living in the safest places we can afford (wonder how that contributing factor is accounted for in Dr. Phool's Slippery Slideshow of Sketchy Statistics) or, well, for women, everything from thinking through walking to our cars or homes at night to buddying up if we dare go out at night (fuck, he won't even leave his wife alone in his own audience of his own show when he can't see that she's still safely where he put her down last) to probably way more actions than Phil could even try to mansplain. But I'm so over the idea that it's irresponsible not to do so with nary a mention of the culpability of the offender.