Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

Jeez, I truly hope the people on today's show were actors.  I hate to think there are people that horrible and/or stupid out there.  And that they're breeding.

And WTF did Rosie Mercado's modeling career and weight loss have to do with anything?

Phool dismisses the merry band of idiots with an "OK, good", then turns to the camera and cheerily announces next we'll be meeting a woman whose gaining weight and says it's all her grandma's fault.  Not that the idiots didn't deserve to be dismissed but that was one ungraceful transition.

This episode felt as weird and disjointed as a fever dream.

• Love 1

Oh, absolutely! My 68 year old face/neck have never looked better! I look like I've had plastic surgery, Botox and every other treatment just from using Robin's overpriced crap! Thank you so much, Robin!!

• Love 3

Well, I made it through 7 minutes of this episode. I don't think they were actors. I just couldn't stomach it in order to stay long enough to gather more evidence. LOL

• Love 1
3 hours ago, allicatexp said:

I feel they had to be actors. That girl never stopped smirking. So obnoxious.

I agree.  And the stupid things she said, unchallenged by the good "doctor", it really felt put on for effect.  Rosie Mercado said something about being thrilled about working with the Dr. Phil Show and the way she said it made it seem permanent or at least recurring.  So maybe this was her introduction as the undercover . . . what, I'm not sure . . . but they seemed to spend a lot of time on her story for just a one-time appearance as. . . what, I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Did they end this one, again, shilling plastic Robin's miracle serums/creams/lifting crap? 

No.  That actually would have been refreshing, this episode was so very bad. 

I'm not sure what the mother (and boyfriend) hoped would happen by going on the Dr. Phil show, except to gain exposure for her daughter's reality show career dreams.  She didn't seem to be willing to change anything or do anything that Phil recommended.  My take is that once Dr. Phil realized his show and resources were being used to exploit the daughter's "career" and not for rehabilitation, he shut the show down.  Too bad it was a waste of everyone's time (especially the viewers), but I'm sure once they invested all their resources and had already committed to the advancement of Rosie Mercado, there was no turning back.  It was definitely a worthless and wasted episode. 

• Love 5

A lot of this story seemed made up in order to showcase the daughter. I'm guessing they think she will be the next "Cash me outside" girl. I find it hard to believe an unemployed 19 year old with no income would get 17 credit cards with high limits. I think that is a bunch of crap. Also, her collection of shoes and makeup didn't seem like many thousands of dollars either. Phil needs to stop with the bratty teens-the stories are just getting old. I don't believe for a minute that she and the other reality 'star' actually slept all night on the streets. Bring on the catfish people, that at least is amusing!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

I'm guessing they think she will be the next "Cash me outside" girl.

I thought that too. I was like "bitch, until you get yourself a catchphrase, get off my TV." I don't understand how these girls can just smirk their way through life without someone wiping it off their face. It definitely makes them look like bad actors, that they only have one facial expression and it doesn't match their words.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

A lot of this story seemed made up in order to showcase the daughter. I'm guessing they think she will be the next "Cash me outside" girl. I find it hard to believe an unemployed 19 year old with no income would get 17 credit cards with high limits. I think that is a bunch of crap. Also, her collection of shoes and makeup didn't seem like many thousands of dollars either. Phil needs to stop with the bratty teens-the stories are just getting old. I don't believe for a minute that she and the other reality 'star' actually slept all night on the streets. Bring on the catfish people, that at least is amusing!

The Mother gave her (or she stole, not sure) her Social Security number.  Moron.

Just now, Dakisela said:

The Mother gave her (or she stole, not sure) her Social Security number.  Moron.

"Moron."  The Mother, that is!!!

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Dakisela said:

The mother claims the daughter stole her SSN. If that's the case, she should have had her prosecuted for identity theft. I know it would suck as a parent, but there are lines that one simply cannot allow to be crossed and when they are, then the full weight of the consequences need to be applied.

• Love 4

That was confusing - maybe I stepped into another room, but I didn't hear the good Dr ask the girl if she had thoughts about getting a job ?  She mentioned that if he gave her the $21,000 to pay the bills off, she would go to school ?  Not sure the logic of that.  But I didn't hear anything from him, at any point, about things she should be doing.  Too odd.  I think his end-game was to tell the mother and boyfriend to sell the expensive Stuff and pay off the cards?   And then Goodbye ?  I kept waiting for that somewhat satisfying moment when the smirker finally stops smirking -- and it never came, because he never told her (1) that this behavior was deplorable, or (2) to change or improve herself in any way.    

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Chippings said:

That was confusing - maybe I stepped into another room, but I didn't hear the good Dr ask the girl if she had thoughts about getting a job ?  She mentioned that if he gave her the $21,000 to pay the bills off, she would go to school ?  Not sure the logic of that.  But I didn't hear anything from him, at any point, about things she should be doing.  Too odd.  I think his end-game was to tell the mother and boyfriend to sell the expensive Stuff and pay off the cards?   And then Goodbye ?  I kept waiting for that somewhat satisfying moment when the smirker finally stops smirking -- and it never came, because he never told her (1) that this behavior was deplorable, or (2) to change or improve herself in any way.    

Not only is all of that true, when he told the mother and boyfriend to liquidate the expensive stuff to pay down the debt, he said, "You heard her.  It's all your fault.  You need to deal with this."  If that was sarcasm, Phool needs to work on his delivery, because it didn't come off sarcastic.  And the "OK, fine, goodbye" came after he asked the mother whether she would sell the things she bought her daughter, and the mother said, "Well, most of them."  Then Phool did the whole dismissing-the-person-who-refused-his-help . . . as if this WAS the mother's and boyfriend's problem to fix. 

It was so weird, this episode.

• Love 1

I lost most of today's episode on the husband being catfished to the President's news conference.  Will have to catch it on OWN next week.

14 minutes ago, b2H said:

I lost most of today's episode on the husband being catfished to the President's news conference.  Will have to catch it on OWN next week.

Good idea re: OWN. I was so pissed. I love "delusional old person being catfished by Nigerians" episodes.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Aquarius said:

Not only is all of that true, when he told the mother and boyfriend to liquidate the expensive stuff to pay down the debt, he said, "You heard her.  It's all your fault.  You need to deal with this."  If that was sarcasm, Phool needs to work on his delivery, because it didn't come off sarcastic.  And the "OK, fine, goodbye" came after he asked the mother whether she would sell the things she bought her daughter, and the mother said, "Well, most of them."  Then Phool did the whole dismissing-the-person-who-refused-his-help . . . as if this WAS the mother's and boyfriend's problem to fix. 

It was so weird, this episode.

I don't know, I read his response differently.  He didn't ask the mother if she was willing to file charges against her daughter for identity theft.  He only asked is she was willing to sell everything she had bought her daughter, and Mom hedged.  Apparently, Mom isn't embarrassed enough by her snotty, entitled, unattractive daughter to do the most minor of things.  

The icky daughter was right.  Stop playing the victim, it IS your fault.  And to make matters worse for her, this episode will be her future resume for potential employers.  That's probably why mom was weepy....

• Love 1
On 5/17/2017 at 2:42 PM, cooksdelight said:

I'm glad I didn't waste an hour of my life today, sounds like.

Right? The only "good" show this week was the catfishing geezer, and it's a twofer.

• Love 3

Just watched the first half of the catfish story.   It appears his wife cleaned up for this show, she sounds like rough trade and neither seem very bright (understatement).  

• Love 4
(edited)

That man is an idiot. And very naive where the internet is concerned. Pretty girls flattering him for money, LOL. I shouldn't laugh, but watching him lie about Kimberly, and watching his face fall as it all fell apart was hilarious. I watch "Catfish" and I've seen some doozies on there as well.

I used Match.com for three months one time. I also signed up for a three-month subscription to a background search service. First guy I met for lunch, said he lived with his mother. No, dear, you live with your wife. Second guy had 5 ex-wives and I found every one of them when searching his name. Third guy I chatted with I never met since he lied about working from home (he was fired), forgot to tell me he had been arrested for domestic violence, three times. 

It never ceases to amaze me how people are so easily flattered and lied to, as this man was, without doing a little sleuthing first. Internet fraud is at an alltime high, not just when looking for love & money, but people claiming to be sick and need money for surgery or whatever.  Someone I know, from my hometown, started a GoFundMe page, with a variety of reasons why he needed money to help him finish school and get his doctorate. With 30+ years in the Navy, rank of captain, he had a hefty pension. It was all a lie. I was floored to see someone I know trying to get people who really don't have a lot, to give him their hard-earned money.

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 5

Yeah, Jerry is an asshole, but I just couldn't work up any sympathy for his wife. She said that she was dating him when he was married, so she knew what she was getting - a philanderer - who was messing around on her after they were married. And now she's angry....

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, peaceknit said:

Yeah, Jerry is an asshole, but I just couldn't work up any sympathy for his wife. She said that she was dating him when he was married, so she knew what she was getting - a philanderer - who was messing around on her after they were married. And now she's angry....

I hate those people who "steal" a married person then are, gasp, SHOCKED when that person doesn't respect THEIR marriage vows. I guess they think they are sooo special that nobody would ever cheat on *them.*

My dad left my mom when I was a teenager for a woman who is/was a marriage counselor. Not my parents' marriage counselor, but a marriage counselor nonetheless. Sometimes people who should really know better just...don't.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, peaceknit said:

Yeah, I caught that in the early part of the first episode. I laughed pretty hard. She shouldn't have been surprised when he started cheating on her. And I don't understand why she didn't set about divorcing him before he started giving away all their money. At least the courts could have frozen his access to it or put someone else in charge of it and forced him to justify all his "expenses".

• Love 4
2 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

That man is an idiot. And very naive where the internet is concerned. Pretty girls flattering him for money, LOL. I shouldn't laugh, but watching him lie about Kimberly, and watching his face fall as it all fell apart was hilarious. I watch "Catfish" and I've seen some doozies on there as well.

I used Match.com for three months one time. I also signed up for a three-month subscription to a background search service. First guy I met for lunch, said he lived with his mother. No, dear, you live with your wife. Second guy had 5 ex-wives and I found every one of them when searching his name. Third guy I chatted with I never met since he lied about working from home (he was fired), forgot to tell me he had been arrested for domestic violence, three times. 

It never ceases to amaze me how people are so easily flattered and lied to, as this man was, without doing a little sleuthing first. Internet fraud is at an alltime high, not just when looking for love & money, but people claiming to be sick and need money for surgery or whatever.  Someone I know, from my hometown, started a GoFundMe page, with a variety of reasons why he needed money to help him finish school and get his doctorate. With 30+ years in the Navy, rank of captain, he had a hefty pension. It was all a lie. I was floored to see someone I know trying to get people who really don't have a lot, to give him their hard-earned money.

Cooksdelight, first of all my sincere sympathy on your dating mis-matches but damn that's some funny $hit! Lol. 

When Phil ended the segment early with the original couple from yesterday, I thought for sure Robin was going to come on stage and try to sell something....skin care, Georgia Smiles (or probably sometimes Georgia frowns when she looks down from above on her daughter screwing folks out of their hard earned money)

• Love 4

I saw the rerun on OWN today of the daughter who threw a fish sandwich/pizza in her mom's face. Are the mom and boyfriend just nuts? I have to believe this was just a crock of baloney but why were they allowed on Shill's show? I also watched the old man who was catfished the past two days (or at least parts of both of them). How can so many people be so damned stupid in this day and age? This man was 67 years old which might seem old to some of you readers but my husband and I are older than that and would NEVER have believed this crap from anyone. Of course, my husband was a chief detective in the Army for 20 years and we don't trust anyone-ha. But really, people?!  Are you that desperate for any kind of attention? 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, LisainCali said:

I don't know, I read his response differently.  He didn't ask the mother if she was willing to file charges against her daughter for identity theft.  He only asked is she was willing to sell everything she had bought her daughter, and Mom hedged.  Apparently, Mom isn't embarrassed enough by her snotty, entitled, unattractive daughter to do the most minor of things.  

The icky daughter was right.  Stop playing the victim, it IS your fault.  And to make matters worse for her, this episode will be her future resume for potential employers.  That's probably why mom was weepy....

Yeah, that's how it looked to me. He repeated that the daughter is blaming the mother for all this, so IF it's all mom's fault, then she should just "fix" it. By selling Smirky's stuff. His sarcasm, well really, ANYTHING he said was lost on the mom. 

What I want to know is where did the boyfriend get that much to give her? He seemed young. Too young to have that kind of bank.

• Love 4

The girl who got a lot of attention for saying, "meet me outside (forgotten slang version),"  may have influenced the pizza throwing girl and her mother to get on the show.  Perhaps they were looking to get some SM attention.  There can be money if your post/vid goes viral.   Phil was having none of it and offered no help other than the advice to recoup some money (good move).   He was as disgusted with them as we all were.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I saw the rerun on OWN today of the daughter who threw a fish sandwich/pizza in her mom's face. Are the mom and boyfriend just nuts? I have to believe this was just a crock of baloney but why were they allowed on Shill's show? I also watched the old man who was catfished the past two days (or at least parts of both of them). How can so many people be so damned stupid in this day and age? This man was 67 years old which might seem old to some of you readers but my husband and I are older than that and would NEVER have believed this crap from anyone. Of course, my husband was a chief detective in the Army for 20 years and we don't trust anyone-ha. But really, people?!  Are you that desperate for any kind of attention? 

^^^^^^WORD^^^^^^ Definitely 60s are not "old". People need to stop confusing unacceptable behavior/decisions that "older" people make, with just plain damn stupidity. Plain damn stupidity affects people of all ages and walks of life. It's an epidemic! Lol

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Nancypants said:

Did Old Badger Jerry really think he was going to get a hot girl half his age? That shit infuriates me.

Amen! Although at least older men have cultural references to feed their delusion. I particularly love episodes where the homely women in their mid-60s think a studly 48-year-old playboy is desperately in love with them.

• Love 6
(edited)

I have noticed Phil's irritation, just under the surface, with some of these guests who appear to have less than an honest problem to solve.  Rightly, he does not offer help.  I like that.  I loved that he just ended the show twice recently and walked off with no resolution because there was none to be made. 

The show has taken a slightly different direction though the predictable cases still dominate.  I am fine with that.  I prefer the more outrageous guests to the tired addicts and molesters.  

I think a conscious decision has been made by the production team to vary the guests as much as they can.  It started out, years ago, as a very serious show and now is breaking into some more interesting cases.  

I sense Phil has less to do with the casting and does less research himself.  His team has always done that but I think he had a bigger hand in it that he does now. 

I am fine that he spends less time, meaning less repetition, and ends the hour with Robin.  I turn it off at that point. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 5/19/2017 at 7:04 PM, wings707 said:

The girl who got a lot of attention for saying, "meet me outside (forgotten slang version),"  may have influenced the pizza throwing girl and her mother to get on the show.  Perhaps they were looking to get some SM attention.  There can be money if your post/vid goes viral.   Phil was having none of it and offered no help other than the advice to recoup some money (good move).   He was as disgusted with them as we all were.  

Cash me ousside.  How 'bou da?

Edited by slasherboy
  • Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:04 PM, wings707 said:

I'm not sure what kind of help he could have given her. Her "problem" was that she's spoiled and stuck up, but her life was working perfectly from her perspective. She's an adult so they couldn't force her to go to a ranch.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:57 PM, MelissaMinion said:

Yeah, that's how it looked to me. He repeated that the daughter is blaming the mother for all this, so IF it's all mom's fault, then she should just "fix" it. By selling Smirky's stuff. His sarcasm, well really, ANYTHING he said was lost on the mom. 

What I want to know is where did the boyfriend get that much to give her? He seemed young. Too young to have that kind of bank.

I was guessing that the boyfriend was probably from a rich family too?

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 0:48 PM, Chippings said:

I thought the ripping up the check was lame. It seemed like an attempt to create a dramatic scene for a topic that was maybe not melodramatic  on it's own. Just like taking her to see homeless people, the producers couldn't have truly thought that she'd have revelation and change her ways...

• Love 3
On 5/19/2017 at 5:04 PM, wings707 said:

"Cash me ousside!!  How 'bout dat?" Wonder how much money she has made?  I saw that she was "hired" to be in a music video, but got stiffed on the payment.  

• Love 3
(edited)
14 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Cash Me Ousside girl is possibly going on tour. I kid you not.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/05/18/cash-me-outside-girl-danielle-bregoli-going-on-tour/

Good God. People think people will actually pay for this? If people do pay for this, then I'd like some of whatever they're smoking since it will be clearly demonstrated that it has the ability to actually shift reality.

Here's footage of her getting her ass beat. And it pretty clearly is her based on the voice, her size, and her hair. You get a decent profile shot of her face toward the end, too.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/25/cash-me-outside-fight-video/

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, ed2962 said:

I thought the ripping up the check was lame. It seemed like an attempt to create a dramatic scene for a topic that was maybe not melodramatic  on it's own. Just like taking her to see homeless people, the producers couldn't have truly thought that she'd have revelation and change her ways...

Yes, I forgot about the super-extended scene of the check being ripped up.  Complete with a close-up of the pieces being ripped ever so smaller.  Lame indeed.

I hate the catfishing episodes.  Absolutely hate them.  But I was too lazy to get the remote on Friday and ended up seeing the second half of the dude taken in by "Kimberly".  At the end there was an update on Dr. Mark, where Phool's crack team of super investigators found the real woman behind the fake photo that took him in . . . and I just don't know what to say.  This guy is still trying to get those steel boxes out of Nigeria, and he doesn't want to see the real woman behind the picture because he's used to dealing with the fake and she's got a certain personality that he's used to . . . so he knows he's being conned but he's fallen for whoever is behind the pictures.  Man.  That is one sad case of I don't even know what to call it.  Willful delusion?

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Aquarius said:

Yes, I forgot about the super-extended scene of the check being ripped up.  Complete with a close-up of the pieces being ripped ever so smaller.  Lame indeed.

I hate the catfishing episodes.  Absolutely hate them.  But I was too lazy to get the remote on Friday and ended up seeing the second half of the dude taken in by "Kimberly".  At the end there was an update on Dr. Mark, where Phool's crack team of super investigators found the real woman behind the fake photo that took him in . . . and I just don't know what to say.  This guy is still trying to get those steel boxes out of Nigeria, and he doesn't want to see the real woman behind the picture because he's used to dealing with the fake and she's got a certain personality that he's used to . . . so he knows he's being conned but he's fallen for whoever is behind the pictures.  Man.  That is one sad case of I don't even know what to call it.  Willful delusion?

And he's a physician? 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/18/2017 at 6:28 PM, ClareWalks said:

Good idea re: OWN. I was so pissed. I love "delusional old person being catfished by Nigerians" episodes.

Why are the scammers always from Nigeria?  ALWAYS.  Can't they be from Port Elizabeth, or Capetown, or Somalia?  

Edited by LisainCali
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Stupidity?

No, needy stupidity!

Yes, needy stupidity covers it.

Which is the reason I hate the catfishing episodes.  I can't get into calling people out on such a sad thing.  It's sort of like making fun of the handicapped.

5 hours ago, peaceknit said:

And he's a physician? 

And self-aware enough to mention that his patients fear that he's overcharging them to compensate for the amount he's into with the con game.  Inconceivable.  Something is wrong with him.

So, what is Phool's latest theme?  Bringing on badly behaved children and then hanging it all on the mother?  Today's show . . . the father was sitting right the F there, but Mom has to answer for all the snotty-assed sons do wrong?  Did I miss the part where the father said he's not involved in any of the decision making in that house?  Why should she be called to task for all the stupid decisions and mixed messages, while her husband gets to sit there unchallenged?  Isn't Phool all about same-gender role models in the household?  According to that belief, the one who should have been put on the spot for his bad parenting was Dear Old Dad.

• Love 1

Just finished the episode with the 'bad boy' sons.  These are the episodes where Phil is at his best, imho.  Teenage years are so awful.  And if they're not, those become the adults who have midlife crises.  imho.

I actually liked that Phil offered the 21 year old,  Mr. Know It All Jerk, no help at all. It was a subtle rejection, yet an acknowledgement that the oldest son is out on his own, and old enough that he could say No.  and he would have, of course.  

These shows are what I like about Dr. Phil the most.  I hope this family works out.  

• Love 3

The older jackass son resembles Channing Tatum. What a waste of good looks. I don't know why the younger one was like "that's why we came to Dr. Phil, to get help!" then refused to go to the program to get help. I said to my TV "you really want to help this kid? Cut his ugly-ass hair."

• Love 3

Just watched the video of Cash Me Ousside girl getting beat up.  I don't understand how somebody can get their ass whupped then just get up and walk away.  I mean, she wasn't crying or anything.  I'd have to lay there for about 4 hours before I could even move.

Trash.

• Love 5