Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

I've seen photos of Jordan McGraw's "mansion" in the past and it looked beyond creepy to me. It's Goth to the max and no way that kid with a band no one has ever heard of could afford something that big and weird. Mama and Daddy bought that pad for him and his friends. It will have to be totally redone at great expense to have any hope of selling.

• Love 6

The house is tasteful but most likely did not get purchased or decorated with funds from Jordan McGraw. Like many parents, I help my adult children at times. I would like to hear Dr. Phil and Robin acknowledge subsidizing Jordan.

• Love 2

Watching yesterday's show, when they finally revealed that the creep asshole dad had killed himself, I was like "THANK GOD HE'S DEAD." Insensitive, maybe, but there it is. Fuck that dude.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Watching yesterday's show, when they finally revealed that the creep asshole dad had killed himself, I was like "THANK GOD HE'S DEAD." Insensitive, maybe, but there it is. Fuck that dude.

I felt exactly the same. And I hated the mother as well.

• Love 8

This was too much like watching my childhood.  My mother's excuse (when I confronted her when I was an adult) about the incest she KNEW was going on:  "I just didn't know what to do."

Like "stay with the b*s*a*d and let him continue to molest your daughter" was somewhere on the "what should I do" list?

• Love 11

Today's show....where to begin. Mariah needs to be bitchslapped. A lot. Every day. I had no sympathy for her or her conman boyfriend. They don't want help, Phil is wasting his time. They will be out and doing drugs again as soon as their stint in rehab is over. I know addicts. These two have no intention of cleaning up their act. I wanted to strangle them both.

Mom wasn't much better, allowing her young girl to smoke weed like there's nothing wrong with it.

• Love 5

Cooksdelight, I totally agree with what you've said. I do think that Leighton was more willing to get help but Mariah? Nope. They were both so messed up that they may never recover. And that mom? Yikes. At least, she is now acknowledging everything she did wrong but it may be too late. Such a sad story for all of them.

• Love 2

Ronnie the stalker is batshit crazy. I feel so sorry for his son. And I wonder why he came to live with him after all this time, when he clearly was not ready to raise a teenager.

I can't even remember the woman's name now, because like Phil, I really don't care what she has to say. I think the only reason she kept him around was because he gave her money.

It's real easy to get someone out of your house. You call police, they will stand there while the person removes their things from the home, and then you change the locks and be done with it.

• Love 6

I think this woman was more interested in getting on the Dr. Phil show than getting that guy out of her house. There was something really off kilter about her besides just getting money from him to help pay the expenses. The smartest person on that stage was the 16 year old. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

It's real easy to get someone out of your house. You call police, they will stand there while the person removes their things from the home, and then you change the locks and be done with it.

Not necessarily. Depending on the laws where you live, they may have tenant's rights if they've spent 14 or more nights consecutively in your house. So, it could require you to evict them using the court system. In fact, all the leases I've had have specified that guests cannot stay more than 10 or 12 days at a time. 

• Love 6

I don't know who was worse, the man or the woman. They were both nuts. But these are the types of nutjobs that I watch the Phillip Show for. I don't want to see any more House of Horrors or "Who Killed ____?" episodes. Give me crazy catfish who get catfished by other catfish. 

And we were treated to another wrinkle cream infomercial today.

• Love 4

I watch Judge Judy and The People's Court.  It is NOT simply a matter of calling the cops to get someone out of your house.  As @MrSmith said, it sometimes takes court action, and tenants have rights, too.

Which is why I will NEVER find myself in that situation.

• Love 3

I turned this shit off once they got to the 30-year-old mother of three who was, GASP, horrified that she was starting to show signs of aging. Bitch, please. First of all, nobody held a gun to your head and made you have three kids. Everyone I know who has more than one kid is prematurely grey. This is why I'm sticking at one ;) And second, if you're not aging, you're DEAD. Get over it. I swear, these women who spend thousands of dollars a year on creams to make themselves look, at best, a few months younger are idiots.

• Love 3

We all age if we're not dead. Just do the best you can to take care of yourself but for goodness sakes, live your life and enjoy the time you have on this earth without spending every day worrying about how you look! We can thank the entertainment industry and the nasty Kartrashians for young people believing that how they "look" is the most important thing in their lives. How about getting a good education, contributing something worthwhile to society, voting responsibly, obeying the law, establishing a safe, secure home in which to bring home the innocent children you decide to have, etc, etc. Geez. We're going to hell in a hand basket if we keep valuing this nonsense instead of the things that really matter in life. 

• Love 9

Amen! I guess I don't get it, because my mother was all natural and didn't tweeze her brows, wear makeup, dye her hair, diet obsessively, any of that shit. I handle my brows but I don't do the other stuff, because honestly, I'm married and have a kid. I don't need to look or feel super sexy-looking to land a man, or to keep the man I've got, or to feel good about myself (I can belt out "Hamilton" songs for that). I feel bad for a lady who would go on Dr. Phil and be like "waaah, I'm 30 and I'm sooooo old-looking," when she in fact looked great IMO. I can't imagine the meltdown she'll have when she turns 40, or 50, etc.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I turned this shit off once they got to the 30-year-old mother of three who was, GASP, horrified that she was starting to show signs of aging. Bitch, please. First of all, nobody held a gun to your head and made you have three kids. Everyone I know who has more than one kid is prematurely grey. This is why I'm sticking at one ;) And second, if you're not aging, you're DEAD. Get over it. I swear, these women who spend thousands of dollars a year on creams to make themselves look, at best, a few months younger are idiots.

Ha ha ha!  I have 2 kids and didn't start graying until I was in my 60s!  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Amen! I guess I don't get it, because my mother was all natural and didn't tweeze her brows, wear makeup, dye her hair, diet obsessively, any of that shit. I handle my brows but I don't do the other stuff, because honestly, I'm married and have a kid. I don't need to look or feel super sexy-looking to land a man, or to keep the man I've got, or to feel good about myself (I can belt out "Hamilton" songs for that). I feel bad for a lady who would go on Dr. Phil and be like "waaah, I'm 30 and I'm sooooo old-looking," when she in fact looked great IMO. I can't imagine the meltdown she'll have when she turns 40, or 50, etc.

I haven't seen this particular episode. But am I correct in assuming that Robin wasn't brought on the stage to give that "aging" woman free samples of her fabulous skin care products? That's a first!

5 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I haven't seen this particular episode. But am I correct in assuming that Robin wasn't brought on the stage to give that "aging" woman free samples of her fabulous skin care products? That's a first!

Oh, you're in for a treat. Not only did Robin come on stage, while Grandma 30 stayed in the audience, but we got treated to an old grainy photo of Robin, Phillip, and MySonJay bringing Jordan home from the hospital. Because apparently that has everything to do with wrinkles.

4 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Oh, you're in for a treat. Not only did Robin come on stage, while Grandma 30 stayed in the audience, but we got treated to an old grainy photo of Robin, Phillip, and MySonJay bringing Jordan home from the hospital. Because apparently that has everything to do with wrinkles.

Lol! Can't wait to see this episode with the Insane Mcgraw Clown Posse....especially Mrs. Clown! 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, wings707 said:

Ha ha ha!  I have 2 kids and didn't start graying until I was in my 60s!  

I have no children and I started with the grays in my 20s.  (The horror!!  LOL)

14 hours ago, Gam2 said:

We all age if we're not dead. Just do the best you can to take care of yourself but for goodness sakes, live your life and enjoy the time you have on this earth without spending every day worrying about how you look! We can thank the entertainment industry and the nasty Kartrashians for young people believing that how they "look" is the most important thing in their lives. How about getting a good education, contributing something worthwhile to society, voting responsibly, obeying the law, establishing a safe, secure home in which to bring home the innocent children you decide to have, etc, etc. Geez. We're going to hell in a hand basket if we keep valuing this nonsense instead of the things that really matter in life. 

Agree 100%.  I think that's one of the reasons I really can't stand $hill plugging wifey's goop at the end of the show.  Here, on the one hand, he's allegedly trying to get people to have that changing day in their lives, then he puts Robin on to tell you how she can make you look like an airbrushed 16-year-old and make all your problems go away.  It's so discordant.

• Love 2

How Phil can keep telling people to be their authentic selves, get real, you can't change what you won't acknowledge, tell the truth, etc ? It astonishes me that he shills Robin's lying crapola like it's a real thing to change how you look and age. How can he expect to be taken seriously when he continuously promotes this stuff? If he isn't secure in her "love" and "commitment" by now, he never will be. So why does he continue to do this? I'm asking because I'm really curious about his motivations when it's so obvious to anyone that this is just a load of you know what. What's wrong with aging gracefully, loving your life with your spouse, children and grandchildren and being grateful for your good fortune? I know I'm grateful for my life now and I surely don't look like I did 20 years ago and I'm just fine with that. That's just too damn much work and worry for me. 

• Love 5

I'll bet my last wrinkle that Robin looks like a whole different person when she removes all the spackling she wears on her face for her husbands show. Veneers, botox, fillers, Restalyn. Robin looks hideous. They probably haven't had sex for years. Robin might be extorting Phillip! Lol! I jest..don't sue me Robin!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I think Crystal with the live-in stalker has a huge problem with relationships and is sending him mixed messages... letting him stay, for example.

I agree. And she likes that he pays the bills.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I'll bet my last wrinkle that Robin looks like a whole different person when she removes all the spackling she wears on her face for her husbands show. Veneers, botox, fillers, Restalyn. Robin looks hideous. They probably haven't had sex for years. Robin might be extorting Phillip! Lol! I jest..don't sue me Robin!

I agree; Robin looks like a total freak IMO!

• Love 3
(edited)

I dvr the show and delete it when the weird stuff about face creams/drugs/diets comes on.  To me there's nothing uglier than a mature woman trying to look like a teenager.  Especially the ones who get botox and plastic surgery and lip fillers and boob implants and look like freakin' aliens.

Otoh, there's nothing more beautiful than a woman aging gracefully.  There's something magical about being around them.

Edited by Sup wit dat
  • Love 7
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:44 PM, Gam2 said:

Cooksdelight, I totally agree with what you've said. I do think that Leighton was more willing to get help but Mariah? Nope. They were both so messed up that they may never recover. And that mom? Yikes. At least, she is now acknowledging everything she did wrong but it may be too late. Such a sad story for all of them.

I think Mariah was more interested in arguing with her mom than getting any actual help.

13 hours ago, Sup wit dat said:

I dvr the show and delete it when the weird stuff about face creams/drugs/diets comes on.  To me there's nothing uglier than a mature woman trying to look like a teenager.  Especially the ones who get botox and plastic surgery and lip fillers and boob implants and look like freakin' aliens.

Otoh, there's nothing more beautiful than a woman aging gracefully.  There's something magical about being around them.

I whole heartedly agree. On one hand I think people have the right to do whatever they want with their bodies. But on the other, some folks who over do it ( plastic surgery, botox) look like their faces are made of plastic. And not just women, there's guys who over do it too.

I saw the episode with family who had the blonde daughter who was in a coma and then left the hospital to get more heroin. Once again for some odd reason Dr Phil tried to throw the mom of the family under the bus. "You gave her $20!" I'm sure the whole family has given her money at some point, why is he only criticizing the mom?

I also felt for the dad. He seemed so totally heart broken.

3 hours ago, ed2962 said:

On one hand I think people have the right to do whatever they want with their bodies. But on the other, some folks who over do it ( plastic surgery, botox) look like their faces are made of plastic. And not just women, there's guys who over do it too.

True, but selling creams as if it can make others look like they've had constant plastic surgeries is deceitful.

• Love 4

I felt bad for the mom of the blonde heroin addict.  She's the one who seemed heartbroken and unable to let go of the urge to help while seeming to have some level of understanding of the hopelessness of the situation.  Dad and especially Sister All-About-Me could pound pavement as far as I'm concerned.  Did they not hear this woman say she cared more about heroin than her own life?  She's willing to DIE for it, and they're whining about how she doesn't even care about her family and how much they love her?  She's a fucking ADDICT, try that on for size before you whine about how she doesn't care about you or how you feel or what you're going through.  At least Phool did try to get real with them about what addiction actually means, so good for him.  And no skin cream at the end, so he gets to keep those points.

• Love 2

We've been really behind on this show since my mother-in-law and nephew were out to visit for a week at Easter. We started watching the one with the heroin addict and her family. I just got fed up and decided I didn't care, anymore. I can't sympathize or even empathize with a drug addict; they got themselves into that situation and, even though they're unable to get themselves out of it, I just cannot muster any emotion or even willingness to help them. As for the family of a drug addict, I can empathize with them to a degree because nobody wants to give up on their loved one or accept that the situation is basically hopeless until the addict decides they want to change their life. We didn't even finish watching this episode; my wife intends to finish it later. Some time this week I'll watch the one about the 11 year old boy who got tricked into killing himself. And that's probably one of the last of the ones I've missed over the last month that I'm going to watch. I might catch a few here or there; it just depends on how much time the wife has to watch them and how much other TV she has to fill that time. (She generally has a show playing in the background while she does her work around the house.)

• Love 1

As someone who's had a drug addict in my family, I am conflicted about addicts. We try and try and try to help them; connect with them; have a rational, reasonable conversation with them, etc. You cannot do any of these things with an addict. You're talking with someone who's addicted to drugs/alcohol. You are not talking to that person. That's the hardest thing to remember and keep reminding yourself to do. At some point, you just have to cut them off and let them go down that road. When they're finally willing to get the help they need, you have to let go and let them do what they need to do to get well. Everyone gets totally worn out with the addict and just has to be done with him/her. It will kill that person or kill all of you. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Gam2 said:

As someone who's had a drug addict in my family, I am conflicted about addicts. We try and try and try to help them; connect with them; have a rational, reasonable conversation with them, etc. You cannot do any of these things with an addict. You're talking with someone who's addicted to drugs/alcohol. You are not talking to that person. That's the hardest thing to remember and keep reminding yourself to do. At some point, you just have to cut them off and let them go down that road. When they're finally willing to get the help they need, you have to let go and let them do what they need to do to get well. Everyone gets totally worn out with the addict and just has to be done with him/her. It will kill that person or kill all of you. 

Thank you for sharing this. I've never dealt with someone addicted to drugs and I have two uncles who were alcoholics; one of them managed to kill himself before getting to the point where he decided to get sober, but I was a young kid when that happened. So, my sense (from seeing how these things have worked out for other people) was that once someone is addicted, they're more or less completely on their own until they decide (and really want) to change, at which point helping them to get clean becomes somewhat feasible. And this is really why I can't sympathize or empathize with a drug addict; I simply do not understand the way they think (and I know it's the drugs largely doing the thinking for them).

• Love 1

You really can't help an addict. The more you try, the more he will take advantage of you and lie to you and even steal from you. At some point, you have to cut off all contact until HE decides to get help. When he proves himself to be serious about it, does the work, stays clean for awhile, you can slowly encourage and praise his sobriety. But it takes a very long time to rebuild trust and feel a bit confident that he is really living a clean life. It can and does happen, thank goodness. 

• Love 3

I watched the show today with Aaron Herndandez's "fiancé". I thought Phil asked very insightful questions in a respectful manner but thought she was being careful in her answers. Her baby daddy was a thug and murderer, in prison. I can understand that she wanted to believe that she loved a good man, had a baby with a good man who was a football star and made a lot of money. Their future looked bright and happy. She had no idea what this thug was doing when he was away from home. I just think she can't accept that he killed himself because he was going to spend the rest of his life in prison, had disappointed his family, his friends and his child. I believe that she knew one person but he was actually a totally different person. She and her daughter will have to live with this for the rest of their lives with no real resolution. Just sad all the way around. What a waste of a talented young man who just couldn't rise above his raising. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I watched the show today with Aaron Herndandez's "fiancé". I thought Phil asked very insightful questions in a respectful manner but thought she was being careful in her answers. Her baby daddy was a thug and murderer, in prison. I can understand that she wanted to believe that she loved a good man, had a baby with a good man who was a football star and made a lot of money. Their future looked bright and happy. She had no idea what this thug was doing when he was away from home. I just think she can't accept that he killed himself because he was going to spend the rest of his life in prison, had disappointed his family, his friends and his child. I believe that she knew one person but he was actually a totally different person. She and her daughter will have to live with this for the rest of their lives with no real resolution. Just sad all the way around. What a waste of a talented young man who just couldn't rise above his raising. 

I didn't watch it, but the reason she's being careful is because she doesn't want to give his victims' families any more ammunition than they already have. You see, in that state when you're convicted of a felony, then your first appeal is automatic. On top of that, if you die before the appeal can be completed, then your conviction is voided and you're declared to be innocent of the crime of which you were convicted in the first place. And that means that his victims' families are going to have a very, very, very hard time suing his estate for compensation for the murders he committed because there is now no criminal conviction. Aaron Hernandez knew all this, as evidenced by the fact he wrote her a letter just before he committed suicide and finished it with "And now you're rich". There's more in the letter than that that proves that he committed suicide for that very reason. I heard it on the radio and haven't gone and looked it up online, yet.

So, no, I don't believe for one second that she thinks he was "one person" when he was actually a "completely different person". She knows that if his victims' families are able to prove this in court, then she's going to lose a lot of money.

• Love 5

Aaron Hernandez was a thug who had no regard for anyone but himself.  He never owned up to the horrible things he did in his life.  He could have had the whole world  on a string but had to live that thug life.  His fiance has that no expression look, can't  believe she would be so stupid as to think he never committed any crimes.  As long as she was reaping the benefits of his money before he was originally arrested it was OK with her.  The answer she gave to Dr. Phil about the "you're  rich" comment from the note was ridiculous.  I'm originally from the next town over from where they are from.  I have no sympathy for him or her.

• Love 10

She was definitely coached on what to say. I laughed when she admitted to changing her name to Hernandez because she wanted her last name to be the same as her daughter's. Why didn't the thug marry her. She obviously hates Kennedy and maybe because there is truth to his claims.

As long as the money was there for her and her daughter she closed her eyes to what he was all about. A thug who happened to be a talented football player for one of the great NFL franchises. Now she wants his money and that was the most important thing on his mind when he wrote that letter. No remorse for anything just all about the money.

• Love 6

I refused to watch today's show because the words of Odin Lloyd's mother resonated with me. After Hernandez's suicide, reporters were pressed for a comment from her. She said, (and I know I'm badly paraphrasing here) "You're not here because you care anything about my son. You're only here because of the person who killed him."  I'd rather Phillip get back to Nigerian catfishers.

• Love 4
(edited)

Agree so much with what has been said.  One thing I would like to add....

I don't live in a mansion in Foxboro.  Far from it.  I live in a small home just a bit west of Boston and I still know what goes on under our roof.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that I find it extremely hard that she had no idea that her thug boyfriend was hanging around with other thugs!!  No way.  She'd prepare something for them to eat then retire to the library?  Yeah, right.

She had to have known what was what.  Disposing of a 50 pound package and didn't ask him once what was in it?  Again, yeah, right.  My husband will hand me the bathroom trash in a small bag for me to throw away in the larger trash can and there have been times when I asked his "what's this?'   Imagine if he asked me to throw out a 50 pound box in a dumpster after riding around for an hour.

Yeah, right.  She is so full of it.  

And for those in the know...has it been established that Kraft is going to hand over a bag of cash?  No moral clause? 

Edited by PsychoKlown

Hernandez asked her to get rid of a small box that mostly likely the gun was in.   What tells me that she knew she was disposing of the gun was the fact that she put the smaller box into a bigger box or garbage bag that she filled with baby clothes to cover up the gun.  She new there had been a murder and that Hernandez was being questioned about it.  She then gets a series of messages from him to get rid of whatever was in that box ASAP....and she did it.  There is video of her doing this along with the text messages of Hernandez's instructioning her to get rid of evidence.  Yet she gets on TV to deny everything.  Both she and Hernandez are sociopaths.  I feel so sorry for that poor little girl.

• Love 5

I had no idea of her involvement with his crimes/cover ups. I guess I wasn't paying attention to all of the news at that point. Sometimes, I just have to take a break. It's just too much. I didn't watch today after hearing your comments yesterday about her complicity in his crimes. If she took his gun out of the house and disposed of it, she's an accomplishment under the law. So she's after the money, right? Why do you all think she agreed to go on Dr. Phil? Does she think she's smarter than everyone who's watching this show and Shill? I have no doubt now that she's after the money for herself and her daughter. Her thought processes that she can pull this off now just boggles my mind. I've completely changed my mind about her after all of your comments. Thank for wising me up.

• Love 1

The fiancé (whatever her name is) is a total liar and a LOSER and a sociopath, just like Hernandez. She knew exactly what was going on. Aaron Hernandez was a TOTAL thug and guilty. He's dead - good.

• Love 4

What I did catch in-between prepping dinner was something that his family isn't chummy with her and they might go after his cash.

The image that comes to mind is a pack of jackals tearing at the money.

Let's hope they do sue, and Lloyd's family too.  Will make for good television but here in Boston the cases will cause Judge Judy to be preempted.

And one more time - she has as much blood on her hands as her thug "fiancé".

I think she's going to have a very hard time getting any money from the NFL. Or anywhere else. A legal expert on TV (forget his name) said as much, and referred to her involvement in the crime and how the families might want to persue going after her.

If anybody deserves his money, it's the victims' families.

• Love 5