Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

On 12/15/2020 at 11:30 AM, Madding crowd said:

On a online parent group I belong to, a woman is tracking the location of her son who is 22 years old and working full time. She says she will go crazy if she doesn’t know where he is 24 hours a day

She was probably the same woman who was crying, in JUNE, at the college Parents Gathering for my son at college.  And she lived in the same town!!!  I was like....."BYE!!!  Have fun and be sure to study!!!"

• Love 2

Helicopter parents aren't new.   There's also a worse type, Lawnmower parents.   The parents don't realize that their children need to learn to cope with life on their own, and their babying them is not doing them any favors. 

I love how Phil keeps saying he's a mandated reporter, when he's not licensed for years now, and in California, it's only licensed therapists.   Also, the state licensing board for psychologists said he's not doing therapy, it's only entertainment.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, iHateAmpersands said:

I learned something new when coming across the tail end of today's episode: Dr. Phil is a mandated reporter.

REALLY?  Wow we never would have known that had you not told us!

Love how he blackmails  helps people by telling them that.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 12/12/2020 at 3:50 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

12/14: Destruction of a Young Lady?

Scott and Tanya say they’ve witnessed a “complete destruction of a young lady,” referring to their 19-year-old daughter, Courtney. They claim she’s been completely brainwashed and manipulated by her 18-year-old boyfriend, who they claim has bad intentions. Courtney says this is absolutely not true and claims that her parents have done everything they can to invade her privacy, including tracking her phone, reading her text messages, eavesdropping on security cameras, and even flying halfway across the country while she was spending time with her boyfriend! Courtney says she wants her parents to trust her judgment, but her parents say they have genuine reasons for being concerned.

This was on OWN today.  Why did Dr. P spend the first 10 minutes talking about how wonderful Robin was while she glowed in the spotlight? I tell ya'll something is going on with all this sudden attention not involving her miracle cures.

• Useful 2
On 12/16/2020 at 8:16 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

I learned something new when coming across the tail end of today's episode: Dr. Phil is a mandated reporter.

Hmm. How is someone who's not an actual Doctor a mandated reporter?  

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, Kromm said:

Hmm. How is someone who's not an actual Doctor a mandated reporter?  

I get what you're saying specifically about "Dr." Phil, but . . .

Firefighters, camp administrators, lots of people are not doctors, but are mandated reporters under California law (where Dr. Phil is filmed).  Even people who develop films and photos for companies like Walmart are mandated reporters.

In some states ANYONE who sees potential abuse of a child qualifies as a mandated reporter.  Which - IMO - is how it SHOULD be.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Firefighters, camp administrators, lots of people are not doctors, but are mandated reporters under California law (where Dr. Phil is filmed).  Even people who develop films and photos for companies like Walmart are mandated reporters.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if, when Dr. P said "you know I am a mandated reporter," that the person fired back "so am I."

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Wouldn't it be hilarious if, when Dr. P said "you know I am a mandated reporter," that the person fired back "so am I."

At which point, Dr. Phil would fire back with, "Then why haven't YOU reported this?"

• Love 3
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

At which point, Dr. Phil would fire back with, "Then why haven't YOU reported this?"

"I'm not nearly as good as blackmailing people as you are."

(His ace is "if you don't do so-and-so I'm going to report you."  "Cause I'm a mandated reporter you know.").

Does the mandated reporter statute say you don't have to report something if they do what you want?

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 3

That's what I've been screaming at the TV every time he says he's a mandated reporter: THEN REPORT IT! Mandated reporter doesn't mean you can decide whether you want to report it depending on what the person says or promises to do. That's the "mandated" part, you dumbass.

I'm a mandated reporter under my state law because of a volunteer role I hold at my son's school. If I see signs of abuse, I have to report it. Period. I don't get the luxury of talking to the parent, trying to convince them to stop and improve, and then deciding I won't report it. What part of "mandated" does Dr. Phil not understand? 

• Love 8

I was browsing Reddit and found a Dr. Phil section.  A lady posted she was recently in the virtual audience and had to sit there for 7 hours while they taped.  The virtual audience also had to sit through a Coach Mike speech but they all got his free book as a reward.  One of the guests had a meltdown during a break and the "audience" got to watch that backstage.  She said it was a total waste of time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 12/19/2020 at 7:57 AM, parrotfeathers said:

I was browsing Reddit and found a Dr. Phil section.  A lady posted she was recently in the virtual audience and had to sit there for 7 hours while they taped.  The virtual audience also had to sit through a Coach Mike speech but they all got his free book as a reward.  One of the guests had a meltdown during a break and the "audience" got to watch that backstage.  She said it was a total waste of time.

This doesn’t surprise me one bit.

• Love 1

Anyone know if there's been an update about the young lady who claimed she was pregnant with Jesus Christ?

At this point in time I'm pretty sure she should have delivered Jesus by now. As far as I know Jesus has not visited me at all here in Southern California .

Anyway just wondered if there was an update on it cuz that girl was weird and I haven't seen Jesus in my neck of the woods nor heard of his birth and the second coming.

WARNING: We get a double dose of Coach Mike this coming week.

1/4: Exclusive: 16 and Charged with Murder: Parents Claim She is the Victim

Zephaniah “Zephi” Trevino, a junior in high school, was a pitcher for her softball team. She had just made the drill team and was looking forward to singing in her church choir. But now, the 17-year-old is facing capital murder and aggravated robbery charges for a fatal robbery at a Texas apartment complex. Her parents, Crystal and Henry, claim their daughter was being sex trafficked by the man who pulled the trigger, Philip Baldenegro. Philip’s attorney, David Finn, denies that his client is a sex trafficker and claims Zephi and Philip were in a consensual boyfriend-girlfriend relationship, and that Zephi was the mastermind behind the robbery. In an exclusive interview, Dr. Phil sits down with the teen and her parents. Plus, Zephi’s attorney, Justin Moore, talks about the case.

1/5: “Save My Lazy Grandson Before I Make Him Homeless!”

Michelle says she is at her wits’ end with her jobless 22-year-old grandson, Conner, who, according to her, isn’t just lazy but has “failed to launch.” Michelle claims Conner, who has lived with her for the last year, does not regularly shower, brush his teeth, shave, clean his room or change his clothes. He also has never met his girlfriend of five years in person because, according to Michelle, “That would involve having to leave the house.” Conner says Michelle is overreacting and that at 22, he “shouldn’t have life figured out.” He says he hasn’t yet met his girlfriend in person because of finances. Conner’s mother, Jamie, says she agrees Conner is lazy but believes her mother Michelle is making matters worse by being too strict on him. Dr. Phil arranges for Conner to have a one-on-one session with life development Mike Bayer to understand why Conner may be struggling to launch, and discusses his new book, One Decision. Will Conner accept the help offered to him? Tune in to find out!

1/6: “Help! Do I Choose My Fiancé or My Son?!”

Stephani says she’s being put between the ultimate rock and a hard place by her fiancé, Buck. Stephani says Buck will no longer allow her 16-year-old son, Steven, to live in their home because he believes Steven is disrespectful, angry and a “horrible influence” on their four other children. Buck says Steven has “ripped the family in half,” and he simply cannot allow him to live in his home ever since he waved a handgun in his siblings’ faces! Since Buck won’t allow Steven back in the house, Stephani says she’s 100% ready to move to Florida, where Steven is currently living with her 23-year-old half-brother, James. But if she does, Buck says the wedding would be off! Can Dr. Phil help Stephani make what she calls an “impossible choice”? Find out!

1/7: New Year ... New You

It is finally a new year … and Dr. Phil kick starts 2021 by giving advice to guests who say they’re ready for some major changes but need help getting motivated. Danielle says she hopes to lose her 2020 weight gain in 2021, but says it’s difficult to get off of her couch and start exercising – especially now that she is working remotely from home due to COVID-19 restrictions. Bob says his 17-year-old son, Chaz, thinks creating prank videos for social media is his answer to finding fame and fortune. Chaz claims people love his videos and says he needs to focus on this as his creative outlet instead of going to college in the fall. Bob asks Dr. Phil to convince his son otherwise. Finally, Nataliya, a divorced mom, asks Dr. Phil how she can find love in 2021. Life development coach and New York Times bestselling author, Mike Bayer, gives advice to each guest, along with Dr. Phil, and discusses his new book, One Decision.

1/8: “Mom Made Our Lives a Living Hell”

Katrina wrote in for help because she claims her mom, Monica, is a liar and manipulative, has an explosive temper, can’t function as an adult, and is almost homeless. She claims she’s had to become the parent to her younger siblings, who are constantly being put in adult situations. She and her younger siblings, Laron and Adrianna, say Dr. Phil is the family’s last hope to get their mom to start acting like a mom again before they cut her out of their lives for good. Monica says she’s ready to lay everything on the table. Is she really ready to get real? Find out!

Unfortunately, Dr. Phil's New Years resolution was not "I will stop doing shows on angry, violent sons and kids who want to be internet stars".

Edited by iHateAmpersands
  • LOL 3
11 minutes ago, iHateAmpersands said:

discusses his new book, One Decision.

Well imagine that.  I wonder if mysonjay, the favored one, had something to do with the publishing.

Well my One Decision is to forgo next week's revolting episodes.

But my best advice for Buck is to say bye Felicia to Stephani.  That's probably the best decision he will ever make.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

1/5: “Save My Lazy Grandson Before I Make Him Homeless!”

I would love to see a follow-up on this, it just might work out.  Grandson says his first priority is his girlfriend, so maybe moving to live with girlfriend's friend will give him the motivation to kick-start a productive life, by trying to please/impress her.  It's a fresh start and at least he's out of mom's and grandma's house and they should definitely change the locks and not allow him back.  Enough is enough already. 

Friday's episode has been replaced with (likely) the first Classic Dr. Phil episode:

Classic "Dr. Phil": Roles in Marriage

Dr. Phil looks at the roles of married couples. You may think her job looks easy, and she may think you don’t do a thing all day! Dr. Phil puts his marriage to the test by switching daily routines with his wife, Robin. Can they handle the daily grind of each other’s lives? It’s not as easy as it looks to walk in your spouse’s shoes. You may even walk away from today’s episode with a little better perspective.

Dr. Phil and his wife Robin trade roles for this show. It's a "first" when Dr. Phil takes a trip to the grocery store, does the laundry, and bakes a cake (or at least tries to)! How did Dr. Phil do? See for yourself!

While Dr. Phil and Robin have come up with a division of labor that works for them, these couples turn to Dr. Phil for help.

When he comes home, Kenny feels entitled to kick his feet up, drink a beer, and watch TV. His wife works full time, and after 10 years of marriage, she's on the verge of calling it quits.

"What'd you do between 3:00 and 6:00?" Mark asks his fiancé when dinner isn't made. "His fantasy would be for me to have the house spotless, waiting with dinner in hand, a beer, in my little French maid outfit," says Molly.

Deb thinks her husband should expect dinner when he gets home, and shouldn't be washing dishes or doing laundry. When he pitches in around the house, she feels like he's taking away from her contribution, and she gets angry.

Zap2It says the date of this episode is from November 6, 2002.

On 1/7/2021 at 7:43 AM, parrotfeathers said:

I swear she is testing the waters for her to take the reins for the show.  

That might be possible but I only watch because of Phil. I can't see Robin being successful taking over.

But anything is possible. I hope Phil is not battling health issues. Today's show is a repeat from 2006! 

Edited by chenoa333
3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I hope Phil is not battling health issues.

I don't wish him to suffer from health issues.  I just think it's time for him to hang up his mandated reporter suspenders.  He was barely shuffling off the stage today.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

And I’m tired of seeing her frozen face and huge fake teeth while she lisps through the scripted and read monologue. Give it up people. Your time to fade into the sunset has arrived. Bye.

• Love 2
On 12/14/2020 at 6:07 PM, parrotfeathers said:

And WHY do the chairs need to be so tall they need a lift fork to climb in?

I despise those chairs!!  Every season I think to myself he's got to see how ridiculous people look with their feet dangling from the chair like a 3 year old and change them.  NOPE!  

They have a foot stool for short people to climb up on the chair.  Peeps feet dangle, swing, and look so awkward.

On the few shows he has regular chairs or couches on everyone looks so much more comfortable. I've noticed he has regular chairs on when the guests are on the heavy side as they won't fit in the high chairs. I imagine that makes the guests feel great!  They're thinking oh great they have to use a different chair for me because I'm fat! UGH!! Yep, that's it they look like high chairs for kids, their feet dangle from a high chair!

image.png.9a28d8da23307f5ddfdc5bb4ddd63c85.pngimage.png.4ad2ca4b340e0a882a47f01fd80d76aa.png

• Love 1

Good news about this week's episodes: we get a love-scam two-parter.

Bad news about this week's episodes: we get another angry, violent (adopted) son.

1/11: “Is My 2-Year Marriage to My Nigerian ‘Husband’ A Complete Sham?”

Sherry, 50, says she flew to Nigeria two years ago to marry her boyfriend, David, 37, in Abuja, Nigeria. She says he promised to move to the United States to be with her and live happily ever after, but after multiple attempts to apply for a visa to the U.S., David is still 6,000 miles away from her in Nigeria. Sherry claims she spent thousands of dollars to pay for visa applications and living expenses for David, but all she has after two years is a pile of excuses and suspicions that he may be love scamming her. She says David’s last visa turned out to be a fake, and now, she needs to know if his intentions are true, if her marriage is real, and if David is ever going to make it to America. Is Sherry being love scammed? Dr. Phil finds out when he speaks to David from Nigeria.

1/12: Will Sherry Stay with Her Nigerian Husband?

Sherry says she and David married in Nigeria two years ago, and now, she says she needs to know if David is ever coming to America. Dr. Phil’s team was in Nigeria, where they investigated whether Sherry’s marriage certificate was real or a fake, just like David’s last visa attempt. Also, hear from Sherry’s sister Robin, who says that she suspects their marriage is a scam. Dr. Phil speaks to an immigration attorney who gives his take on David’s visa issues. Will Sherry stay with David?

1/13: “How Do I Raise a Child That is a Monster?”

Anna says she feels completely defeated by her adopted 11-year-old son’s behavior. She says she feels as if she’s raising a monster who is only getting bigger and stronger! Anna says she’s terrified for the other children living in her home and fears that her son may seriously hurt someone if things don’t change now. Anna says she has exhausted all options to get his behavior under control and says she fears the only option left is to reverse the adoption – but is it?

1/14: “My Ex-Husband Believes He’s Being Tortured Electromagnetically"

Fay says for the past 13 years, her now ex-husband, Bryan, claims he’s been tortured daily by electromagnetic frequencies by the mysterious “Them.” She claims he spends his days combatting his “non-stop torment” by strategically placing magnets on his body and around his home, wearing plastic soda bottle rings on his fingers and toes, and ripping out all electronics! Bryan says he believes any electrical device, from a ceiling fan or car radio to his refrigerator, can be turned against him and used as a torture device. Are “They” really out to get Bryan? Or, as Fay believes, is he just suffering from paranoid delusions due to his past extensive drug use? Dr. Phil is joined by Dr. Sanam Hafeez and Dr. Lisa Nagy to examine just what exactly is happening to Bryan. You don’t want to miss it!

1/15: Classic “Dr. Phil”: Dr. Phil’s How To (originally aired on 9/20/2002)

A mom wants to be a better parent. A wife can’t get her husband off the couch. A husband just can’t seem to please his finicky wife. What do all these people have in common? Dr. Phil gives them what they need to put their lives back on track in the “How To ...” episode. No matter what the issue or situation, we all share problems that keep us from leading a happier, healthier life. Tune in and find yourself in these courageous guests as they face their own battles with the help of Dr. Phil. Appointment television you won’t want to miss.

On 12/19/2020 at 7:57 AM, parrotfeathers said:

Never go to a taping of any show. It’s an incredible waste of time. Ridiculous amounts of waiting time (pre COVID). It seems like it will be fun but NO just No. I went to a taping of Harry Connick in NYC a couple of years ago. I had an in with a staff member who is a friend. I live in NYC. He kept telling me how much fun I would have. Spent about 4 hours total. Ugh. Never again. 

There is nothing wrong with looking forward to a catfish episode, or even the reruns on OWN.     It's entertaining, nobody gets hurt (just ends up broke), and the delusion with the 'victims' is hysterical.   

I've been known to watch the reruns more than once, especially the man who had four or five girlfriends in Mexico, and the lady who was on the two part one that turned on everyone on the show, including Phil (was her name Kay?). 

My guess is no matter what the victim says about believing their love muffin is fake and scamming them, the victim doesn't believe it.    Some of the so-called victims are part of the scam, with money laundering, and sending other people's money to the scammer.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

It's entertaining,

That's what Dr. P has been for years--entertaining.  If someone has a violent teen who has exhibited horrible behavior and is becoming violent one hour with Dr. P and/or Coach Mike and 10 hours of doctorondemand is not going to be a magical cure.  And the viewing public does not want to see more screaming spoiled children.  All it does is make women want to get sterilized.

• Love 2

Very annoyed that he took two days to get that immigration attorney on. I work with some immigration lawyers and I knew from the get go that they were not following the proper procedures and it was fake. She will continue being catfished. 

But why did she go on the show in the first place?  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

And the viewing public does not want to see more screaming spoiled children.  All it does is make women want to get sterilized.

Makes me very pleased that I chose not to have kids. 

This wasn't the best catfish episode Phil has done but I still found it watchable. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 1
On 1/10/2021 at 1:13 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

1/13: “How Do I Raise a Child That is a Monster?”

Anna says she feels completely defeated by her adopted 11-year-old son’s behavior. She says she feels as if she’s raising a monster who is only getting bigger and stronger!

I watched this for the first 30 minutes, so I missed what Phil advised for this nightmare child.  Bootcamp, psychiatric eval, tough love, give him back to adoption agency?

10 hours ago, patty1h said:

I watched this for the first 30 minutes, so I missed what Phil advised for this nightmare child.  Bootcamp, psychiatric eval, tough love, give him back to adoption agency?

I had recorded it while watching something else.  I also made it about the same amount of time before zipping to the end.  Dr. Phil and Dr. Sophie are going to help the family find official resources for the child to be deeply tested and treated.  Apparently, Dr. Phil's partner doctors/ranches are still shut down, so he's not sending them to Texas to have the child's brain scanned neuro guy.  All they're getting is a list and maybe a couple of phone calls from Dr. Phil's production staff.

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, patty1h said:

On a regular basis I finish watching and think "now, HOW did that end???"  I don't really watch as carefully as I used to.

And, I may have missed it, but where was Phil's admonishment about being a "mandated reporter" and the mom is allowing her other children/grandchildren to be harmed by this one kid?  How is this abusive boy any different than an abusive parent???? The poor other kids are living in constant fear of being attacked and threatened with violence.

• Love 2
On 1/10/2021 at 12:13 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

1/14: “My Ex-Husband Believes He’s Being Tortured Electromagnetically"

Saw this today courtesy of DVR.  I really feel for the guy since he doesn't seem to be faking it.  Robin had a really nice speaking part also.  She started clapping like a giddy toddler and said (paraphrasing) "good for you not putting up with this you deserve better" when the woman said she wasn't going to stay in the same house with him anymore (it's her house what is she going to do?).   

Also in the last few episodes noticed "her" camera now switches to her full front face mode--not the side camera which definitely was unflattering  (not that the frontal is photogenic either).

And those "behind the scenes" countdowns.  ON IN 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 -1 and then points at the screen as if she's ET or something.

47 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

She started clapping like a giddy toddler and said (paraphrasing) "good for you not putting up with this you deserve better"

Right before she said the above as she was clapping she said "oh thank you, this man is brilliant" (referring to Phil). 🙄

My BIL is paranoid schizophrenic. While it's somewhat controlled by therapy and meds, I saw so many similarities with the ex-husband on the show. It IS REAL for them. You can't explain that it's irrational, so get over it. I found this show disgustingly exploitive of someone with severe mental illness. 

• Love 3

The third week of 2021 for the Dr. Phil show includes a hoarder, the episode that was supposed to be on a week ago and his latest obsession:

1/18: “My Hoarder Father Refuses to Clean Out Our Junk Filled, Bug Infested Home!”

Laurie says her dad, John, is in “total denial” about being an absolutely terrible hoarder. She says every room in the house is piled to the ceiling with “junk,” including the garage, where she claims she once found a “mummified kitten!” To top it off, Laurie claims the downstairs has a horrible bed bug infestation! John says his daughter is just as big of a mess as he is, has destroyed her room, and absolutely refuses to help him clear out the mess. But the junk-filled house is only the surface level of the toxicity in this home. Laurie’s ex-fiancé, Billy, also lives in the house! Laurie claims Billy is constantly getting “blackout drunk” and getting in fights with her and her father. Can Dr. Phil get to the root of the dysfunction in this home and start to clean up this mess? Find out!

1/19: "17, Violent and Headed to a Group Home"

Tanya claims her 17-year-old son has explosive anger, is out-of-control and addicted to video games – and says within the past 10 days alone, she’s called the police three times in fear of her safety. Tanya says, worst of all, her son’s violent outbursts have rubbed off on his 8-year-old brother, who is now mimicking his behavior. Tanya says she has tried everything to intervene but feels like a prisoner in her own home. On the flip side, Tanya’s son says his mom is overbearing – and even her voice is triggering. He says the only problem is when he gets angry, he blacks out and can’t control his outbursts … until it’s too late. Tanya says she wants Dr. Phil’s advice before she’s forced to do the unthinkable: send her son away for good to a group home. Where do these two go from here? Find out today.

1/20 “Mom Made Our Lives a Living Hell”

Katrina wrote in for help because she claims her mom, Monica, is a liar and manipulative, has an explosive temper, can’t function as an adult, and is almost homeless. She claims she’s had to become the parent to her younger siblings, who are constantly being put in adult situations. She and her younger siblings, Laron and Adrianna, say Dr. Phil is the family’s last hope to get their mom to start acting like a mom again before they cut her out of their lives for good. Monica says she’s ready to lay everything on the table. Is she really ready to get real? Find out! [This episode was originally scheduled to air on January 8th.]

1/21: “My Family is Sabotaging My Life and My Inheritance”

Natalie claims her inheritance has been completely sabotaged by her sister, Pascale, and mother, Mimi! She says they both claim she became “aggressive” with their family friend, Harry, who she was the live-in caretaker for. Natalie says she was wrongfully arrested and charged for crimes of elder abuse and battery, and her mom and sister are the ones to blame. Natalie says she has since been kicked out of Harry’s home and been served a restraining order against him, and feels like everyone is treating her as if she’s a “murderer”! Pascale, Mimi and Harry all tell a different story. Who is really to blame?

1/22: Classic “Dr. Phil”: Addicted To

Addiction, a disastrous condition that takes on other forms than drugs and alcohol. Meet a “work-a-holic,” “food-a-holic,” and“shop-a-holic.” Listen up as Dr. Phil gets to the real reasons behind his guests’ addictive behaviors. As Dr. Phil puts it, “Addiction serves a purpose.” Witness their dramatic revelations when the issues driving their compulsive behavior are uncovered, and learn what it will take to get their habits under control. [This episode originally aired on 10/18/2002.]

Edited by iHateAmpersands
9 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

Tanya claims her 17-year-old son has explosive anger, is out-of-control and addicted to video games – and says within the past 10 days alone, she’s called the police three times in fear of her safety.

Didn't we just see this kid's twin last week?

• Love 1

I'm done with Dr. Phil.  I had not watched for years, and I tuned in for a couple.  Same problems.  Never any resolution, distorted story telling, never any followup.  I was looking forward to the hoarding episode, but it was terrible. 

This was the reason I stopped watching  years ago.  He gets people on the hot seat, but it is only an initial surface exploration of the problem. 

On 12/16/2020 at 10:50 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

She was probably the same woman who was crying, in JUNE, at the college Parents Gathering for my son at college.  And she lived in the same town!!!  I was like....."BYE!!!  Have fun and be sure to study!!!"

If I had cried when my son moved (only) 500 miles for college (film school), it would have been because I WANTED TO GO TO FILM SCHOOL !!!   He had a great time...and even got work in his profession.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, GussieK said:

I'm done with Dr. Phil.

I'm sort of using it as a card game.  What will happen first:  

I'm a mandated reporter.  Mysonjay.  Dr. on demand.  I own Dr. on demand.  My wife Robin.  Robin's shocked expressions like she's been living in a convent.  Robin's make up (which they've seemed to quit pushing as much).  Robin's podcast.  Coach Mike.  Will he wear his tennis shoes or regular shoes.  And on and on.

Am I the only one thinking they've started using that type of camera lens on Robin they do in the film industry to soften the look?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 1/17/2021 at 11:29 AM, iHateAmpersands said:

Tanya claims her 17-year-old son has explosive anger, is out-of-control and addicted to video games – and says within the past 10 days alone, she’s called the police three times in fear of her safety. Tanya says, worst of all, her son’s violent outbursts have rubbed off on his 8-year-old brother, who is now mimicking his behavior. Tanya says she has tried everything to intervene but feels like a prisoner in her own home. On the flip side, Tanya’s son says his mom is overbearing – and even her voice is triggering. He says the only problem is when he gets angry, he blacks out and can’t control his outbursts … until it’s too late. Tanya says she wants Dr. Phil’s advice before she’s forced to do the unthinkable: send her son away for good to a group home. Where do these two go from here? Find out today.

I watched/FF this while feeding the dogs this morning.   Of course Dr. P blamed Mom.   What I got out of it was him saying "back off when he gets pissy."   

• Love 1