Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, iHateAmpersands said:

If you haven't gotten around to watching it yet, Dr. Phil takes a break from David the Dum-Dum and briefly does a health-related segment about halfway through the show before coming back on to finish the rest.

I wouldn't have called it a "health-related segment."  Given that it was sponsored by medicareadvantage.com, I'd call it an infomercial.  Disgraceful.

Back to David . . . can you believe that idiot started in on Angelica and her sister - believing that THEY were the catfishers?  His reality is not anyone else's.  And with his swift turnaround to wanna-be loving father, I suspect that he's a scam artist on his own.  He's just not smart enough to figure out how to make money from strangers for his efforts.  I hope Shelby is smart enough to answer every request he makes for money with "I love you, Dad.  No."

• Love 2
17 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Back to David . . . can you believe that idiot started in on Angelica and her sister - believing that THEY were the catfishers?  His reality is not anyone else's. 

I actually re-wound that part, because I couldn't believe David started in on Angelica and her sister, saying that they need to "find God" and that they "can't treat people like that." I couldn't believe what Dr. Phil told him (Angelica had her photos stolen, she was the woman in the photos but not "Maria," etc., went right over David's head. Or, he's so delusional he refused to believe it. I found David to be a real doofus and you're right, a scammer in his own way. Talk about an about-face when all of a sudden he pretended to be a loving father.

Good grief, man, you're an idiot.

I fast forwarded through that stupid medicare "segment" smack dab in the middle of the show. Talk about classless. 

But, once again, I set my DVR to record today's episode about another catfish. My love life is a disaster, but at least I've met every guy in my life that I've dated. Some eded up being idiots, but they were 100% real and I never gave them any money. LIFE IS GOOD. 

• Love 1

Yeah, just when you think you've seen it all with these catfish victims, along comes David. One of the DUMBEST human beings I've ever seen. 

Along with all of the previous posters comments about Davids reaction to the woman he thought was "Maria" he actually made some perverted comment to that young lady about " I know now you're not Maria but would you like to go on a date?" or something like that. Those twins almost vomited on national TV when he said that. I think we all wanted to vomit. What a f'n loser. I feel sad for his daughter that she's stuck with that POS for a father

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

I actually re-wound that part, because I couldn't believe David started in on Angelica and her sister, saying that they need to "find God" and that they "can't treat people like that." I couldn't believe what Dr. Phil told him (Angelica had her photos stolen, she was the woman in the photos but not "Maria," etc., went right over David's head. Or, he's so delusional he refused to believe it. I found David to be a real doofus and you're right, a scammer in his own way. Talk about an about-face when all of a sudden he pretended to be a loving father.

Things we know about David:

• He left his wife and child when the wife was on her deathbed, and flew off to Italy with another woman.
  • That relationship no longer exists.  (I suspect he was a scammer then, and when the Italian honey found out that he wasn't all he claimed to be, she shipped him back to the USA.)
  • All of the money he sent to "Maria" through her German/Nigerian attorney was to secure her multi-million-dollar "inheritance."  So he considered it an investment in his OWN future, not just hers and her daughter's.
  • As soon as he realized he'd been out-conned, his song changed.  "Shelby, I'm so proud of you.  I'd spend $38 to come and see YOU.  Then he mentions going to the soup kitchen sometimes because he didn't have enough money for groceries.  So:  "I'm poor, you're great, I'd love to see you."  RUN SHELBY!!!
5 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Yeah, just when you think you've seen it all with these catfish victims, along comes David. One of the DUMBEST human beings I've ever seen. 

So dumb that he doesn't know how dumb he is.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1

I wouldn't have called it a "health-related segment."  Given that it was sponsored by medicareadvantage.com, I'd call it an infomercial.  Disgraceful.

Back to David . . . can you believe that idiot started in on Angelica and her sister - believing that THEY were the catfishers?  His reality is not anyone else's.  And with his swift turnaround to wanna-be loving father, I suspect that he's a scam artist on his own.  He's just not smart enough to figure out how to make money from strangers for his efforts.  I hope Shelby is smart enough to answer every request he makes for money with "I love you, Dad.  No."

Shelby should change her door locks, and invest in a call blocker for her phone, and block David on everything else.    Never even letting him in her home would be a good idea, or he'll never leave, and start claiming tenant's rights so she can't evict him. 

• Love 3

On yesterday's Episode 1 (of 3) of the saga of Sammie the Scammer, Phil looked like he could barely walk off stage.  Robin wasn't holding his hand . . . she was practically serving as a cane.  I wonder - with his diabetes - if he now has peripheral neuropathy.

I saw the rerun of part 1 of 3 of the scamming woman, who is probably a guy in Nigeria.    When Dr. Phil showed the woman in Sweden who had her picture used, and David started talking about she should be ashamed of what she did, and needed Jesus, then I wanted to punch him.    That woman, and her sister are no way connected to the "woman" that scammed that fool David, and he will never believe he was scammed.   

• Love 4

I don't know who needs to hear this, but if it is being shilled on Dr. Shill's show, do not buy it. Cough Cough-these Medicare plans. Don't do it. These commercials are non-stop-Shill, Joe Namath...there are others but they are on 24/7. If they have the money to do that much advertising, someone is being scammed. See also For Profit Colleges.

• Love 2

On yesterday's Episode 1 (of 3) of the saga of Sammie the Scammer, Phil looked like he could barely walk off stage.  Robin wasn't holding his hand . . . she was practically serving as a cane.  I wonder - with his diabetes - if he now has peripheral neuropathy.

He appeared very compromised walking off the stage.  Also notice Robin is also always on his left blocking the view.  He looked as if he was in a lot of pain.  I didn't know he was diabetic.  If he has neuropathy in his feet even I feel sorry for him.

5 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I don't know who needs to hear this, but if it is being shilled on Dr. Shill's show, do not buy it. Cough Cough-these Medicare plans. Don't do it. These commercials are non-stop-Shill, Joe Namath...there are others but they are on 24/7. If they have the money to do that much advertising, someone is being scammed. See also For Profit Colleges.

Suze Orman had a great podcast on last week about medicare advantage plans and explained how they were not good for most people.  

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 2

Today's episode included an update with Jeremi, the ex-wife of one of the most unsympathetic catfish victims in Dr. Phil history (start here to refresh your memories). She is now living in a small house that she was able to pay for with the money raised from GoFundMe (around $80,000 the first time and over $100,000 when the episodes were repeated); no update on what ended up happening to her ex, but I'm going to assume he's still an arrogant jerk and still getting scammed.

And of course, the show ended early so that they could do a sponsored ad for RoC*.

*What happened to Robin's Revelations? Neither that nor Dr. Phil's podcast have been mentioned in ages.

Edited by iHateAmpersands
On 11/18/2020 at 10:42 AM, AZChristian said:

And as another poster mentioned, Phil is now wearing some type of tennis shoes/sneakers instead of dress shoes. 

I hope he's doing ok health wise. I didn't know he was diabetic. I know he doesn't drink alcohol or smoke and he probably eats very healthy foods. 

I know lots of people can't stand him. But I like him. It's Robin and her "skin care" products that annoy me. 

I got a very distinct vibe of complete arrogance from DumDum David. Does he ever look in a mirror? His long white thin hair, skinny looking face. Gross. Why on earth would a young beautiful woman want THAT.  Most beautiful young woman are with older billionaire men, or they're with beautiful looking men their own age. David is ugly, stupid, arrogant and pervy. 

• Love 4

This "political differences" show is garbage. I haven't watched the whole thing but they (as usual) are missing the point. White dude with handlebar mustache (I would disown him for that) has nothing to lose under a Trump presidency. His daughter does. if Trump were deriding white dude's with icky mustaches, he would be all up in arms, but when he derides women he is AOK with that because-businessman.   Maybe I am projecting but I suspect that knowing her father supports a monster makes her feel less safe with him. I totally get it.

Regarding Phil and his tennis shoes or limping. Anytime I start to feel any sympathy for him, he tries to shill some useless nonsense or worse, becomes a well paid shill Medicare Advantage Plans. He doesn't give a fuck about us, why should I give a fuck about him.  I would bet my bottom dollar whatever health problem he has is being treated with the best medicines and the best doctors and it is not being billed to any garbage Medicare Advantage Plan.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Love 2

I realized a few days ago that Shill hadn’t promoted his podcast in quite a while but he’s shilling the crap out of Robin’s podcast. I wouldn’t watch/listen to either one of them if I didn’t have anything else to watch/listen to. She’s a huge phony and those glasses! Have some dignity, woman. 

• Love 2

Next week:

11/23: TeenRager

Dr. Phil meets a family that says they are pushed to the edge by their youngest member: 13-year-old Jonelle, whose fits of rage and anger have resulted in kicking a hole in the kitchen wall, smashing a phone, and even being admitted to a mental health facility. Jonelle’s mother, Jennifer, reached out to Dr. Phil for help with her raging teen daughter, who she says is mourning the loss of her father who died suddenly last year. Dr. Phil analyzes video footage of Jonelle’s explosive rage at home to see what clues there are to help her find a calmer way to communicate. Also joining the conversation is Jonelle’s 19-year-old sister, Chloe, who says Jonelle’s anger attacks have left her in tears. Watch while Jonelle’s older sister Makenzie tells Dr. Phil that despite being Jonelle’s favorite, even she is not immune to her youngest sister’s volatile temper. Will Dr. Phil be able to help Jonelle curb her unbridled emotions? Tune in to find out!

11/24: “I Blame My Brother for Putting Me in Jail for 24 Years!”

Sixty-nine-year-old Patricia says she missed out on so much of her life during the 24 years that she spent in prison after a conviction for murdering her ex-husband. Patricia, who was recently released on compassionate grounds, continues to insist that she did not commit the crime, and she claims that her brother Ishmael provided false testimony that helped convict her. Yet, Ishmael claims that authorities twisted his words to make a case against Patricia. He says since that time, he has been shunned by most of his family. Emotions get heated as Patricia and Ishmael face each other for the first time in over two decades to try to resolve past events that Patricia says changed her life forever.

11/25: A Brother and Sister Face Off

Patricia was the first person serving a life sentence who Governor Newsom released from prison due to COVID-19. Today, at age 69, Patricia says she feels like she has missed out on so much of her life and blames her brother, Ishmael, who is seeing his sister for the first time on Dr. Phil. Patricia was tried and convicted of murdering her son, Quincey’s, father 24 years ago despite her continued insistence that she did not commit the crime. She claims Ishmael lied in court, which led to her conviction. But Ishmael says he never lied – he claims authorities twisted his words. Patricia’s grandson, Suge Knight Jr., the son of former Death Row Records CEO Suge Knight, stands by his grandmother and makes a plea for prison reform.

11/24: Burning Questions: From A to Gen Z

Originally aired 9/30/2020

11/25: Missing TV Producer: Where is Terrence Woods?

When a successful TV producer mysteriously disappeared in the Idaho wilderness, his friends and family were left with nothing but questions.

Bizarre Catfish rerun on OWN today.    A woman named Kourtney was Catfished by someone named Dylan.  It turns out that the photo and profiles were stolen from someone named Daniel.    Then, someone named Victoria contacts Kourtney, and says she was catfished too by the same man.    Then Victoria knows someone named Ron who goes after Catfish scammers, and has some internet consulting company.    Then Victoria claims the man named Daniel is who she thinks is the Catfish scammer, so she sends emails claiming she's boinking Daniel, to his girlfriend, she calls his sister claiming she's a nurse and needs information to tell the doctor about Daniel.    Sister blabs stuff, and so Victoria finds out both Dylan and Daniel are allergic to some animals, which Victoria claims is a rare condition (1 in a million), which it isn't.       

Then it turns out that Ron, the internet guru, has no website, or online presence, except a bunch of phony profiles (females, and males) on internet dating sites.    Then Ron claims to be connected with the L.A. district attorney's office, and they have representatives at the show, and say they've never heard of him.    My guess, Ron is the catfish, and Victoria is helping him.        Victoria and Ron try to deflect this focus on them, by claiming Daniel is the real Catfish scammer.     V & R have both sent disgusting stuff threatening Daniel, his family, and his girlfriend.   Ron and Victoria have both called family members, and Daniel's girlfriend threatening them.    

TeenRager:  Why, why, WHY did I bother to sit through this????  I heard the same blood-curdling scream at least 30 times.  Bring teen out, she cries, Dr. Phil says I'm going to gift you with free Dr. on Demand sessions, that's it.  He gets a television show for THIS?!?!?!  I know, I know, it's my own fault for watching.  I'm going to think extra twice next time. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
Just now, suzeecat said:

TeenRager:  Why, why, WHY did I bother to sit through this????  I heard the same blood-curdling scream at least 30 times.  Bring teen out, she cries, Dr. Phil says I'm going to gift you with free Dr. on Demand sessions, that's it.  He gets a television show for THIS?!?!?!  I know, I know, it's my own fault for watching.  I'm going to think extra twice next time. 

About the only DP episodes I watch these days are the catfish . . . because of the delusion of the guests and the fact that Phil hires people to go to the catfish addresses to prove there's nothing there.

• Love 3

Another boring, cliched week of Dr. Phil:

11/30: “My Rapper Son Needs a Reality Check”

Twenty-two-year-old Noah says he suffers from crippling low self-esteem and ADHD, which has led to drinking alcohol and smoking weed daily. Noah’s mother, Heidi, says Noah is a promising rapper with a bright future, but he is throwing it away. Noah’s Uncle John says he is often disgusted by Noah’s selfish behavior. Watch while Dr. Phil challenges Noah on his outlook and behavior. Also, a mystery celebrity from the rap world appears and makes Noah an offer he can't refuse. Tune in to find out what it is! [Is that mystery celebrity friends with Dr. Phil? (Maybe) tune in to find out!]

12/1: Daughter Searches for Missing Mom

A daughter’s desperate search for answers. What really happened to her missing mom? Ellie claims her father initially told her that her mother was hospitalized in a mental institution and later died there, but later changed his story. Ellie is determined to solve her mother’s mysterious disappearance.

12/2: My Son Was 5 Years Old and Stabbed 3 Family Members, Now I’m a Hostage in My Home!”

Victoria says she’s had major behavioral issues with her son ever since he was 5 years old when he stabbed three family members. Flash forward to today, and Victoria says her now 14-year-old teenage son, DJ, is violent, angry, and out of control. Victoria says she’s called the police on DJ over 50 times and locks herself in her bedroom at night because he regularly attacks and threatens her! Victoria says she’s just trying to survive living in a house with her son, and therefore, she gives in to his every demand. Can Dr. Phil figure out what is making DJ so angry? Find out!

12/3: “Grandma vs. Mom: Give Me Back My Daughter”

Gabe admits, due to an addiction to drugs, she hasn’t always made the best choices. She says she used heroin during her pregnancy, which resulted in her daughter, Avery, being born seven weeks premature and needing oxygen for two days to survive. Her mother, Becky, says Gabe’s addiction forced her to take guardianship of her granddaughter. Now, Gabe claims she is nearly one year clean and sober and wants her daughter returned to her care immediately. But Becky claims not only does Gabe lack motherly instincts, but she can’t trust her daughter to care for Avery and is not willing to give up guardianship anytime soon.

12/4: "Drugs and Lies, A Mother Accused: Can She Get Her Daughter Back?"

Dr. Phil continues his conversation with Gabe, whose drug addiction led to her mother, Becky, taking guardianship over her young daughter. In part 2, Becky reveals why she claims it’s not just Gabe’s drug use that has her unwilling to relinquish guardianship. Becky claims Gabe has a lack of morals and accuses her of being involved in scams and illegal activity, claims Gabe adamantly denies. Plus, find out what Gabe said that left Dr. Phil questioning if she really is ready to get her daughter back.

• Love 1
On 11/25/2020 at 10:12 AM, suzeecat said:

For the "I don't know what to do with my uncontrollable son/daughter" episodes I just fast forward the DVR to the last 10 minutes.  Otherwise I wouldn't be able to stand it.

4 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

12/3: “Grandma vs. Mom: Give Me Back My Daughter”

Hint for the day:  Just wait until 12/4 the "conclusion" to 12/3 because most of 12/3 will be in the "conclusion."  

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 3

I’ve realized that I’ve watched Shill for so many years, I tune in out of habit. It’s no longer interesting, informative or helpful. Phil McGraw is a shell of himself and offers no real help to anyone anymore. Ten free sessions with Dr. On Demand which he can offer because as he always tells the guest “I own this company so I can give this to you for free”, he’s the least judgmental person on the planet, he doesn’t ask himself why a kid does something-he asks himself why not, blah, blah, blah. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Hint for the day:  Just wait until 12/4 the "conclusion" to 12/3 because most of 12/3 will be in the "conclusion."  

This reminds me that last week's episodes with the woman who was in jail for years for a crime she says she didn't commit could easily have been done in just one episode.

(Surprisingly, Dr. Phil neglected to mention that she was a talent scout for Motown and her ex-husband was Berry Gordy's chauffeur.)

3 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I’ve realized that I’ve watched Shill for so many years, I tune in out of habit. It’s no longer interesting, informative or helpful. Phil McGraw is a shell of himself and offers no real help to anyone anymore. Ten free sessions with Dr. On Demand which he can offer because as he always tells the guest “I own this company so I can give this to you for free”, he’s the least judgmental person on the planet, he doesn’t ask himself why a kid does something-he asks himself why not, blah, blah, blah. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

In a nutshell.

• Love 1
On 11/22/2020 at 12:31 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

11/25: A Brother and Sister Face Off

Patricia was the first person serving a life sentence who Governor Newsom released from prison due to COVID-19. Today, at age 69, Patricia says she feels like she has missed out on so much of her life and blames her brother, Ishmael, who is seeing his sister for the first time on Dr. Phil. Patricia was tried and convicted of murdering her son, Quincey’s, father 24 years ago despite her continued insistence that she did not commit the crime. She claims Ishmael lied in court, which led to her conviction. But Ishmael says he never lied – he claims authorities twisted his words. Patricia’s grandson, Suge Knight Jr., the son of former Death Row Records CEO Suge Knight, stands by his grandmother and makes a plea for prison reform

I just saw this today (at least Part 1) and am so confused.  They all kept talking about the statement during the trial.  Why didn't Dr. P bother to read it??   

Found Patricia Wright's account of what went down the night her ex was killed, in her words, on justice denied dot org.   She admits to, at the time of the murder, being a drug dealer and was in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Her brother's name in the article is Larry, not Ishmael.   She says he lied to get his child abuse charge dropped to a misdemeanor and other favors.

Edited by parrotfeathers
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Her brother's name in the article is Larry, not Ishmael.   She says he lied to get his child abuse charge dropped to a misdemeanor and other favors.

Larry was his name before he converted to Judaism; in part two it was mentioned that he's now a rabbi.

12/1 episode about the missing mom, WTH, why is the dad not charged with her murder/disappearance?  Admittedly I only half-watched because so much of it was repetitive, but did the dad ever collect the life insurance money?  None of this made any sense to me, how a woman can just disappear without an adequate investigation. 

On 11/28/2020 at 7:45 PM, parrotfeathers said:

I think he's stretching out a lot of these episodes because their only resource these days is Doctor on Demand.  The ranch and the other in-patient places are probably working under Covid guidelines that require less patients on-site, and the "doctors" who run them don't want to give out any free spaces to Dr. Phil right now.

• Love 2

I watched part of the mom verses grandma story and I never understand why people go in Dr. Phil for custody issues. He can give advice but he is not a judge or social worker and has no say in what happens legally. He is also an older, conservative man and has little understanding of people who are struggling with addiction, depression or money problems. 

On 11/28/2020 at 4:43 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

12/2: My Son Was 5 Years Old and Stabbed 3 Family Members, Now I’m a Hostage in My Home!”

I fast forwarded through most of this episode today.  Dr. P looks terrible.  He is all hunched over when he stands and it seems like it is more difficult for him to walk..

• Love 2

Next week's pile of horse manure show:

12/7: “My Son Was Caught in a Sex Sting”

Online police sex stings around the country have taken down hundreds of pedophiles, but some alleged perpetrators claim they were entrapped. Aracely says she wrote in because her 25-year-old son, Sebastian, was set up by law enforcement pretending to be a teenage girl. Aracely says when her son was first arrested, she felt he was guilty, but after reading his text messages and finding out that her son was on a website specifically for people 18 years old and over, she felt he was set up. They are joined by another mother and son, Kathleen and Jace, who say they are also working to rebuild their lives after they claim Jace was set up in an online sex sting.

12/8: “COVID Debt and Controlling Husband: Should We Divorce?”

Denise says her marriage to her husband, David, is on the rocks, and since the pandemic, things have only gotten worse. Denise claims David controls her life, including their finances, and she has become obedient to him. She says their family is in debt, they are about to be evicted, and she claims David still refuses to let her work. Denise says the stress of their marriage is causing their autistic daughter to act out, and she doesn’t know what to do. David says their marriage is not as bad as Denise describes, and their main issues are finances and raising their children. But Denise’s sister, Sue, claims she has not seen Denise in six years due to David’s controlling ways and says Denise needs to leave him.

12/9: Daytime Exclusive: Held Hostage and Her Husband Executed: A Wife’s Story of Survival

It’s been three months since Aileen says her husband, Jordan, was murdered after the couple was carjacked on their way to church and held hostage at gunpoint. Aileen says she was four months pregnant at the time and was only rescued after a high-speed chase ended in a violent crash, and her abductor fatally shot himself. This tragic story made national headlines, but the details of what happened over the course of the six-and-a-half-hour abduction have remained very much a mystery -- until today. In a daytime exclusive, Aileen sits down with Dr. Phil and, for the first time ever, shares the details of what she and Jordan endured at the hands of a violent kidnapper, including what transpired after Aileen was left alone with her husband’s killer for hours.

12/10 “My Sister Went from a Master’s in Geology to a Major Meltdown”

Lacey says she wrote to Dr. Phil because she claims her sister, Krystal, who has a master’s degree in geology, is on a downward spiral. Lacey claims Krystal has threatened to kill her multiple times, burn her parents’ house down, drinks too much, and is unstable. Krystal says she’s on a healing journey and getting her life together. Their mom, Eileen, admits she has spent over $100,000 to support Krystal, and says she has no plans to stop.

12/11: Mom Rage in the COVID Pandemic

Dr. Phil meets mothers from all over the country who say they are tired, stressed, and angry because of the pressures of raising children and earning money during a pandemic. Moms Jill and Danielle say that, despite having partners who earn money, they are feeling the pressure like never before. Chip, a single mother says moms like Jill and Danielle have no right whatsoever to complain about the pandemic because they have everything that she does not: money and support. Dr. Phil also meets Deborah, a stepmother who claims pro-mask moms like Jill and Danielle are unwittingly abusing their children by insisting they wear masks. Plus, mom of two Tawnya joins the conversation: she went viral earlier this year for posting a rage-filled video about her son fainting because he had to wear a mask while playing sports.

On 12/5/2020 at 4:05 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

“My Son Was Caught in a Sex Sting”

I was interested in this episode because I have an unhealthy addiction of watching predator sting videos on Youtube, which I find strangely compelling and disgusting at the same time.   These guys stories sound like the same lame excuses all of the other guys who get caught use - "I didn't believe her when she said she was 13!".   Their mommies better open their eyes that their lil booboo got busted for trolling websites and, according to the law, intent is enough.  That last guy, Joseph the surgeon, was really pathetic, saying "I have a history of being easily manipulated" after he was busted soliciting a 15 year old.  Another one blaming his issue on the victim.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 3

I watched this and I have mixed feelings on people being branded for life for ‘thought crimes’. I agreed with the defense attorney that a lesser charge is sometimes warranted. I don’t think the officers should send a picture of an adult woman and imply they may just be joking about being 13, which is what happened in the main case shown. 

Dr. Phil brought up to the woman on today's show whose murdered husband won't be around to see the birth of his first child that OtherSonJordan is expecting his own first child. I'm not sure if that's in poor taste or not, especially since her husband's name was also Jordan.

• Love 1

In the sex sting case I was on the fence about with the 13 year old, until I saw how many times the 13 year old said that she was 13, and what the man said he wanted to do to her.      I had no sympathy for what the defense attorney said, because he gets paid a lot to make excuses for his clients.   On the huge screen on stage, the '13 year old' look a lot older, but not on a small computer screen she wouldn't.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
On 12/5/2020 at 3:05 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

12/8: “COVID Debt and Controlling Husband: Should We Divorce?”

Denise says her marriage to her husband, David, is on the rocks, and since the pandemic, things have only gotten worse. Denise claims David controls her life, including their finances, and she has become obedient to him. She says their family is in debt, they are about to be evicted, and she claims David still refuses to let her work. Denise says the stress of their marriage is causing their autistic daughter to act out, and she doesn’t know what to do. David says their marriage is not as bad as Denise describes, and their main issues are finances and raising their children. But Denise’s sister, Sue, claims she has not seen Denise in six years due to David’s controlling ways and says Denise needs to leave him.

Saw this episode this morning on OWN.   Robin apparently has gotten her psychology degree.  Because we know Dr. P would never let someone without a degree give advice to someone.  I have visions of Dr. P having to take time off and Robin filling in for him.  The Dr. P and Robin show.  Could it happen.

17 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

Dr. Phil brought up to the woman on today's show whose murdered husband won't be around to see the birth of his first child that OtherSonJordan is expecting his own first child. I'm not sure if that's in poor taste or not, especially since her husband's name was also Jordan.

Next on Dr. Phil:

A rock-star-wanna-be second son (not the favorite one) is 34.  His pregnant fiancee (hostess of an E! pop culture TV show) is pushing a judge to quickly grant her divorce decree from first husband so she can marry the Baby Daddy ASAP.  

Oh . . . never mind . . . this is the real story for the McGraw family.  But one must wonder what advice Dr. Phil would give the young couple about how messed up it is to be engaged to one man when you're still legally married to another.

Edited by AZChristian
  • LOL 4

The last full week of episodes before the New Year includes...

Concerned parents vs. daughter who might be in an abusive relationship:

12/14: Destruction of a Young Lady?

Scott and Tanya say they’ve witnessed a “complete destruction of a young lady,” referring to their 19-year-old daughter, Courtney. They claim she’s been completely brainwashed and manipulated by her 18-year-old boyfriend, who they claim has bad intentions. Courtney says this is absolutely not true and claims that her parents have done everything they can to invade her privacy, including tracking her phone, reading her text messages, eavesdropping on security cameras, and even flying halfway across the country while she was spending time with her boyfriend! Courtney says she wants her parents to trust her judgment, but her parents say they have genuine reasons for being concerned.

A physical and digital hoarder with ODC:

12/15: OCD Interrupted: Diary of a Digital Addict

Melanie admits she is addicted to both physical and digital hoarding. She says her home is so filled with clutter, she can barely walk through it, and she stores over 100,000 videos, photos, selfies and screenshots on her phone. Melanie says she has a feeling of missing out if she doesn’t constantly take a photo or video of what she sees or collect every knickknack that tempts her. Melanie’s mother, Alisa, says her daughter is highly intelligent, a college graduate and has traveled the world, but claims that Melanie also uses her intelligence to control and manipulate others. Melanie’s best friend, Austin, says Melanie must stop trying to fill a void in her life by collecting free things.

A husband who blames all his problems on his wife:

12/16: “My Husband Blames Me for His Drug Use”

Alisa and Danny say their family of five is very well-known in their community because they own a popular food truck and food concession business. But sadly, what their neighbors don’t know is that Danny struggles with a meth addiction and relapsed last year after 12 years of sobriety. Alisa says for the past year, Danny has blamed her for his use. Danny claims his wife and the stress she brings him not only helped cause his relapse, but are also triggers that force him to use. But that’s not all; Alisa says besides a meth relapse and a what she calls a pill and alcohol problem, Danny also has a severe gambling addiction and has lost money as their business barely hangs on due to COVID-19.

(The real) Dr. Phil's Words of Wisdom:

12/17: Ask Dr. Phil

The year 2020 will go down in history as one of the toughest, saddest, and most challenging years any of us has ever seen in our lifetimes. So before greeting the New Year, viewers get a chance to ask Dr. Phil their burning questions. A self-proclaimed 33-year-old virgin asks if she will ever find love. She says that after several failed relationships, she wants Dr. Phil to help her finally find Mr. Right. A 14-year-old asks how can she prove she’s ready to get her phone back without parental restrictions? But her mom claims she doesn’t know if she’ll be able to trust her daughter again after discovering pornographic images on the teen’s device. With CDC guidelines and surging COVID case numbers, how will three moms keep family traditions alive while being COVID-cautious? Plus, a very special question for Dr. Phil’s wife, Robin. Tune in to hear Robin’s secret to staying connected to loved ones during the pandemic.

A wannabe prankster who tortures his neighbors:

12/18: Neighborhood Prankster or Menace to Society?

With over 1 billion views across his social media platforms, 17-year-old Jack says he’ll do almost anything for a “like” and is known for posting outlandish pranks, and most recently, “Karen” videos online. But how far is too far? Jack’s parents say Jack continues to push the envelope with his rude and disruptive pranks, and as a result, has had close encounters with the police. His family says they fear for Jack’s future and hopes Dr. Phil can weigh in before it’s too late. Find out what happens when Dr. Phil meets Jack, his family – and even his neighbor – who claims she feels harassed by his online videos.

Stumbled into seeing a few minutes of Mr. Phil a few days ago, and momentarily today, for the first time since the Pandemic hit.  He seems kind of lost without a live audience to pander to.  I notice he's leveraging the situation to help sell online psychiatric services in the middle of the program, although thankfully from people with actual current licenses, unlike himself.  I guess just getting that sweet sweet ad money is enough for him.

1 hour ago, Kromm said:

Stumbled into seeing a few minutes of Mr. Phil a few days ago, and momentarily today, for the first time since the Pandemic hit.  He seems kind of lost without a live audience to pander to. 

I'm still trying to figure out why he and Robin sit 20' apart.  For cripe's sake they are married.  Oh I just figured it out.   If she sat next to him the camera wouldn't be able to pan over to her for one of those "shocked" looks at something she hears.

• LOL 1
41 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I'm still trying to figure out why he and Robin sit 20' apart.  For cripe's sake they are married.  Oh I just figured it out.   If she sat next to him the camera wouldn't be able to pan over to her for one of those "shocked" looks at something she hears.

I'm watching right now and I can't believe how much Robin is starting to look like Caitlin Jenner!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I watched yesterday's (12/14) show with the college girl Courtney and her parents, did anyone else see it? For the life of me, I cannot figure out the purpose of that show and why that family was on it. The parents were basically unhappy with some of her decisions and choices, in particular her boyfriend? Courtney finished her semester with apparently good grades, seemed to be changing what she was interested in college (FFS, I went to college with one major in mind and after a semester or two, completely changed it - that's part of learning/growing up), seems to have a level head. Her mom was basically crying about how her daughter didn't come home to bake her a birthday cake? While maybe disappointing, it's called starting to become more independent.

And the parents putting so much pressure on her that Courtney started to have a full on panic attack. I felt that the parents didn't approve of the boyfriend because he wasn't a college student, his parents didn't speak english, and he just didn't fit into whatever mold they thought would be appropriate for their daughter.

It was such a weird episode and for once I had to agree with Dr. Phil that the parents had major catastrophic thinking going on. I think the parents need to calm down and have a stiff drink.

End rant. 

• Love 3

I saw it too and think the parents are crazy. This all starts with these parents who use apps to track their kids 24/7 and can’t let go. On a online parent group I belong to, a woman is tracking the location of her son who is 22 years old and working full time. She says she will go crazy if she doesn’t know where he is 24 hours a day.

These people were way out of line invading her privacy, showing up with an interpreter at the boyfriend’s house and flying to Colorado to prevent her going to a motel. They both need mental help.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Madding crowd said:

I saw it too and think the parents are crazy. This all starts with these parents who use apps to track their kids 24/7 and can’t let go. On a online parent group I belong to, a woman is tracking the location of her son who is 22 years old and working full time. She says she will go crazy if she doesn’t know where he is 24 hours a day.

These people were way out of line invading her privacy, showing up with an interpreter at the boyfriend’s house and flying to Colorado to prevent her going to a motel. They both need mental help.

Yes, the parents were certifiable. Bat shit crazy. 

• Love 1