Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

OK, so Part 2 of Mother God was just terrible. She and her "followers" are absolute idiots and a waste of space. I almost turned it off with the cat because I was going to cry. And her smug attitude. And her followers with their vacant smiles and wide eyes, deflecting anything that contradicted their beliefs. The police should just raid it -- I bet you'd see Mother God run away from the cops and then declare what a miracle it was that she was suddenly able to walk. 

"My vision was chicken parmigiana!" 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 9/16/2020 at 6:36 AM, hookedontv said:

OK, so Part 2 of Mother God was just terrible. She and her "followers" are absolute idiots and a waste of space. I almost turned it off with the cat because I was going to cry

I turned it off after 4 minutes. And I'm glad I did. I would've been livid if I saw someone abusing or killing a cat or dog...or any living being. I'm just assuming that's what happened but I'm pretty sure I guessed correctly.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I turned it off after 4 minutes. And I'm glad I did. I would've been livid if I saw someone abusing or killing a cat or dog...or any living being. I'm just assuming that's what happened but I'm pretty sure I guessed correctly.

She called it disciplining.  

52 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

She called it disciplining.  

Just like forcing a child into a dark closet was "disciplining." 

And she and her minions exclaiming "that's taken out of context." Favorite excuse for people guilty of something. And most reality TV stars.  

• Love 3
On 9/17/2020 at 12:43 AM, Back Atcha said:

The "Trader Joe's" Karen is oblivious.  She definitely has entitlements that women/men of color don't.  All the explanations and personal histories won't get through to someone like her.  She also has a snotty attitude.

And was able to yell at people pretty well, considering her breathing issue that is so serious she can't wear a mask.

I am claustrophobic, AND I have asthma and severe allergies.  Wearing a mask is NOT easy for me . . . but I just figure that if I can't follow the rules - even for medical reasons - I need to not DISOBEY them.  When I do go into a store, I don't just meander around for hours without a mask.  I put on the mask.  I pull out my list.  I get exactly what I need, and get out of the store so I can remove my mask.  We've learned to use curbside pickup to lessen the number of times when we HAVE to go into a store.  It's called adapting.

There are lots of ADA rules about non-discrimination, but that doesn't mean that - for example - people who cannot transfer out wheelchairs have the right to insist on taking part in activities that are not accessible to their chair (e.g., amusement park rides).  

Dr. Phil's "Karen" probably declares her chihuahua to be a service animal so she can take it places where SHE wants to go and take her pet.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Dr. Phil's "Karen" probably declares her chihuahua to be a service animal so she can take it places where SHE wants to go and take her pet.

I'll always remember going to "The Dump," and AzChristian will know that's a furniture store.  There was a big LOUD guy walking around with his tiny-tiny-tiny Chihuahua wearing her tiny-tiny-tiny Service Dog vest.  

• LOL 2
15 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

I'll always remember going to "The Dump," and AzChristian will know that's a furniture store. 

First time I'd ever heard of it was when a well-to-do couple from our church mentioned to us that they were headed to the dump to look for some living room furniture.  LOL.

• LOL 1

The bike guy needs some serious therapy, a dietician, and a life coach that he can see regularly.  It is too easy for bike buy to offer up his excuses via the Internet.

It annoys me when women get blamed for what their husband’s eat or for not stocking the fridge properly. 

Mrs. Bike Guy seems awfully depressed. 

This week:

9/21: “Help, My Alcoholic Daughter is Drinking Hand Sanitizer During COVID”

Javanna admits she’s is alcohol dependent, and has resorted to drinking hand sanitizer when she is desperate for alcohol. Javanna says she blames her drinking on her mother, Tracy, due to her traumatic childhood and her mother not protecting her. Tracy says Javanna is out of control and becomes violent, argumentative, and gets in trouble with the law when she is drunk.

9/22: Sixteen and Out of Control

Upon first look, 16-year-old Andrew appears to be an adorable, unassuming, successful student. But his mother, Joy, says he’s just the opposite, claiming that for the past year, Andrew has been terrorizing his twin brother, Matthew, and oldest sister, Kaylie, with the goal of becoming a famous TikTok prankster. Joy claims Andrew has been expelled from school twice, and the police now know him by name. She claims that ever since she kicked the twins' father, Dean, out of the house, it’s been an uphill battle. But Andrew says he would stop being “bad” if only his mother would allow him to live with his father. What Does Dr. Phil think?

9/23: Is Jake Sick or Just Lazy?

Susan and Randy both describe their 27-year-old son, Jacob, as “incapacitated” and virtually unable to do anything for himself, including showering regularly, making doctor appointments, filling out job applications, cleaning his bedroom...and the list goes on! Susan and Randy say they fear they will have to put off their plans of retirement and selling their home to take care of Jacob for the rest of their lives! But, there’s nothing physically wrong with Jacob! So why do his parents let him get away with living in their home in a filthy bedroom and jobless, with no plans to change anytime soon? Is Jacob lazy, or is there something seriously wrong?

9/24: “Mom Ruined My Sister’s Wedding and Our Childhood”

Danielle says her family never recovered from her sister’s wedding day disaster almost eight years ago when she claims her mom acted like a complete lunatic. Danielle says this was one of the many moments of trauma and chaos Janet caused in her life. Her entire family has not been face-to-face for years, but they come together to confront Janet about their childhood filled with different moves, men, and disappointments, to see if she will finally take accountability for the damage she’s allegedly done.

9/25: What White People Need to Know

Dr. Phil has an open and frank discussion about racism. First, hear from Joel and Tamiya, a married black couple who made the news after they claim they were racially profiled and falsely accused of theft. Also joining Dr. Phil is Professor and Racial Equity Expert at USC Shaun R. Harper, who says he believes implicit bias and microaggressions are like “death by a million paper cuts” to black people. Dr. Phil also meets Jim, a white journalist who believes the Black Lives Matter movement is a terrorist hate group targeting white people. Then, the conversation continues with Anita, who claims she was accused of trespassing and interrogated by police at a hotel where she was a paying guest, and video of the confrontation went viral. Plus, hear from a woman who says white people should never apologize for their race, and another who claims all white people have prejudice. Watch while Joel and Jim have a heated discussion about the issues faced by black and white people in the U.S. today. Will Dr. Phil get to the core of the issues that affect black and white people? Tune in to find out!

I’m watching yesterday’s show about opening schools. It infuriates me that Phil didn’t question the woman who said “yeah some teachers and kids will die but that’s the risk you take”. On top of that he said nothing about the woman who said teachers are lazy and want to hang around at home. Does he understand how much time and effort goes into remote learning? Not to mention many teachers have their own kids at home they have to help. 

• Love 3
On 9/20/2020 at 8:36 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

This week:

I suppose as long as women have children Dr. P will never run out of topics.   I don't watch the "out of control" children/pretendchildren episodes.  They are simply ridiculous.

On 9/20/2020 at 8:36 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

Will Dr. Phil get to the core of the issues that affect black and white people? Tune in to find out!

No he will not.

Maybe Robin needs to show off her new shoes?  Or maybe it's to emphasize that she is actually "working" and not spectating.

I haven't watched Dr. P in the new season.   He looked like he was humped over in 2019 and his face has an odd expression on it most of the time?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

How come skinny Mrs Phil is now exiting from the stage at the end of the show?

More air time or Phil's leg's won't make the steps??

Since there's no live audience of adoring fans clapping, she just sits on the edge of the stage.  But he's probably glad, because he is definitely not walking with a normal gait these days.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Since there's no live audience of adoring fans clapping, she just sits on the edge of the stage.  But he's probably glad, because he is definitely not walking with a normal gait these days.  

Oh you're right no audience!  I don't watch the show just saw the commercial with them walking off!

Thank you!

• Love 1

DVR cut off - Was there an "After the Taping" with latest SM Billionaire in the making?

Mother of the Year's face hit the floor when Schill started talking about the things SHE was gonna have to do to fix her hellspawn.   

No doubt she signed up for the show hoping her mop topped Damien would get a free trip to one of the Brat Ranches.  They must be closed for Covid.  After all, it's prob impossible to get six feet of separation on thousands of wilderness acres😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

No he will not.

I'll take that bet.

My pretty good hinky meter pegs Schill out as pretty far right politically, he chokes on things like racism & Covid.  

There's tape of him several months ago parrottng the "Covid is just the flu, no big deal" party line.  

• Love 2

I wonder just how much $$$$ Shill makes off of “Coach” Mike? I’ve watched CM enough to know that he can barely speak unless it Shill speech. Don’t try to tell me that he has a college degree much less a doctorate. He’s the guy who hangs out at the neighborhood bar spouting how smart and accomplished he is. Blech.

1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I wonder just how much $$$$ Shill makes off of “Coach” Mike? I’ve watched CM enough to know that he can barely speak unless it Shill speech. Don’t try to tell me that he has a college degree much less a doctorate. He’s the guy who hangs out at the neighborhood bar spouting how smart and accomplished he is. Blech.

I'm still expecting him to get a show of his own in the next couple of years.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

According to his website, he has a bachelor's and masters degree from reputable universities.  Of course, ANYONE can put ANYTHING they want on the websites.  I just don't think Dr. Phil would risk HIS reputation by hooking up with an obvious phony.

• Love 1
On 9/22/2020 at 7:14 AM, parrotfeathers said:

Maybe Robin needs to show off her new shoes?  

(Oops, thought this first half posted earlier)

I actually suspect this is it. For as gagworthy as their Stand by Your Man messaging has always been to explain why she has to be there every single show after her big strong man just happened to think to chivalrously take her hand and walk her off with him epi 1 because he just couldn't leave her out there among the peons, her mere existence has somehow been parlayed into a brand of its own.

There's been a "Robin's Wardrobrobe provided by [Baby Gap, Limited Too, Mummies R Us, whatever works.]" line in the credits for years now (maybe always?) ... she may be contractually required to do a little runway for said wardrobe provision.

But who could blame them for that brief moment of blatant product promotion, even if it belies the carefully constructed We Leave Together Because We Love Together narrative of the 15 or 20 or 100 seasons it's been since Oprah unleashed them on the universe, since I'm sure they're quite frugral in their daily spending and wouldn't waste money on unnecessary excesses like designer outfits for five shows a week when they could continue to live a very comfortable but not disgusting and irresponsible lifestyle and use their extreme wealth to singlehandedly fund No Kid Hungry or another cause about which they're vocally passionate and admittedly use their their platform well to support it, while kick-starting a campaign with a donation that seems embarrassingly small.

(To be fair, they may donate to a large number of charities, and the total doesn't seem as disproportionately minute, but, between that "contest" to where some lucky people got to visit Robin's shoe closet, and my suspicion that, if there are any generous donations being made, and not given a biweekly mention on the show, it's to that "diverse" homophobic megachurch. ''Cause he's the most open-minded person he's ever met, you know.")

:::Time lapse:::

PTV don't care ... it just wanna make two too long posts even longer .

Rage dissipates.

Smartly deletes the five unwatched episodes on DVR.

Unsmartly watches today's episode.

Rage returns. Rage intensifies.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS MAN?

Was this like some Beatles record satanic messaging thing, and I just watched it backward?

I'm barely paying attention anymore but it's near the end (double checks: by end, I mean, sure 'nuff, minute 43, so there'll still be 15 minutes left to sell something unrelated), and he HAS vaguely mentioned depression, just now. I think it's the first time.

He hit the "throw the parents under the bus" section of his dartboard of random response, so, when he got a story of a young man who had moved back home and didn't appear to be behaving like a demanding, bratty, and selfish mooch because he was an entitled brat but rather displayed pretty much every symptom and warning sign of a major depressive episode, his immediate response was to ask the parents what was wrong with them.

There are plenty of questions for the parents to be asked. Predominantly, what have you done to help him seek treatment? What dxs has he received? What therapies has he tried? What have you done to help him and yourselves when these didn't work?

If, after learning they had supported him through moving through the levels of care and tried a variety of psychological and/or psychiatric treatments and found no progress, or if he was unwilling to try any type of help, or if one parent was sabotaging what the other was doing, then maybe they deserved the bus treatment.

But I don't care when that charlatan gave up his license or if he had it yanked for abuse or if he never took more than a HS elective in psych: how can he or any person with a TV or social media account* get up there and give treatment entertainment advice that is less responsible and less consistent than a goddamned meme? *Although, for all of his reading his own Twitter compliments on his TV show, his and hers podcasts, his and his Mysonjay's Doctor On Demand app, his Mysonjay's online publishing house to publish the books of the second generation of Oprah-spawn snake-oil celebs he's creating, and wherever else he and his family have shat on the Internet in which I've so far avoided stepping, I suspect his only direct engagement occurs when he gets a Google Alert with his or Robin's name.

Is it just the dartboard of contradictory advice or which company is in need of free advertising / pimping that day that determines whether he's gonna pull out Dr. Phil's DSM of overly literal comparisons between physical and mental illness, Grouchy Grandpa Phil's Bus of parent (or victim) blaming, hair shirt of shame, and posters of ambiguous and inaccurate statistics, Good Ol' Country Boy Phil's Book of Folk Wisdom and alleged detailed plans that they'll discuss after the show, or Woke Phiiiil McG that will bring out Important Issues but never so much as defer to someone who has more experience, authority, and knowledge to lead the exchange (and the next day will be back to talking about how his blood runs blue and deifying police officers again, not by offering the context that the system and many individuals are jacked but certainly there are some good ones and they shouldn't all be judged for the actions of the many (because, that's the real danger of prejudice, natch. A cop might be unfairly judged for his/her/their removable uniform), but just 'cause he loves him some Jesus and cops and making sure he avoids open-minded people so he can claim he's the most openminded person he knows.

WOULD YOU TELL THE PARENTS THEY WERE CODDLING THEIR SON IF HIS UN- or UNDERTREATED PHYSICAL ILLNESS MADE HIM UNABLE TO CARE FOR HIMSELF? OR, WOULD YOU QUESTION WHY THEY HADN'T HELPED HIM SEE A DOCTOR IF HE WERE TOO SICK TO TAKE THE FIRST STEPS HIMSELF?

And, once you'd gotten out your projection and need to shame parents into helping, even though you modestly "joke" about "Why doesn't anyone come to me first?," usually the day after you've introduced a guest who, you proudly note, has been writing you in desperation, weekly for six years, if you thought their kid had cancer or, your favorite, diabetes, would you send them to do, like, a scientology cleanse or a Coach Mike workbook, or might you suggest seeing a medical doctor who specializes in oncology/endocrinology?

Then why the fuck you sending this severely depressed young man to a grownass professional who calls himself Coach outside an athletic arena or a bar named Cheers? I don't think he needs the full plastic brain workup and have everything checked, neurologically, hormonally, biochemically, podiatrically, gynocologically, everything.

Nor does he need his Own Doctor On Demand.

He needs a psychologist and, at least, given his heavy pot smoking, a consult with a psychiatrist, to determine whether he's self-educating because he needs anti-depressants or he just needs help and can regulate his use if his depression (and, he himself stated anxiety) are treated without meds. Mom and Dad can have Doctors on Demand to support them with when and how to heathily and appropriately pull back as their son improves with legitimate treatment. Coach Mike can go back to being a failed 24/7 sober buddy for musicians on tour.

:::Oh, yeah, rage reignited. Grateful I deleted the Teacher and "Karen" episodes unseen::

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, methadonna said:

because he just couldn't leave her out there among the peons, her mere existence has somehow been parlayed into a brand of its own.

WINNING ANSWER!!   You get some  foaming joy cleanser to clear those negative thoughts out of your head.  And I'll throw in some Revelation Awaken Youth Overnight Cream for those worry lines too.

7 minutes ago, methadonna said:

even though you modestly "joke" about "Why doesn't anyone come to me first?," usually the day after you've introduced a guest who, you proudly note, has been writing you in desperation, weekly for six years,

Truth.

8 minutes ago, methadonna said:

And, once you'd gotten out your projection and need to shame parents into helping, even though you modestly "joke" about "Why doesn't anyone come to me first?," usually the day after you've introduced a guest who, you proudly note, has been writing you in desperation, weekly for six years, if you thought their kid had cancer or, your favorite, diabetes, would you send them to do, like, a scientology cleanse or a Coach Mike workbook, or might you suggest seeing a medical doctor who specializes in oncology/endocrinology?

Then why the fuck you sending this severely depressed young man to a grownass professional who calls himself Coach outside an athletic arena or a bar named Cheers? I don't think he needs the full plastic brain workup and have everything checked, neurologically, hormonally, biochemically, podiatrically, gynocologically, everything.

Nor does he need his Own Doctor On Demand.

He needs a psychologist and, at least, given his heavy pot smoking, a consult with a psychiatrist, to determine whether he's self-educating because he needs anti-depressants or he just needs help and can regulate his use if his depression (and, he himself stated anxiety) are treated without meds. Mom and Dad can have Doctors on Demand to support them with when and how to heathily and appropriately pull back as their son improves with legitimate treatment. Coach Mike can go back to being a failed 24/7 sober buddy for musicians on tour.

:::Oh, yeah, rage reignited. Grateful I deleted the Teacher and "Karen" episodes unseen::

I like you.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I watched part of a rerun on OWN this morning where a woman is accused of ruining one daughter's wedding, and treating all of her daughters like garbage.   Any time a new man came along, the mother ignored her daughters.      The mother did ruin the daughter's wedding (Wendy), and thinks the daughter should get over it.    Why should she?     

Then, the next episode is a woman that had her adult daughter disappear (Christina Morris, Plano, TX) and presumed dead.   Her current husband (tell me he's her ex by now) is saying that looking for her daughter is ruining the husband's life.     Sadly, the daughter's remains were found, and identified, and her kidnapper, and murderer convicted.   He was someone she went to high school with.   

But what irritates me, the Dylan Redwine case from Colorado is featured on the same episode.  The boy went on a court ordered visit to his father in Colorado Springs, and 'disappeared' from the house.     Seven years later the body was located, and the father was arrested, but the trial was delayed by procedural difficulties.   After the son's body was  found, and his father charged it's just been a series of delays.   In a bizarre twist, the trial was delayed by the arrest of the defense attorney for domestic violence.     Then Covid, and the trial's been delayed again. 

But the Dr. Phil show keeps running the episode as if nothing changed, including the interview with Dylan Redwine's father.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

Watched the episode today about the couple who were fighting over their young son.

At the beginning of the episode, there was a camera shot of Robin.  Hubby laughed and said, "She looks like that Noel guy on Great British Bake Off."  

I kinda agree.

Capture.JPG

• LOL 3

I forgot to post this week's descriptions for so I'll just post the ones for the rest of the week:

9/29: A Father Accused, a Mother Blamed, The Truth Revealed

Dr. Phil continues his conversation with Megan, who claims her ex-boyfriend Andy has used the court system to make it impossible for her to be a mother to their 5-year-old son. She claims Andy and his fiancé, Caitlin, have alienated her from her little boy. Andy and Caitlin, however, presented Dr. Phil with what they claimed was evidence supporting their allegation that it is only Megan's own lifestyle and choices keeping her out of her son’s life. Who is telling the truth?

9/30: Burning Questions: From A to Gen Z

“Gen Zers,” born roughly between 1997 – 2012, are the first truly digital generation, growing up using social media, technology and smartphones – as well as the largest and most ethnically diverse generation in American History! During their lifetime, Gen Zers have been inundated by tragedies in the news and are now living in the middle of a pandemic, worried about online schooling, job freezes, and the rumored threat of a global recession. While Gen Zers are reportedly less hopeful about their economic future than ever before, they still believe they can make an impact through activism. Dr. Phil meets Gen Zers making a difference, who ask him their “burning questions” and for advice on how to tackle 2020. Plus, Dr. Phil makes one of his guest’s lifelong dreams come true – an emotional surprise you won’t want to miss!

10/1: "Our 12-Year-Old Daughter is Breaking Down Our Family!"

Jennifer and her husband, David, claim their 12-year-old daughter scratches and hits them, destroys their property, lies about finishing homework, and will suddenly leave in the middle of a family activity. They claim the situation has gotten so bad that they actually fear what their own daughter could do to them at night while they’re sleeping. By her own admission, the young teen says she “hates rules,” and claims to have even taught her parents that it’s better to have “no rules at all.” Dr. Phil talks with Jennifer, David, and their daughter about how they can work on understanding one another better at home. Dr. Phil also introduces 24-year-old Kaymen, who says she can relate to this teen’s struggle, as she also went through a rebellious time when she was younger and grew out of that phase and learned to respect her parents.

10/2: Exclusive: Brother Finds Possible Break In Case Of Missing Colorado Mom

Suzanne Morphew mysteriously disappeared near her home in Colorado on Mother’s Day. Could her distraught brother have found evidence that could possibly solve his sister's disappearance? In an exclusive interview, find out what he discovered.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

Dr. Phil talks with Jennifer, David, and their daughter about how they can work on understanding one another better at home.

Another errant child episode.  Why do the Dr. P people think we want to watch a 12 year old, scratch, hit, destroy property, lie, etc.  

Bring on a catfish episode Dr. P.

10 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

presented Dr. Phil with what they claimed was evidence supporting their allegation that it is only Megan's own lifestyle and choices keeping her out of her son’s life. Who is telling the truth?

None of them?

• Love 2

I don’t know why anyone goes on Dr Phil with a custody dispute. He has zero authority to make decisions on custody and I don’t believe he and he alone had “the ultimate facts” in these cases. He has also proven time and time again he will always side against the mother unless extreme abuse is obvious from the father.

Not to say I believe this current mother but I don’t believe the dad and stepmother either; the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I feel bad for the poor kids stuck in the middle.

• Love 2
On 9/23/2020 at 5:49 PM, Gam2 said:

To borrow from some long ago comedian: Coach Mike looks like "the third guy from the right on the evolutionary chart".   I can't see him anymore without that visual.

On 9/29/2020 at 2:16 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

How many missing person cases has Dr. P. featured, and then later it turns out he was interviewing the perpetrator?     I can think of a lot of those (poor Dylan Redwine, depending on the trial outcome) some missing women cases where the ex gets convicted), 

Why don't they stick up a BSOJ with an update on those old repeats? 

• Love 2

Next week includes a toxic family, an out-of-control adult son and the first "beautiful daughter" of the season:

10/5: “My Mom and Sister Are a Violent Mess”

Erica says her family is hostile and toxic. She says her mother, Desiree, and sister, Adrienne, are at one another’s throats, and the police have been called over 20 times. Desiree claims Adrienne has trashed her house and bullied the family for years. Adrienne claims her mother has always put men and alcohol before her children, and Adrienne had to become the protector of the family. Erica says she is about to cut ties with her family if Dr. Phil can’t fix them.

10/6: “Our Daughter is Raising Our Grandson in a Filthy Death Trap!”

Fred and Cynthia claim their daughter, Crystal, is raising their 12-year-old grandson in a death trap! They say there is no running water, and the ceiling leaks; there are exposed wires, smoking electrical sockets, mice, and mold! They say their daughter’s home is such a health hazard that it needs to be burned to the ground, and they claim they are finally ready to call CPS to protect their grandson. Crystal admits she hasn’t cleaned in two years, and her home has become a living embodiment of how she feels on the inside due to her extensive childhood trauma. Dr. Phil is joined by Dr. Charles Sophy, and they both agree Crystal’s son can never return to their nightmarish living conditions. You don’t want to miss it!

10/7: “Our Brother is a Mooch and Our Mother Needs to Cut the Cord”

Samantha and her sister Sarah say their mother, Stacy, is very successful as a special education teacher and behaviorist, but when it comes to parenting their 33-year-old brother, Ben, that’s another story. They claim their mother has allowed Ben to live rent free for the past two years, while he lays by the pool doing nothing to contribute around the house. Stacy’s husband, Doug, says he moved out and refuses to come home until Stacy kicks his stepson out of the house. Stacy says everything she is doing for her son, including teaching him how to pay his bills and eat his veggies, is all part of getting Ben to stand on his own two feet. Ben insists he is not taking advantage of his mother’s hospitality and kindness; he is just stuck in a rut.

10/8: 31-Years-Old and Out-of-Control

Heather, her daughter, Sheilagh, and her mother, Kristi, complain to Dr. Phil that her adult son, Ryan, has been arrested at least 10 times for causing constant shenanigans, including dancing in the middle of the street drunk and destroying property — and yet, until recently, Heather allowed him to continue to live in her own home and cause constant chaos! Ryan’s entire family have all brought video evidence to show Dr. Phil the horrifying and embarrassing behaviors that they claim they’ve had to live with for years! But will Ryan want to change when Dr. Phil confronts him about his drinking and disrespectful attitude? You don’t want to miss this dramatic intervention.

10/9: "Beaten, Robbed and Left for Dead: Help Save My Beautiful Daughter from the Streets!”

Shannon says for the past four years, she’s been raising her two young grandchildren while her daughter, Ginger, has been running the streets, drinking, doing drugs, and selling her body for money. Shannon says just this past year, Ginger was beaten, robbed, and left for dead on the side of the road and was lucky to survive. Shannon says Ginger’s children need their mother now more than ever, but says she’s prepared to care for her grandchildren for the rest of her life. Is Shannon the best option to raise the children?

3 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

and they both agree Crystal’s son can never return to their nightmarish living conditions. You don’t want to miss it!

3 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

Shannon says for the past four years, she’s been raising her two young grandchildren while her daughter, Ginger, has been running the streets, drinking, doing drugs, and selling her body for money.

Oh joy.  Twice we get reminded that he is a mandated reporter.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Am I the only one who thinks Dr. P should retire and ride off into the sunset on his big white horse (no insult to the Lone Ranger intended).

And he could take his posse with him . . . Robin, MySonJay, Coach Mike, Dr. Sophy, Dr. Lawliss, etc., etc., etc.  Maybe they could ride off together to Turnabout Ranch.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Phil gets off on thinking people fear him. In truth he is not a mandated reporter and has zero power to do anything to anyone. Today’s story is an odd one. This poor woman was the target of children who molested her , a grown man who molested her , was the target of a serial killer and had a brother who killed himself and a boyfriend found dead. Something must be going on with the parents for all this happening. Just something odd about the whole story. For one thing most young children are not going places where numerous adults and serial killers have access to them.

Edited by Madding crowd
41 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Today’s story is an odd one. This poor woman was the target of children who molested her, a grown man who molested her, was the target of a serial killer and had a brother who killed himself and a boyfriend found dead. Something must be going on with the parents for all this happening. Just something odd about the whole story. For one thing most young children are not going places where numerous adults and serial killers have access to them.

The part in bold is what made me go "Huh?" How did that guy become aware of her existence to the point that he wanted to kill her, unless he was good friends with the guy who molested her or something.

• Love 2

Where were her parents when all this was going on. When my kid was in third grade I knew where he was every minute. How were all these people getting access to this little girl? Something just doesn’t sit right . Were her parents involved somehow? 

31 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Where were her parents when all this was going on. When my kid was in third grade I knew where he was every minute. How were all these people getting access to this little girl? Something just doesn’t sit right . Were her parents involved somehow? 

They said in the beginning of the show that they both work/worked in law enforcement, so they could have been too busy with their jobs to pay attention to what was going on.

I loved when Phil told them that the fact that they knew of this squalor and did nothing about it earlier COULD mean that CPS would not just turn their grandchild over to them, as they could be seen as complicit in the situation.

I called CPS on my own son and his wife because their home was unsanitary (for example, full litter pan under the kitchen table, lost my granddaughter's antibiotic medication in the mess when she was being treated for pneumonia).  I had already voiced my concerns to them, and things continued to deteriorate.  CPS came out promptly; they said it was NOT a good environment, but they see so much worse that they did not immediately take my granddaughter out of the home.  But they did warn her parents that they were very close to losing her, and that things needed to be kept cleaner.  It was a louder wake-up call than just having a family member tell them it was unacceptable.

• Love 1

I got this definition of a mandated reporter (my daughter is currently in training for a job where she works with special needs children so this subject had come up at home)...

"The official designation of which professions are considered mandated reporters varies somewhat from state to state. However, in most cases the definition concerns anyone who works closely with a vulnerable population, such as children or the elderly. This typically includes social workers, teachers, health care workers, child care providers, law enforcement, mental health professionals, and other educators and medical professionals, although certain states hold that all citizens are mandated reporters." (From this website:  https://www.socialworkdegreeguide.com/faq/what-is-a-mandated-reporter/)

If even half of that stuff that purportedly happened to Crystal actually did happen then who could blame her for being a mess, and her parents really dropped the ball on getting her the support needed to get through it (I think they were EMTs by the way).  It does make you wonder, and why did her half brother commit suicide?  A lot of unanswered questions.  I do hope she gets the help she needs.

Given my lifelong addiction to true crime stories, I can say that it is not uncommon for a serial killer to target a certain victim.  She was supposed to spend the night with a friend and ended up getting sick and not going - and her friend was taken instead.  Of course how the serial killer would know that she was going to be going there is another story, but serial killers can be crafty, deviously smart people.  Ann Rule worked alongside Ted Bundy in a suicide prevention call center and then went on to write one of the best books about him - you just never know who the person in the cubicle next to you is after they leave you...scary thought, isn't it?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1