Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

You cant reason someone out of a mental disorder. Shill irritates the crap out if me when he brings someone on the stage who is clearly mentally I'll and presents them with proof that what they believe isnt true. I think that's where we are with lois . The general could have walk out on stage and told her it was all fake and she wouldn't believe him. She is completely invested in her delusion. Other catfish victims hold on cuz the ripoff of their money is too much to handle. I think we are beyond even that with Lois. 

I was not able to watch today (Governor was on instead) so did she learn anything or naw?

Just watched part 3 and it was kind of a downer.  At the end, Lois' daughter made a plea that she wants her mother to stop going to find love online and spend that time connecting with her grandchildren.  Lois continued to look blank.  Then Phil reinforced her to stop with the dating sites, stay off the internet, and do what her daughter suggested.  Lois replied "then I have no life".  So sad that she thinks there is nothing if she isn't chasing love from men stuck on the other side of the world.   

I also think that Phil could tell her 60 times that the money was fake, that Paul Shaw is not real, there are no diamonds and gold and Lois would still mumble "oh, I don't know...".  At least she was offered some mental support - it is so needed.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, patty1h said:

I also think that Phil could tell her 60 times that the money was fake, that Paul Shaw is not real, there are no diamonds and gold and Lois would still mumble "oh, I don't know...". 

“But I saw him do it at the hotel.”
Gah Lois the money is not real! I yelled at the TV during Part 3. 

• Love 2

At 3:00, I usually watch People's Court and DVR Dr. Phil to watch later.  Yesterday I said to hubby, "I want to watch Dr. Phil at 3:00, and we can DVR PC for later.  Gotta find out whether he ever 'gets through' to Lois.

So there we sit, all set to watch DP.  And BOOM - "We interrupt this program . . . "

TODAY the governor has to update the state on Covid?  NOW?  I must confess to saying a bad word, and then I remembered that we get the afternoon episode of DP repeated the next morning on an affiliated local channel.  So I immediately set the DVR to record this morning's replay of Chapter 3 of the Lois saga.

IMO, Lois has dementia and has gotten to a point where someone needs to take over her finances and her computer access to make sure she does not have access to scammers.  I often wonder whether the people DP features on these shows end up having to deal with a whole new bunch of scammers because they have "advertised" their gullibility and poor judgment on national TV.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, TV Glotzer said:

OMFG Lois and her “white money.”  Sorry but some people are just too stupid to live. 

I think I'll cut up some white paper I have here at home, go to the grocery store, and give it a whirl. When the cashier (and the manager, followed by the police) questions me about it, I will just mumble "I don't know, I don't know. At the hotel Dr. Bils says this is a real $100 bill and it will work."

Did anyone else hear the guy sitting next to Lois (the man and daughter whose identities were stolen) say to Lois "It's a trick!" 

And, at one point the expert in the audience (this may have been in Part 2) couldn't hold his laughter back because Lois was being so ridiculous. 

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, hookedontv said:

I think I'll cut up some white paper I have here at home, go to the grocery store, and give it a whirl. When the cashier (and the manager, followed by the police) questions me about it, I will just mumble "I don't know, I don't know. At the hotel Dr. Bils says this is a real $100 bill and it will work."

Did anyone else hear the guy sitting next to Lois (the man and daughter whose identities were stolen) say to Lois "It's a trick!" 

And, at one point the expert in the audience (this may have been in Part 2) couldn't hold his laughter back because Lois was being so ridiculous. 

At least the former C.I.A. guy in the audience said flat out, "it's a magic trick, sleight of hand."  There's no pussyfooting around with Lois.  They have to be blunt.

• Love 2

Is there any chance she is starting to experience some form of dementia?  I've read that personality changes can be an early sign of alzheimers. Also I've read that there are brain changes that can cause elderly people to be much more vulnerable to scams - https://news.usc.edu/135031/senior-scams-and-fraud-due-to-aging-brain/

That article says that the people most at risk for scams are people in the early stages of dementia

• Love 1
18 hours ago, AZChristian said:

At 3:00, I usually watch People's Court and DVR Dr. Phil to watch later.  Yesterday I said to hubby, "I want to watch Dr. Phil at 3:00, and we can DVR PC for later.  Gotta find out whether he ever 'gets through' to Lois.

So there we sit, all set to watch DP.  And BOOM - "We interrupt this program . . . "

TODAY the governor has to update the state on Covid?  NOW?  I must confess to saying a bad word, and then I remembered that we get the afternoon episode of DP repeated the next morning on an affiliated local channel.  So I immediately set the DVR to record this morning's replay of Chapter 3 of the Lois saga.

IMO, Lois has dementia and has gotten to a point where someone needs to take over her finances and her computer access to make sure she does not have access to scammers.  I often wonder whether the people DP features on these shows end up having to deal with a whole new bunch of scammers because they have "advertised" their gullibility and poor judgment on national TV.

I've opined on this dozens of catfish epis.  Schill has NEVER once advised the victim's family to consult a lawyer.  He's NEVER once had some Celeb (also his BFF) attorney to chime in on a catfish situation!  That's BS IMHO!  

Any judge with connected braincells could see a drained bank account and the Nigerian connection.  The court has complete power to appoint an unbiased financial guardian to investigate. 

If I saw one of my parents doing that shit, I'd haul them from court to court to stop the bleeding.

Schill has not once uttered a word about legal possibilities.  That's just shameful.

Today, GF loving a hoarder ep!  But once again, Schill is off the rails! Let's give these lazy MoFos a cleaning service, an organizer, a life coach?...So, they get to sit back on their fat filthy behinds and get the house all pretty on someone else's nickel?

How about send the the POS's home with a dumpster waiting in the driveway, a trailer full of cleaning supplies and give them two weeks to make serious progress?   Two weeks later if Real stuff is getting done?  OK.  Let's send in some extra help.  Shit or get off the pot.

• Love 4

The hoarder/arguing couple episode from 5/21: For fuck's sake Dr. Phil, it would be better to do what @zillabreeze suggests: Give them 2 weeks to start to get their shit together and work on the house before sending in the calvary. Geez, even Dr. Now has his 600 pound patients lose weight prior to surgery to show they are serious about their "weight loss journey." 

Did you know that Phil was a mandated reporter? Ugh.

And, I was annoyed that Phil didn't make a bigger deal about the lack of care for the animals that died on their "farm." He only asked "do you have any now?" (Thankfully the answer was no.) He should have told them that they were disgusting people for causing that to happen and that he should call the authorities on them. 

Sorry, I digress, big animal rights person here. I actually don't think that couple should be together. I think their marriage was over a long time ago and even their daughters think they should separate. 

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

I've opined on this dozens of catfish epis.  Schill has NEVER once advised the victim's family to consult a lawyer.  He's NEVER once had some Celeb (also his BFF) attorney to chime in on a catfish situation!  That's BS IMHO!  

Any judge with connected braincells could see a drained bank account and the Nigerian connection.  The court has complete power to appoint an unbiased financial guardian to investigate. 

If I saw one of my parents doing that shit, I'd haul them from court to court to stop the bleeding.

Schill has not once uttered a word about legal possibilities.  That's just shameful.

Today, GF loving a hoarder ep!  But once again, Schill is off the rails! Let's give these lazy MoFos a cleaning service, an organizer, a life coach?...So, they get to sit back on their fat filthy behinds and get the house all pretty on someone else's nickel?

How about send the the POS's home with a dumpster waiting in the driveway, a trailer full of cleaning supplies and give them two weeks to make serious progress?   Two weeks later if Real stuff is getting done?  OK.  Let's send in some extra help.  Shit or get off the pot.

Good thought about the bank records and any communication to show that the person is being scammed and will likely continue.  Hopefully, that would encourage a judge to allow conservatorship.  

Regarding the hoarders, yes their house was a mess, but it didn't seem to be filthy.  No animal feces or piles of moldy food or outdated canned goods. 

I once reported a couple with a young child for having her in a home that was MUCH worse.  (They kept the filthy, full cat litter pan UNDER the kitchen table, and they had "lost" - couldn't find in the mess - the penicillin she needed to treat her near-pneumonia, which she got from them NOT taking her to a doctor.)  CPS went out to do an inspection, but did nothing because "we see much worse."  

I also sought help to have my brother approved for state-funded assisted living because his place was filthy and cluttered.  He used to keep a clean house, but poor health and early dementia made him not able to care or clean.  He had multiple trips to the hospital for falling and having seizures.  When I said told them that part of the reason he was falling was that he was tripping over his hoard, they evaluated his situation and said, "We see much worse."

It's been hard to learn and accept that sometimes, no one can or will help adults who don't want help.  Those daughters deserve better, but I don't really think CPS would have put them into foster care based on what we saw in that program.  Just because Phil (or anyone) is a mandated reporter, that just means they are required to report.  That doesn't mean that the governing authority is mandated to do what the reporter thinks they should do.

Edited by AZChristian
Clarity
  • Love 2
(edited)

I was LOL at Shill telling the two arguing hoarders that DCF would remove their children because the house was trashy. I'm not sure what world he lives in but unless the kids are showing signs of serious neglect (like starvation) or abuse (bruises, etc), DCF will not step in. We had a neighbor whose house looked just like theirs. One of our neighbors, a cop, went over because we were so concerned. He said no way would DCF remove just because the house is horrible, DCF is overwhemled with cases of children who are beaten and abused. 

Anyway, they were both horrible and sending a life coach and someone to clean up isn't going to help cuz six month later, it will be back to the same way it is now. I think the dad thinks its her job to keep the house and she was just pissed and refusing to do anything. Not that the kids are responsible, but why don't the kids help clean. I get it, they have no role models. But if I was 15 and couldn't get into the bathroom because of trash bags, I'd take the trash out. The parents need to get a divorce and get out from under that house. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I don't think Dr. P was of much help.

I think it would take a miracle worker to be of much help.  She needs to not have access to a computer and her remaining money.

• Love 1
On 5/22/2020 at 6:28 AM, hookedontv said:

And, I was annoyed that Phil didn't make a bigger deal about the lack of care for the animals that died on their "farm."

Thanks for the warning.., I won't be watching this episode. 

Some people don't deserve any other help than going to jail and losing their pets,  children and homes. 

• Love 1

So I watched the short segment on the sisters that were fighting over their mother's will.  One sister has been living in house for 5 years and refuses to move.  Other sister cannot get her out so the house can be redone (sister is a "bit" messy and has "rescue" dogs that poo inside).

So Dr. P flies them all the way to L.A. to tell sister to hire an attorney.  Commercial break and then to a woman who needs skin care tips!

On 5/27/2020 at 11:24 AM, parrotfeathers said:

So I watched the short segment on the sisters that were fighting over their mother's will.  One sister has been living in house for 5 years and refuses to move.  Other sister cannot get her out so the house can be redone (sister is a "bit" messy and has "rescue" dogs that poo inside).

So Dr. P flies them all the way to L.A. to tell sister to hire an attorney.  Commercial break and then to a woman who needs skin care tips!

Yes and the woman's problem was that she didn't want the sister to be homeless so she didn't want to evict her. What does she think the attorney will do? Go have a talk with her? And the house is trashed so who knows if there will be any profit to be had anyway. Maybe she should have just gifted her the house and gotten her name off it completely. 

More grandma catfish today!

• Love 1
On 5/22/2020 at 8:28 AM, hookedontv said:

And, I was annoyed that Phil didn't make a bigger deal about the lack of care for the animals that died on their "farm." He only asked "do you have any now?"

Amen!  The carcasses were shocking!  Schill glossed over like "whatev".   Clearly, several animals were either starved and/or left to predators.  So now, the kids are being taught that animals are just another piece of junk in the nasty pile of shit called "home".

Mr. "Mandated Reporter" didn't even acknowledge the obvious animal cruelty.  He was too busy regurgitating his worn out homilies and flinging "get out of jail free" cards to those assholes.

I was seething at the end: talk about  "rewarding bad behaviour"?  Schill couldn't do it fast enough!  No shaming, no accountability for that disgusting display!   Let's just give those animal abusing, child endangering, selfish pigs a free pass!   As long as the audience claps and praises the walk down the aisle with Skeletor, it's a "good show".

Full disclosure...I really like Oprah!  I dug what she used to do - finding inspiring people for different stuff and giving them a platform.  Now, she's got more money than God - so why does she let grifters like Schill hang on her coattails?  She should cut him loose.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/24/2020 at 12:45 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

They only had hoarders on for ratings.    Hoarders never change, except in a few cases, and if someone helps them clean up (over and over usually, from the hoarders shows), they just rehoard immediately. 

Like every other "Schill Show".  So very rare is a follow up on his "help".  By now, after hundreds of "guests", there have been what?  5-6 follow ups?

Don't get me started on Dr. Oz!  Another Oprah offshoot that's a total grifting charleton now, too.  Jeez. O!  Bounce them all off your bazillion dollar portfolio.

Edited by zillabreeze
  • Love 2

Just watched the beginning of an old episode wherein the topic was "Is it better to be beautiful or intelligent?"

They started off the show with a diva-wannabe who had no qualities that would make her worthy of her opinion of herself.  But that didn't stop her from having a condescending, entitled diva attitude.

Within two minutes of her segment starting, she brushed her hair out of her eyes and said, "Dr. Phil, I need someone from makeup to come out here.  I'm sweating, and I need my makeup touched up."  He gave her a condescending wave of his hand (he was standing up and interacting with the audience), and said, "You're fine."

She stood up and said again, "No, I'm serious.  I just CAN NOT continue unless they touch up my makeup right now."

He looked at her and said, "Okay.  You can go backstage.  We're going to move on to our next topic.  Thank you for coming."  Shook her hand and cut to commercial.  They came back from the commercial and immediately moved on to the next segment.  

She was never seen again.

I suspect that she sat backstage for the entire taping, waiting for Dr. Phil to call her back out, apologize for his egregious behavior, and grovel at her awesomeness.

It was so funny that I hit the "record" button so my hubby could watch it when he got home from our Walmart curbside grocery pickup.

• LOL 3
23 hours ago, AZChristian said:

It was so funny that I hit the "record" button so my hubby could watch it when he got home from our Walmart curbside grocery pickup.

We take our entertainment where we can get it during these troubling times.  That we're all in together, doncha know...

• Love 2
(edited)

Dr. Phil once again is in ambulance chasing mode as the episode originally scheduled for tomorrow (the first in a two-part episode from last season about a con man named Erik) is now this:

America on Fire

Widespread civil unrest follows the death of unarmed Minneapolis man George Floyd while in police custody; guests include civil rights attorney S. Lee Merritt, Rep. Karen Bass (D-Calif.), author Marc Lamont Hill and activist Tamika Mallory.

Edited by iHateAmpersands
  • Love 1
On 6/2/2020 at 6:42 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

Dr. Phil once again is in ambulance chasing mode as the episode originally scheduled for tomorrow (the first in a two-part episode from last season about a con man named Erik) is now this:

And I am not watching it.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Yesterday's episode with Tatiana was a very dark episode. I was heartbroken for that young woman. I just started the episode that aired today (a rerun), and I am disturbed again, that this man almost killed his month-old baby. I will never understand how people can abuse children so terribly. The images of that baby girl horrified me. 

Edited by RealHousewife

Ok, I just saw an episode of Dr Phil and I needed to vent because it got me so pissed off that I just wanted to vent some of my thoughts before I explode. The episode I saw might be an old one but still got me pissed the * off. Its the 'Jordan and Kyle episode' where Jordan (the woman) alleges that she's getting physically abused by her fiancee' (Kyle).

I respect Dr Phil and what he does, but to me as I see more episodes it becomes more apparent that his objectivity goes out the window when a woman alleges abuse, blatantly siding with the 'victim' no matter what the facts show. This specific episode frustrated me so much because I got the impression that Jordan (the victim) was a drama queen blowing things out of proportion and trying to portray her fiancee in the worst light possible. I did not find her sincere and it pissed me off that Dr Phil did not bother to actually look into the situation like he's done in other cases.

When Kyle came out he seemed very sincere when he claimed that he doesn't beat her, and when he calls her out on her drinking, Dr Phil COMPLETELY IGNORED IT, so here you have a woman sending pictures of bruises all over her body claiming that its the result of her abuse from her fiancee, and COMPLETELY ignores her drinking, he doesn't even question her about it, he doesn't even ASK her if she drinks too much. Everyone knows that if you're a hardcore alcoholic you are prone to falling over yourself and could easily explain the bruises. Yet in this episode he completely ignored this allegation and continued to BULLY Kyle claiming that he is in denial.

Its just so frustrating, this episode is by far the worse I've seen so far when it comes to Dr Phil and his objectivity towards 'favoring' women, he completely badgers Kyle into admitting that he is abusing her and I admire the guy for keeping his cool, he was basically alone vs everyone, if he was the raging abuser his fiancee claimed he was he would have either walked off or just lost it, but he didn't.

Also, how many times have we seen Dr Phil call out guests with ages 25 and over for not being independent? Well Jordan is an openly spoiled girl that openly admits that her DAD took care of everything for her, and it seems obvious that her fiancee was not willing to take her dad's place and I think this episode was her way of 'getting back at him' for not spoiling her like her father.

Also, she openly admits that she's a 'party girl' that likes to go out and drink to enjoy her young life before getting married and getting serious... REALLY?! How many abusers would let their girlfriend/fiancee/wife go out ALONE with her friends drinking?! One of the major red flags of abuse is control and isolation, Jordan doesn't seem to be neither controlled nor isolated from anyone, if anything she gave off the impression that she's the controlling one and the bully.

Don't know if anyone who's familiar with this episode agrees with me here, but in my opinion Jordan was just putting on a show of a 'poor me victim of abuse' and the only thing Kyle is guilty of is putting up with such a spoiled drama queen.

Also, the preferred Dr Phil quote 'Under no circumstances does a man have a right to put his hands on a woman' REALLY? So if a drunk woman is charging at me I should just let her punch/scratch/bite the shit out of me because I'm a man and she's a woman..

Sorry for the long post, but I needed to vent!

• Love 2

Just watched the episode with the college psych teacher and the "abused" student.  I do understand the teacher should not have become involved or moved the student into her home and personal life.

But the fact that Dr. P took the student's side astounded me.  He always says if a person says they are being abused to believe it.  And he looks at that teacher and says "and you believed her?"  And didn't give poor boyfriend a chance?

"IF" she sent the texts threatening her life.  Of course she sent them.

Dr. P is a POS.

• Love 2

I'm watching the rerun on OWN with the woman who has a 4 year old, and moved a registered sex offender into her home (even though she claims he just visits).       The man was 13 when he was abusing a 10 year old, that he had been (according to police, and probation reports) abusing for 4 years.   He first claims he was 'playing doctor', and virtually nothing happened.    Then when Dr. Shill reads the police and probation papers saying the 4 years of abuse, the man claims he never said he was playing doctor, didn't know what he was doing was wrong, and the abuse was for a very short time.    Who does he think he's fooling?     Then Shill says sex offenders virtually never reoffend, which is a total lie.    The offender also claims his parole officer said visiting the woman, with her child is OK.   However, he's not visiting, he's living there.    I wonder if the parole officer really said that, or the man registered, and the neighbors notified?   My guess is the man is lying again.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Sex offenders are untreatable by any method of drugs, or therapy.    The never stop offending.

They're showing the OWN catfish rerun of Barbara, and her love muffin David Crisp Jr.    They prove everything he says is a lie, and Barbara claims she's not going to send him money any more, or associate with the scammer.   I bet she was laundering money for him again, and I bet she called him before she left the parking lot.   

The episode is called "Worried for Granny", and even though the show proved the man in Nigeria doesn't exist, everything she heard him say was a lie, and Barbara says she'll never talk to the man again, I don't believe her.   I suspect that she's still laundering money for scammers, and probably has another boyfriend online too.    I don't believe any of the scammed people really stop sending money.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

Re-run today.  The greasy 14 yr old "addicted to video games" and the waste of oxygen parents that can't deal.

OMG.  Take all of the electronics.  Turn off the WiFi and let the little monster pitch a bitch.  As out of shape as he is, the tantrum won't last THAT long.  While you're at it, toss the junk food and only offer decent food.  He'll eat it when he gets hungry enough.  If he tots spins out and gets violent, let the cops take him for a 5150 or little stay at juvie.

What I missed on first showing -. The BSOJ....the worthless parents yanked the brat out of the "Wilderness Camp" after 9 days, because he was "cold and the conditions were bad"!!!🤯

I'd say who gives a shit and the parents get what they deserve.  However, it appears that they'll release the brat onto society so that you, I and Byrd can finance the rest of his existence, either through social services or incarceration.

• Love 3
On 6/21/2020 at 3:49 AM, mmizzi87 said:

Everyone knows that if you're a hardcore alcoholic you are prone to falling over yourself and could easily explain the bruises. 

Yes! And your blood doesn't clot normally (it takes longer to stop any bleeding).

This couple are truly f'd up and should NOT be together. But we'll see if there's an update on these two losers.

I didn't see the second part of this couples debacle but i'm pretty sure they're doomed. 

I’m watching the Sandra and Joey episodes (Parts 1, 2 and 3) on OWN and Oh. My. Gosh.  Sandra is the biggest liar/bullshitter that I’ve ever seen on that show, and the lying POS has partial custody of two children! 😳 Those children would be better off if she dropped off the face of the earth and they never had to see her again.  This is unbelievable!  SMDH

• Love 1

I believe victims in most cases , but I don’t believe the woman Cheryls story . It seems very contrived and she tells the story like she’s writing a fictional book . And she saw her friend after Getting abused , beaten , and raped , also with her hair chopped off ... but her friend didn’t ask her a thing ? 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I believe victims in most cases , but I don’t believe the woman Cheryls story . It seems very contrived and she tells the story like she’s writing a fictional book . And she saw her friend after Getting abused , beaten , and raped , also with her hair chopped off ... but her friend didn’t ask her a thing ? 

She lost me when  she claimed that they just went on to the next destination as if nothing happened. Most people would have something to say if their friend had their hair chopped off and saw bruises. I think that something happened but most victims don’t focus on pushing through. Instead, they focus on mustering enough strength to make it through another day. That doesn’t get you on a Ted Talk though.

• Love 1

I agree with your assessment. Something was off with her. I think the minute Shilll said she was BFFs with Robin, I got the bad feelings about her. I don't like to doubt victims either so I felt reluctant to post about it yesterday.  Also a grown man saying BFF-eyeroll.

• Love 2

I didn’t believe too much of the Cheryl “I was a MODEL” story.  (You guys, did you know she was a model?) She definitely was there to push her books, TedTalks etc.  She was waaaay too rehearsed and scripted.  The whole trip to Japan and breaking down over the homeless lady with her Wabi-Sabi/ Coco-Loco/ Cabo-Wabo enlightenment was over the top. I am not belittling or  being insensitive to Japanese culture, but I think Cheryl read about the belief that beauty comes from imperfections, and appropriated it for her story. That, and the supposed phone call with her mom...she manages to get through to her mom after a horrific experience and says ZERO about her ordeal, regardless of how brief the call.  Not even yelling to the cafe or phone bank area that she needs help. Then after being disconnected and not getting back in touch days later, still nothing is said?  You don’t go home?  You kept traveling in pursuit of a modeling career? 

I missed the beginning when they mentioned she was a friend of Robin the Robot, so it makes perfect sense why she was a guest star on Phil. 

(Hope this isn't a dupe; I thought I posted last night, but it was chilling in the editor this morning, so I assume I fell asleep despite the sleep-paralysis-demon that is Robin).

Now, please do not mistake this as defending Robin so much as my thinking it actually is kind of grosser:

If I understood correctly, she and Wabisabi became BFFs when Wabisabi came to whore Her Brand on Robin's I've Got a Secret That My Husband Bought Me a Podcast and they Immediately Connected because black holes and physics and stuff. I don't think they actually knew each other before the vacuous kismet of I've Got a Secret Which Means I Don't Have a Secret crashed into Wabi Sabi Because Beauty is the Unbeauty, and OMG Is That Really U I Mean Plastic Surgery Skin Care spontaneously combusted or was the Big Bang or it was on the day god was resting after doing whatever the creationism thing they believe in or they're the crocoducks or it was 2020, why wouldn't they become besties, I don't know.

But, I just learned the most interesting fact yet. Disclaimer, I never thought her whole story was made up from whole cloth, mainly because I think too many women have been raped for it be likely that she'd claim she was when she wasn't, but I did suspect that it wasn't in its original frame (sorry, use the term "self-help," and you've lost me).

Well. I just looked her up, mainly because I wanted to see her if her TED talks were really TEDx talks, and it's WAY sketchier than that. This was after I'd already mocked her and Robin's friendship, mind you. Well, that friendship was no accident. That whole life coach business bullshit? Yeah, it's a little more nefarious than that. Her whole business model is "I've whored myself out on a million media platforms, perfected the formula for getting attention, and for the low low cost of [give me your information so I can harass you forever for pricing information], you, too, no longer shall wither away in the oblivion of a tree falling in a forest with no one to hear it to know if it makes a sound: I can teach you how to Tell Your Story and Get Attention. Lots of Attention. And the Attention Will Be Televised (and Podcasted! and Instagrammed and TikToked <--- that can't be the past tense! and TEDed! And Trending on Twitter. And whatever social media giant we haven't heard of this week but will have great cache next month! Did you SEE my resume? Because, like my BFF Robin, I have a secret. And, like my BFF Robin, with enough money, you can get whatever you want. Except consonants).

btdubs, if anyone wants to take one for the team and report back, apparently you can "Watch [Their] Masterclass" to Learn the Secret Code to Grab the Media's Attention; I've already sacrificed too many brain cells having her heart-embossed logo indelibly imprinted in my mind, nevermind skimming the text; I'm out. (it just clicked, no pun intended, that it does NOT say watching it is FREE, so it's probably not. So, nevermind). I never like to make claims that I'm not sure about, but I really am not certain that the background image was the Dr. Schill promo shot when I first got to site.

So, congratulations, everyone. From her own words, I don't think there is any reason not to be skeptical of her story, or at least her framing of it--she seems to all but brag that it was how she told her story that turned her into a media whore darling (yay cultural appropriation) nor of her BFFship with Madame Tusssaud. They were all part of the code, and she just needed to

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I watched the episode with the 15 year old sexual predator and it opened my eyes to their mindset.  It was sickening but also I learned a lot more about how the brain of a pedo works. 

I felt especially bad for the stepmother (who was a victim herself) - she had taken on the main burden of helping this child while the father sat by feeling sorry for himself.   I zoned out towards the end of this episode but it looked like Phil had given the dad a kick in the ass and told him he needs to wake up and be a partner in getting HIS sons treatment sorted out.

Today starts the beginning of Season 19. This is what the first week back is about:

9/14: "I Believe My Sister is a Cult Leader Who Claims She’s Mother God"

A Dr. Phil exclusive: Faith and spirituality usually bring families together. However, one family says they’ve been torn apart. Chelsea, her sister, Tara, and her mom, Linda, claim their beloved, Amy, is now allegedly a “cult leader” trying to change the world through natural healing methods. Chelsea has been writing to Dr. Phil for years because she says her sister, Amy, left the family, started calling herself “Mother God,” claims to do surgery with her hands and talk to dead people, and is so far gone, she’s already lost to her family.

9/15: “Mother God’s” Followers and Alleged Victims Face Off

In a Dr. Phil exclusive, Dr. Phil continues speaking with a family who claims they were torn apart because of an organization that professes love. Amy says she is “Mother God” and can heal the world with her group, Love Has Won. Her sister, Chelsea, does not think Amy is a deity, but alleges that she is a brainwashed “cult leader” who abandoned her family years ago and is putting other people’s lives at risk.

9/16: The “Karen” Phenomenon

The term “Karen” has become one of the most notorious names of the year. Dr. Phil investigates this term and the people it is ascribed to: typically white, middle class, entitled, aggressive or racist women. Dr. Phil meets Sandrella, dubbed “Trader Joe’s Karen,” after a video of her screaming in a supermarket for being told to wear a mask went viral. James, a man who was reprimanded by a couple for stenciling “Black Lives Matter” on his own wall, reveals how the video he took changed his life and his accusers' lives forever. Watch when Sandrella and James get into a heated argument over the “BLM” movement. Dr. Phil also meets Brian and Kelly Anne, who came to verbal blows at an anti-mask rally in Toronto, resulting in Kelly Anne comparing people who think they can force masks on others because of a government mandate to obedient citizens who listened to Hitler! Plus, eminent academics Wendy Murphy and Dr. N’Senga Burton have a spirited debate over whether the term “Karen” is misogynistic. Don’t miss it!

9/17: “What Ever Happened to the ‘Fat Guy’ Biking Across America?”

Former guest Eric returns to tell Dr. Phil exactly how he wronged him the last time they met four years ago. Eric was the self-proclaimed “fat guy” weighing in at 560 lbs. and was supposed to bike across America to lose weight and win back his wife, Angie. After his story went viral, thousands of dollars rolled in, and so did the critics, saying Eric was scamming America. Eric never finished his journey. Now, pushing 700 lbs., Eric says he forgives Dr. Phil after all these years. For what? Find out when Eric unleashes on Dr. Phil. Plus, Eric hopes Dr. Phil will help him lose weight. Dr. Phil has a secret weapon -- another former guest, David, who also was pushing 700 lbs. Wait until you see his weight loss transformation!

9/18: Should Schools Reopen?

It’s back to school time. But instead of excitement in the air, there’s fear and controversy in the era of coronavirus, as parents, teachers, and doctors try to navigate the onslaught of information to keep children safe. Some parents are desperately seeking a return to work and normalcy, while others say the risks of in-person classes outweigh the rewards. Dr. Phil talks to parents, doctors and teachers from all sides of the back to school debate.

Edited by iHateAmpersands
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

The crazy cult lady part one was pretty good. So I guess being a hard core alcoholic makes you a “God”. Couldn’t stand how awful she was to that poor toddler. Looking forward to part two today.

I watched Part 1 too. This crazy cult lady is certifiable and out of control. The scene with the toddler was so disturbing to me, she was awful to that kid and those effing other adults around listening to this raging alcoholic liar was even more infuriating. 

I heard somewhere (!) that Dr. Phil is a mandated reporter. How come he didn't announce that like he usually does? He said it was outright child abuse and then just let it go. That was convenient for him.

Looking forward to Part 2 as well. But I know it will make me angry. I'm just hoping for some undercover footage of her walking, since she says she's paralyzed and has STAGE FIVE cancer. Now, there are technically 5 stages of cancer, running from zero to four. But NO ONE ever refers to having stage 5 cancer - no one. No one on the street and no one in the medical field. Because that term does not exist. She made herself look like a fool right there. 

She's an evil selfish person. Giving advise on how to parent kids - when she abandoned her own. 

I can tell I'll be rage-watching Part 2 I'm all worked up! 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, hookedontv said:

Looking forward to Part 2 as well. But I know it will make me angry. I'm just hoping for some undercover footage of her walking, since she says she's paralyzed and has STAGE FIVE cancer. Now, there are technically 5 stages of cancer, running from zero to four. But NO ONE ever refers to having stage 5 cancer - no one. No one on the street and no one in the medical field. Because that term does not exist. She made herself look like a fool right there. 

I can't figure out how she's done all that surgery on other people, but can't utilize those powers for herself.  I think Stage 5 cancer is "Stage 4 plus multiple reincarnations that I can remember, and one of them was as Jesus."

• LOL 2
12 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I think Stage 5 cancer is "Stage 4 plus multiple reincarnations that I can remember, and one of them was as Jesus."

Dead. 💀

She remembers hanging on the cross as Jesus. I can't remember where I hung my jacket up this morning. 

Edited by hookedontv
  • LOL 4

Dr. Phil isn't a mandated reporter.    That's only licensed psychologists in California, and he has never had a license in California, and hasn't had a valid license in Texas for years.    This all came up when the sad Britney Spears hospitalization happened.   The TMZ article below gives the dirty details.    His show is classified as entertainment, not treatment.  

https://www.tmz.com/2008/01/16/psychology-board-investigates-dr-phil/#:~:text=Phil which was lodged with,visit to one Britney Spears.&text=Phil has never been licensed,The shrink believes when Dr.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1