Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

Thank you, torontomeredith! I came here because Google wouldn't respond to my searches for "If Dr. Phil's 3000th show is new, why is there a full unmasked audience?" That's got to be it! Indeed, there was some mention of it being five years since someone who was on in 2014 was there. So it was filmed in (late?) 2019? Such long foresight, when they didn't know there'd be a pandemic and a lockdown, boggles the mind. They should have said something about it to explain! In the early months of lockdown last year, they made sure to flash "Filmed before quarantine" on screen! 

• Love 2
On 4/1/2021 at 8:08 AM, parrotfeathers said:

I did enjoy the where are they now shows.

There's two of them next week, plus ... CATFISH!

4/5: “Where Are They Now? You Asked, We Answer!”

Dr. Phil checks in on the progress of two of your favorite guests! When Ryan, aka “Raging Ryan,” first sat down with Dr. Phil, he was terrorizing his family with out-of-control rages, fueled by alcohol and marijuana. A year later, Ryan claims he’s made amazing progress -- but his sister, Alyssa, insists his behavior has only gotten worse! Then, Dr. Phil sits down with Heather. The last time they spoke, she repeatedly defended her boyfriend, Collin, even though she claimed he regularly put his hands on her. Dr. Phil recommended she finally leave Collin for good. Did she? Find out!

4/6: “My Mom Is in Love with a Man Who Doesn’t Exist”

Karen says she’s fallen in love and plans to spend the rest of her life with a man named “Thomas,” whom she met online. But, Karen’s daughter, Mindy, says there is no “Thomas.” She says she is sure her mother is being catfished by a man she has never met or even video chatted with, who claims to be on an oil rig and stuck in the Gulf of Mexico. Mindy says her mother’s heart is not the only thing “Thomas” has stolen from her; he has also gone after money her recently retired mother doesn’t have to give. Karen says she is a dedicated Dr. Phil viewer and has watched all his shows on catfishing, so she knows her “lover” is real. She claims the fact that no one can prove he is a fake gives her great hope they will be together soon. Find out what happens when Dr. Phil provides Karen with evidence that she is being scammed. Will she believe the truth?

4/7: “Karen’s Catfish: Will She Believe the Truth”

Dr. Phil continues his conversation with Mindy and her mother, Karen, who claimed to be in love with a man she had never met named “Thomas.” Despite Dr. Phil providing Karen with seemingly overwhelming evidence that “Thomas” was indeed a catfish, Karen seemed to have a hard time grasping what had happened to her and who was behind the scam. Today, Dr. Phil introduces Karen to the man whose photos were stolen and used by Karen’s catfish, which leads to a very emotional moment for Karen. But that’s not all. Dr. Phil also introduces Karen to the man whose name and personal details were stolen and used by the catfish. And, is this the first time Karen has possibly fallen prey to an online catfish? Can Dr. Phil help Karen stop getting duped by online predators? Plus, infectious disease expert Dr. Tony Mills answers any and all questions you may have about getting the COVID-19 vaccine.

4/8: “My Dad Can’t Stand My Ex-Boyfriend”

On the outside, 23-year-old Jen appears to have it all: good looks, a successful business, and a healthy 3-year-old daughter. But sadly, on the inside, Jen says she is living a nightmare and suffers from chronic anxiety. She claims that one of the main contributors is Chris, her ex-boyfriend and father of her daughter. Jen says she and Chris have a toxic relationship, and up until three weeks ago, they weren’t speaking. Additionally, Jen’s father, Steve, and Chris don’t see eye-to-eye – as Steve claims Chris never provided for his family. Chris insists he’s changed his life and wants to prove to Jen and Steve he’s the man she deserves. Today, Jen, Steve, and Chris all sit down together for the very first time in almost a year to hopefully clear the air – but, will Steve allow Chris to get a word in? Are they able to move forward and learn to co-parent? Or, is it time to move on? Tune in to find out.

4/9: Update: “Dr. Phil Saved My Alcoholic Wife’s Life,” and “Dr. Phil Gave Me a Second Chance”

A few months ago, Keith and his wife of 28 years, JoLynn, visited Dr. Phil’s stage for the first time after making news headlines when JoLynn was arrested for public intoxication. JoLynn and Keith have returned with an unbelievable update. JoLynn thanks Dr. Phil for helping her make a dramatic change in her life. For the past few months, JoLynn has been supported by Dr. Deena Manion, Clinical Officer, and the staff at Westwind Recovery. Later, meet Dr. Phil Associate Producer Lindy Foust, who thanks Dr. Phil for giving her a second chance after her addiction to Adderall, Vicodin, and alcohol adversely affected her life and her ability to properly perform her job. Lindy’s parents, Susan and Butch, share their thoughts on their daughter’s recovery, as well as their gratitude to Dr. Phil and his staff.

• Love 1
On 4/3/2021 at 1:36 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

4/7: “Karen’s Catfish: Will She Believe the Truth”

Dr. Phil continues his conversation with Mindy and her mother, Karen, who claimed to be in love with a man she had never met named “Thomas.” Despite Dr. Phil providing Karen with seemingly overwhelming evidence that “Thomas” was indeed a catfish, Karen seemed to have a hard time grasping what had happened to her and who was behind the scam.

Can a human be this dense and needy?   Karen's situation points to YES!   Karen has seen multiple catfish episodes of the show and has still fallen prey to multiple scammers.   This dumb old pruneface wants to be loved so bad that she couldn't see that she was a victim over 13 times.  She's so hot and desirable that men fall in love with her after a few days!   A tiny part of me finds this level of need to be sad but I will always point and laugh at these disasters, too.  Her daughter needs to give up on this one... she'll be shelling out the dough again.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, patty1h said:

Can a human be this dense and needy?   Karen's situation points to YES!   Karen has seen multiple catfish episodes of the show and has still fallen prey to multiple scammers.   This dumb old pruneface wants to be loved so bad that she couldn't see that she was a victim over 13 times.  She's so hot and desirable that men fall in love with her after a few days!   A tiny part of me finds this level of need to be sad but I will always point and laugh at these disasters, too.  Her daughter needs to give up on this one... she'll be shelling out the dough again.

I agree that the stupidity is strong in this one, but I was a little disconcerted yesterday by the daughter's seeming to laugh at the situation.  I know she's got to be done and frustrated, but the daughter would come across better if she were quietly agreeing with Dr. Phil and not snickering at her mother.

• Love 5

Listen, y'all---do not take medical advice from a doctor who pronounces diabetes like he is Wilfred Brimley. Also-do not take any medical advice from Dr. Shill who last year compared the risk of dying from Covid to that of drowning in a swimming pool. Never forget. See also-anything Dr. Oz says. That being said, get your vaccine ---but not because of this clown segment on this shameless "Dr's" show.

• Love 11
21 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Listen, y'all---do not take medical advice from a doctor who pronounces diabetes like he is Wilfred Brimley. Also-do not take any medical advice from Dr. Shill who last year compared the risk of dying from Covid to that of drowning in a swimming pool. Never forget. See also-anything Dr. Oz says. That being said, get your vaccine ---but not because of this clown segment on this shameless "Dr's" show.

Did you see where Dr. Oz had lowest ratings as Jeopardy guest host? He and Shill are the worst. Didn't need 2 days of poor dumb catfish woman. 

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

Did you see where Dr. Oz had lowest ratings as Jeopardy guest host? He and Shill are the worst. Didn't need 2 days of poor dumb catfish woman. 

We boycotted the Dr. Oz Jeopardy episodes! So glad to hear that others did too. We have to stop these charletons from killing us all.

• Love 7
On 4/7/2021 at 3:59 PM, AZChristian said:

I agree that the stupidity is strong in this one, but I was a little disconcerted yesterday by the daughter's seeming to laugh at the situation.  I know she's got to be done and frustrated, but the daughter would come across better if she were quietly agreeing with Dr. Phil and not snickering at her mother.

I think the daughter realizes that no matter what the Doc tells her, and proves is fake to her mother, that the fool will keep sending every penny to him.      I hope the adult kids of the catfish fools tell them that when they are homeless and broke, that they better figure out where to live, and how to support themselves.     I bet even the few catfish people that do accept the person is ripping them off, go out and find another person who is lying to them, and ripping them off. 

• Love 3

I just had a brilliant idea that Karen's daughter should consider for the next time she sees her mom on dating sites.  It shouldn't be too hard to get Karen's info and then daughter can create an account on mom's dating site of choice - the perfect man.   With this account, she should connect with her mom as the man of her dreams, professing love and happily ever after.   It's devious and kinda shady, but it will keep Karen busy and her money in the bank.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, patty1h said:

I just had a brilliant idea that Karen's daughter should consider for the next time she sees her mom on dating sites.  It shouldn't be too hard to get Karen's info and then daughter can create an account on mom's dating site of choice - the perfect man.   With this account, she should connect with her mom as the man of her dreams, professing love and happily ever after.   It's devious and kinda shady, but it will keep Karen busy and her money in the bank.

This is actually brilliant! Yes, she should do this because I agree. She will continue to be catfished.

• Love 8

Next week:

Monday: A missing mom whose looks are apparently important enough to mention.

4/12: Vanished: Where is Maya?

The mystery deepens in the case of beautiful missing mom Maya Millete, who vanished from her home in California. Maya’s sister and brother-in-law claim she was in a volatile marriage and just days away from meeting with a divorce attorney when she disappeared. They also claim her husband, Larry, isn’t helping them search for her. Plus, a family friend describes his visit inside the home. He claims he saw fans blowing and the windows open, as if the place was being aired out. He also claims he noticed what looked like a freshly repaired hole in the couple’s bedroom door. Her family says her children are asking, “Where is mommy?” Where is missing Maya?

Tuesday: A hoarder who gets help from Robin for some reason.

4/13: “Help! Our Home is One Big Storage Unit!”

Jodee says her husband, Charlie, has a hoarding problem. Charlie says he doesn’t like that word; he says he’s a collector with nine kayaks, nine backpacks, 10 bikes, 40 guitars, 60 soccer balls, 100 soccer jerseys, 100-plus fishing rods, a wall of amplifiers, drum sets, camping gear and more! Jodee says she feels like she’s living in one big junk-filled storage unit. Charlie says he doesn't call it junk because it’s all good stuff. Jodee says now her husband’s obsessive “collections” have spread past their 2,400 sq. ft. house and into the garage, two sheds, two vans, three cars, and an RV -- and she's had enough! To add to Jodee’s stress with Charlie’s 12-year clutter problem, she says she inherited her mother’s house and all its belongings when she passed away five months ago, and with escrow closing at the end of next month, she says she’s stressed out with all the clutter that surrounds her. Find out what Robin has planned for this family.

Wednesday: A woman whose phobia will probably be blamed on her mother.

4/14: “I’m Afraid My Phobia and OCD Will Ruin My Wedding!”

Jamie says for 17 years, she has dealt with OCD and the fear of throwing up. She says she is fearful to leave the house and feels safest in her bed. Jamie says she can’t hold down a job because her fear of throwing up takes over her life. She says it gets so bad that she will get panic attacks where she will twitch and pull her hair three-to-four times a day. Her fiancé, Brent, says her phobia has caused tension in their relationship and hopes she can walk down the aisle on their wedding day. Jamie’s parents, Kristi and Jerry, say their daughter’s anxiety developed during her childhood.

Thursday: Surprise! Another angry, violent son (whose behavior will probably be blamed on his mother).

4/15: “Threatened By My Second Grader”

Faren says her 7-year-old son, Michael’s, all-day tantrums have become the main event in her home. She says Michael is aggressive, violent, and loud, and she can’t take it anymore. She says he screams, kicks, and punches people, pets, and even himself. Faren and her boyfriend, Ricky, say they spend all day trying to control Michael, and nothing calms the boy down. Michael’s father, Steven, says his son is well-behaved at his home, and it’s Faren that antagonizes their child. Faren’s stepmom, Valinda, says her grandson needs attention from his mom, and since Ricky and a new child have moved into Faren’s house, Michael is having a challenging time getting enough attention. Is there hope for Michael?

Friday: Boring vaping crap.

4/16: “I’m Addicted to Vaping!”

Vaping has become a popular alternative to smoking cigarettes, but is vaping safer or less addictive? First, Dr. Phil sits down with Carissa, who says she turned to vaping to quit her cigarette addiction and vapes “practically nonstop.” Carissa’s daughter, Alexa, says she’s concerned about her mother’s vaping, but claims Carissa doesn’t want to believe that it could be potentially dangerous. Then, Dr. Phil meets 20-year-old Damion, who says he’s certain he’s going to be the next big social media influencer and R&B star. However, Damion’s parents say he’s “lazy,” “entitled,” and spends practically all his time in his room vaping! Are Damion’s dreams destined to go up in smoke? Find out!

Edited by iHateAmpersands
Changed the formatting of the schedule
  • LOL 1
18 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

Monday: A missing mom whose looks are apparently important enough to mention.

Every crime documentary does it to.  If people say "she lit up the room when she walked in" and "everyone loved her", you know they're going to end up in a body bag.  

• Love 4
On 4/1/2021 at 10:14 AM, Tango64 said:

That Mark Anthony guy is scary. So manic, hyper, utterly convinced he is in the right and guided directly by God. A woman married to him would be in great danger of physical abuse. The emotional abuse is a given.

Mark wants to abuse all women in the name of God, what a pig.

• Love 1

Do any of you remember this show from 2015 (it was on OWN yesterday)?  The female college instructor who let a wayward student (female) move in with her so she could "fix" her.  It ended up being a sh*tshow from hell.  The teen had her fired for inappropriate things and had texts allegedly from the teacher (texts were not on the teacher's phone) threatening to kill her, blah blah blah.  Student child is clearly very disturbed or at least acts so.  She brought her boyfriend with her.  Teacher said she was the victim not the student and was guilty of nothing but trying to help someone.  Dr. Phil of course just gave her those infamous stares and took up completely for the unstable student who obviously faked the text messages.  

I'm just wondering 6 years later what is going on in their lives and if the teacher ever got back to work teaching.

On 4/10/2021 at 7:14 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

Thursday: Surprise! Another angry, violent son (whose behavior will probably be blamed on his mother).

What's his catch line in his shows like this?  Sometime about he doesn't wonder why but why not or something like that.  In other words child is perfectly justified and vindicated.

That poor kid. I come from a family like this where everyone gets divorced, boyfriend moves in and starts acting like the dad, young kids are so hurt, frustrated, lost but can't express anything in a constructive way. And if they did, the adults wouldn't care. The way they berated and antagonized that boy when he was distraught was just terrible to see. 

I usually think Dr. Phil goes overboard with blaming it on the parents when kids go wild, but this poor boy just needed a different home environment. That asshole boyfriend who came in at 24 years old and started disciplining the kid, fuck him. And the mother.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Tango64 said:

I usually think Dr. Phil goes overboard with blaming it on the parents when kids go wild, but this poor boy just needed a different home environment. That asshole boyfriend who came in at 24 years old and started disciplining the kid, fuck him. And the mother.

Agreed. I was livid watching this episode. At one point the boy was retreating and quiet, and the mom was egging him on like a bratty big sister, not his mother! A seven-year-old boy with a “normal” life isn’t going to have emotional regulation, let alone one who has had many different disruptions in his life, and I’m glad Dr. Phil made the timeline — and recommended that Boyfriend and NuSibling move out! I hope his father weans him off the mafia games (seriously, dude, those games are the same as letting your kid watch R-rated movies; they make games for kids!) and petitions for more custody (he said his fiancé was better at discipline with the boy than Mom), but he didn’t seem very keen on that idea. When he cried to himself “I hate myself”, my heart broke. And fuck the boyfriend for saying he was only hitting himself to make himself redder. Hell, in ADULTS, self-injurious behavior is when someone can’t regulate their emotions in a healthy way because they lack the skills to do so, let alone when a child does it!

Edited by JakeyJokes
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

I’m glad Dr. Phil made the timeline — and recommended that Boyfriend and NuSibling move out!

During the After the Taping segment, the boyfriend said he had no intention of moving out. If he won't do that and the father won't stop letting his young son play video games meant for adults, it's safe to say that nothing's going to change in that family.

This week: hoarding, mind control, twins with familiar names and yet another got-danged angry, violent (grand)son.

4/19: “Help! My Mom’s an Empty Mess-Ter”

Jackie emailed Dr. Phil over 660 times because she says ever since her daughter went to college, she can’t see the floor of her house because of the clutter! She says she started recycling scrap metal, and now, it’s turned her home into a “hellhole torture chamber.” Jackie says the last time anyone besides her daughter stepped foot in her house was seven years ago. Jackie says her relationship with her daughter has been strained. Shayla says her mom kicked her out of the house years back, and she’s never been able to discuss why. Will Dr. Phil be able to clear some paths to forgiveness for this mother-daughter duo? Will Jackie be able to dig out from the mess in order to finally make things right with her daughter?

4/20 “My Wife Claims She is Being Mind Controlled”

Rachel claims she’s a victim of sexual abuse, human trafficking, and mind control. She says she’s lived a life of constant fear and abuse since she was a child and is still mysteriously triggered, controlled and violated. Her husband, Ben, says he believes his wife’s story completely and wants her to be free from these triggers ruling their lives.

4/21: “Traumatic Past and Odd Behavior: Is My Cousin Having a Breakdown?”

Stephanie claims her cousin Bonnie is in the midst of a mental breakdown. She says Bonnie moved in with her for a month, and everyone is walking on eggshells around her. She says Bonnie has had a traumatic life involving abuse, sexual assault, and involvement in the adult entertainment industry. Bonnie’s Aunt Cyndi claims Bonnie’s manic episodes are getting worse and are happening more often. Bonnie says she is handling her past by using mushrooms and smoking weed. Bonnie says her family needs to be understanding of how hard her past was and that she is trying to make it in life.

4/22: “My Twin Sister Thinks She is Etta James Reincarnated!”

Tamera claims that not only does she look exactly like Etta James, she claims she is Etta James reincarnated! Tamera says the four-time Grammy winner entered her body soon after her death in 2012. Ever since, she claims she’s had visions of Etta James’ life and says she is now ready to restart her music career and show the world that Etta James is back! But Tamera’s mother, Debra, and Tamera’s twin sister, Tia, say Tamera is “delusional” and not in any way Etta James. They say they absolutely refuse to call Tamera “Etta,” which they say has led to the family completely fracturing. Later, Bishop T.D. Jakes, founder of The Potter’s House Church, a non-denominational, multicultural church in Dallas, Texas, joins Dr. Phil to discuss the way we speak and why words matter. Bishop Jakes is also a New York Times bestselling author whose latest book, Don’t Drop the Mic: The Power of Words Can Change the World, is in bookstores and online now.

4/23: “Violence, Arrests, School Drop Out and Drugs: My Grandson Needs Help!”

Lee says his 17-year-old nephew, Dakota, is out of control. He says Dakota grew up in a toxic environment, and after his father died by suicide, he moved in with his grandparents, Catherine and Jim, and has acted out even more. Catherine says Dakota hangs out with wannabe gang members, drug addicts and troublemakers. Catherine says she can’t use tough love with her grandson because she holds guilt from his father’s suicide. Dakota’s older brother Hayden turned his life around, so can he help get his brother on the right path?

I hadn't seen Dr. Phil in years and had the misfortune to have this episode be the one I did. I seem to remember Phil used to give a couple of episodes and more serious seeming attention to a situation like this. I was left wondering what was to become of that poor child.

A virtual Dr. won't cut it with the immature abusive bozos calling themselves "parental figures". The angry chuckle head boyfriend gave me insurrection- capital-storming-idiot vibes. Just bet he relishes being able to punish the boy and has no intention of taking advice from Phil or any other expert. He should be forced to move out if he won't leave because another bet says he won't be able to control himself with that child when the screaming starts.

And the mom? I have never been able to fathom women who put boyfriends/ men before their children-- especially small children. Beyond selfish. And don't think her son hasn't overheard her stating she wants to give him away.

This is such a heartbreaker. If ever there seems a need for serious intervention-- for Phil to ride in in full White Knight rescue mode this certainly seems to be the one. Very disappointed that he's seemingly become complacent instead of reading those authoritarian excuses for parents the riot act.

I know the foster system is broken and I have no solution to offer - which frustrates me no end. The bio dad with a 2 bedrm place saying his son has no space of his own in dads home entirely misses the fact that the child already has no space of his own living with a mother who wishes he didn't exist and a fat angry babyman boyfriend with no concept of what a child needs beyond orders and demands for blind obedience. The only hope I can see is the dad and step mom realizes how direly the boy needs to be living with them instead of the "mother".

Lastly, let us not forget these folks are from Florida...🙄

Hope we don't wind up reading about this poor kid perpetrating a mass shooting in 10 yrs or so...

• Love 2

I watched some of todays episode "My Wife Claims She's Being Mind Controlled" because I like to play TV psychiatrist and guess what the condition is before Phil gives his diagnosis.    This woman had delusions that she was being stalked and used by a sex trafficking ring, and her husband believed it.   Umm, okay.   

This story was just too over-the-top.   When Phil drones on about fugue states and stress causing this woman's beliefs, I had to bail from annoyance and didn't get enough info to guess her illness.    However, I'm curious what the final outcome was... what did Phil determine to be behind this weird fantasy?  Some of the folks who appear on the show have got to be those wackos who make up outlandish scenarios just to get a trip to CA, but this couple was hard to read - could not pick up a vibe from them. 

On the other hand, these Phil episodes where seemingly "normal" people just seem to lose their damn minds are kind of scary.  I've seen ones where men/women suddenly end up living in a cardboard box or a tent and think that cameras are following them, or that they have alien implants in their teeth or the CIA wants them dead.   It's unnerving that mental health is so fragile.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 1

Dr. Phil really lets down kids on his show. He did zero in on the problems with that family, particularly the boyfriend coming in and trying to discipline abusing the boy, but then he just says "y'all do some Doctor on Demand with by my son Jay, you ought to leave the house, okay?" and that's it. The guests promptly say nothing is going to change. Dr. Phil shuffles off in his puffy sneakers and that's it. 

It reminds me of an episode from years back that still infuriates me. It was a hoarder episode with a mom who had a house that was not just full but also insanely filthy. There was a boy of about 13 who talked about having to scratch out a small place on the sofa to sleep, how he hated the filthy conditions, couldn't have friends over, was depressed all the time. 

So he has the mother on stage and shows her a few items taken from her home. "This is an old Lay's potato chip bag? What are you saving this for?" He says it with a smile and a laugh, the audience chuckles. More lighthearted banter about how she's silly for keeping these things. An hour later he arranges a cleaning crew, the show ends and he never says or does anything about this poor child living in such terrible conditions. It was just a "You're so silly for hoarding all this stuff!" talk, and the boy probably continues living in filth today.

2 hours ago, patty1h said:

I watched some of todays episode "My Wife Claims She's Being Mind Controlled" because I like to play TV psychiatrist and guess what the condition is before Phil gives his diagnosis.    This woman had delusions that she was being stalked and used by a sex trafficking ring, and her husband believed it.   Umm, okay.   

This story was just too over-the-top.   When Phil drones on about fugue states and stress causing this woman's beliefs, I had to bail from annoyance and didn't get enough info to guess her illness.    However, I'm curious what the final outcome was... what did Phil determine to be behind this weird fantasy?  Some of the folks who appear on the show have got to be those wackos who make up outlandish scenarios just to get a trip to CA, and this couple was hard to read - could not pick up a vibe from them. 

On the other hand, these Phil episodes where seemingly "normal" people just seem to lose their damn minds are kind of scary.  I've seen ones where men/women suddenly end up living in a cardboard box or a tent and think that cameras are following them, or that they have alien implants in their teeth or the CIA wants them dead.   It's unnerving that mental health is so fragile.

I watched the beginning and then it was cut off by breaking news. It was just too over the top. Her husband was sleeping next to her and she was being taken out of the house twice a week without him noticing? Then a couple of times he caught her trying to leave and stopped her and the sex abusers didn’t seem to care. Also no proof of where the texts came from or any proof of anything. Really bizarre case in that the husband believes all of this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Breaking News! Thought Shill did a good job with Empty Messter. That poor woman had such a sad, quiet dignity about her.  She had a tough life and I really think Shill did well with her. Of course he recommended Dr. On Demand, but he did help her clean. Score a tiny one for Phil.

I also missed the second half of the episode about the woman who claimed to be controlled by a sex trafficking ring. Really wanted to see what Dr. Phil would say because I call BS on the whole thing. Maybe her story about being abused as a child was real, but the story about currently being controlled was just ridiculous.

I couldn't figure out the husband. Is he playing along with her story to get on tv, or whatever their end game is, or is he really that stupid? I think the former, because if I found out my wife was being summoned to a rape gang and leaving the house twice a week in the middle of the night, I'd never sleep again. And I'd have all the doors deadbolted with a key that only I have and she can't find. 

But it sounded like he wakes up and says, "Oh you were summoned and voluntarily left our home to have sex with strangers again? Dang, hate it when that happens."

• Love 3
12 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

A poster on Reddit said the reason we don't see Robin's creams and potions advertised anymore was because the business went kaput. 

The website is still up, but there are no prices listed and no "shopping cart" that most retail sites have.  If it were mine, I'd take it down.  

I wonder how much THAT "hobby" cost Dr. Phil.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

A poster on Reddit said the reason we don't see Robin's creams and potions advertised anymore was because the business went kaput. 

2 of her skin care products are on Amazon.

One is $299.99, 12 reviews, 3 stars

Another is $556.95, 3 reviews, 2 and 1/2 stars

Several of her products are on Ebay.

Reveiws on Glassdoor re: working at the company are horrible. Worth taking a glance at.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Robin-McGraw-Revelation-Reviews-E1414803.htm

Someone wrote this as a "con" working for the company.

Robin is a narcissistic, delusional witch who pretends to be sweet and caring but then turns around and gossips about you behind your back and makes fun of peoples weight, clothing, and makeup. Very unprofessional. Very bad morale. She and the president David have no clue how to run a beauty company so they constantly fire people to hide their own incompetency. I lasted 4 months but should of quit sooner. Stay away!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, iHateAmpersands said:

Reincarnated Etta James: yet another show with guests just wanting to be on TV; the show is either not vetting guests as well as they used to or they just don't care anymore.

This episode is another in a long line of ridiculously hypocritical and cynical efforts to pathologize the same shameless famewhoring that Phil and his family are guilty of. This silly girl wants to be a famous singer. She's willing to perpetrate this Etta James nonsense if it will get her the fame and success she desires. For goodness sake, Lady Gaga was told she was too ugly to have a successful pop career. It's why she constantly slathered herself in weird shit just to get people to notice her. She doesn't cover herself in too much weird shit now. Lizzy Grant had to remake herself as Lana Del Rey. Britney Spears had to rock her sweet sexy virgin schtick for far too long. If anyone is dumb enough to think you might not need a gimmick to get people to pay attention to you in the music industry and Hollywood, then they aren't paying attention to literally everything they've seen from both industries for the past 100 years. This wasn't a real problem or topic.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

If anyone is dumb enough to think you might not need a gimmick to get people to pay attention to you in the music industry and Hollywood, then they aren't paying attention to literally everything they've seen from both industries for the past 100 years. This wasn't a real problem or topic.

He seemed to really be pushing Doctor on Demand more than usual on her towards the end, so that's likely why this made it on-air.

(It also gave him some time to promote the new book from his good friend Bishop TD Jakes, which might or might not be published by MySonJay's publishing company since it wasn't mentioned.)

• Love 4

Next week:

4/26: “My Narcissistic Drama Queen Teen is Dead to Me”

Mya says she’s tired of everyone in her life being jealous of her, wanting to be her, and tearing her down. She says even her own father, Jim, is “so jealous” of her that he is trying to ride on the coattails of her internet fame! Mya says she livestreams her life 24/7, including while she sleeps, and one night, her viewers overheard her father yelling at her younger sister. She says in retaliation, her father kicked her out of his house and told her she was dead to him! Jim says after he kicked Mya out, he learned that she had become one of the most hated women on the internet for her insults, degrading language, and for berating a woman who allegedly was wearing a wig because she has cancer! Jim says Mya has been slandering his name on the internet, claiming he was abusive to her in her childhood, and says he wants to clear his name. Mya says her dad is nothing but a liar and everything she has said about her father is 100% the absolute truth.

4/27: “Something is Seriously Wrong with My Mother”

Dr. Phil meets Sara, an attorney who says over the past year, her 67-year-old mother, Chris’, mental health has declined to such a worrying extent, she has been Baker Acted and cannot be trusted around her own grandchildren. Sara says Chris disappeared for two days last year after mailing a “manifesto” to a major news network about strategies to end Donald Trump’s Presidency. Sara says when she found her mother, she contacted the police who recommended taking her to the emergency room for a wellness check. However, after evaluating Chris, the ER doctor Baker Acted her, and she was sent to a mental health facility for 16 days. Dr. Phil then welcomes Chris, who says this whole ordeal has been a huge misunderstanding and that she is not mentally compromised in any way. Watch while Chris repeatedly challenges her daughter Sara and husband, Christopher, while Dr. Phil offers a potentially life-changing resource to Chris to determine her brain health once and for all. Will Chris take the help? Tune in to find out!

4/28: "90210" Star AnnaLynne McCord Reveals Dissociative Identity Disorder Diagnosis

Actress AnnaLynne McCord, known for her roles on 90210 and Nip/Tuck, says she is “uninterested in shame” as she bravely shares her diagnosis and battle with dissociative identity disorder (DID), formerly referred to as multiple personality disorder. Joined by her doctor, the star reveals why she made the decision to share her journey. She reveals what it was like living with multiple personalities that she says she created to protect her from past childhood trauma, and how she healed. AnnaLynne says she is determined to work to help destigmatize mental illness.

4/29: “My 3-Month-Old Grandson Was Murdered; Who is To Blame?”

Elke and Steven are grieving the devastating loss of their 3-month-old son, Lucas, who died tragically in May of last year. As if living through the unbearable loss is not enough, the circumstances of Lucas’ death are still a mystery. Steven says he’s now under investigation but is innocent and would never hurt his child, and his girlfriend, Elke, believes him. His mother, Melissa, wrote to Dr. Phil desperate for help because she says she suspects Elke is responsible for her grandson’s death. Elke says she would never hurt her child, and she’s still in shock at the loss of her infant son

4/30: “Who Killed Baby Lucas?”

In part two of the mystery surrounding the tragic death of 3-month-old baby Lucas, parents Elke and Steven hear from a world-renowned expert regarding traumatic brain injuries and abuse in children. Find out what Dr. Phil learns about the possible timing and cause of Lucas’ death.

On 4/22/2021 at 5:09 PM, HunterHunted said:

This episode is another in a long line of ridiculously hypocritical and cynical efforts to pathologize the same shameless famewhoring that Phil and his family are guilty of. This silly girl wants to be a famous singer. She's willing to perpetrate this Etta James nonsense if it will get her the fame and success she desires.

I didn't know if this episode was a joke on the audience or a person with a genuine problem.  I'm thinking she is loving all the attention.  

Girl--you don't look like Etta James (even with the ridiculous wig) and you sure don't sing like her.  And you need an attitude adjustment really badly.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

The eyes on the mother of the dead 3 month old were so disturbing I could barely look at her. If anyone else is old enough to remember Linda Blair’s eyes before the priest arrived will recognize her in the evil eyes of  Elke.  Chilling and beyond terrified for this new baby on the way. Wtf is up with the guy impregnating her. Good grief man are you blind?

Edited by Dahlia
  • Love 6
On 4/29/2021 at 10:58 PM, Dahlia said:

The eyes on the mother of the dead 3 month old were so disturbing I could barely look at her.

Her affect was strange. Her mannerisms and behavior were off. I'm not saying she did anything to the child, but there was enough off about her that I could understand why her mother-in-law might jump to that conclusion. I wouldn't be shocked to learn that she was on the spectrum, but not diagnosed and had absolutely no clue that she was presenting strangely to others.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Her affect was strange. Her mannerisms and behavior were off. I'm not saying she did anything to the child, but there was enough off about her that I could understand why her mother-in-law might jump to that conclusion. I wouldn't be shocked to learn that she was on the spectrum, but not diagnosed and had absolutely no clue that she was presenting strangely to others.

It's hard for me to understand how she doesn't remember details about the night her child had to be rushed to the hospital.  Normally, a crisis like that will heighten your senses and you remember almost every detail.

First, she said she didn't feed him the night before.  Then when Dr. Phil asked her again, she said she did.  And then she thought she did, but he didn't drink much.  Huh????

Something really sinister going on there . . . maybe he did it while she was out, and then tried to tell her how to help him cover it up, but she's not very bright and couldn't keep the story straight.

IDK, but it's sad that an innocent child lost his life.

• Love 7

This week:

5/3: “Our Mom Lived Without Heat and Water … For Online Scammers!”

Sisters Stacey and Traci say their mom, Gail, is “blinded by love,” and currently being scammed by her online boyfriend, “Matt Hurley.” However, Gail says her relationship with “Matt Hurley” couldn’t be clearer – and after four years – she would know if he wasn’t the “caring and truthful” man she fell in love with. Stacey and Traci claim Gail was living without running water and heat so she could send money to “Matt Hurley,” and they are desperate for her to end the relationship. How much money has Gail really sent to “Matt Hurley” – and how much does she really know about “him”? Tune in for part one of this two-part global investigation.

5/4: Dr. Phil Goes Global: Where is “Matt Hurley”?

Dr. Phil continues his conversation with Gail and her two daughters, Stacey and Traci, who claim their mom has lost everything due to an online romance scam. Gail says that’s not the case -- she insists her boyfriend of four years, “Matt Hurley,” is the real deal but is stuck in Nigeria and can’t afford a plane ticket to the U.S. Gail says for the past two years, “Matt Hurley” has been staying at a hotel in Warri, Nigeria. When Dr. Phil sends a producer to that location, what does he find? And, Dr. Phil finds the man in “Matt Hurley’s” photos. Where is he located, and what does he have to say to Gail? Tune in today to find out.

5/5: “Our 11-Year-Old is Starving Herself to Death”

Matt wrote to Dr. Phil because he says his 11-year-old daughter, Hannah, has been battling an eating disorder since she was 9, and doctors have told him and his wife, Malina, that their daughter’s is one of the toughest cases they’ve ever seen. Malina says Hannah used to light up every room before she started spiraling out of control and lying to hide food and exercise. Matt says Hannah went from being the class president to violent outbursts, compulsive exercising, and being force-fed with a feeding tube – and he sees his daughter slipping through the cracks.

5/6: “Help! I’m Engaged to a Womanizing, Love-Bombing Psychopath!”

Jennifer says she’s engaged for the fourth time to the same man, Steven, and needs Dr. Phil’s help to figure out if she should leave him now or find a way to save their relationship before they walk down the aisle. Jennifer claims Steven is an abusive, womanizing, sex-addicted, psychopath. She says their relationship has been in turmoil for three of the four years they’ve been together, but she doesn’t understand why she can’t ever seem to fully walk away. Steven claims the reason their relationship is so rocky is because Jennifer drinks too much alcohol and can’t ever seem to let go of the past. Steven says he believes their relationship is worth fighting for and says giving up is not an option. Will Jennifer and Steven stay together, or is it time for them to part ways?

5/7: "Where is Baby James?"

A desperate search for a missing 2-year-old boy in Texas, and a horrifying new discovery. Baby James’ family say they haven’t seen the toddler since Thanksgiving and claim his mother gave them a string of weak excuses when they asked where he was. In an exclusive interview, James’ great aunt says she feared something terrible had happened to the baby. She made a secret recording of her niece, the child’s mother, D’Lanny Chairez, who insisted that she had placed her son for adoption. But James' great aunt says she wasn’t buying it, and when she went into D’Lanny’s home to search for James, she says what she found horrified her -- a terrible smell and a bloody blanket that police believe came from the baby’s crib. Was D’Lanny telling the truth about her son’s whereabouts? Don’t miss the shocking update.

• Love 1
(edited)

The catfish episodes were about the only reason that I tuned in to Phil these days -- nothing better than watching someone being a hot mess, right?  After today, I think I must have reached my cap on the catfish/love scam shows because this latest left me pretty bored and not invested in the details.   I guess there are only so many times I can hear a tally of how much money the victim has spent, read the silly love notes the scammer sends, watch the victim look like a goon while Phil shows them all of the cold, hard facts of how the love of their life is not real, lives in Nigeria and is using them as an ATM.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 3
On 5/1/2021 at 8:19 PM, AZChristian said:

It's hard for me to understand how she doesn't remember details about the night her child had to be rushed to the hospital.  Normally, a crisis like that will heighten your senses and you remember almost every detail.

First, she said she didn't feed him the night before.  Then when Dr. Phil asked her again, she said she did.  And then she thought she did, but he didn't drink much.  Huh????

Something really sinister going on there . . . maybe he did it while she was out, and then tried to tell her how to help him cover it up, but she's not very bright and couldn't keep the story straight.

IDK, but it's sad that an innocent child lost his life.

I found her memory very strange, it was only 1 year ago that this tragedy happened! I lost my daughter to cancer 19 years ago, and the night she died, I still remember every detail,  how I was feeling, down to even what I was wearing to sleep in that night.(We were sleeping in her room at the hospital by then) How she can't remember every detail only 1 year ago shocks me, it was her own baby! Something fishy went on, we will probably never know the truth. I just hope the second baby survives and thrives.

• Love 1

ON 4/22/2021 AT 10:55 AM, AZCHRISTIAN SAID:

2 of her skin care products are on Amazon.

One is $299.99, 12 reviews, 3 stars

Another is $556.95, 3 reviews, 2 and 1/2 stars

Several of her products are on Ebay.

Reveiws on Glassdoor re: working at the company are horrible. Worth taking a glance at.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Robin-McGraw-Revelation-Reviews-E1414803.htm

Someone wrote this as a "con" working for the company.

Robin is a narcissistic, delusional witch who pretends to be sweet and caring but then turns around and gossips about you behind your back and makes fun of peoples weight, clothing, and makeup. Very unprofessional. Very bad morale. She and the president David have no clue how to run a beauty company so they constantly fire people to hide their own incompetency. I lasted 4 months but should of quit sooner. Stay away!!

Are those glassdoor reviews vetted or can anyone post anything?  I doubt Robin would say such things IN PUBLIC.  I'm not her biggest fan, but I did appreciate her interview with Katherine Schwarzenegger Pratt on forgiveness.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I didn't realize that this catfish episode was a 2-parter cause I bailed early yesterday, then I see Gail again on my screen and I stop to watch a bit.  I had forgotten all about Gail being scammed by "Vin Diesel" too.   I watched to the point when Phil got "Matt Hurley" on camera and Gail was still trying to spin a way for this Venezuelan guy to be an engineer trapped in Nigeria.  She is so delusional.  I wonder what happens in the brain to make these folks be so resistant to see the truth?

Her daughter says Gail has watched other episodes of the show with love scams but still got caught up.   I must have missed Gail's explanation as to why she chose to believe that her situation was real, even after seeing past shows and all of the red flags that her daughters were pointing out.   Did she try to explain it or sit there looking duh?   

Edited by patty1h
8 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I only watch the catfish episodes that are older when they show them on OWN.   There are some real classics on there.  

There are catfish epis on OWN?? I never saw any of them scheduled, what are the titles of the show when they are on? I love watching them, I know I am strange about things like that!

7 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

There are catfish epis on OWN?? I never saw any of them scheduled, what are the titles of the show when they are on? I love watching them, I know I am strange about things like that!

They're Dr. Phil reruns, and have some of the classic ones.     They also rerun the regular show a day or so after it airs on the syndicated show.     

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

They're Dr. Phil reruns, and have some of the classic ones.     They also rerun the regular show a day or so after it airs on the syndicated show.     

Thank-you!

• Love 1
On 4/21/2021 at 7:04 PM, parrotfeathers said:

Robin needs to gain ten pounds and have a MAJOR MAKEOVER.  It's creepy to see Skeletor bobbling/smiling whenever the camera is ordered to feature her.  She can look great for her age...and she has the time and money to make it happen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Robin needs to gain ten pounds and have a MAJOR MAKEOVER.  It's creepy to see Skeletor bobbling/smiling whenever the camera is ordered to feature her.  She can look great for her age...and she has the time and money to make it happen.

I am so sick of Robin nodding her head constantly to anything Phil says . It’s literally every time the camera pans to her and it drives me nuts . You can just smile without nodding up and down to anything and everything . Also , if your skin creams work so well .. why not use them rather than get every plastic surgery known to man ? 

I wish for once Dr. Phil would ask these catfish “ victims “ what makes them feel so insecure that they can fall for this insanity ? I mean , he goes on about the scammer the whole time , but I wish he’d also focus on the root of the problem which are the people who fall for this and allow it to happen . You can’t fix scammers. They are everywhere and will continue to be everywhere . But you should try to fix the mindset of these gullible idiots ( for a lack of a better word .) 

• Love 12