Type keyword(s) to search

Live Audience / Closed Set

TVMovieBuff

I think I figured out what is bugging me about the first 2 episodes of this new 7th season. I don't have any of this on authority, just my own observation. I could be wrong. 

Mom used to be filmed in front of a live audience. Now this season, it is not. The acting, despite the stellar cast, changes a bit. The actors are not feeding off an audience's reaction, and things are slightly different. 

The sets are the same, but it seems a bit tighter. The director is keeping the camera work mostly the same, but some angles are a little different. The energy is different from a live audience. 

I like closed set shows just fine, like Modern Family. But I want Mom back the way I fell in love with it.

On 10/4/2019 at 6:19 AM, TVMovieBuff said:

I think I figured out what is bugging me about the first 2 episodes of this new 7th season. I don't have any of this on authority, just my own observation. I could be wrong. 

Mom used to be filmed in front of a live audience. Now this season, it is not. The acting, despite the stellar cast, changes a bit. The actors are not feeding off an audience's reaction, and things are slightly different. 

The sets are the same, but it seems a bit tighter. The director is keeping the camera work mostly the same, but some angles are a little different. The energy is different from a live audience. 

I like closed set shows just fine, like Modern Family. But I want Mom back the way I fell in love with it.

They’re still filming with a live audience. There are tickets available for episode tapings in the next month. 

Edited by Guest