Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: Pop Pop and a Puma

jewel21

Christy and Adam clash over an incident at the bar, leaving Bonnie in a precarious situation. Also, Jill's new boyfriend, Andy, has trouble finding a way to impress her.

Airdate: 10.03.2019

I don't know what I enjoyed more tonight, Jill's exercise routine at the gym (which I re-watched twice) or Wendy and her braids, lol. 

I also liked Tammy melting in the kitchen and then putting on the hairnet, heh. 

• Love 17
10 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I don't know what I enjoyed more tonight, Jill's exercise routine at the gym (which I re-watched twice) or Wendy and her braids, lol. 

I also liked Tammy melting in the kitchen and then putting on the hairnet, heh. 

Before she did her awesome  workout I was noticing the amazing muscles on her arms...that girl is fit. I also got why the officer got flustered, he thought he was her big strong protector and now that he knows this is not true, he is wondering what he is bringing to the table. Luckily, Jill likes him genuinely for himself and he should not feel pressured to be a manly man to show off for her.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 19
26 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Before she did her amazing workout I was noticing the amazing muscles on her arms...that girl is fit. I also got why the officer got flustered, he thought he was her big strong protector and now that he knows this is not true, he is wondering what he is bringing to the table. Luckily Jill likes him genuinely for himself and he should not feel pressured to be a manly man to show off for her.

I think the parts of the workout where we didn't see Jill's face, was a body double. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
39 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Jill is in good shape whether she can actually do all that exercise routine herself or not.

I was on Christy's side in this one.  No one should have to put up with an abusive customer.

Yeah, all Adam needed to do was say "hey, knock it off" and the guy would probably have stopped. There was no reason for her to put up with that.

• Love 16

Christy owed no one an apology. Adam should have thrown Marv out for Christy, not waited to see he was a real tool to Tammy, then tossed him.

Tammy was hysterical. And her pants.

Whether Jill did all of her own workout or not, she is buff!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, TigerLynx said:

Jill is in good shape whether she can actually do all that exercise routine herself or not.

I was on Christy's side in this one.  No one should have to put up with an abusive customer.

Yep.  Especially since she was doing him a favor. It's one thing to make the decision as an owner to give the table more wings.  It's another to demand Christy apologize to an abusive customer. What was he going to do, fire her?  He needed her more than she needed him.

• Love 14

Christy should have gone to Adam after the "dumb blonde" comment, and Adam should have taken care of things. I would have been entirely on her side if Adam refused to do anything.

But she handled the situation badly (as she almost always does). Taking a dig at the guy related to his wife leaving him  - which she'd just been told was a very sensitive subject - was an indefensible way to handle things, from a customer service standpoint.

• Love 3

Yep.  Especially since she was doing him a favor. It's one thing to make the decision as an owner to give the table more wings.  It's another to demand Christy apologize to an abusive customer. What was he going to do, fire her?  He needed her more than she needed him.

That's sort of where I landed. I think a lot of servers would have had to suck it up and keep their mouths shut just to make sure they got their tip and kept their job but Christy doesn't work there. She was doing Adam a favor by filling in and nothing prevented her from walking out on the spot.

That was a terrible cornrow wig on Wendy. You could see the netting all around her hairline.

I think the parts of the workout where we didn't see Jill's face, was a body double. 

There was only one routine where you couldn't see her face. Jaime Pressly clearly did all the other exercises. I kept waiting for her to mention that she had been to a "fat farm" and learned how to exercise and work out like that.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

That's sort of where I landed. I think a lot of servers would have had to suck it up and keep their mouths shut just to make sure they got their tip and kept their job but Christy doesn't work there. She was doing Adam a favor by filling in and nothing prevented her from walking out on the spot.

Some establishments have rules about employees/servers not having to put up with abusive customers, but yeah, most people, do put up with a lot because they need the tips.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

It looks like the writers found a sweet spot for Tammy. She is no longer the loudmouth overbearing nutjob but instead now fits in with the girls perfectly yet is still funny and lovable. 

This is so true. I've been reading past threads and someone mentioned that the writers found a way to use her more strategically, using her to deliver certain lines. I like what she brings to the show and that she was included in the opening credits.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

That was a terrible cornrow wig on Wendy. You could see the netting all around her hairline.

I had never noticed how big her nose was before. That wig really didn't do her any favors, although that was probably the whole point of it.

• Love 3

I liked Wendy taking the phone call at the end. I'm hoping they make this a fun storyline for her. She keeps getting calls from a man no one sees in real life. They think it's  fake boyfriend, but after multiple episodes find out he is real. 

• Love 5

It looks like the writers found a sweet spot for Tammy. She is no longer the loudmouth overbearing nutjob but instead now fits in with the girls perfectly yet is still funny and lovable. 

Yeah they did a good job of utilizing the ensemble this week, much better than last week when I complained about that very thing. Jill had her own storyline going on with Andy that doesn't involve any of the other group and I enjoyed that. Now maybe even Wendy has a love interest, that could be interesting too. Marjorie is always the one they turn to with their troubles to hear the voice of reason, so I don't expect them to do much to break her out of that mold. They could do more with her and Tammy in their own subplot since they are roommates. 

• Love 6

I loved the running joke of them, once they were done discussing whatever pressing issue, would immediately launch into, “We have got to talk about Wendy’s hair!”

• Love 13

I had a feeling it was all her. The stuff she did was very impressive, but none of it was Cirque du Soleil-level acrobatics that could only be done by an expert. And she showed that she certainly has the guns to pull it off.

• Love 5

I thought it was impressive too!  I thought what she demonstrated could be done by someone who includes those moves in regular training.  I thought other "mom" fans might find that YouTube video interesting.

• Love 4

This story from extra includes information about how Jamie Presley workout became jill's story this week. 

Who was interviewing her and why is she glad he's "back?" Is it Billy Bush?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jmhave825 said:

I thought it was impressive too!  I thought what she demonstrated could be done by someone who includes those moves in regular training.  I thought other "mom" fans might find that YouTube video interesting.

It's great, thanks for posting it. 🥰

• Love 1

Well, after stuffing her into a fat suit for dealing with her pregnancy I'm glad the writers gave her a chance to show off her guns and her skills. I loved Jill and Andy's plot and I'm just glad the character finally catches a bit of a break.

Nobody came out smelling of roses in the plot surrounding Christy, Bonnie and Adam (correction: Tammy did). But I thought it was well-written. It was a difficult scenario to handle as the various opinions in this thread illustrate. Add to that the shifting dynamics in the Plunkett household and you got a perfect storm. It felt realistic.

And we have a new item to add to the list we do know about Wendy: Orlando!

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 9

Mr. Munson had me rolling when he asked Christie "Aren't you like 45?" after she came out of the apartment ranting about how she was going to move out one day.

This was a really terrific ensemble episode.  I also loved the running joke that they kept returning to Wendy's hair when they ran out of other things to talk about too, just as they never told us what exactly transpired in Orlando.  Wendy's got her niche as a open-ended character that can plugged into a joke like that just as Tammy has hers.

I've consistently enjoyed the Christie-Adam dynamic and I like that they were both right and wrong and that I could see where they were each coming from.   Jill's workout routine was great, but at the same time I kept thinking well yeah, other than going to meetings she's got all the time in the world every day to work herself up to that level.  Andy is so likable and plays so well off of Jill I hope he sticks around awhile. 

• Love 11

Best episode in a while. Last week's premier was ok, but it is better when as much of the ensemble is used as possible (especially since they keep adding to the ensemble!).

She keeps getting calls from a man no one sees in real life. They think it's  fake boyfriend, but after multiple episodes find out he is real. 

I don't think the gang has any doubt Wendy's beau is real. She's never been the type to lie to impress them in the past. I think they will want to get a look at him before too long, though. That may be tricky in person; does he live in Orlando? I don't think it was ever spelled out, like so much about Wendy...

Everyone is thinking Wendy met a guy in Orlando, but maybe the guy's name is Orlando. It would be more sensible for her to be involved in an on-going way with a local than someone from who knows where who she happened to meet on vacation in Florida.

Edited by possibilities
8 hours ago, possibilities said:

Everyone is thinking Wendy met a guy in Orlando, but maybe the guy's name is Orlando. It would be more sensible for her to be involved in an on-going way with a local than someone from who knows where who she happened to meet on vacation in Florida.

I think you're right.  She said something like "orlando  sandals".  There obviously isn't a Sandals in Orlando.  She was just saying his name "dreamily".  LOL  

11 minutes ago, Seelouis said:

She said “what happens at Sandals Orlando stays at Sandals Orlando”. Lol.  So I think it is a resort not a person. 

But there isn't a Sandals resort in Orlando.  There isn't actually one anywhere in the US.

• Love 1

I love this show, but I didn't care for the Wendy arc in this episode at all.  The whole cornrows thing was silly and Christy's ignorant question about how does she wash them was insulting.  Newflash, women (especially Black women of various nationalities) have worn their hair like this for ages.  And yes (big surprise!) they do wash their hair.  I just thought if they were going to make Wendy wear that ridiculous wig throughout the episode, they could have at least stayed away from ignorant myths about how/if cornrows and braids are washed.  I couldn't believe they actually had Wendy say that she doesn't wash them.  Talk about reinforcing incorrect information.

• Love 1

Best mom episode in some time. Real good ensemble episode. I loved the Adam, Bonnie, Christy Dynamic. Sure Adam should of taken Christys side. But he’s kinda right. The customers always right. Bonnie mediating was funny. I’m guessing the character in the first episode Bonnie meet on their honeymoon won’t be a regular thing. Jills gym bit was funny. I do miss the kids still. And the family dynamics. I actually miss Violet. But Bonnie, Adam, and Christy make up for the that. 

6 hours ago, BrianGriffin17 said:

I’m guessing the character in the first episode Bonnie meet on their honeymoon won’t be a regular thing.

Maybe she just has a good agent since I just saw her on Supergirl.

On 10/7/2019 at 9:44 AM, funky-rat said:

But there isn't a Sandals resort in Orlando.  There isn't actually one anywhere in the US.

I agree with you....BUT how funny is it that they're saying there's a Sandals in Orlando.  You can't have two more opposite vacation destinations.  Its kind of funny when you think of it. 

O/T - there are no inclusive resorts - I think they're illegal for some reason.

• Love 1
On 10/8/2019 at 4:34 PM, TV Diva Queen said:

O/T - there are no inclusive resorts - I think they're illegal for some reason.

Not sure about that, but "all inclusive" is subjective at best.  I stay with a small chain of resorts that used to call themselves "all inclusive" but they dropped it eventually after it caused too much confusion, and people nitpicked every single penny apart.  I can't speak for other areas, but the state we are in doesn't allow free alcohol - you can give away a single free drink, but not unlimited, or all-you-can-drink for a flat fee or free at businesses.  And that was one of the biggest sticking points on the "all inclusive" moniker.  They meant all-inclusive to be your room, transportation around the resorts, 2 meals a day, 98% of activities, and nightly entertainment.  All of that is included in the room rate.  Admission to the other resorts in the chain - even if you're not staying at that particular resort - is also included.  I was glad when they finally dropped the whole "all inclusive" thing, because I got tired of people whining.

On 10/8/2019 at 1:34 PM, TV Diva Queen said:

I agree with you....BUT how funny is it that they're saying there's a Sandals in Orlando.  You can't have two more opposite vacation destinations.  Its kind of funny when you think of it. 

I thought it was funny. I was imagining what a Sandals would look like in a city with no beach. 

On 10/4/2019 at 12:46 PM, iMonrey said:

There was only one routine where you couldn't see her face. Jaime Pressly clearly did all the other exercises. I kept waiting for her to mention that she had been to a "fat farm" and learned how to exercise and work out like that.

Clearly, Jill's next venture is going on American Ninja.

• Love 1
On 10/25/2019 at 5:00 PM, kwnyc said:

Clearly, Jill's next venture is going on American Ninja.

And touch things that other people have touched? Or drop into water. "Oh no no no."

• LOL 1
  • Love 2