Type keyword(s) to search

Quotes

Normally I don't like when the show gets too preachy, but I liked the voiceover from S9.E16:

Sari: Every small girl who learns to read, every woman that has the courage to become a teacher or a doctor, they keep the dream alive. They keep the darkness away. I don't know why people fear an educated woman. Well, maybe I do. Because it is clear that ignorance is no match for a curious mind, and hatred and oppression are no match for the human heart. Compassion and love will guide us, and freedom will be our reward.

• Love 2
(edited)

Booth: ' ...the last time Bones saw Epps, it got violent.'

Cam: 'You'll be there to protect her'.

Booth: 'She's not the one who needs protecting.  Bones broke his wrist.'

Brennan (with look of distaste): 'He touched me with his creepy serial killer hands.'

(S2-The blonde in the game)

Edited by BooksRule
  • Love 3

Season three's 'The Santa in the slush' (Sweets wants Bones and Brennan--who are currently being forced to attend counseling sessions with him--to go on a 'double date' with Sweets and his girlfriend)--

Sweets:  'If it all goes well, I'll withdraw my concerns.  I'll release you back into the environment.'

Booth:  'What are we, brook trout?'

• Love 1

I've been having a little marathon of episodes for the last several weeks (4 episodes a day on TNT) and loved this exchange from an episode on Wednesday.  It was when Vincent Nigel-Murray (RIP) was having to make amends to everyone he had wronged as part of his 12-step program. 

Nigel-Murray (to Brennan):  'One night I borrowed your iguana and wore it as a hat--to a party.'

She doesn't seem to care, but laughs at him when he further admits to making up stories to his friends about them having a passionate affair. Then:

Brennan (still smiling): 'I must say I'm impressed that you were able to keep my iguana on top of your head.'

Nigel-Murray (quietly): 'I'm clever with ribbons.'

Edited by BooksRule
  • Love 7

From 'The Puzzler in the Pit':

Daisy:  'Umm, the baking soda made the remains smell nice and fresh.'

and-

(after he walked into the diner and heard Brennan conversing in Yiddish)  Aubrey (looking confused, shrugging):  'I got nuthin'.'

Edited by BooksRule
  • Love 2

From 6.16 "The Blackout in the Blizzard":

Booth: Sweets, stop shrinkin' around the bush.

and later, at the end:

Brennan: Let's do it together on three.

Booth and Brennan: One, two, threeeeee

Brennan: I think you humped the gun.

Booth: No, you mean "jumped" the gun...

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1
(edited)

There are a lot of good quotes... One of my favorites is late in season 1, maybe episode 19.

"Jesus lost his sandals about 100 miles ago". Possibly Paraphrased. When Angela and Tempe have been driving for hours in the desert.

Edited by GreenScreenFX
  • Love 2

Season 2, The Titan on the Tracks

Cam: (trying to assert her authority as the new boss) ... If it happens again, I will take action. And I’m from New York, which means that I will take New York action. Am I clear?

Brennan: Not at all.

Zack: I’m from Michigan.

Hodgins: Dr. Saroyan means she’ll make us watch musical theatre.

Season 2, Spaceman in a Crater:

Hodgins: This guy's wearing loafers. Aliens don't wear loafers.
Cam: Even if they want to pass unnoticed amongst us?
Booth: Before taking over?
 Hodgins: This is harassment. You know, it's illegal to mock people for their fundamental beliefs.

Season 5, The Dentist in the Ditch:

Hodgins: Maybe one too many lingering glances in the locker room got him in trouble.

Brennan: What, does that happen often?

Hodgins: Yeah. I mean, with me, it happened all the time.

Vincent: If I'd killed everyone who looked at me lustily, I wouldn't have made it out of school.

Season 10, The Next in the Last, Aubrey reading out his own character profile (but it works):

Aubrey: Now, you should know that I actually helped bring down my own father, Mr. Dunlop. So bringing you down will be a piece of cake. And as my friends here can attest, I love cake.

• Love 2

Sweets: 'You suspect that there could be a conspiracy within the Bureau?'

Hodgins: 'Do I hear a little 'tude, young man?'

Sweets: 'No, no, no. Why would there be a conspiracy in this case? Totally 'tudeless question.'