Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: Assets

jewel21
  • Start Topic

When Atwater goes undercover in a dangerous South Side drug syndicate, he learns there may be more to its kingpin than meets the eye. Halstead tries to join Atwater undercover, but finds himself at a disadvantage. Voight petitions the brass to show Ruzek leniency in his court case.

Airdate: 10.02.2019

I'm glad The Michael Beach character will be popping back up... This new Super seems non-adversarial... Which is different for the Chicago shows... Usually the higher-ups are always horrible.... Burgess somehow managed to get less talking time then Ruzek who wasn't even a cop until the end of the episode and got away with obstruction, drunk and disorderly... Ugh he'll never pay for his actions.   At least Voight did some time... Lisseth Chavez is distractingly attractive.. So her and Kevin being all flirty with each other is gonna make me forget about half of the episodes... Looking forward to how she meshes with the team

• Love 5
8 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

I Burgess somehow managed to get less talking time then Ruzek who wasn't even a cop until the end of the episode and got away with obstruction, drunk and disorderly... Ugh he'll never pay for his actions.   

When has anyone ever paid for their actions? 

At least Burgess will have someone to hang out with in the back of the bullpen and do absolutely nothing.

I don't get what the point of the whole storyline with Ruzek if that was the resolution....although to give them credit it last one more episode this season than I thought it would.

1 hour ago, Guildford said:

He had man boobs, not a good look at all.

Its not even the moobs  as much as it is.. He's still dressing in super tight clothes.. They could say the stress made him gain a few.. Put him in a loose shirt and have him round into shape during the season.. Not like all Chicago coos are built like male models.. But instead its spandex shirts and can angles normally reserved for the newly pregnant 

Edited by UNOSEZ
8 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

Is it the enormous beard or did Ruzek get puffy?

36 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Its not even the moobs  as much as it is.. He's still dressing in super tight clothes.. They could say the stress made him gain a few.. Put him in a loose shirt and have him round into shape during the season.. Not like all Chicago coos are built like male models.. But instead its spandex shirts and can angles normally reserved for the newly pregnant 

I thought he looked bigger as well too.  Guess you could say it was the time spent in jail, etc.  But obviously they could have addressed it but they didn't, so maybe it's just the actor himself?

A convenient tie up for Ruzek's issue.  Voight was right, he was just trying to cover for Antonio, so he finally admits it openly.  I guess since Antonio is gone now it doesn't really matter.  I think I read an article that said we're supposed to find out in episode 3 what happened to Antonio.  They had hoped the actor would be on the show for the beginning of the season but that things didn't work out.  It's either going to be "he's in rehab and doing well but has decided to leave the police force" or "he OD'd and was found in the river". 

So Atwater has a new love interest.  Will be interesting to see if she sticks around for a while.  I was sure she was going to get shot when they were chasing the Latin gang dude.

I don't know how police departments work, but is it common for two different groups being undercover without either group knowing?  Shouldn't there be some jurisdiction here?  Shouldn't the superintendent know what everybody is doing?  Or would that just be too convenient and sensible?

16 minutes ago, greyhorse said:

I thought he looked bigger as well too.  Guess you could say it was the time spent in jail, etc.  But obviously they could have addressed it but they didn't, so maybe it's just the actor himself?

He was only in Jail overnight though because the show picked up right after...I guess Paddy just enjoyed his hiatus a little too much.

• LOL 1
18 minutes ago, greyhorse said:

I don't know how police departments work, but is it common for two different groups being undercover without either group knowing?  Shouldn't there be some jurisdiction here?  Shouldn't the superintendent know what everybody is doing?  Or would that just be too convenient and sensible?

In big cities, there’s way too much going on for the boss to know every little thing happening in every department, especially short term undercover operations.

Anyways there have been occasions in where one band of undercover cops have attempted to arrest another band of undercover cops. 

Is Michael Beach going to appear on every cop show that's currently airing? Right now he's on S.W.A.T., The Rookie, and now Chicago P.D.

Not one mention of Antonio, guess he's just a memory now.

So, with this new regime, who will be the next foe for Voight?

Does Atwater have a potential romantic interest with the "new" cop? Will she become part of the Intelligence Unit?

• Love 1

Is Michael Beach going to appear on every cop show that's currently airing? Right now he's on S.W.A.T., The Rookie, and now Chicago P.D.

I also remember him from an episode of 'The Closer' where he played a coach who was trying to help some of his disadvantaged students.  If I remember correctly, the end result was good for others and the community, but he was either breaking or skirting the law in order to get it done. Kind of like his role here.

I did laugh when they were all in the warehouse with guns out and all looking at each other like 'Hey, wait a minute! You mean that we're all cops?  None of us are the bad guys?' 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, BooksRule said:

I also remember him from an episode of 'The Closer' where he played a coach who was trying to help some of his disadvantaged students.  If I remember correctly, the end result was good for others and the community, but he was either breaking or skirting the law in order to get it done. Kind of like his role here.

I did laugh when they were all in the warehouse with guns out and all looking at each other like 'Hey, wait a minute! You mean that we're all cops?  None of us are the bad guys?' 

I still swear I could see Jay/Jesse hold back a chuckle at the scene when he is in the background just before they all start lowering their weapons.

I kind of got the feeling they were cops though. During the chat stage when they are talking to the Hispanic and black cop about selling some drugs the black guy who they think is the criminal says "Hey, if you say it's 100%, then it's 100% it's all about trust right?" 

That seemed too easy, wouldn't a proper criminal test it?

Edited by Forsaken
  • Love 2

Am I the only one who has trouble understanding Atwater?   He mumbles and half the time I have no idea what he said.   I could turn on CC but I find it annoying and not worth doing for just one character.   

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Am I the only one who has trouble understanding Atwater?   He mumbles and half the time I have no idea what he said.   I could turn on CC but I find it annoying and not worth doing for just one character.   

Yes, me too. I use subtitles when available.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, preeya said:

Yes, me too. I use subtitles when available.

Thanks.  

It's good to know I'm not losing my hearing or my mind.  LOL

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

Thanks.  

It's good to know I'm not losing my hearing or my mind.  LOL

Nope, I couldn't understand much of this weeks mutterings either. I am not sure if this week was particularly bad though or I just noticed it more because usually Atwater doesn't do much.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

So the new addition to the squad is going to be booking up with Kevin. What could go wrong with another couple on Intelligence?

How many times are they going to repeat the same plot?

Remember when there were main cast members who weren't on the Intelligence unit and were part of a different story?

I remember.

Hell, I miss Chicago Code.  At least those people acted like real cops more or less.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Donder said:

If Voight was even 15 years younger, he would definitely be banging Burgess. He protects her way to much and she gets off on it.

3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

There is nothing stopping him from banging her now. 

There's a million reasons why that's a bad idea and yet it sure would spice up the show.  I wouldn't mind seeing Voight exhibit a whole different persona.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

There's a million reasons why that's a bad idea and yet it sure would spice up the show.  I wouldn't mind seeing Voight exhibit a whole different persona.

I'm sure Upton will have a crack at Voight at some point...when she realises that screwing Halstead won't get her very far. She mays as well go straight to the top.

• LOL 3
On 10/5/2019 at 5:58 AM, Donder said:

If Voight was even 15 years younger, he would definitely be banging Burgess. He protects her way to much and she gets off on it.

He should be. 

She is amazing.

• Love 2
On 10/5/2019 at 10:54 AM, Mars477 said:

Remember when there were main cast members who weren't on the Intelligence unit and were part of a different story?

I remember.

Hell, I miss Chicago Code.  At least those people acted like real cops more or less.

I still think the entire interaction of Trudy at the desk with all the uniforms was a great part of the show. It’s absolutely gone now. Just because Burgess is upstairs that whole part of the show is gone? Who made that decision? Trudy has nothing to do any more.

• Love 2

The episode was pretty dull. I’m glad Ruzek is out of trouble, but now he’s gone from creepy lumberjacksexual hairproduct hipster to chubby guy. Not a good look.

On the other hand, Upton looked tiny to me. Maybe she’s not wearing the frumpy clothes as much, but she looked littler than usual to me.

Finally Atwater finds a girlfriend, because apparently if you work for Intelligence, you can only date Intelligence.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, SG11 said:

I still think the entire interaction of Trudy at the desk with all the uniforms was a great part of the show. It’s absolutely gone now. Just because Burgess is upstairs that whole part of the show is gone? Who made that decision? Trudy has nothing to do any more.

She just bought a bar.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

It might if Mollies transitions from a firefighter bar to a cop bar. They generally don’t get along.

I attend the FDNY vs NYPD hockey game every year. In the row in front of me there two firefighter families wearing Dunkin Donut bags over their heads cursing out the cops. Even down to the toddlers!

Now that would be a storyline I would like to see.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

It might if Mollies transitions from a firefighter bar to a cop bar. They generally don’t get along.

I attend the FDNY vs NYPD hockey game every year. In the row in front of me there two firefighter families wearing Dunkin Donut bags over their heads cursing out the cops. Even down to the toddlers!

Now that would be a storyline I would like to see.

That would be interesting.

I actually played in Cops vs Firefighters (Guns n Hoses) charity benefit hockey games for 5-6 years awhile back. They were shockingly short-tempered. Both sides fans did all sorts of stuff like you say, but of course the donuts are always the go-to for the Hoses. Personally I liked it when they sent donuts to our bench.

We (the cops) also played charity games vs a Troops (veterans) team for a few years and the games had absolutely no edge at all. Go figure.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
26 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I am not sure that Voight has ever had a good idea.   He keeps digging himself into hole after hole and been lucky enough to climb back out.

I know he saved Ruzek this episode, but I don't think Ruzek was worth saving.

Nope he isn't.. Ruzek has turned me into a Blandstead fan... That how bad he is... Tho I'm not indicative of the greater fan base... I actually like Upton 

• Love 2

Ruzek definitely has a lot to criticize and he’s clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he’s got 2 things going for him. 1. He would go to jail to protect a brother officer, even if that guy doesn’t deserve it and 2. You could see how much being a cop meant to him in that last episode. It’s his DNA.

For these reasons I will like Ruzek, period. I want guys like Voight, Ruzek, Atwater and Burgess on my team. Trudy, too. Halstead and Upton should just go work for IA.

• Love 7

Lately, Halstead has been irritating the heck out of me! 🤷‍♂️ 

I like Upton, and in the beginning I liked the idea of her and Halstead, but not any more, he turned into a know it all.... Which would be ok if he was consistent, but it seems to me he's going along with the wind. How he or anyone else can go along with Voights twisted sense of what's right and what wrong is beyond me. I sometimes think they are no better than some of the criminals they're chasing. 

Edited by Lyanna19
Corrected spellings
  • Love 1