Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Welcome to the Fresh Coat

• Start Topic

"Welcome to the Fresh Coat" - When Tina decides it's time to make home improvements, Dave volunteers to re-paint the Butler house, violating Calvin's "man code" and setting off a chain of events that impacts both families, on THE NEIGHBORHOOD, Monday, Oct. 7 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Would it have cancelled the "man code" if Calvin had paid Dave for the job?  Even just a small amount?  It seemed like the favor part of it was the problem.

I laughed out loud at the end tag, when the wives were watching the husbands paint.

• Love 4

The end tag was great. I love how happy painting made Dave. His hip moves cracked me up. I also liked the conversation between Calvin and Grover. 

The two brothers constantly crack me up. I love their conversation outside the house when they saw Dave painting and also in the theater. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Would it have cancelled the "man code" if Calvin had paid Dave for the job?  Even just a small amount?  It seemed like the favor part of it was the problem.

Just give Dave some kind of car service-maybe free tuneups on their cars?  This would also be a callback to the episode involving paying/not paying for the car service Calvin had performed for Dave and Beth.

• Love 11

I loved this episode. I laughed out loud a lot - when Dave heard "house painting" and came a-runnin', when the brothers were at the movies and when they saw Dave painting (the way Marty reacts to possible trouble is always funny), the "my friends and I text each other emojis" "oh, you gotta stop doing that" exchange between Calvin and Grover, and the entire lawn mower fight at the end. "Why does Tina have her beat-down pan?"

Also, let somebody tell me they're going to paint my house FOR FREE and all you will hear from me is "thank you so much." (I would insist on paying them SOMETHING, or bartering. That's a lot of work! I was Team Calvin & Dave re: the car fixing situation - when you work, you should get paid.)

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 4

Calvin is a good father for Grover, helping him fit in without the over idealistic world view of Dave. I hope the show continues in this direction where Calvin can serve as a positive male influence in his life. Even in that kid where Malcolm's shoes were stolen by a 10  year old kid Calvin eventually gave the child solid advice.

Edited by Harvey
  • Love 2