Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Worst Vacation Ever

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Which is exactly what LeeAnne said she wanted to do with Kary before D’Andre forced them to talk in the group.

I get LeeAnn's frustration over that. But It was D'andra who made a stink about it. No one else. It's not Brandi OR Kam's fault. LeeAnn could have insisted that they have their privacy, just as Brandi insisted she and Kam have it. 

I generally always prefer LeeAnn over Brandi. But I didn't think the latter did anything wrong here. 

3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I know LeeAnne can be a lot to handle, but she’s another one I still really feel for. She’s got a tough exterior, but that hurt little girl is still inside. When you’ve had such a horrific childhood, it can really affect you the rest of your life. She’s probably constantly scared someone will abuse and/or abandon her.

This is exactly what it is. A normal person would be able to sit on the beach alone and just relax. Take in her surroundings. LeeAnn instantly becomes paranoid that everyone hates her. She is downright awful sometimes, but I just can't quit her. She's real. And sometimes downright hilarious!

1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

That said, Brandi should have just walked away when it was obvious that LeeAnne wasn't listening.  And it was obvious about five seconds after they started talking.  LeeAnne has to "win", all the time. 

Funny, that's exactly how I see Brandi. I felt like LeeAnn was owning her part, but wanting to say - "I feel the same as you!" and Brandi wasn't having it. She kept shaking her head and saying, "no you don't." She was invalidating everything LeeAnn said. 

They both need to work on their communication. That's for sure. 

30 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

I think there’s truth to the rumor that Kary did not have good intentions towards Leeanne from the beginning, her actions have been very aggressive from the beginning for the new girl.

I can believe it as well. Kary started the vacation by asking a childless woman why she never had kids. Then proceeded to wave off her reasoning and try to correct her beliefs. Kary has challenged LeeAnn on this trip in a way that she's never interacted with any of the other ladies. 

Who was supposed to be Kary's connection to this show? Was their HW that brought her on? 

15 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I hate to sound so negative, but I hate pranks.  I don't get them.  I think they're stupid.  I've always been that way.  They seem mean.

Same. I don't get it. It seems like bullying to me. If I were trying to go out for the night and suddenly had white powder in my hair and all over my dress, I'd be PISSED. 

I always tell my kids - "It's only a joke if all people involved find it funny." 

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

get LeeAnn's frustration over that. But It was D'andra who made a stink about it. No one else. It's not Brandi OR Kam's fault. LeeAnn could have insisted that they have their privacy, just as Brandi insisted she and Kam have it. 

Oh I understand that, I thought LeeAnn was ridiculous for comparing the situations particularly given that she and Kary really didn’t actually discuss it.

• Love 1

I don’t think Brandy is gunning for Leanne or takes pleasure is separating her from the group. I think she just plain and simply does not like the woman and would prefer not to deal with her. And frankly, who could blame her. Leanne would be utterly exhausting to deal with. 

I wish Deandra would have responded to Leanne’s face the way she did in the talking head interview. 

Leanne: “Do I want to be pitied?”

Deandra (in person): “No.”

Deandra (in talking head): “Yes.”

• Love 19
30 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

It's becoming difficult for me to follow this season, because I don't agree with the gravity they are putting on the term "trash."  Where I'm from, trash isn't an economic issue.  Trash, to me, is a family who goes to a restaurant and allows their kids to destroy the table, scream and wrestle, while people are trying to eat dinner. Trash is people who don't say 'please' or 'thank you.'  It's strangers who scream "blow me" from their car windows.  It's D'andra falling down drunk with her Spanx flying.

They (Brandi and Stephanie) are acting like Kam called Brandi "trailer trash," which has a whole other connotation, but it never happened, so it's not an issue.

I think the women doth protest too much, and only now am I wondering why they are so "triggered" by "trash."  The best thing I could come up with is, if you go back to the real beginning of the series, Brandi and Stephanie came onto this show about charity gatherings as, like, the rule-breakers and the contrarians of Dallas society.  They said and did some really disgusting things that I'm not going to repeat, except to say that they basically spent a season drinking "mommy juice" and obsessing over excrement and bodily functions.  When that did not go over well at all, I think they were both very embarassed--more embarassed than they're willing to let on--and now they're uber-sensitive to anything that harkens back to that behavior.  Their defenses are so well-honed (it took Stephanie a few hours, but she summoned the righteous indignation by morning) that now the person who dares to utter the word "trash" is the trashy one.  It's pure deflection.

This is exactly my point of view on the subject. They are conflating the expression trailer trash and white trash with someone claiming they are ACTING trashy. I think Kameron is correct in her assessment that Brandy acts trashy.  She’s not saying she’s trailer trash.  I bet Travis didn’t like Stephanie behaving that way season 1, and you’ll note that Stephanie has dumped that side of her being funny or cute.  Brandy still embraces those activities.   

I think Kam does not get all upset about tacky behavior from Leeanne because, as an earlier poster stated, that behavior is not done to insult Kam.  I think Brandy likes to rile up Kameron with juvenile and unseemly behavior to get her snobbish goat.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, angelamh66 said:

I wish Deandra would have responded to Leanne’s face the way she did in the talking head interview. 

Leanne: “Do I want to be pitied?”

Deandra (in person): “No.”

Deandra (in talking head): “Yes.”

This is why I can't stand D'andra. She is so fake. She knows LeeAnn is going to see those THs eventually. Just be real. 

Just now, IKnowRight said:

I think Kam does not get all upset about tacky behavior from Leeanne because, as an earlier poster stated, that behavior is not done to insult Kam.  I think Brandy likes to rile up Kameron with juvenile and unseemly behavior to get her snobbish goat.

Right. I mentioned this last week, I think. I'm not saying I LIKE LeeAnn's trashy behaviour (because she can get downright vulgar). But it seems to happen in the periphery. Whereas with Brandi, she's coming right at you with it. She really does seem to want to needle Kam to the point of a reaction. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

think Kam does not get all upset about tacky behavior from Leeanne because, as an earlier poster stated, that behavior is not done to insult Kam.  I think Brandy likes to rile up Kameron with juvenile and unseemly behavior to get her snobbish goat.

To me it seems more of an issue that Kam just doesn’t like Brandi but doesn’t want to admit that for whatever reason. It’s human nature that we tolerate things from people we like that we would never from people we don’t, bitch eating crackers and all that. 

I thought Brandi accurately explained herself that when someone uses that word to describe  her OR her behavior it takes her back to that place. If Kam wants to be her friend like she claims than she will understand that and not use it.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Sage47 said:

I’m baffled by something. Kam hates Brandi’s trashy behavior but is okay to be besties with Leanne?! Leanne who says, “unzip, take it out, stick it in” and “who has the hairier pussy?” That Leanne?? I am quite curious why Kameron is okay with Leanne’s gutter talk. 

Because it isn't directed AT her.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Right. I mentioned this last week, I think. I'm not saying I LIKE LeeAnn's trashy behaviour (because she can get downright vulgar). But it seems to happen in the periphery. Whereas with Brandi, she's coming right at you with it. She really does seem to want to needle Kam to the point of a reaction. 

20 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

Yeah LeeAnne and Brandi and the way Kam reacts to them reminds me of male friends and coworkers of mine not understanding why I let some stuff slide with certain individuals but get annoyed by others.

There are men who joke around and can get raunchy and flirty with me. As long as they’re nice, don’t make a point to objectify me personally, and it’s not too out of hand, all good.

I’ve also experienced men constantly make perverted comments with zero care of my comfort and who almost seem to enjoy seeing how far they can push it with me and see how I’ll react. Instead of the snob label, if I have a problem, I get the prude label.

LeeAnne doesn’t consider Kam a snob nor is she trying to annoy her. While I felt bad for Brandi being hurt by the word trash, she does get too much a kick out of pushing Kam’s buttons. Kam admitted she was mortified by her behavior and I don’t think she’ll use the word trash again, even if she never meant trailer trash.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

To me it seems more of an issue that Kam just doesn’t like Brandi but doesn’t want to admit that for whatever reason. It’s human nature that we tolerate things from people we like that we would never from people we don’t, bitch eating crackers and all that. 

I think it's because Jimmy, her mother-in-law despises Brandi, and thinks she IS trash.  Remember, Jimmy admonished D'Andra for hanging out with Brandi last year, saying she should think about her reputation.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Funny, that's exactly how I see Brandi. I felt like LeeAnn was owning her part, but wanting to say - "I feel the same as you!" and Brandi wasn't having it. She kept shaking her head and saying, "no you don't." She was invalidating everything LeeAnn said. 

Yes, ma'am, to all of your post, and especially the above.

I think Brandi isn't clean-handed when it comes to LeeAnne. Brandi's "insight" ("LeeAnne just wants to be pitied") is such a derogatory dig (it paints LeeAnne as wanting something unsavoury). The thing LeeAnne craves (the thing most abuse survivors crave) is empathy/validation (not pity) but Brandi saying that wouldn't allow her to  not-so-subtly shade LeeAnne as worthy of contempt.  I also think Brandi wants empathy/validation herself; she pointed to herself as an example of somebody who doesn't talk about her own history, but I  think she'd love to do it more (if only to shut LeeAnne down.) 

And even though it bugs me at times, I think LeeAnne not shutting up is part of why she's intriguing in this group - she's crazy, selfish, vulgar, etc, but there's a refusal to abide by the lady-rules that say women need to shut up when they annoy, bore or piss people off. There's a gritty stubborness I find interesting. (And that flesh-eating bacteria line - and LeeAnne's delivery - was the only time I laughed - I give her reality tv points for that.)

All that said,  I agree with everyone who thinks LeeAnne needs real help. The repetitive invoking of abuse seems (imo) to be a compulsive ritual in pursuit of validation and empathy (not just attention seeking, or used only in deflection - it's also that, but not just that).  I think the ritual has real meaning  for her, but it's also hollow.  It's like emotional junk food - it doesn't feed her in any real way, and twenty minutes later, she's raging, invoking or crying about it all over again. She needs a great therapist to help her understand that her feeling unmoored - not belonging in this group, not belonging anywhere - will only be healed when she finally looks inward. 

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

This is exactly my point of view on the subject. They are conflating the expression trailer trash and white trash with someone claiming they are ACTING trashy. I think Kameron is correct in her assessment that Brandy acts trashy.  She’s not saying she’s trailer trash.  I bet Travis didn’t like Stephanie behaving that way season 1, and you’ll note that Stephanie has dumped that side of her being funny or cute.  Brandy still embraces those activities.   

I don't think Stephanie's improved that much - she was the one howling about seeing everyone's pubes!  And I agree Brandi likes to rile Kam - that makes me like Brandi 😈

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Brandi was beyond excited to pull Leanne's buddy away from her. 

Interesting - I didn't see it that way at all.  Brandi and Kameron started talking and then decided to discuss their fight privately.  No excitement.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I don’t think she’ll use the word trash again, even if she never meant trailer trash.

I am wondering if Kam had told Brandi that her actions were low class would that have bothered Brandi as much as the word "trashy." 

Just like LeAnne talking about her childhood abuse and suicide attempts, Brandi has her "I grew up in a trailer,"  Everyone got on LeAnne for being honest about her childhood and the effect it had on her but Brandi got a pass on her issue.  Brandi brings it the fact that she was raised in a trailer a lot as well.

If I were LeAnne I would feel slighted too, Stephanie has spoken about her issues but everyone tends to be more sympathetic to her.

Brandi is trashy, her sense of humor is that of a 12 year old boy and as cray cray LeAnne is, I would hang out with her over Brandi.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
57 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Brandi is trashy, her sense of humor is that of a 12 year old boy and as cray cray LeAnne is, I would hang out with her over Brandi. 

I'm the opposite.  I don't hang with wannabe thugs in cocktail dresses.  Even if the dress has 50-11 options.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

If I were LeAnne I would feel slighted too, Stephanie has spoken about her issues but everyone tends to be more sympathetic to her.

Because Stephanie's more sympathetic.  She doesn't pout when she's not the center of attention.  She doesn't spread ugly rumors (Cary's husband sucks c***). 

Stephanie doesn't whine.  When she talks about her depression and suicide attempts, she's looking for understanding, not sympathy.  And she's sharing information that might actually be helpful to others.  She's a good example of someone pushing through, getting help when she needs it, being aware of how her actions affect others.

LeeAnne is a terrible example for abuse survivors.  Who could look at her and think "If she can recover, so can I?"  The answer is no one, because she hasn't recovered,  She's just fine, being ugly and negative and self-involved.  I realize that every victim isn't going to have Elizabeth Smart's attitude, but LeeAnne doesn't even try.  She's getting too much out of it to want to change.  If she's not Angry Bitch Carny Girl, who is she?

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

were LeAnne I would feel slighted too, Stephanie has spoken about her issues but everyone tends to be more sympathetic to her.

Because Stephanie doesn’t use her issues to shut down an argument or make another person feel bad which is something LA repeatedly has done. 

• Love 14
11 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

Did LeeAnne really ask "Who has the hairiest pussy?" or was I hearing things?

She did. This and the last episode of RHOC have pushed me over the edge with the HW shows. It’s too much for me. They are rude, crude and disgusting. 

I’m done. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

That's the thing though.  Kameron knows that trash is a trigger word for Brandy and Stephanie.  She could say rude or vulgar without that reaction - because those words are adjectives describing behavior, whereas trash is a noun describing the person. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, StardustMemories said:

That's the thing though.  Kameron knows that trash is a trigger word for Brandy and Stephanie.  She could say rude or vulgar without that reaction - because those words are adjectives describing behavior, whereas trash is a noun describing the person. 

Has Brandi ever said trash is a trigger word for her prior to this fiasco? Kam seemed genuinely remorseful to me. I think most people aren't going to perfectly express themselves when things get a bit heated. When most people are so offended to the point they're worked up enough to leave the room, they use words like trash-something simple but harsh. It would be kind of funny if Kam said "That was vulgar, I'm leaving!" Maybe next time she'll call her impolite then stomp off. lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

She did. This and the last episode of RHOC have pushed me over the edge with the HW shows. It’s too much for me. They are rude, crude and disgusting. 

I’m done. 

I agree the crudeness level is high, maybe I am rethinking hanging out with Leanne instead of Brandi but if there was a gun to my head I would pick Leanne because her particular brand of crazy seems more palatable over the immature toilet humor, chasing people with dildos and fake poo, just over all immaturity level that is Brandi.  

• Love 10

Brandi and I are very similar in the I guess you would say the immaturity with the joking and such.. it does have a lot to do with the trauma of what has happened in our past ( I have talked about it in old post and unlike Leanne don't like to bring it up every 5 min and Brandi doesn't like to talk about it at all she alludes to situations but never really comes out and says) you kinda of get emotionally stunted at the age the trauma happened its like a part of your brain shuts down and you don't really move on in the maturity level ..And its not something you really realize and do on purpose its just your brains way I guess of protecting yourself. Lots of therapy was needed to realize what I was doing and why I was acting the way I did.  so I think that's why I give Brandi such a pass. it does take going to a therapist and working on it to even understand it and I don't really think she has done that ......However Leanne knows why she does what she does Shes gone through the therapy and doesn't care. Shes using it has a Crutch to be a Vicious person and thinks she can just blame it on the past and that's ok .....that's what irks me so bad about the woman she uses it has a weapon to allow her to be nasty .... She will be rude as fuck then say oh not my fault my mother didn't love me enough ... oop don't like i said that well not my fault i was molested as a kid..... ask me a simple question and I fly off the hook not my fault insert past trauma here ...No Leanne that's not how that works and you are slapping every person who has gone through shit in their past in the face when you do that.. you don't get to continue to act that way and blame it on the past you correct your behavior moving forward you don't get to wallow in it and use it to justify acting psychotic  ....

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

LeeAnne is a terrible example for abuse survivors.  Who could look at her and think "If she can recover, so can I?"  The answer is no one, because she hasn't recovered,  She's just fine, being ugly and negative and self-involved.  I realize that every victim isn't going to have Elizabeth Smart's attitude, but LeeAnne doesn't even try.  She's getting too much out of it to want to change.  If she's not Angry Bitch Carny Girl, who is she?

I know she acts that way on the surface, but I'm not sure LeeAnn is "fine" being who she is. Maybe she just doesn't know any other way to be. Anger is SUCH an easy emotion to rest in....as opposed to letting yourself feel HURT. I think if she had more of a support system when she was younger, she would have had an easier time recovering from all of that. She should keep trying, though, I do agree with that. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, StardustMemories said:

I don’t think Kam knew it was a trigger for Stephanie, but she likely knows it’s a trigger Brandy.  Isn’t Brandy the one who ridicules Leeanne, saying she is trying to justify her behavior by always claiming to be triggered??  Isn’t this the same behavior?  I agreed with Kam’s use of the word, because, once again, Brandy was acting trashy in Kam’s mind.  IMO I think she acts trashy and if she played those vulgar pranks on me, I would probably call her trashy too.  It’s juvenile humor that most people outgrow by/before they are 30.

Brandy’s antics are absolutely ridiculous...the baby powder is juvenile but not disgusting.  Although, I don’t think they accounted for the fact the baby powder fumes might not be healthy to breathe in, since some powders can cause cancer.

I don’t mind practical jokes, but again, IMO, Brandy always goes too far.  She has an immature take on adulthood.  You can have fun without wearing a hat with “poop” and chasing other ladies with a dildo.  She brings this franchise down.

Leeanne needs some major therapy, what’s she had so far has clearly not worked. She needs intensive therapy.  To me, the difference is that Leeanne is somewhat crazy, but I think she fears being excluded from the group.  Brandy seems to have tried to freeze her out several times since the beginning of this franchise.  It’s written all over Brandy’s face.  She did it with D’Andrea and now she’s trying with Kam.  

I have no use for Brandy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, IKnowRight said:

Brandy’s antics are absolutely ridiculous...the baby powder is juvenile but not disgusting.  Although, I don’t think they accounted for the fact the baby powder fumes might not be healthy to breathe in, since some powders can cause cancer.

It was flour NOT baby powder they had a whole scene going to the kitchen to get it. Also that was Kams idea not brandi's... Kam was running around with it and putting it in the blowdryer not brandi... Brandi even says it was Kams Idea. I actually like the fact kam wanted to do a prank with Brandi it shows she is at least open to a real friendship. .....

I wonder would everyone give a pass to and start feeling sorry for Brandi if she started doing what Leanne does and blaming everything on her past every 10 minuets to deflect any kinda of responsibility for her actions? because Brandi seems to have went through A LOT of the same shit Leanne did minus being a carni and has yet tried to use that has a crutch. Would people stop tearing her to shreds and nit picking everything she does and give her a pass like they do Leanne? I mean god forbid she had fake poop on her hat or had a sex toy. I  mean it’s not like she threatened to kill someone or tried to out someone’s husband. Could you imagine the outrage if she had done that?  But not Leanne crickets on her. She’s the victim in all this it’s all that mean Brandi’s fault just being so mean to her. 

I hate to keep defending Brandi but I feel like she’s getting shit on for stuff when others in this group have actually done some real fucked up shit to other people and are just getting a shrug and oh well. I mean let’s even this out a bit. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

It was flour NOT baby powder they had a whole scene going to the kitchen to get it. Also that was Kams idea not brandi's... Kam was running around with it and putting it in the blowdryer not brandi... Brandi even says it was Kams Idea. I actually like the fact kam wanted to do a prank with Brandi it shows she is at least open to a real friendship. .....

I wonder would everyone give a pass to and start feeling sorry for Brandi if she started doing what Leanne does and blaming everything on her past every 10 minuets to deflect any kinda of responsibility for her actions? because Brandi seems to have went through A LOT of the same shit Leanne did minus being a carni and has yet tried to use that has a crutch. Would people stop tearing her to shreds and nit picking everything she does and give her a pass like they do Leanne? I mean god forbid she had fake poop on her hat or had a sex toy. I  mean it’s not like she threatened to kill someone or tried to out someone’s husband. Could you imagine the outrage if she had done that?  But not Leanne crickets on her. She’s the victim in all this it’s all that mean Brandi’s fault just being so mean to her. 

I hate to keep defending Brandi but I feel like she’s getting shit on for stuff when others in this group have actually done some real fucked up shit to other people and are just getting a shrug and oh well. I mean let’s even this out a bit. 

Thanks for the correction on the flour, didn’t remember it was flour not powder.  I guess I was drowning out the antics and not paying that much attention! Did they check to see if it was gluten free??!😂

I don't give anyone a pass to any lady on these shows.  I like some better than others, but that doesn’t mean I am not aware of their flaws.  They all are far from perfect, likely why they participated on these shows?!!😙

Overall, evaluating these ladies, it’s my opinion that some are just more annoying than others!  Vicki G has to be one of the most annoying, for example.  I just put Brandy in the category in the top group of the most irritating ladies over all the RH franchises.  I just think I would tolerate Leeanne more only because I wouldn’t needle her and I would not tolerate Brandy for several reasons. We all react differently to their actions, and I’m just expressing that Brandy bugs me the most on this show. I understand you have a different take on Brandy.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

Overall, evaluating these lades, it’s my opinion that some are just more annoying than others!  Vicki G has to be one of the most annoying, for example.  I just put Brandy in the category in the top group of the most irritating ladies over all the RH franchises.  I just think I would tolerate Leeanne more only because I wouldn’t needle her and I would not tolerate Brandy for several reasons. We all react differently to their actions, and I’m just expressing that Brandy bugs me the most on this show. I understand you have a different take on Brandy.

Haha it's so true!  I expect they all "trigger" our various pet peeves - I for one can't stand baby talk, which is why I find Kam to be the most annoying of all.  And I'd rather have someone wave a dildo at me (I wouldn't pretend to be afraid of it and run away shrieking so there would be no chasing involved) than have to redo my hair to get stuff out of it 😄 

• Love 2

Brandi is most definitely trashy. I understand that it's a sensitive subject for her because she thinks class=money, trash=poor, but anyone with even casual Bravo viewing habits knows this isn't true. They're ALL trashy to some degree, except Kam. Unfortunately. Because she does get under my skin with her pursed lips and nasal takedowns from that botched nose job, but she hasn't said or done anything that would embarrass her family, which is more than the others can say. 

I have some thoughts on Stephanie that I cant express bc she's in such a bad place, I'm afraid any comment would be bullying. But the people who love her need to take her off this show immediately. She is wealthy & needs to set herself up in a little business she would love. Idk...clothes, gifts, flowers? She could be as involved as she would like, but it would keep her occupied and get the public out of her life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, RedInk said:

Brandi is most definitely trashy. I understand that it's a sensitive subject for her because she thinks class=money, trash=poor, but anyone with even casual Bravo viewing habits knows this isn't true. They're ALL trashy to some degree, except Kam. Unfortunately. Because she does get under my skin with her pursed lips and nasal takedowns from that botched nose job, but she hasn't said or done anything that would embarrass her family, which is more than the others can say. 

I have some thoughts on Stephanie that I cant express bc she's in such a bad place, I'm afraid any comment would be bullying. But the people who love her need to take her off this show immediately. She is wealthy & needs to set herself up in a little business she would love. Idk...clothes, gifts, flowers? She could be as involved as she would like, but it would keep her occupied and get the public out of her life.

Poor Steph, But she does show that there are thousands of women out there just like her who put on that fake happy face to get through life .... I think I don't mind her on the show so much because she isnt in the conflict with anyone so it doesn't rattle her ....I'd def be on the get her off the show train if she was putting herself in harms way somehow but so far that hasn't happened

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 2:10 PM, ghoulina said:

This is why I can't stand D'andra. She is so fake. She knows LeeAnn is going to see those THs eventually. Just be real. 

I could not agree more.  This is a woman who smiles sweetly at her mother, then gives THs accusing her mother of sabotaging HER company, setting her up to fail, stealing from her trust fund, shooting her dog, stealing her bible, etc.  Can't stand her.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I could not agree more.  This is a woman who smiles sweetly at her mother, then gives THs accusing her mother of sabotaging HER company, setting her up to fail, stealing from her trust fund, shooting her dog, stealing her bible, etc.  Can't stand her.

But even in Dandra's  Talking head after Leanne asked everyone if she was in the wrong and Dandra said no to her face at the dinner but in her talking head said YES she was wrong .. this is what bugs me no one tells Leanne to her face its always behind her back ... HOLD her ACCOUNTABLE for the love of God

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 7
On 10/3/2019 at 9:10 AM, Slider said:

I can understand where LeeAnne was coming from on the beach while Kam and Brandi talked.  She was trying to have a private conversation with Kary at the dinner the night before and the women wouldn't let her! They forced Kary and LeeAnne to air out their grievances in front of everyone!  She can't do that, but they can.  Double standard.  I'd be pissed to! 

That's why I can't understand her perspective. She was sure fine when she was asked to talk alone.

Leanne does want people to pity her. Leanne is frustrating. The thing with Leanne is she provides good TV, but otherwise, from what she's shown? She's a useless person who brings more bad than good to the world.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 5
On 10/3/2019 at 6:52 AM, Duke2801 said:

So Leanne was on Danny Pellegrino’s podcast this week (my second favorite Bravo-themed podcast after Watch What Crappens—but I digress). Leanne claims that her pissy attitude on this vacation stemmed from the fact that she heard—prior to the trip—that Kary intended to “take her down” or something to that affect. So she was in “defense mode” most of the time. 

I don’t know if she’s being completely truthful—nor is it an excuse for all the questionable things she said and did—but it does shed some light onto her Debbie Downer persona in Mexico. 

This. Leanne has a lot of issues for sure, but Brandi is ring leader of the Mean Girls. She’s needs to get off this show and go parent her burgeoning psychopath of a daughter. 

Typical Peeann - always on the defensive for some imagined conspiracy. 

Totally agree about Brandi’s daughter. I can’t believe how she gets away with speaking to her mother!

Edited by nytonc
  • Love 2
On 10/3/2019 at 11:12 PM, RealHousewife said:

It would be kind of funny if Kam said "That was vulgar, I'm leaving!"

LOL 

Maybe next time she'll call her impolite then stomp off. lol

"How very dare you, madam! I bid you good day!"

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

D'andra's eyebrows...  The morning after her drinking too much they had a shot of her in bed without makeup and it was not good. Did anyone else notice that?

And while I'm being shallow, her hair (as well as Leanne's) really needs some love.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

That's why I can't understand her perspective. She was sure fine when she was asked to talk alone.

Leanne does want people to pity her. Leanne is frustrating. The thing with Leanne is she provides good TV, but otherwise, from what she's shown? She's a useless person who brings more bad than good to the world.

I don't know how I always end up defending Leanne 😄 but I do understand her perspective here - leaving the group to have a "private conversation" seems to be part of the formula for these shows and they know they have to do it, but she was removing Kary from a group.  Whereas Brandi and Kam were basically ditching her to sit by herself while they walked away.  To me good manners dictate (KAM) that you sit there and talk about the weather, the beach, what's for dinner tonight, and then talk privately when there are others around for Leanne to hang with.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, princelina said:

I don't know how I always end up defending Leanne 😄 but I do understand her perspective here - leaving the group to have a "private conversation" seems to be part of the formula for these shows and they know they have to do it, but she was removing Kary from a group.  Whereas Brandi and Kam were basically ditching her to sit by herself while they walked away.  To me good manners dictate (KAM) that you sit there and talk about the weather, the beach, what's for dinner tonight, and then talk privately when there are others around for Leanne to hang with.

or leanne could have been a big girl and went into the sweat lodge with the other girls ...Leanne wasn't gonna let them squash the beef she was just gonna antagonize the situation she could have been an adult and said I see you guys need talk I'll be over here sipping my cocktail and watching the waves.. it wasn't like they were ditching her in that spot forever ... shes a big girl ..... but I totally get where your coming from I do the same with Brandi 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 5
On 10/3/2019 at 1:47 PM, ghoulina said:

Kary started the vacation by asking a childless woman why she never had kids.

I don’t think the question is so out of place, especially when a group of women are getting to know each other.   I’ve been asked before why I had an only child. It was a personal/relationship decision.  Women in my circle have said they never wanted to be mothers, they were never in a relationship they felt they could have children in, they don’t like children, etc. it does not have to be a painful question if there was no judgment. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

I don’t think the question is so out of place, especially when a group of women are getting to know each other.   I’ve been asked before why I had an only child. It was a personal/relationship decision.  Women in my circle have said they never wanted to be mothers, they were never in a relationship they felt they could have children in, they don’t like children, etc. it does not have to be a painful question if there was no judgment. 

Right and she didn't say it in a snide way she just asked why did you not have kids..... I get that kids can be a touchy subject but  she didn't know Leanne from a hole in the wall and was just asking  .... Leanne took it to the attack place ...when she could have just said I didn't want to have kids or With my past it just wasn't for me ..she didn't need to go to 10000000% with the TMI and  well INSERT childhood trauma here you are attacking me for asking that question ...... We get it Leanne you had a fucked up past a lot of us did but we don't bring it up to every chance we get to try to make someone feel like shit .... I honestly cant stand Leanne anymore

• Love 9
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:31 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

They said and did some really disgusting things that I'm not going to repeat, except to say that they basically spent a season drinking "mommy juice" and obsessing over excrement and bodily functions.  

Brandi did a talking head where she used "I" incorrectly early in the episode.  It was like, "She doesn't agree with Stephanie and I."  She does this a lot.  I cannot stand when a person says "I" when they mean "me" (saying "me" for "I" doesn't bother I at all 🤔).  The misused "I" utterly grates on me.  It's people trying to sound hifaluten when they just sound like asses.

Not to nitpick, but it was "Jesus juice." lol

And I hear a lot of people being irritated with the correct usage of "I," so what is the correct usage? I would consider "Stephanie and I" to be grammatically correct.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 3:26 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

But even in Dandra's  Talking head after Leanne asked everyone if she was in the wrong and Dandra said no to her face at the dinner but in her talking head said YES she was wrong .. this is what bugs me no one tells Leanne to her face its always behind her back ... HOLD her ACCOUNTABLE for the love of God

Do they not realize that when the show airs, the people they're talking about are gonna hear what they said about them behind their backs? If D'Andra is gonna say that, yes, she thinks Leanne tells her stories for pity during her TH on national TV, knowing that Leanne is gonna see it when the show airs, why not just save time and say yes when asked at the dinner? Instead not only does she answer no, but then goes into a lame explanation about why she does what she does. It was a yes or no question. Quit acting like you get irritated with Leanne's antics yet suck up to her.

Leanne drives me absolutely crazy and I no longer find her funny or amusing. We've all had a past. Some worse than others. We don't all use it to our advantage to excuse away bad behavior. I believe I can speak on this because I myself was molested and raped as a child, grew up with a drug-addicted, alcoholic, abusive father, dealt with parental death at an early age, etc. I'm not an asshole. The only people who know my story are those truly closest to me. It's not a weapon I wield. I'm now a big girl accountable for my own words and actions. I take responsibility. She should too.

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, Jennabelle88 said:

And I hear a lot of people being irritated with the correct usage of "I," so what is the correct usage? I would consider "Stephanie and I" to be grammatically correct.

Do they not realize that when the show airs, the people they're talking about are gonna hear what they said about them behind their backs? If D'Andra is gonna say that, yes, she thinks Leanne tells her stories for pity during her TH on national TV, knowing that Leanne is gonna see it when the show airs, why not just save time and say yes when asked at the dinner? Instead not only does she answer no, but then goes into a lame explanation about why she does what she does. It was a yes or no question. Quit acting like you get irritated with Leanne's antics yet suck up to her.

Leanne drives me absolutely crazy and I no longer find her funny or amusing. We've all had a past. Some worse than others. We don't all use it to our advantage to excuse away bad behavior. I believe I can speak on this because I myself was molested and raped as a child, grew up with a drug-addicted, alcoholic, abusive father, dealt with parental death at an early age, etc. I'm not an asshole. The only people who know my story are those truly closest to me. It's not a weapon I wield. I'm now a big girl accountable for my own words and actions. I take responsibility. She should too.

I can say that ONE good thing Leanne has done on this show that she shouldn't be discredited for no matter how Nuts she is ,is making it just a little bit easier to talk about and share our shared similarities in our fucked up past.....its good to not feel so a lone but it sucks how prevalent it seemes to have been..... She really could be a force for good if she would just admit that her past at this point in no way gives her an allowance to act like a fucking psycho and stop using it to defend her bad behavior now ... 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Jennabelle88 said:

Right in my professional wheelhouse.

The correct usage depends on whether the pronoun is a subject or an object.  "Stephanie and I ate apples" (where it's a subject), but "Mother gave Stephanie and me some apples" (here it's the object).  When we're kids, adults always correct us if we say things like "Tommy and me are going to the store"--"No, it's Tommy and I"--so we think that "I" is always correct as part of a compound, but not the case.  Just take the name out and say the sentence (you'd never say "She gave I an apple") and you'll know which pronoun to use.  That'll be fifty bucks.  ✏️

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

The correct usage depends on whether the pronoun is a subject or an object.  "Stephanie and I ate apples" (where it's a subject), but "Mother gave Stephanie and me some apples" (here it's the object).  When we're kids, adults always correct us if we say things like "Tommy and me are going to the store"--"No, it's Tommy and I"--so we think that "I" is always correct as part of a compound, but not the case.  Just take the name out and say the sentence (you'd never say "She gave I an apple") and you'll know which pronoun to use.  That'll be fifty bucks.  ✏️

Can I pay you after I finish picking my jaw up off the floor? I'm 31 years old, graduated high school with honors, and have NEVER heard something so beautifully simple!

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Jennabelle88 said:

Can I pay you after I finish picking my jaw up off the floor? I'm 31 years old, graduated high school with honors, and have NEVER heard something so beautifully simple!

I'm not unreasonable.  I'll take a check.  💲

I'm glad you found it easy to understand.  The problem is that when adults correct kids, they usually don't tell them why what they've said is wrong (probably because most adults don't know, since schools don't seem to teach grammar anymore).  So what's wrong in one context is right in another.  Kind of like most things in life.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Jennabelle88 said:

Lol, I love nitpicking!  Thank you for reminding me of "Jesus juice."  I mean, not that I wanted to go back there in my mind, but since I was there anyway, I'm glad to get it corrected!

1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

Schools don't seem to teach grammar anymore

This might be the one thing I would take issue with--from what I understand, schools are generally nightmares these days, but Brandi is older than me, and I definitely learned a lot of grammar in school.  I think a lot of kids were too busy shoving gum in each other's hair to understand the different between "your," "you're," "to," "too," and "two."  

3 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Just take the name out and say the sentence (you'd never say "She gave I an apple") and you'll know which pronoun to use.  That'll be fifty bucks.  ✏️

That was a great explanation.  I never knew anything about "subject" or "object."  (Well, I was probably taught, but I was too busy playing with gum).  I just always did the thing you explained, where you take the other person's name out of it and see what would be right.

I just want to say I am not a huge grammar or syntax snob.  A lot of people say they "feel badly," and I don't take issue with it, even though it's wrong, (unless they are feeling for something with their fingers and they're not doing a good job).  If you feel sorry for someone, you "feel bad." (The only person who annoys me who says this is Bethenny Frankel.  I think if you have approxmiately one jillion dollars, you should brush up on your syntax).  But in real life, I often get things wrong.  I'll say "me and my husband," even though I know it's wrong, because I feel lazy, and I don't want to sound too out of of touch.  I would have no problem with someone saying, "us boys are going out."  I understand there are colloquialisms.  

The reason the "She doesn't fit in with Stephanie and I" really rings my bells so much more than "Me and Stephanie are going to the beach; do you want to come?" is In keeping with the reason @Mondrianyone points out:  people think substituting "I" for "me" all the time is proper English, and that's fine 99% of the time.  There is something about someone saying it on TV that grates my gills.  This is supposed to be a show about aspirational people.  Wantonly substituting "I" for "me" the way Brandi did (not the way everyone does) is the most ironic form of snobbery, and I don't like snobbery, unless it's just so over the top that everyone laughs, like Kameron and her pink dog food.

Last season, when Brandi repeatedly said that Leanne "stoled [her] phone" it didn't bother me at all, because it seemed like it was coming from a genuine place.

Improper substitution of the "I" makes Brandi sound exactly like she doesn't want to sound:  new money and goofy without being in on the joke.

That's all I want to say:  it's my hang-up, and it's specific to these women.  I don't want people to think I'm minding their grammar up on here.  It's when you hold yourself out as something you're not that I begin to point out the cracks in the facade, mostly because I love to nitpick.  Annnnnnd now that I've come fulll-circle in what is definitely a post that is too long, me will end here. 😶 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
On 10/6/2019 at 4:04 PM, hisbunkie said:

It may not be put of place, but it is very personal if you are the one who doesn’t have kids and is on the receiving end of the question. It happened to me a lot and I personally don’t like being asked it unless I know you. I couldn’t have kids and I tried and for years it was painful to talk about and I did not appreciate people I didn’t know well or whose motive was unclear or who I didn’t trust asking me about why I didn’t have kids.

It pains me to side with LeeAnn on this one. Kari may have not realized she pushed a button. However, LeeAnn has probably been asked that quite a few times and her going to her awful childhood was not right and so LeeAnn should have already had a built in response for the question vs. going to being a victim.

I’m female and when asked if I had any kids I would say “not that I know of” - okay that was more of an IQ test the people occasionally failed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9