Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Event Horizon

Trini
  • Start Topic

An Ok premiere. Rather anti climatic how they chose to have Kara tell Lena she is Supergirl. The writers did a poor job building up to this reveal. Why now, why does Kara now want Lena to know after so many years of lying to her , what is the catalyst. Such a big moment deserved better, doesnt feel like honest storytelling to me.

Anyway, I for one enjoyed seeing Lena being angry and salty because of the betrayal. You don;t say someone is your best friend then lie to them for years while everyone in your circle knows. Too bad the scenes of Lena striking Kara turned out not to be real and were just simulations, still satisfying nevertheless, can they show more. So lena is keeping it a secret that she knew already, hope there is more misery for Supergirl. 

And can the writers stop with the queerbaiting and romantic coding of Kara/Lena this season.  What have they been taking over the summer. They have no intention of going there, so this is just a waste of valuable screentime and an insult to viewers. And no more straddling the fence with Lena, let her  become an antagonist/villain and stop postponing the inevitable. Its time they deliver on that this season.  

Anyway, Brainiac and Dreamer had some good moments together, they are a cute couple. Hope they get more screentime. It was nice to see Martian manhunter in action. And it will never stop being funny seeing a  big Green Martian man shapeshifting  into a white little girl. 

For the writers to then have Lena betray her best friend is seriously F'ed up.

Yeah, the same so called BFF who lied and betrayed to her for years, Kara started it first. 

Edited by CabotCove
On 10/14/2019 at 6:15 PM, amass said:

She must already have pockets - where else would she put her glasses?

According to comic-book canon, Supergirl (like Superman) had a hidden pouch built into her cape that she would use to store her civilian clothes by super-compressing them into the pouch. If that holds true for her new suit as well, that's where she'd keep the glasses.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Useful 2
14 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

According to comic-book canon, Supergirl (like Superman) had a hidden pouch built into her cape that she would use to store her civilian clothes by super-compressing them into the pouch. If that holds true for her new suit as well, that's where she'd keep the glasses.

But wouldn't the glasses break if they were super-compressed? Or are the glasses just put next to the super-compressed clothes?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, quarks said:

But wouldn't the glasses break if they were super-compressed? Or are the glasses just put next to the super-compressed clothes?

They would be put on top of the super-compressed clothes. Like Clark's glasses, they can't be broken because they're made of Kryptonian materials that can withstand Kryptonian super powers.

But remember that Kara's new costume doesn't need to store her civilian clothes, since it simply materializes over them. So only the glasses would need to go into the secret cape pouch. Also, Silver-Age Supergirl never wore glasses in her civilian identity as Linda (not Kara) Danvers - even SHE thought that was a lame way to conceal one's secret identity. What she wore instead (up until the last year of the Silver Age) was a brunette wig that was collapsible. In the last year, she ditched the wig and instead treated her hair and a comb made from the metal that brought her to Earth with super-molecules that automatically changed her hair from long and blonde to shorter and brunette and back again whenever she used the comb on her hair.

• Useful 1

Continuing with this show being heavy-handed politically (although hopefully less than last season), Kara says to contact her when you can register to vote with a flick of the hand.

I wonder if that was prompted by Canada's voting laws (where Supergirl is shot) where you can just show up at the voting station with 2 pieces of ID, register and vote.

On 10/20/2019 at 8:18 PM, statsgirl said:

I wonder if that was prompted by Canada's voting laws (where Supergirl is shot) where you can just show up at the voting station with 2 pieces of ID, register and vote.

Maine is pretty much the same way.

On 10/15/2019 at 12:15 AM, CabotCove said:

Rather anti climatic how they chose to have Kara tell Lena she is Supergirl.

I'm just glad they didn't drag this out for half the season.

In other words ... I liked the new outfit. It reminded me of the "Nazi" Supergirl outfit from last season's crossover where Melissa looked <\BeginShallowObservation> smoking! <\EndShallowObservation>

• Love 2

Really had to eye roll At the do gooders clutching their pearls at Andreas arrival and ideas. I get it - Andrea, Lena BAD, Karas crew - GOOD.

Having said that I do think Lena being all out for revenge is a tad over dramatic. I mean yes be mad that Kara lied to you but I don’t think all the plotting and hatred is necessary. I thought Lena was better than that.

Edited by Chas411
  • Love 1

I'm really catching up (and by catching up, just reading here and watching youtube clips - 
did Lena flat out ask Kara if she was supergirl, or is this a lie of omission kinda thing?)

11 hours ago, Daisy said:

I'm really catching up (and by catching up, just reading here and watching youtube clips - 
did Lena flat out ask Kara if she was supergirl, or is this a lie of omission kinda thing?)

Lie of omission.