Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S04.E21: Reunion (Part 3)

Recommended Posts

Quote

The husbands take center stage; the couples reveal bedroom secrets; the group discusses the charges against Michael; the women reveal secrets about Michael from seasons past; Chris Bassett and Ray chime in with new information.

Airs September 29, 2019.

Share this post


Link to post


Monique and Chris know Michael was grabbing booties but because they're more friends with Ashley and MIchael than the rest of the cast, they didn't want to say anything.

Michael was getting his Dwight Mann on, deflecting, getting red in the face, talking over everybody, trying to silence then and shame them.  Especially didn't like Michael standing over Gizelle like that.

Michael has special ire for Robyn because Robyn is the roadblock between him and Juan.

Candiace was technically correct that when she told Ashley to leave her house and Ashley kept coming back in, Ashley was at that point trespassing.  Doesn't matter if Candiace was ridiculous with the butter knife.  When somebody tells you to leave their house and you don't, you're trespassing.

If the rumors are true that Ashley & Michael aren't filming the new season, it was probably this reunion that was the tipping point.  Ashley has a Dean check for the next 18 years; she doesn't need a Bravo check anymore.  Michael doesn't need to keep getting accused on camera of grabbing people's butts; that's not a good lok and not a good look for his business ventures.

Furthermore, they don't need to be back.  Ashley in particular spent seasons 1-3 all up in the other cast member's business, shading them on sensitive subjects but when it was her turn, she didn't want to take the heat.

And Ashley, the difference between the Blue Eyes Rumors and the Allegations Against Michael is that the allegations on Michael are on tape, repeatedly:

We, the viewers and the cast SAW Michael grab/pat/touch Andrew's butt without his consent.

We the viewers saw the shade room/bossip posts about Michael sending nude photos/taking nude photos

We the viewers know about the charges filed in Montgomery County and the cast knows about it to if HR reached out to least one of them.

While I think Ashley & Michael would bring the drama (especially against Candiace and Chris) next season, it's just not a good look for them or in their best interests to continue on with the show.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

Thank goodness it's over.  Could the Michael thing be rehashed any more times? 

Shut up Candy.  Shut up Karen.  It's none of your business if Michael thanked Ashley for her support publicly. 

Barbecue guy Chris looked ridiculous in his ascot and red velvet slip ons.  Dude.  You're a deadbeat dad and there's nothing about you that  is classy no matter how much you try.  Candy and her little tissue squares that probably only have black smudges on them.  Stop with the pretend tears.

Hm.... Katie wasn't even invited for a segment....

  • Like 13
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I love that it’s the same rumor that has dogged Michael season after season with new accusations year after year but Michael tries to act like this is brand new and is shocked. Lol thanks bravo for the flashbacks 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

They should really do one 90 minute tightly edited reunion. They always make the previews look interesting but then everything gets dragged out and becomes repetitive and boring.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

They should really do one 90 minute tightly edited reunion.

They should do that for all the HWs reunions.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Hiyo said:

They should do that for all the HWs reunions.

Oh I agree that was my suggestion for all reunions though some could probably even be just an hour.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Thank goodness it's over.  Could the Michael thing be rehashed any more times? 

Shut up Candy.  Shut up Karen.  It's none of your business if Michael thanked Ashley for her support publicly. 

Barbecue guy Chris looked ridiculous in his ascot and red velvet slip ons.  Dude.  You're a deadbeat dad and there's nothing about you that  is classy no matter how much you try.  Candy and her little tissue squares that probably only have black smudges on them.  Stop with the pretend tears.

Hm.... Katie wasn't even invited for a segment....

This....nailed it.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Michael came across even worse then I thought he could. He’s a fucking creep and everyone knows it. Chris and Juan seem to be ok with it because they went to the bar with him after. 

I never liked Michael he’s gross but now I dislike Chris Samuels and Juan a bit.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

I believe the camera man. Michael is a serial ass grabber.

Ashley can deflect with Karen/Blue Eyes all she wants, but Blue Eyes didn’t result in sexual assault accusations for Karen. She didn’t have to go in the local Fox affiliate to explain away sexual assault.

The price of her comfort is/will continue to be repeatedly brushing off claims of Michael sexually assaulting passers-by and her personal humiliation.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I bet Ashley had hell to pay when she got home from the reunion.

Ashley is not some shrinking violet. I also suspect with a new baby and these allegations sticking to Michael, Ashley currently has the upper-hand.  I would not be surprised if she gave Michael the riot act because he can't just keep his mouth shut and look sincere. Instead, he attacked everyone and came off as guilty and an asshole. In other words, he undid all the damage control that Ashley has been trying to do all season.  

Overall, this was a one-note very boring reunion. I hope that talk of butt-grabbing is out of all of their systems so we can move on to something else next season. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Well, that was a bust; talk about a long, drawn out, boring reunion (and season)....zzzz. What a waste of time.

Yet another Housewives franchise that fails to entertain and comes up short time after time. I’m dumping this one too  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

That was both infuriating and disappointing. The only thing this reunion solidified for me was my dislike and disdain for the Darbys.  I can not stand either one of them and hope they never darken the Potomac franchise with their presence ever again. ASSHOLES! 

I was livid over Michael mansplaining his bullshit, belittling everyone's thoughts and opinions and dismissing what they have witnessed with their own eyes. What an entitled twat! 

What made me just as if not more livid was the majority of the cast bending over backwards to then kiss Assley's ass and apologize to her. WTF do they have to apologize for?!?! That no one called her on her shit about staying out of her business while she and Michael have been all up in everyone's else business had me in rage stroke territory.

I know Candi isn't popular around many parts, but the one reason I can't dislike is because she has been the only one to give Asshley and Bussy Swatter the bizness consistently. 

I thought Andy was also entirely too accommodating and deferential towards Michael. 

12 hours ago, drivethroo said:

And Ashley, the difference between the Blue Eyes Rumors and the Allegations Against Michael is that the allegations on Michael are on tape, repeatedly:

We, the viewers and the cast SAW Michael grab/pat/touch Andrew's butt without his consent.

We the viewers saw the shade room/bossip posts about Michael sending nude photos/taking nude photos

We the viewers know about the charges filed in Montgomery County and the cast knows about it to if HR reached out to least one of them.

While I think Ashley & Michael would bring the drama (especially against Candiace and Chris) next season, it's just not a good look for them or in their best interests to continue on with the show.

For real, Karen does NOT have a history or multiply accusations of infidelity. Mike is the Potomac resident serial bussy swatter! Karen definitely struck a nerve with her little speech about victims of sexual assault which was why Assley had to revert to form with deflection bringing up Blue Eyes. Bitch! What was that about staying out of her business again? I really wished Karen hadn't walked it back and apologized at the end of the show. 

That Big Chris and Juan went out for dinner and drinks with him afterwards make me think less of them, especially Juan who really didn't do much of anything to defend his wife against Aussie gollum.

A disappointed end to an otherwise entertaining season.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, breezy424 said:
11 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

Are both of Karen’s children fathered by Ray?

No.  The son who is older has a different father

Karen is such a hypocrite. How can she judge Ashley’s financial motives for having a baby with her husband?  Karen’s motives for having a child with the Black Bill Gates are questionable. Now that child support is off the table Karen has to wait it out.  

Wonder if The Black Bill Gates was legally single when Karen began her hunt?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

I thought Andy was also entirely too accommodating and deferential towards Michael. 

Well, Andy tends to almost always be too deferential.  But, I wonder how much of a factor it was in his behavior that the editors had spliced in "behind the scenes" audio of the alleged butt grabbing that was out of context.  

It was very interesting that Juan gave a no comment on the Michael situation that was specific to him, but then went to have dinner with him.  I thought the no comment was an indication he was upset about it but didn't want to get involved, but I guess not. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

26 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

I thought Andy was also entirely too accommodating and deferential towards Michael. 

 Andy is probably an ass grabber himself. He is a bit of a perv especially when it comes to much younger, hot men. He practically salivates when they are on his show and his sex talk on his radio show is off putting to say the least.  

  • Like 10
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, laprin said:

Overall, this was a one-note very boring reunion. I hope that talk of butt-grabbing is out of all of their systems so we can move on to something else next season. 

I don't think there will be butt grabbing talk next season because I don't think Ashley & Michael will be back...or if they are, Michael won't be filming with the rest of the cast, only Ashley.

55 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

That Big Chris and Juan went out for dinner and drinks with him afterwards make me think less of them, especially Juan who really didn't do much of anything to defend his wife against Aussie gollum.

I think the Samuels have some kind of deal with the Darbys they don't want to jeopardize by speaking out against them (could be real estate related). 

Broke Chris stayed jumping to defend Candiace, while Juan fled to the bathroom.  That's all you need to know about Robyn & Juan.

29 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

Karen is such a hypocrite. How can she judge Ashley’s financial motives for having a baby with her husband?  Karen’s motives for having a child with the Black Bill Gates are questionable. Now that child support is off the table Karen has to wait it out.  

Karen and everyone else can judge Ashley's financial motives because Ashley has been proudly voicing her golddigger tendencies since Season 1.  Nobody else on the cast has any evidence about Karen getting her golddigger on with Ray and even if that was the case, Ray could easily pull the plug on Karen now that Rayvin is grown, just like Charisse's husband pulled the plug on her the minute their daughter graduated from high school.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, drivethroo said:

<snip>

Michael has special ire for Robyn because Robyn is the roadblock between him and Juan.

<snip>

And Ashley, the difference between the Blue Eyes Rumors and the Allegations Against Michael is that the allegations on Michael are on tape, repeatedly:

You know Michael wanted to follow Juan to the bathroom. Second, the main difference is that the alleged  Blue Eyes thing would have been consensual. 

2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

I was livid over Michael mansplaining his bullshit, belittling everyone's thoughts and opinions and dismissing what they have witnessed with their own eyes. What an entitled twat! 

I know, right? I couldn't stand listening to him hop-scotch through various reasons (I only bumped into him, it's part of my culture,  I didn't do anything, I don't care what you think, it was an inside joke, etc.) for the butt-grabbing scandal. You know how much of a dick you need to be to have me feeling sympathy for Gizelle and agreeing with the Paler Chris? 

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Candiace was technically correct that when she told Ashley to leave her house and Ashley kept coming back in, Ashley was at that point trespassing.  Doesn't matter if Candiace was ridiculous with the butter knife.  When somebody tells you to leave their house and you don't, you're trespassing.

I'm not sure Ashley was trespassing.  If Dorothy's house was the designated filiming location, I'm sure they all had legal permission to be there.  I don't think Ashely could break and enter, but if the door is unlocked, I think it's fine for her to return to her filming location over and over.  I think that's why, when Candiace said "trespassing," Andy almost fell out laughing.  He probably didn't want to break the fourth wall, but it was probably not trespassing.  

I don't care enough about an ass-grab, allegedly or not, to have to sit through the witch trial from last nigh.  If this had been going on for years, Bravo and/or its production company, had a responsibility to remove Michael from the set for creating a hostile work environment.  The charges were dropped for lack of evidence (or there were never any criminal charges, to hear Michael tell it), so I don't know why we spent two reunion installations discussion conjecture and hearsay.  It's really unfair.  I think Michael did something untoward, but there's no concrete evidence, so I'm just letting it go, the way I let it go when Sherman was caught "creeping in the park," even though that did result in an arrest.  It's just...how many times can we rehash the same shit?

I don't care if I stand alone in this, but I think Michael handled himself extremely well, and I have to respect that.  He portrayed himself far and away as the most intelligent person on that stage.  Whenever they threw everything at him but the kitchen sink, he didn't even flinch.  It was all quiet, measured responses along the lines of "what evidence do you have?"  And, in the end, they didn't have any good evidence.  Michael is allowed to say, "Karen, shame on you," or whatever he said.  That's not disrespectful.

Karen, on the other hand...I don't know what she wants.  It seems as if she will not be satisfied until Michael takes a rocket ship into outer space where they can hold a special Michael trial where they can declare his "innocence" or "guilt," because that type of court doeesn't exist on earth; it exists in dystopian novels.  And, yes, he went on Fox Five to clear his name.  And?  So?  Michael is perfectly entitled to give his side, and I'm sure if he didn't give his side, Karen would find that to be evidence of guilt.  It is rich that Karen is using the fainting couch because someone is allegedly "lying."  Karen...how about that breast reduction that you lied about?  How about the fact that you lied through your teeth at the season two reunion about wanting to live closer to your parents, that the Chinese bought your house in the middle of the night, and how about the lie by omission you and your husband told when you professed everything to be fine in the House of Huger, only for the tax issues to drop on BBG practically the next day?  I'm normally 50/50 on Karen, but she can get the fuck off her high horse anytime on this one.

I think it's appalling that the "cameraman" got to level these accusations, but he never got publicly named, while Michael has to defend against an accusation that was dropped.  Why aren't we looking into this cameraman's background?  Maybe he made several ass-grabbing accusations and immediately thereafter dropped them.  It's just so fundamentally unfair.

Somone upthread, I think, asked why Micheal isn't suing for slander.  I think it's because people were very careful with their words.  They mostly said they believe it's true, which is an opinion, and opinions generally aren't subject matter for defamation.  I definitely think that Michael threatened to sue Bravo for incorrectly portraying a conversation between Michael and Monique's cousin as a conversation between Michael and "the cameraman," which was really irresponsible, and I'm convinced that was why Andy made that big announcement that he had made a mistake on WWHL, and would Michael like to explain?  Cause Andy dropped the ball on that one.  Big time.

I don't think Michael owes Ashley an apology at all.  Apologies are for when you've done something wrong.  I'm not saying Michael did nothing wrong, I'm saying it's Michael's story that he did nothing wrong.  Apologizing would be inconsistent with that story.  If there were, say, rumors flying around that my husband had sex with a 16 year old girl and his position was that it was patently untrue, I would not want him to apologize to me, because he didn't do anything.  If he ever did apologize to me, I would look at it as an admission of guilt.  So they can all go kick rocks with that theory IMO.

Juan was not about to say word one about this, or anything else.  He felt like he got an unfair barrage of questions from Andy at the season two reunion, and now he is just going to keep quiet.  I think Juan and Big Chris went out with Michael after this in a movement of solidarity, and I think it's nice that they're not judging Michael for nebulous gossip.  

And to think that a lot of this Michael business was drawn out over two parts of the reunion because there was nothing else to talk about (Gizelle and Robyn renovated houses!  Monique was pregnant!  Karen was grieving her parents for the second consecutive season! Candiace has mommy issues!  These are all things that could have been wrapped up in one reunion installation, with time for a Katie appearance, to boot).  

Either break any type of contract Michael has and throw him and Ashely to the curb together, because they are liabilities, or make the ass-grab storyline one of many things that are discussed, but there's never a reason to literally have a show trial on reality TV for something as serious as sexual assault.  That makes me kinda nauseous.

Oh, and just when I thought I couldn't hate Candiace more, she has to grab Robyn and Gizelle and mock-faint on the couch, as if she's trying to become a gif.  Candiace, you are no Kenya Moore.  You are humorless, and nothing you do or say will be funny or interesting.  Your desperation to be taken seriously with your slow-talking is palpable.  Hate Ashley all you want--I'm not a fan--but it's mind-boggling that Ashely is younger than Candiace.  Ashley has more self-possession in her little finger than Candiace ever will.

Didn't meant to write a novel.  I am just very much against anything that even resembles a witch hunt, and I will pretty much always be on the side of the person who is getting dogged when there's no proof against him.  Even if I think there are skeletons.  And I hope to be extended the same grace someday if I ever become the victim of a pack mentality.

  • Like 9
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Regarding assgate and suckadickgate, what was with Juan saying "I have no comment" and something to the effect of not getting involved in this. Hey, bud. I'm sure you were getting paid for this season so start talking. If Andy asks you a question, answer it!! You're not sitting up there for your charming personality and athletic good looks. He's such a jerk. 

Old man Ray getting his ass grabbed makes me lmao! I think he was flattered. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

LOL at Candiace talking about sex between her and brown dick Chris.  Sounded boring to me, for newly weds. And when further questioned, it sounded even more boring.  Surprise she didn't say, wham, bam, thank  you mam.    Also, wonder how long her make up with Monique will last?  Probably about as long as one of her folded up kleenex.

And Robin, Juan would totally have a threesome. Just not with Candiace.  You might want to wonder about that.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I'm not sure Ashley was trespassing.  If Dorothy's house was the designated filiming location, I'm sure they all had legal permission to be there.  I don't think Ashely could break and enter, but if the door is unlocked, I think it's fine for her to return to her filming location over and over.  I think that's why, when Candiace said "trespassing," Andy almost fell out laughing.  He probably didn't want to break the fourth wall, but it was probably not trespassing.  
 

I'm not sure about this. If you lease space to someone for an event, you as the owner still have a right to say that x or y has violated your rules and must be removed from the property. My SO was a former party promoter and this would happen all the time. They would rent out a venue, someone would show up at the party and the bar/nightclub owner would say "The guy in the jeans got drunk and trashed the place a few weeks ago - he's not allowed in and you need to get rid of him. 

Quote

I don't care if I stand alone in this, but I think Michael handled himself extremely well, and I have to respect that.  He portrayed himself far and away as the most intelligent person on that stage.  Whenever they threw everything at him but the kitchen sink, he didn't even flinch.  It was all quiet, measured responses along the lines of "what evidence do you have?"  And, in the end, they didn't have any good evidence.  Michael is allowed to say, "Karen, shame on you," or whatever he said.  That's not disrespectful.

I was really intrigued by the interesting racial dynamics at play. Basically the old white guy was sitting up saying "I don't care what any of you claim to have seen, you're observations don't equate to proof". He basically dismissed outright Robyn, Karen and Gizelle's claims that they either saw behavior, or had been made aware of behavior. When Chris said he was aware of it, Michael went at him hard "How do you know" and neatly deflected Chris' response that he was called by HR on at least one other occasion outside of the party to respond regarding an interaction with Michael and the cameraman. Yet, Michael was allowed to basically affirm his innocence with nothing more than "it didn't happen".  He didn't prove he was innocent, he basically just said, you can't prove I did it.

Quote

I think it's appalling that the "cameraman" got to level these accusations, but he never got publicly named, while Michael has to defend against an accusation that was dropped.  Why aren't we looking into this cameraman's background?  Maybe he made several ass-grabbing accusations and immediately thereafter dropped them.  It's just so fundamentally unfair.

The cameraman was named in the complaint, and he was referenced by his name "Andrew" several times last night.

Spoiler

Andy also disclosed on WWHL that despite what he said on the reunion show about not recalling having been grabbed by Michael, after the show taped, one of his colleagues at Bravo called him and said that he remembered talking to Andy after the season 1 reunion and Andy mentioning that Michael had grabbed his ass after the taping was over. He said it was something he thought was a little weird but he put out of his mind until the guy reminded him about it.

  • Like 13
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

The cameraman was named in the complaint, and he was referenced by his name "Andrew" several times last night.

Andrew was Katie's old boyfriend and was ass-grabbed by Michael in season1.  I don't think we've ever heard the name of the cameraman in question.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Broke Chris stayed jumping to defend Candiace, while Juan fled to the bathroom.  That's all you need to know about Robyn & Juan.

Whew Chile! Juan does not love Robin! Michael has a better chance of getting that D from Juan than Robyn does.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

 Andy is probably an ass grabber himself. He is a bit of a perv especially when it comes to much younger, hot men. He practically salivates when they are on his show and his sex talk on his radio show is off putting to say the least.  

That's a disgusting thing to accuse Andy of without one shred of proof. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

A first name, such as Andrew, could be an alias, and it doesn't identify the accuser (even though, as @Mondrianyone pointed out, Andrew was Katie's boyfriend's name). Unless I can google the accuser the way I can google "Michael Darby," I'm not sure his identity was revealed.  It's way too dangerous to be an anonymous accuser.  If I want to deprive a man of his liberty, I am going to stand up and accuse him and everyone will know who I am, because I should have nothing to fear.

I don't know that the races of the people on stage had any relationship to distribution of opinion. Michael, Juan, Big Chris, Ashley and Monique seemed to be pro-Michael, which is one white person, one person who identifies as half-white and half-black, and three people who are black.  Everyone else seemed to be anti-Michael, including White Chris.  Andy was on the side of making this as sensational as possible, so I would put him in the anti-Michael category.  Race and opinions varied across the board.  I'm not sure I see anything interesting or related about that.  Just me.

The thing is that this was a whole lot of nothing.  If Ray says Michael grabbed Andy's ass, and when asked about it, Andy is suddenly deeply engrossed in his phone, neither confirming nor denying, he has no credibility with me from that point on.  Michael didn't prove his innocence--that's like proving a negative; it's impossible under these circumstances--but he denied that things happened when there was no credible evidence that they happened, and no one brought any credible evidence in response, so I have no choice but to believe him.  When one person brings credible evidence and not "he said, she said," (he said, he said?) I would consider it.  It never happened.

If Michael was dismissive of Karen, Gizelle and Robyn, Occam's Razor would suggest that is's because Robyn, Gizelle and Karen are respectively an airhead, and two women who have been viscious and overwrought when it came to his wife.  Michael probably considered White Chris a friend or buddy who had never previously crossed him or his wife, so he went harder at Chris because he felt betrayed.  I don't see a racial component.  There is an argument to be made that there's a sex component to it, and Michael took Chris's accusation harder because he was a man, but I don't buy that argument either, as there are too many other variables at work.  I don't think Michael subscribes to the Karen Huger "if a man says it, it's true" school of thought.

I'm not sure I have much more to say about this topic.  It was a disgusting attack that will never go away, and I'm so glad this season is over and that Married to Medicine followed as a light and refreshing palette cleanser.

I'm never going to believe Michael was not so dangerous that he shouldn't be excluded from the reunion, but he was dangerous enough to rake him over the coals for two television hours.  A lot of people have a lot to be ashamed about.  They're sickening and boring.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, retired watcher said:

That's a disgusting thing to accuse Andy of without one shred of proof. 

Ever watch his show or listen to his radio show? To his disgusting talk about picking up men and his one nighters and threesomes? I said probably, not definitely. My opinion. 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

The cameraman's name is Michael or Mike.  If you do some digging online, you can find the unredacted police report from Montgomery County, MD which names Michael Darby and the accuser, whose middle name is Michael or Mike.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Ever watch his show or listen to his radio show? To his disgusting talk about picking up men and his one nighters and threesomes? I said probably, not definitely. My opinion. 

A grown man having sex and talking about it openly? Look I think Andy is a douche 1000% but everyone has sex and has long has its consensual and everyone's over the age of 18 is it really a problem? I mean come on now .... If a woman does this its Empowering shes claiming her own sexuality shes fearless and open ...There is a lot to not like about Andy but come on being open about his sex life shouldn't be at the top of that list

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I mean come on now .... If a woman does this its Empowering shes claiming her own sexuality shes fearless and open ..

I think it's tacky for a woman to do it, too. IMHO

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I think it's tacky for a woman to do it, too. IMHO

98.9% of things on all reality tv is tacky I mean lets be honest ... look at the the real housewives franchise they have devolved into screaming matches and seeing who can out low blow the next wife i mean honestly we just had a full reunion episode dedicated to the fact that a housewives husband sexually assaults people and plays it off has just being a friendly Aussie and tried to deflect by dragging in things that had nothing to do with anything and no one on that stage was really taking the fact that sexual assault is a serious thing I mean they laughed it off and off to the next topic like no big deal   ....or look at Love after lock up , 16 and pregnant ... pregnant at the same time as my teen... beyond the pole....I didn't know i was pregnant most of the love and hip hop franchises Etc Etc ...Reality tv and the reality "celebrity's" don't really scream class and sophistication because no one with an ounce of self respect would do a show like this but those seeing dollar signs jump on cause one they know they can be tacky as hell and get paid well for it.....I think most of the people watch these shows to feel better about themselves.... hey my life might be a shit show but at least I'm not (insert reality show or reality show celebrity doing and saying such shitty and vile things on tv)  and we all sigh and say so I must not be that bad .....

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I laughed at Juan raising his hand like he had something extremely important to say, only for him to go to the bathroom. 

My favorite part was all of the ladies laughing at Canyass's trespassing comment.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

On 9/30/2019 at 1:51 AM, Marley said:

I never liked Michael he’s gross but now I dislike Chris Samuels and Juan a bit.

Chris Samuels did not come off well this season at all for me.  In the past he's seemed like a protective husband who loves his wife, but this season he's come off super controlling.  I didn't so much mind him insisting that Monique apologize to someone at the beginning of the season, because I could see having a conversation with a spouse where you talk things through and say listen this is an important thing and I really think you should apologize.  And I could see, in my own marriage, either my husband or I agreeing to apologize to someone because the other person felt it was important more so than we really wanted to.  But the constant repeating that they would have more kids when Monique would say that she thought this one would be the last because the pregnancy was difficult? Nope.  Followed with him complaining because he wasn't getting enough sex?  Yeah, not feeling him. 

On 9/30/2019 at 12:56 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Somone upthread, I think, asked why Micheal isn't suing for slander.  I think it's because people were very careful with their words.  They mostly said they believe it's true, which is an opinion, and opinions generally aren't subject matter for defamation.  I definitely think that Michael threatened to sue Bravo for incorrectly portraying a conversation between Michael and Monique's cousin as a conversation between Michael and "the cameraman," which was really irresponsible, and I'm convinced that was why Andy made that big announcement that he had made a mistake on WWHL, and would Michael like to explain?  Cause Andy dropped the ball on that one.  Big time.

I don't think Michael owes Ashley an apology at all.  Apologies are for when you've done something wrong.  I'm not saying Michael did nothing wrong, I'm saying it's Michael's story that he did nothing wrong.  Apologizing would be inconsistent with that story.  If there were, say, rumors flying around that my husband had sex with a 16 year old girl and his position was that it was patently untrue, I would not want him to apologize to me, because he didn't do anything.  If he ever did apologize to me, I would look at it as an admission of guilt.  So they can all go kick rocks with that theory IMO.

I don't think it was Andy who dropped the ball on this.  I mean, I doubt he edits the show.  I do think it was edited poorly, but now that Andy isn't an exec at Bravo I don't know how much say he has over the show itself.  I wish they'd make that clear, honestly, because it's difficult to know where the lines are sometimes.  

I see where the wives were coming from with wanting Michael to apologize to Ashley.  Not so much for doing anything wrong, but just for having to deal with the whole situation.  It's kind of like when I had a family crisis that my husband and I had to go clean up, it wasn't anything that I did and it wasn't anything that could be avoided, but I ended up apologizing that he was stuck in the situation.  I felt horrible that he had to deal with it because he was married to me.  So I could see Michael apologizing to Ashley in that way, because she's got this fallout, and it not being an admission of guilt.  (Although I do think he is guilty)

On 9/30/2019 at 1:32 PM, bichonblitz said:

Regarding assgate and suckadickgate, what was with Juan saying "I have no comment" and something to the effect of not getting involved in this. Hey, bud. I'm sure you were getting paid for this season so start talking. If Andy asks you a question, answer it!! You're not sitting up there for your charming personality and athletic good looks. He's such a jerk. 

Old man Ray getting his ass grabbed makes me lmao! I think he was flattered. 

I think Juan had comments to make but knew that if he made the comments he would be making them to a gay man and it wouldn't be a wise thing to do.  So he kept quiet.

On 10/2/2019 at 8:15 AM, TV Diva Queen said:

Closed caption? Or description of Candiass?  You make the call.  

candy.png

Why can't it be both?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I don’t like Robyn much, but man. I was so annoyed Juan just sat there and didn’t defend the mother of his children. Does he like Michael that much? Is he concerned about jeopardizing a connection to a wealthy man? It’s just bizarre. I also expected more from Chris Samuels. Did the Darbys slip something in their water? What’s everyone drinking that Michael got out of this without all of the men banding together to say this isn’t okay? Kudos to Ray and white Chris for standing up to Michael. 

I hated the way Michael stood over Gizelle. It’s an intimidation tactic that he wouldn’t have used if she had a man with her. I’m glad Gizelle didn’t back down. She also made a comment on WWHL a couple of months ago about how Ashley doesn’t have much time left in her contract. I mean, her marriage. The prenup has a 5 year term where she’d get enough money to be comfortable. Plus, she would get child support. I’m wondering if she’s just holding on to maximize the amount of money she’d get.

This show is definitely tainted if Michael comes back. Every RHW show has had at least one storyline that made things dark. NY, OC, ATL, and BH have all had that moment. Not sure about Dallas. But it definitely changes the show in a way that isn’t very positive. I’d hate to see that happen with Potomac.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

I don’t like Robyn much, but man. I was so annoyed Juan just sat there and didn’t defend the mother of his children. Does he like Michael that much? Is he concerned about jeopardizing a connection to a wealthy man? It’s just bizarre. I also expected more from Chris Samuels. Did the Darbys slip something in their water? What’s everyone drinking that Michael got out of this without all of the men banding together to say this isn’t okay? Kudos to Ray and white Chris for standing up to Michael. 

I hated the way Michael stood over Gizelle. It’s an intimidation tactic that he wouldn’t have used if she had a man with her. I’m glad Gizelle didn’t back down. She also made a comment on WWHL a couple of months ago about how Ashley doesn’t have much time left in her contract. I mean, her marriage. The prenup has a 5 year term where she’d get enough money to be comfortable. Plus, she would get child support. I’m wondering if she’s just holding on to maximize the amount of money she’d get.

This show is definitely tainted if Michael comes back. Every RHW show has had at least one storyline that made things dark. NY, OC, ATL, and BH have all had that moment. Not sure about Dallas. But it definitely changes the show in a way that isn’t very positive. I’d hate to see that happen with Potomac.

Michael is a rich white man and that means he has power. The show has falsely edited other people before and never apologized. Nobody wants to get into it with Michael’s lawyers...it’s just not worth it to them.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

This show is definitely tainted if Michael comes back. Every RHW show has had at least one storyline that made things dark. NY, OC, ATL, and BH have all had that moment. Not sure about Dallas. But it definitely changes the show in a way that isn’t very positive. I’d hate to see that happen with Potomac.

Dallas has Leeanne who has basically always been a cloud over the show.  From the very beginning she has been threatening people, breaking glasses and having weird breaks from reality.  I think it was the first season that they had the sleepover iphone footage that was crazy, but I might be mixing up my shows.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/29/2019 at 8:44 PM, Bronzedog said:

To me, the more Michael talks, the more I believe he’s guilty.  Plus, he’s coming across as really unlikeable.  Wouldn’t he be suing people right and left if this is all slander?

He’s so unfortunate looking.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Chris and Monique both disagreed with Michael when he said he and Monique’s cousin always squeezed butts.  They repeated it several times.  Michael is just dirt on their shoes.  They are a good, solid family.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size