Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E18: Au Revoir, Sirocco

• Start Topic

A boat catches fire in port stranding Sirocco with nowhere to go; the interior team resents Sandy's harsh criticism; Jack and Aesha contemplate their future; Sandy calls out Hannah's lack of passion for yachting.

Airs September 30, 2019.

On 9/28/2019 at 9:20 PM, biakbiak said:

Oh fuck off Sandy. Criticize her work/performance but it’s none of your business if she has a passion for yachting. A ton of people do it as a means to end because they like the travel, the flexible schedule and the money and that’s okay! Most people don’t work at jobs they are passionate about because that’s the way life works. You aren’t a life coach so shut it!

I actually like the idea of calling out Hannah on yachting not being her passion.   All that you say here is true, but a reality check is probably a good thing for Hannah - and for Hannah and the captain.

I think Captain is completely fine with the idea that yachting may not be Hannah's passion.  It doesn't really matter so long as Hannah does what she's supposed to do.

I actually adore Hannah, but I'm with Sandy on this one.  IMO, Hannah is like Jack.  She seems to do just the bare minimum to get the job done and rarely goes above and beyond.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
On 9/28/2019 at 7:20 PM, biakbiak said:

Oh fuck off Sandy

Love it! LOL!  Go sail away into the sunset with your new lover Sandy. I would much rather have Captain (forgot his name but he's the bald one with lots of brown spots) take her place. 

But I'll be watching the season finale to find out if Hannah got fired or quit or everything was Bravo editing.

• Love 8

Does Ben have some kind of strip bandage under one of his eyes?  How did that happen without us hearing every detail of it?  (Or did this happen last week and I forgot about it?)

Sandy is the kind of boss where you just have to let them blow their top and appease them and then they’ll get over it.  Annoying.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

At least Colin didn’t stick that finger back in the food.

I actually don’t mind Sandy. Hannah, however, gets on my last nerve. She’s acts so lazy and entitled. I agree with Ben saying more work less love. Up til this charter, the table settings were meh. I set a better table for a dinner party. If I was spending beaucoup bucks on a yacht, I’d be beyond annoyed if I had to ask for a drink or wait for the table to be set 10:30 breakfast time request notwithstanding. There’s just no excuse for the shoddy service. Hannah couldn’t care less about her job. I hope she gets fired. 

Edited by nytonc
  • Love 20
12 minutes ago, nytonc said:

. I hope she gets fired. 

Well maybe for her entitlement and service, but not because she is something good to snark on. 

11 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Now Sandy wants to be a team.  barf. 

Only with Joao. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Yes Sandy is annoying but when Hannah started in on "how can i have passion about scrubbing toilets [& wiping fingerprints]?" & Sandy said "c'mon Hannah, you know it's not about that," Sandy was absolutely spot on. Hannah wants to do the minimum and get praise and be a "high class" bi**h. I've never seen anything above and beyond with Hannah and likely never will.  She is also a mean girl. 

All this "female empowerment" b.s. that Anastasia is spewing on SM is annoying. You have a bad attitude and all had unkind moments toward June and even one another (in talking heads). But Aesha's probably got the least amount of emotional baggage and is able to show kindness most of the time and to most people.  

• Love 19

Where was all that negative energy when Mila was cooking dog food for the guests Sandy!? Aesha needed to stay in her lane during the dinner and let Sandy and Hannah work out their own issues. Now I understand why Joao is always singing Sandy’s praises. She helped him get his Captain’s position, and he’s not going to rock the boat. Ben’s intensity was hotter than the burners, but his food looked amazing. Neither Hannah nor Sandy are going to leave this dog and pony show, and will be back next season with their love/hate relationship.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

Yes Sandy is annoying but when Hannah started in on "how can i have passion about scrubbing toilets [& wiping fingerprints]?" & Sandy said "c'mon Hannah, you know it's not about that," Sandy was absolutely spot on. Hannah wants to do the minimum and get praise and be a "high class" bi**h. I've never seen anything above and beyond with Hannah and likely never will.  She is also a mean gi

But for the interior crew of a yacht those mundane tasks are what the job is about and something that even a chief stew might have to do on occasion particularly on Hannah’s level there isn’t the same path for interior and working up in the field most likely means leaving the yacht and going into more administering duties like provisioning, planning charters, yacht sales etc. thus getting rid of a lot of the reasons she got into it (travel, flexible schedule and the money) so as usual I thought Sandy was full of shit. Criticize the performance not whether or not she has passion for it. Especially because she only does it for the show so it was just an excuse to pontificate.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, snarts said:

The guests ask for a 10:30am brunch to sleep in on their last day. So why did the deck crew waste time setting up all of the water toys, including the slide, only to put them away to pull anchor at 9:30am?  Complete waste of time and Captain Sandy eats it up like it's some big leadership display.  

They did that because they’re not trying to hear Sandy’s craziness.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, spunky said:

They did that because they’re not trying to hear Sandy’s craziness.

She thrives on people looking busy even if it doesn’t make any sense and the time could be better spent doing something different.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Since Sandy’s current passion seems to be doing anything to get extra camera time I find it completely disingenuous. Not to mention the only “yachting” Hannah does anymore is this show so it’s also a bullshit argument.

I wondered how Sandy found time to drive the boat since she seemed to look for reasons to be on camera.

I wonder why there’s no reunion.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 19
3 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I wondered how Sandy found time to drive the boat since she seemed to look for reasons to be on camera.

I wonder why there’s no reunion.

I think it's because they have been filming next season.

• Useful 4
5 minutes ago, snarts said:

Aesha & Anastasia are on WWHL tonight. So neither is filming S5. 

My new guess on returning cast: Chief Stew Hannah and Captain Joao. 

Joao like Colin seems to be done with this mess.

• Love 3

I see you rrrrzzzzowow....

Kiss Sandy's ass for brownie points, promotions, recommendations. When you're out and about, you drop your mask and mumble your true opinions to people and berate them. I hated the ass kissing but he saw it worked out. I think he's a good worker but the lovey dovey with Sandy is nauseating.

Hannah is no superstar but I wonder if she could've sucked up more to Sandy to at least avoid the constant criticisms.  

I don't recall other charters/seasons boats having table "decor" at all 3 meals especially at breakfast. 

Colin looks like he's Benjamin Button , aging BACKWARDS!!! Must've REALLY wanted to go home!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

WWHL informs us that Jack and Aesha are no longer a couple.  He ran back to his old girlfriend at home.

Shocker!

If anyone is curious about the details, you can get them here. Jack really is a wanker. I never found him (nor Travis) charming.

Edited by Luciano
  • Useful 4
  • Love 12

I still like Capt. Lee and Kate the best.  Capt. Lee stays on the bridge and rarely comes out except to scold.  Sandy is too much all over the place being nosey and wanting air time.  She should stay up there and steer the boat, period.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

He is definitely not on the season. The only two not accounted for are Sandy and Hannah. 

Ugh.  Does that mean Sandy is back next season?  I really dislike her, she ruins the show.  SO looking forward to Captain Lee and Kate.

• Love 6

It’s more fake drama.  Hanna tears up a bit — because Sandy was mean! — but as usual, they all hug it out with kisses when they exit stage right, one by one.

She was already talking about next season!

After Ayesha complained the interior wasn’t praised enough, they showed clips of Sandy praising them over and over.  This dressing down of Hannah is the last bit of drama for the season.

In any event, are there many lifers? It’s a physical job so seems like people would do it for a few years to make as much money, travel, party, etc. and then look for more long term jobs.

Of course on this show, Hannah and Sandy will keep doing it as long as Bravo keeps them. And for Bravo to keep them, they have to play along with the ruses, to have more “dramatic” episodes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, PaperTree said:

WWHL informs us that Jack and Aesha are no longer a couple.  He ran back to his old girlfriend at home.

Shocker!

I watched that and Jack is something else. Aesha thought they were going to stay together post the show and instead of being honest about his concerns, Jack’s girlfriend was the one breaking off Aesha and Jack’s relationship. Aesha still speaks highly of him, but he’s an asshole. He should have been man enough to end the relationship when it was clear he didn’t want to do long distance.

Hannah sucks. I don’t think it’s that yachting isn’t her passion, per se, it’s that she makes it so obvious she hates the job. I’ve had jobs I’ve absolutely hated, but I showed up every day with a smile until I could work in the field I did I love. I had bills to pay. Hannah doesn’t try at all. She put more effort in the girlfriend proposal than she has in the charters. Yachting isn’t her passion and she’s not the suck it up and act happy at work type. She complains about the job, her dissatisfaction, her coworkers, and her guests. Hannah needs a different career.

Colin also said yachting wasn’t his passion, but his performance didn’t suffer because of that. He still tried to contribute to his team as well as the interior when help was needed.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

I see you rrrrzzzzowow....

Kiss Sandy's ass for brownie points, promotions, recommendations. When you're out and about, you drop your mask and mumble your true opinions to people and berate them. I hated the ass kissing but he saw it worked out. I think he's a good worker but the lovey dovey with Sandy is nauseating.

He’s said that he’s grateful for her believing in him and mentoring him and he also sees her as a second mother. He’s one of those people who shows his gratitude by being extremely loyal. She was on Twitter doing her victory lap last night, because once again he was praising her for getting him where he is now.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1