Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Primetimer

Bless the Harts

The boyfriend making the house for the daughter was touching, and the bit with Colin Powell at the end was mildly amusing, but otherwise, I thought it was awful. Annoying and unfunny.

The Jesus bit was not as clever as they thought it was.

• Like 2

Well...I didn't hate this. I can see it getting better...only to be cancelled after this one season.

It's actually refreshing to see a cartoon family where everyone doesn't outright hate each other for once. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

It's actually refreshing to see a cartoon family where everyone doesn't outright hate each other for once. 

The Belchers from "Bob's Burgers" love each other and have demonstrated it. 

• Like 4

"Hug N' Bugs".

Jenny discovers a secret of Betty's that may help her pay off the family's overdue bills. Meanwhile, Wayne, Jenny's boyfriend, is hurt when he discovers that Jenny's daughter Violet is featuring her biological father in her comic book.

It was OK, so I'll keep watching.

What was the deal with Jesus? It seemed like something that was thrown in to be "edgy".

• Like 1

In typical FOX fashion, this was episode 103 in production order, with episode 101 airing this Sunday. So why they would start off with the third episode is beyond me. I can only assume the first episode produced will be a better introduction to all the characters.

• Like 2

I'm not in love with it, but it's okay. I like the characters (& I don't want every single person to die in a blazing fire like I do with Family Guy). It'll do for now.

• Like 1

"Can't Get There From Here".

When money gets tight, Jenny takes on an undesirable second job to help fund Violet's art school tuition. Meanwhile, Wayne comes up with an entirely different plan to make money.

I see why this wasn't played first. I just didn't find it very interesting.

• Like 1

I chuckled at the drive-thru, when they figured out that they could write a check and it wouldn't bounce because it wouldn't hit the bank until Saturday.  Been there, done that.  Love seeing how people with cash flow issues work the system, without resorting to crime.  /smile/

A friend used to "forget" to sign checks, back in the day when a bank would return an unsigned check.  It would give her a few more days to pay the light bill.  She'd also smudge the routing number on the check -- that would take the check out of the automated system, another delay.

And she'd pay her Visa with her MasterCard.

Sometimes Violet speaks too quickly for me to pick up what she's saying -- that's my only gripe.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

A friend used to "forget" to sign checks, back in the day when a bank would return an unsigned check

I think "Roseanne" did that as well 🙂 

"Jenny Unfiltered".

When the town has split opinions over a controversial statue, Jenny learns to play both sides to appease her customers and make some extra money. Meanwhile, Violet accompanies Betty to visit a blast from the past that does not go as planned.

I lost interest in Jenny's story very quickly, then found myself changing the channel and returning to watch Betty's stuff. Not a good sign.

1 hour ago, Ubiquitous said:

No comments on the last ep yet? This is a bad sign...

I liked it.  These people have heart (sorry). 

But I thought the answer to the statue problem could have been to just remove the giant cigarette, or disguise it as something else.

It did help me see that there are two sides of the issue.  If we removed all monuments to people and events that weren't worthy of praise, we'd have very few monuments left.  Maybe that would be okay -- it costs money to take care of those things -- but it's too much like rewriting history. 

On the other hand, many of those monuments involved rewriting history (or ignoring it) at the time they were erected.

It's a quandary, for sure.