Type keyword(s) to search

Reckless - General Discussion

Gregg247
  • Start Topic

I was able to watch last night's episode on Global TV in Canada. Another great episode, beginning of course with the aftermath of the kiss between Roy and Jamie at the end of last week's show!

• Love 1

Okay episode, but I guess the director wasn't clued in on Jamie and Roy's history when they did the dance scene with the twirlies and back bend. The script had him saying, "No one would know," at the same time he was stroking her skin in public. Sheesh. Silly show.

• Love 1

Jaimie looked pretty alone at the ball, seems like she'd of known more people there  just in her course of work. I wish she'd of had better posture to show off the red dress!  LuAnne did and wow, stunning.  And stupid.  The bugged office comes back around to bite her in the ass of course. Damn. I can't even figure out if I want her to win the case!

Totally confused by the city councilwoman?

And omg what a way to get away with murder - first class.  That was pretty hilarious in the plane. Seems like all Charleston wives get a bit crazy when there's money involved with the mistresses.

Umm....I really don't think there's gonna be a "we" in pregnancy here. And of course since Eric swore no one knew about him, someone will.

• Love 1
Totally confused by the city councilwoman?

Yes! And Arliss and Holland and Terry and Dec. Motives are murky all over town.

Just noticed that Dec's wife is Linda Purl. Yow, we're all getting old. ;)

• Love 1

Thanks, shapeshifter. The Saturday episode did show up on my DVR list but I wasn't sure if it was a mistake or not.

As for "When the Smoke Clears," it was a little too cartoonish for me with the police shoot-out and melodramatic cliffhanger. I wouldn't be sorry to see the end of Preston and his chipmunk jowls, so even though I know the character is needed for the requisite push-pull love triangle, I wish Terry would use those last two bullets on him instead of standing there threatening to.

Lee Anne is behaving like such a ditz that I'm hoping Snidely Whiplash will come along and tie her to the railroad tracks. Overall, the supporting characters are uniformly kind of awful.

I did like learning about some of Roy's history, although I'm still not sure what kind of deal he has going at the firm since Dec keeps threatening to fire him and he seems not to have to answer to any of the other partners about his non-city cases.

• Love 1

Some observations based on last night's episode "When the Smoke Clears." It must be frustrating for Jamie to be so committed to Lee Anne's case and then find out about Lee Anne's encounter with Terry on the night of the Mayor's Ball. Jamie cautioned Lee Anne at the ball about who she gets in bed with (in reference to Joyce Reed), only for her to end up with Terry. Jamie also commented to Megan Hickson about Lee Anne's honesty, without knowing what had happened after the ball. I suppose too that Jamie is holding back from pursuing her relationship with Roy because of her commitment to Lee Anne's case. It will be interesting to see what Jamie says to Lee Anne at their next meeting.

I'm also curious about the timeline on the night of the ball. Lee Anne left for Jamie's place and Jamie stayed and danced with Roy. There could not have been much time between Lee Anne's departure and Jamie's departure from the ball. Yet, there was time for Lee Anne to meet Terry outside Jamie's office, have their conversation, and then go inside the office for their encounter. How did Jamie not find them together when she returned to her place (even with Jamie's comment to Terry in an earlier episode "I heard it's only five minutes!")? I suppose that she might have gone for a walk along the water, but it would be a question that I might want to pose to the writers. 

Interesting that the Roy and Jamie interactions were more business only in this episode, giving an opening for Preston to express his feelings to Jamie. 

Show just jumped the shark for me; suddenly I am completely uninterested.  I think it was during the previews when Jaimie said what LeAnne is doing is fraud.  It just suddenly hit me - this is NOT a sympathetic character and she has NO morals (trying not to use the WH word...).  I was just over it.  And hated the no Roy and Jaimie time completely. 

I agree Lordonia, Preston won't get shot or they wouldn't have stopped it right there, but another one of my fantasies was killed too - that bad cop Terry might not be THAT bad.  Ummm, yes, he is.  Wonder how they'll find Preston or who's not dead?

It was interesting but kind of a throw away to have Roy with such mother issues and Jamie with all her no parent issues.  No wonder they're both so messed up, :)

Roy's obviously able to get any pretty woman he wants and it was really strange to see him with his high school girlfriend and absolutely NO sexual chemistry at all?  But him and Jamie as end game?  I think she'd be happier with Preston - he sees shades of grey.

So there's no one to root for and I thought the low keyed reaction to the office being bugged was ridiculous, btw. 

I agree that LeAnne is not a sympathetic character at all.    I don't even care if she wins the case.   I don't know if the writers want her to be not overly bright but  sympathetic or just plain indiscriminate.   Either way, I don't particularly care for her.     

I didn't like the silly cliff-hanger ending.  Of course, Terry is not going to kill Preston, but I guess we're supposed to be on the edge of our seats in anticipation of the next episode.   Preston is another character I wouldn't miss.

It was good to have some background on Roy's life, and his confrontation with his mother brought all kinds of "way-to-tell-her" satisfaction.   I guess his pretty new client from his past, along with Preston's declaration of love for Jamie, is supposed to throw in obstructions to the inevitable Roy/Jamie connection.    But it will happen, and we know it, no matter how many opposing lawsuits and former lovers get in the way.   This show is such a soap opera, but I am hooked. 

I like Gregory Harrison and think he looks great.   Haven't seen him for ages.   I'm not sure what to think of his character and the various women in his life, as well as his interactions with Roy, but at least he's interesting. 

Love the setting and camera work.   I hope the show doesn't get canceled. 

Edited by crocosmia
  • Love 1

...Lee Anne is behaving like such a ditz that I'm hoping Snidely Whiplash will come along and tie her to the railroad tracks....

LOL! Totally agree.

So we see Terry grab the camera, but not before it already recorded their foreplay. That doesn't make much sense.

The only way they could redeem her is if it turns out Preston set up the gang rape thing as part of his sting operation. But that makes no sense either.

Right now I'm just watching because of Shawn Hatosy and because it's like a 20 car pile up on the other side of the freeway.

• Love 1

I just saw a recent press release from CBS. The season finale will be on Saturday, Sept. 13, with the last episodes of the season, Episodes 12 and 13, being broadcast back to back as a two hour special. That means that we will have two episodes this weekend, Episode 9 on Saturday and Episode 10 on Sunday, and then Episode 11 next Sunday night. It looks like CBS wants to wrap up the season and switch to its new fall shows. 

I saw some sneak peek clips of Saturday's episode. Interesting to see what happens this weekend.

• Love 2

I just saw a recent press release from CBS. The season finale will be on Saturday, Sept. 13, with the last episodes of the season, Episodes 12 and 13, being broadcast back to back as a two hour special. That means that we will have two episodes this weekend, Episode 9 on Saturday and Episode 10 on Sunday, and then Episode 11 next Sunday night. It looks like CBS wants to wrap up the season and switch to its new fall shows. 

I saw some sneak peek clips of Saturday's episode. Interesting to see what happens this weekend.

It's interesting they didn't just end it.  I mean broadcasting on a Saturday is kind of a hand-wave, but when they have to commit Sunday hours to something, that actually interferes a bit with their real scheduling, and COMBINING Saturday and Sunday is something I haven't really heard of a network doing in a LOOOOONG time (at one point in history it might have been a GOOD thing to combine programming on those days, not a bad/desperate one).

...COMBINING Saturday and Sunday is something I haven't really heard of a network doing in a LOOOOONG time (at one point in history it might have been a GOOD thing to combine programming on those days, not a bad/desperate one).

This show shouldn't take it personally; they're doing the same with Unforgettable. Both were pre-empted by golf a couple of weeks ago, so the Saturday airing is just a way to catch up without wasting prime time spots.

ETA: Major eyeroll when Preston "gives a second chance" to McCandless.

Edited by shapeshifter

Saturday's "Damage Control" has many scenes that I found interesting. When Roy and Jamie went to the hospital when they heard that Preston had been shot, I noticed that Roy wanted to touch Jamie when they were sitting together on the chair, but he held off doing so. I also loved the court room interaction between Jamie and Dec, especially when Jamie cited Dec from a previous case when he was a prosecutor. I noticed a few times that he admired Jamie's performance in court. I wonder if he might want to hire her for his firm, especially since his firm lost money and a major client! The scene near the end when Jamie acknowledges Roy's win in having the sexual harassment claim dismissed with prejudice showed how much they admire each other's work. It's good that each of them wins cases from time to time. It's also telling about his character that Roy understands that Jamie needs to be there for Preston now. It must be very disappointing for Knox to see his case against police corruption vanish under pressure from his boss and because of Preston's refusal to testify. I wonder if this will come back to haunt his mayoral campaign.

Tonight's episode should be good, especially with the sex tape going public. I wonder if the reporter Nancy Davis had a hand in its release and if she is still pursuing Roy. 

This is odd. I am watching and entertained but I still have little idea about McCandless and his motivation. He is playing like he really loves Lee Ann and I am starting to believe it but then I just can't with the drugging and serving her up for a gang bang. I'm predicting his Father is involved somehow.

Knox is screwed

This is odd. I am watching and entertained but I still have little idea about McCandless and his motivation. He is playing like he really loves Lee Ann and I am starting to believe it but then I just can't with the drugging and serving her up for a gang bang. I'm predicting his Father is involved somehow.

Knox is screwed

Yeah, I'm now wondering if they are rehabilitating McCandless' character from what they had first planned. I'm not sure, but has anything happened/been revealed yet that would prevent a later reveal of both Terry and LeeAnne having been drugged? By Preston because it would be an easier way to get rid of Terry?

Yeah, I'm now wondering if they are rehabilitating McCandless' character from what they had first planned. I'm not sure, but has anything happened/been revealed yet that would prevent a later reveal of both Terry and LeeAnne having been drugged? By Preston because it would be an easier way to get rid of Terry?

Even if there's some magic reveal about the scummy sexual stuff, are we supposed to just forget that Terry sells guns to criminals?  Or that he was willing to send Jamie to jail with planted evidence?  Or that he didn't just tolerate, but encouraged sexual harassment of the girl he's now supposed to "love"?

• Love 2

Even if there's some magic reveal about the scummy sexual stuff, are we supposed to just forget that Terry sells guns to criminals?  Or that he was willing to send Jamie to jail with planted evidence?  Or that he didn't just tolerate, but encouraged sexual harassment of the girl he's now supposed to "love"?

Yeah, there's no way. It's just that this show doesn't make sense, and I was trying to fanwank it (unsuccessfully). Preston gives him a break because he didn't shoot him??? I mean, more likely he didn't shoot him because it would be hard to explain how his bullets got in Preston's body, and Preston should know that. I guess I'm giving more thought to plot continuity than the writers did.

Remember that childhood party game where each person writes a line of a story, and the next person can see only the line above? It seems these days on many shows, each writer can only see the episode before the one they're writing.

• Love 2

Huh, only saw 20 minutes of it but didn't see the Terry thing coming.  I agree about the redemption arc; or the it's bs arc.  LOL.  What if the whole thing is to keep the police guy from getting to be mayor? Like Terry was doing all that to make the police dept. go down? 

Eh, that's all I got for now.  :(

Edited by Jlina
  • Love 1

This show is like TNT's "Murder in the First."  The show is set in a beautiful place and the cast is good (except Adam Rodriguez*), but the writers don't know what to do with these people.  The only thing that makes this show better than "Murder in the First" is that Cam and Anna have great chemistry and I want to see what happens with the Linda Purl/Gregory Harrison love triangle.

*Adam Rodriguez seems miscast.

Well!  There's absolutely nothing I can say except "huh?!" 

Loved Violet taking immediate action.

LeAnne is just a messed up person, seriously in love with two guys (and a slut to boot?)  and then when Preston said she wasn't drugged it was horrifying.  She sure LOOKS drugged, though.  Only thing I'm wondering is who sat the camera up at that point.

Everything is so convoluted it's pointless almost -but it does look like next week we see some of the back story with Terry's Dad and possible motivations...

and at least we'll see the end.  Thank heavens or I'd really be miserable.

Case of the week is always too heavily relevant to our star prosecutors/defenders, it's an ANVIL!

Beep Beep.

Edited by Jlina

Hey, I'm always in the market for "guilty pleasures" on TV, and this one fits the bill very nicely. Especially since the summer replacements are over and the new Fall season hasn't begun.

I agree, LeAnne is a screwed up person, the kind you keep far out of your life. Jamie should run, not walk. People like LeAnne do nothing but suck the life out of everyone around them, with their narcissistic view of life. They can't help it. It's like part of their brains never matured past the "me-me-me" toddler stage.

And yes, Adam Rodriguez, whom I really like, seems so out of place and uncomfortable in his scenes. He doesn't fit as second fiddle.

I like Jamie. I usually find female leads to be so incredibly annoying (think Julianna Margulies), but Anna Wood is refreshing.

Gregory Harrison--what a blast from the past! And he DOES still look good. I hope his character doesn't become so despicable that he's hard to like.

I hope the show makes it....I love the Charleston shots...I've never been there, but it looks gorgeous. May be my next vacation stop.

Edited by mommalode
  • Love 2

...I agree, LeAnne is a screwed up person, the kind you keep far out of your life. Jamie should run, not walk. People like LeAnne do nothing but suck the life out of everyone around them, with their narcissistic view of life. They can't help it. It's like part of their brains never matured past the "me-me-me" toddler stage....

I hope the show makes it....I love the Charleston shots...I've never been there, but it looks gorgeous. May be my next vacation stop.

That does describe LeAnne. I wonder, was that the writers original intent, or did they just take the story/character there after they saw a few episodes shot?

One reason I started watching is that I've applied for a job there. Last winter in Chicagoland was brutal.

• Love 1

There were several scenes that I found very interesting in last night's episode "Fifty One Percent." I loved the little exchange between Roy and Jamie about the reporter Nancy, including Roy's comment that Nancy has many talents and Jamie's comment that she and Nancy are friends with benefits. The scene with Roy's daughters gave Jamie more reason to love Roy and imagine a relationship with him. Her scene with Preston at the end showed how intensely conflicted she is about her relationship with him. Dec's scene in the last two episodes have showed us more about him, an interesting mix of charm, power, ambition, and vulnerability. I also find it interesting that Roy has such a good relationship with his ex-in-laws, such that Dec and Barbara visit Roy at his place when the girls are there too. Anyone new to the show might have thought they were his parents during that backyard scene. 

There are three episodes left to deal with the various subplots that are going on in this season, especially Lee Anne's case against the city. I think there are definitely enough potential plot points to generate an interesting second season if the network allows it. 

• Love 1

I'm not into into the show, but I still don't feel like I should have to re-watch every episode to try to figure out/remember what's going on from one week to the next. I enjoy the primary characters well enough that I hope the show is renewed, but if it is, the writers need to seriously tone it down with all the twists and subplots.

Does anyone think Arliss is dead?

Jamie: No fair flirting with me when there are children in the house.
Roy: Damn, kids.

• Love 1

So Dec wants to run for Mayor now instead of Knox. I don't think the pregnant side piece will be helpful to his campaign.

Unless Arliss was taken by bad guys or can secretly walk, he's probably dead. McCandless finally gets a consequence,I'm glad Violet went to Knox.

Jamie is playing both of the guys but it doesn't feel like it's on purpose so she's just stupid? Can't make up her mind? Wants whichever happens to be standing closer to her? She bugs me.

• Love 1

If Jamie were coming on to just one of the men, it wouldn't seem so annoying, but since she's making goo goo eyes with both Roy and Preston, she comes across as a player. Maybe it's not on purpose.  Maybe she's honestly conflicted,  since she still feels a connection to Preston, but she sure doesn't look conflicted, at least up to this point.   Either way, it bugs.    It would be nice if the writers tidy up that mess before the show ends.

There's something about Preston that's borderline icky.   His character just doesn't sit right.  I keep thinking that there's something not good brewing there.   Maybe the writers want it to be that way, or maybe it's because Adam Rodriquez is not a good fit for the part.

I have no idea if Arliss is dead.   When a body is missing in a plot like this one, he's probably going to show up somewhere, usually at an inopportune time.   Or maybe he is dead, and Terry had a hand in the disappearance.  Terry is dastardly enough to do that and show up at Lee Anne's door with the dog tags in order to "console" her.  Lee Anne is a pain in the butt, though, so I have little sympathy for her.

Edited by crocosmia
  • Love 1

How did Lee Anne ever pass necessary tests to be a cop in the first place? At this point she seems borderline mentally deficient. Like Barney Fife in Daisy Mae's body and wardrobe.

Assuming her IQ isn't so low that she needs to be protected, she and Terry really do deserve each other. They can have conjugal visits while he spends the rest of his life in prison.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

I don't think Jamie is playing both guys. She feels responsible to Preston (whom I agree is terribly miscast) and yet an irresistable draw to Roy, who's been there for her every need just about.  I adore Roy but that line "I'm going to make you love me," just turned me cold.  I had a guy say that to me once, as opposed to I'm going to fall in love with you - and he was the most egotistical arrogant ass on the planet. So......

I don't know, to me it just looks like she's using Roy to get a need for stability and security and roots fulfilled but feels like she can't act on it.  So, probably, Preston's gonna die.  You know it!

I dislike that blonde wife so much, there's no way them being all grandparenty makes it any better. Roy should lock them out of his house.  And....when he finds out they're going to screw his buddy who disabled himself for him - he's likely to do much more than that.  That is a line I would not cross and I'm betting there will be hell to pay when it is.

I hadn't thought about how Roy would react to Dec running for mayor against Knox. Roy has a good relationship with Dec, and has not been afraid to stand up to him on occasion. Roy and Knox are good friends, but Roy also warned Knox about the risks of running for mayor. Since Roy is a city employee, he will likely avoid taking sides in anything related to the election.

Roy likely enjoys having Dec and Barbara come to his house to spend time with his daughters since they are the only grandparents they get to see.

As for Jamie, she is drawn to both Roy and Preston, but not in a self-serving way at all. They appeal to her in different ways, but Roy definitely represents the type of stability and security that she did not have growing up. We don't really know what drew her to Preston since they were seeing each other when the show began. While both Roy and Preston have jobs that will conflict with hers, it seems that she and Roy can better understand the adversarial nature of their jobs.

Besides the question, where is Arliss?, there is also the question, where is Max? There is certainly a whole back story of Jamie's family to explore in a new season. For example, what became of her father? Jamie spoke about her mother being a drug addict, but she didn't say much about her father. We know that Max had a different father, and that he was abusive to their mother. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Max never returns.

Yes, since he was just a total plot point to get Jamie to Charleston.

Roy is a hot head - thus belonging on Reckless.  He's shown that Knox's sacrifice has been huge to him, maybe his #1 issue in life.  And that he's willing to walk away from Dec.  I think he'll make Dec regret this - as long as he puts two and two together - for the rest of his life.  Make Dec's wife look like a sugar plum fairy. 

If the whole point is to make Knox look bad and drop out of the race, then the whole rape thing has been somehow orchestrated by Dec and his "people."  And Terry will have an out as they will have been holding something over him, probably his father.

We'll know soon!

• Love 1

Say whaaa?  Wow that was all so confusing I don't even have words to describe it.  OMG - duplicity and burrying bodies?  Soapy goodness but I cannot fathom where it's going.  Sounds like LeAnne's been playing Jamie in the preview...and she just had sex with Terry 20 minutes ago?  Beyond even soap level bizarreness here.

Dec's wife is perfect for him, after all.

Dec and his wife are indeed a perfect match, partners in manipulation with the same goals.  

Jamie is schmoozing with Preston despite the fact that he's involved with the opposition in her biggest.case.ever, yet she kinda sorta puts off Roy,  who swears to make her fall in love with him after they finish saying things they don't mean in court.  But that idea makes her smile and make dreamy eyes.  

And Preston still gives me the creeps.

Lee Anne, while her hapless husband is missing in a swamp somewhere, is making time with rotten Terry, who has just thanked his good-for-nothing father for saving his pathetic life while burying a dead body in the woods and lying about the bad cash he's got hidden in a tool box.   

A plastic-sculpted schemer lies about her various medical maneuvers in order to hustle some money from her pill-popping cosmetic surgeon, who happens to be Vi's womanizing ex-husband.  

Soapy soap opera gold. 

Edited by crocosmia
  • Love 1

I'm kind of appalled that Vi had that conversation about drug use with her ex in front of the kids.

If the preview is to be believed, Roy's way of making Jamie fall in love is to literally fall on top of her in bed. I assume he waits until after the trial is over, but then we have been shown that these people are all ... reckless.

I enjoyed the small byplay between Roy and Preston in this ep -- get it all out in the open and just start butting antlers, boys.

In the unlikely event the show is renewed, not sure what the relationship between Roy and Jamie would be like if they're officially a couple. I assume there would be some kind of arc that runs through the season, like Dec's mayoral run or maybe another lawsuit against the city.

Argh. I think I did here some mention of "no lightning" by the football announcers.

ETA: I just overheard the football announcer say something about Reckless airing "next," whenever that is. I think I'll call my football fan daughter to interpret when that will be.

Edited by shapeshifter

Well, hell. To quote Suze Orman: deee-nied!

There were enough twists and fake-outs in the trial to keep my eyes bugged out but honestly? I mostly watch because Roy Rayder* is hotter than the producers want us to believe Charleston is.

I suppose I'll have to be satisfied with one season and make up the ending in my mind. Which I'll tell you outright, involves neither Preston nor Shelby.

* As distinct from Cam Gigandet, who I don't know and might or might not be attracted to were we ever to meet.  ;)

Edited by lordonia

Oh, Lordania!!  Yep, Roy Rader certainly grew on me. His almost lip touching thang.  Oh, my!

Part of me wants to shout I knew it!!! but really, I didn't.  The blonde girl is a damn good actress. I LOVED that part, but not as much as I loved Terry screwing her over - vs screwing her, period.  What was that old movie?  Body Heat.  We saw a season of Body Heat.  And I guess she shot Dec cuz 6 million just wasn't enough? 

Broke my heart that Arliss saw her choice.  Loved that Jamie tried to tell Roy. 

HATED that suddenly I was watching teenaged girls talking with no end credits - but am really glad I came here and realized it was tonite or I'd of missed it.

Thanks y'all!

• Love 1
We saw a season of Body Heat.

Ha! It was Body Heat, with all the double-crossing and sexual power struggles. McCandless is pretty scummy himself, but I agree it was satisfying to see him turn on Lee "I'm surprised it took you this long" Anne.

Poor Ronnie Porter, driven insane by his little head.

I would like to find out who shot JR -- I mean Dec -- and what happens in the tug-of-war between him and Lee Anne and Barbara and the mayoral race . Maybe Dec's ex-mistress shot him? As Sheldon Cooper would say, I can't believe they ended the series on a cliffhanger!

At least Roy told Jamie he loved her. Aw.

Thanks to everyone who made me aware of the football overtime so that I was able to record the extra hours needed to watch both episodes.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 2

I would like to find out who shot JR -- I mean Dec...

Hah! Really!

...At least Roy told Jamie he loved her. Aw.

Yes, the writers are to be commended for throwing us that bone. Okay. Not what I meant.

So Georgina Haig/Lee Anne Marcus is the offspring of Fauxlivia rather than Olivia after all (Fringe reference).

Or was she?

I think she was Olivia and Peter's daughter but I was kind of checked out during the last season of Fringe and I'm not positive. 

I didn't see the Leeann and Dec connection coming but I still don't care who shot him or have any interest in whether or not he makes it.  Other than the predictable obstacle for Jaime and Roy with Roy having to "be there" for his grieving ex-wife.

By being a crude asshole on the stand all Terry did was give Leeann sympathy points with the jury. She should be thanking him for her win.