Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Scarlett45

RuPaul’s Drag Race UK: Fierceness Across the Pond

I'm rooting for Bimini to win next week. She has been consistently good throughout the season and I like that she has stayed true to her aesthetic but still fulfilled the runway requirements.

• Like 2

Yeah I'm totally team Bimini. They struggled starting out, but they have come a long way!  I love their positive spirit and the way they don't seem to hold grudges.

Lawrence sucks. Far too insecure and unable to take criticism. I wish she'd home home. 

Tayce just bugs. Entertaining, sure, but seems to need too much attention.

Ellie - she really is a diamond. She is not the next drag superstar yet... But she will be. 

• Like 6

On 3/12/2021 at 9:49 PM, Fake Jan Brady said:

Current standings on DragRaceUk twitter -

• Team Ellie: 1748 likes, 299 retweets
  • Team Lawrence: 5192 likes, 1380 retweets
  • Team Tayce: 6884 likes, 1293 retweets
  • Team Bimini: 34300 likes, 9864 retweets

That's bananas.  Lawrence really screwed herself by being petty the last couple weeks.   I can't see how Tayce outpaces Lawrence, even though I like Tayce better.  and to think that early on everyone was sure this was Lawrence's to lose.

Well congrats to Lawrence I guess. I was rooting for Bimini but Lawrence was my second. I just thought Bimini really brought it in the back half and deserved the win. Oh well.

A pretty good season. Loads better than US which feels like it has been on for months with no end in sight. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, xander874 said:

Well congrats to Lawrence I guess. I was rooting for Bimini but Lawrence was my second. I just thought Bimini really brought it in the back half and deserved the win. Oh well.

A pretty good season. Loads better than US which feels like it has been on for months with no end in sight. 

Agree on all points.  

1 hour ago, xander874 said:

Yeah, I hear ya. I would’ve been happy with any of the UK queens (something I can’t say about the US version). I finally came around to Bimini after her performance in the Snatch Game and subsequent challenges. I’m kinda figuring this is like Season 1: The Vivienne was the official winner, but most people remember Baga Chips. 

• Like 1

I didn't think Lawrence deserved to win after her performances this week. Her performance in the group challenge was fine but she made visible mistakes. Her LSFYL was fine but not great. Same goes for her final runway look. I thought both Bimini and Tayce were better than Lawrence in all three areas.

• Like 6

what. just. happened.

I was already a bit upset when Ellie didn't make it to the top three. I agree she wasn't ready for the crown but I would've FOR SURE put her above LC. Tayce and Bimini were the only true contenders for the crown, and I wouldn't have cared who won between them two, I love them both. But Lawrence Cheney?! Why? Well I guess Ru has been enamoured with her since day one, set her heart on it and refused to see anything that happened afterwards. I hope this doesn't mean we're (slowly, very slowly) heading for a Kandy win in the US race. 

Other than that, I loved this season and the fact it was so drama free the best thing they could fabricate was the endless commotion about the performance order in the comedy challenge (really, A'whora? Still?) I'm glad Michelle Visage reassured Ellie about it during their talk. 

• Like 2

A good winner and a great season. But I am a bit stunned that Bimini did not win. I guess Lawrence is an easier sell for fronting whatever this WOW show is that supposedly goes with the win, or something.

I hope they all do well out of their appearances on this season. Highlight of the freaking pandemic!

• Like 2

I read an interesting comment on Reddit that WOW/Ru may have preferred Lawrence as the winner, as it looks like in lockdown the London queens had the opportunity to work which enabled them to "improve" on some of their looks they had prepared.  They speculated that was one reason why some of Biminis pre-lockdown were rougher.  Just food for thought!

I thought they were all deserving, but that edit was really pointing toward Bimini! I was shocked. I always feel like the runners-up are the real winners, though. They get to go on All-Stars, they're not bound into a contract and all that. I'm hoping for a US vs UK vs Canada season!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, molotovcupcake said:

I thought they were all deserving, but that edit was really pointing toward Bimini! I was shocked. I always feel like the runners-up are the real winners, though. They get to go on All-Stars, they're not bound into a contract and all that. I'm hoping for a US vs UK vs Canada season!

I'm trying to look at it that way too. And since the UK winner doesn't get the $100K cash prize like on Drag Race in the US, they're not REALLY losing out on much. I know it's still a point of pride to win just on principal but hopefully Bimini and Tayce realize that all they missed was a WOW produced web series. They won loads of fans so hopefully that makes up for the disappointment of not getting the title.

So how many seasons of DRUK before we get an All Stars season?

• Like 1

Every episode, I tried to figure out who Tia Khaffi reminded me of. It finally came to me tonight. The character Cheyenne on Superstore, played by Nichole Sakura

• Like 1

Loved the finale. Loved the top 3. As a Lawrence, happy that a Lawrence won, but any of them could have taken it and I'd have been satisfied. Can't wait to see Tayce and/or Tia on international all stars some day. It's crazy to watch this after the dumpster fire of the US version. 

• Like 1

Not mad that Lawrence won - but thought that Bimini had it in the bag. Oh well. It was a fun episode and great to see the returning queens. 

Somehow I don't think an All Stars is too far off but I'm thinking it's going to be an international All Stars once the pandemic eases off with UK, Canada, Holland, Down Under - not sure about Spain and Thailand due to the language barriers but we'll see

I'm beyond pissed. Damn it Ru - why ya gotta do me this way.

Bimini had it all, confidence, poise, comedy, stretchy bits, maturity... 

Lawrence who?

• Like 3

You knew that Lawerence was going to win when they focused on him so much.  He can’t dance, he was bullied. What little like I had for Lawerence vanished when he went after Ellie so hard. Bimini’s transformation was amazing and she should have won.

• Like 7

Bimini said that she was lost in drugs once upon a time...

Completely unfair, of course, but maybe a red flag for the producers?

Ru can't let a cash cow go unmilked so there's the original version of UK, Hun? with Lawrence Chaney, A'Whora, Tayce, and Bimini Bon Boulash:

A few weeks ago, this version of the song was released with the S1 Frock Destroyers and S2 Lawrence Cheney:

There's also a video of Lawrence and the FD doing choreography for the song:

And in case you missed it, Her Majesty by the Frock Destroyers