Type keyword(s) to search

S02:E02: Return of the Masks:

• Start Topic

Is it me or are these opening shows going on way too long? I get that they want to drag out the suspense, but one of the cool parts of the first season was I thought we got to know and hear a number of different performances from the same modest group every week. The Masked Singer seems like it's adopting more of a Survivor/Masterchef format (i.e., a huge bunch of people, with only a few you'll remember until the numbers thin out enough) versus an American Idol format (where they cull down to the top singers fairly quickly). Since it's people in goofy costumes, it's even weirder. I guess I don't see the point in stretching out the "intro" episodes three weeks, it makes the show weaker. Next week, I'm supposed to remember people who sung three weeks ago?

• Love 2

I don't think everyone sang every episode last season either?  But there was usually only a one week gap.  I think there are more contestants this season - 16 vs 12, right?  But FOX still should have had a 2-hour episode last week as well to introduce all the contestants in the first two weeks.  

• Love 4
10 hours ago, meggonzo said:

I don't think everyone sang every episode last season either?  But there was usually only a one week gap.  I think there are more contestants this season - 16 vs 12, right?  

Correct and correct. Last year started off in alternating groups of 6, with a “tribal merge” at the final 6 singers. And there are 4 extra singers this season, but only three more hours of tv - so likely we will have an extra double elimination, or a Final Four setup.

I am sticking with my one “most likely to be correct” guess so far - Leopard is Jim Carrey. He’s great at masking his voice, but that left hand will always have a mind of its own.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, meggonzo said:

Would Jim go on this show knowing that Jenny is one of the "judges"?  I'm not sure if they are on good terms or not.

They reportedly had an amicable split and remain friends.

• Love 2

Once leopard sang and we knew it was a man's voice, and african american, it reminded me of Eddie Murphy. The "british" accent and falsetto speaking voice are red herrings. Eddie hasn't been doing much lately, is he too big a star to do this? Did he have a downfall?

• Useful 1
11 minutes ago, andipandi said:

Once leopard sang and we knew it was a man's voice, and african american, it reminded me of Eddie Murphy. The "british" accent and falsetto speaking voice are red herrings. Eddie hasn't been doing much lately, is he too big a star to do this? Did he have a downfall?

He just released a Netflix movie and is making sequels to Coming to America and Beverly Hills Cop. 

On 10/4/2019 at 5:00 PM, Fallacy said:

It’s not RuPaul. He never sings live. I think it’s either Billy Porter or Seal, but I’m leaning heavily towards Seal. He’s got a very specific sound. The costuming  makes me think Billy Porter, but the voice is Seal. 

I think Black Widow is Amber Riley, and the dog is Chris Daughtry. 

The leopard sounds likes Seal but I don't think it's seal.  Does RuPaul sound like seal? Because the leopard sure does act like I think RuPaul would act.  The leopard is definitely a perplexing one. 

On 10/7/2019 at 6:40 PM, BoogieBurns said:

Black Widow is Raven Symone. No doubt in my mind.

Love the suggestion of Ms Jay for Leopard. If people never watched America's Next Top Model, they'd know him from memes and gifs galore!

For some reason I was thinking the lady bug is Raven so it's interesting that another contestant popped up that is more likely her.  However I thought Raven had a really great voice but I recall not being that impressed with the Black Widow? Unless I'm not remembering correctly.  And I don't think it's Amber Riley - the black widow seemed to have more of a famous history and Amber Riley is only famous from Glee, right?