Type keyword(s) to search

S02:E02: Return of the Masks:

• Start Topic

I think Billy Porter is too big of a star to be the  Leopard. Also, is he even that tall?    My pick is RuPaul.  Especially with his Divine comment.  It could be a hint about drag. Or maybe it's John Water's. He's tall and campy enough to pull it off.  That would be fantastic!

• Love 5
Just now, kelslamu said:

I called Ru Paul for leopard at the beginning of the show. lol   I know I'll be wrong, though.  

My first guess was Ru Paul. My other guess, but I don't think he would do this show, is Wesley Snipes.  Right now, I think leopard is Ru Paul. 

i was thinking Rachel Ray for the panda, but I thought the panda was too tall. 

• Love 2

While part of me the leopard can be Ru Paul or Billy Porter, the part of being a heavy hitter throws me off.  Ru had a few early hits but can't say the same about Billy, who's a Broadway actor first.  

For some reason I feel it's someone completely different.  Like Seal.  Had some early hits.  Not sure if his wardrobe was a big talker but his marriage to Heidi Klum was.

When Robin said Laila Ali, I knew he was right.  There was a long pause of a shot of a bee in her package.  Plus she has a pretty distinct speaking pattern. 

• Love 1

Ok. Just  throwing this out there. The leopard could be Dominique Jackson, a trans woman, who plays Electra Abundance  on Pose.  On Fx , a Fox network. .  She is very tall. Voice kind of deep, and sounds affected, arrogant.  Notice the British accent?  She's also not a very good singer.   Anyway, a long shot. 

No clue on who the others are, but black widow seems to have a big  bust.

• Love 3

I don't think Wesley Snipes would do it either but...he did play a drag queen in To Wong Foo...and would they get clever enough to acknowledge that Michael Sheen played a character on 30 Rock named Wesley Snipes? (Wesley Snipes: "There's only one Wesley Snipes!" Liz Lemon: "You know that's not true.")  And Michael Sheen is British. 

I am now over thinking this show way too much!

5 minutes ago, LizDC said:

I think Sherri Shepherd was a good guess for the Black Widow, don't remember which judge suggested that. 

I posted this in the live thread, but I’ll post my guess here too. I think the Black widow is Raven Symone. 

* She had a recurring role on Empire - building her empire clue

* She starred in a comedy called State of Georgia which is referenced in the peach clue

*She mentioned being pre-packaged which references her beginnings as a child star being both an actress and singer for Disney

*She also has a larger chest and even had to have breast reduction when she was a teenager 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, Angeleyes said:

I posted this in the live thread, but I’ll post my guess here too. I think the Black widow is Raven Symone. 

* She had a recurring role on Empire - building her empire clue

* She starred in a comedy called State of Georgia which is referenced in the peach clue

*She mentioned being pre-packaged which references her beginnings as a child star being both an actress and singer for Disney

*She also has a larger chest and even had to have breast reduction when she was a teenager 

I just posted the same thing in the clue discussion. There was also a crystal ball and a reference to it being her house which point to her Disney shows. 

Does Ken get paid extra to say really dumb guesses? Queen Latifah is the worst guess of the season so far. I can’t believe I’m typing this but Jenny is right about Ken getting his but kicked for guessing the Panda, who was so obviously not a singer, was Queen Latifah.

The costumes are amazing this season. The leopard had so much detail. I hope the show wins an Emmy for the costumes.

• Love 3

There were a lot of written clues in the Leopards clue video.

J’adore and a clock pointed to 9 on the wall.

1st newspaper headline - Crazy Game Ends with win for the Leopard dated 20 April 2015. 

2nd - Out Of Hits and Out of Time

3rd - THE RUNAWAY

Some people guessed Adrienne Bailon for the flamingo, but I didn't think it sounded like her. Granted I haven't heard her sing since the Cheetah girl days of the early 2000s but...ha. it just didn't sound like her to me. I also wasn't that impressed with the black widow like the judges were. She was good but wasn't amazing to me, especially with that song. And I could barely hear the leopard's singing. Everything was so loud. 

• Love 1

I said Ru Paul for the Leopard right from the beginning.  Tall, sounded African american, cross dresser.  Plus it just sounds like him!

Black Widow can sing well.  Sherri Shepherd was a good guess but I’d get such a kick out of it being Gladys Knight in a second chance.  

Flamingo, no idea.  

I would rather Leopard have gone home over Panda but partly because I want to know who Leopard is and also because I loved the panda’s costume

Every time people guess an identity I say, "who?"  and have to Google it.  None of these people ring any bells with me.  Last year was great because of Gladys Knight.  She is so exceptional to listen to, even if she wasn't really masking anything.  I'm hoping someone in the mix is a really incredible singer because I'm already not watching anymore for the reveals.  A few of the performances have been good so I'll watch for performances.

Leopard has a much huskier voice than RuPaul.  But it's another one where the reveal will probably leave me Googling to find out if I should care.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

I think Billy Porter is too big of a star to be the  Leopard. Also, is he even that tall?    My pick is RuPaul.  Especially with his Divine comment.  It could be a hint about drag. Or maybe it's John Water's. He's tall and campy enough to pull it off.  That would be fantastic!

It's not Billy Porter. Not only is he too big a star to be on this show, but also there are videos on Youtube of Billy Porter singing live, and he doesn't sound like the Leopard.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, mtlchick said:

When Robin said Laila Ali, I knew he was right.  There was a long pause of a shot of a bee in her package.  Plus she has a pretty distinct speaking pattern. 

Same. I was surprised he backed away from it. Him saying it helped me figure out the connection between the clue "first family of the forest" and the Rumble in the Jungle.

The Leopard might be RuPaul. I don't think RuPaul sounds that good but they do sweeten some of the voices. It's just hard to make the clues line up. And I have no clue for the Flamingo or the Black Widow. Honestly, I don't mind letting the internet play detective. I just like looking at the crazy performances.

• Love 3

While part of me the leopard can be Ru Paul or Billy Porter, the part of being a heavy hitter throws me off.  Ru had a few early hits but can't say the same about Billy, who's a Broadway actor first.  

For some reason I feel it's someone completely different.  Like Seal.  Had some early hits.  Not sure if his wardrobe was a big talker but his marriage to Heidi Klum was.

Seal was my first thought too as soon as Leopard started singing!!! WIth Leopard I knew instantly it was a guy and was surprised the judges were all focused on him being a woman.  Seal had some major hits and then really is just known as Heidi Klum's ex at this point. But I am not sure Seal would be as hilariously in character so I think the Jamie Foxx is actually a good guess. I also thought RuPaul but the clues seem more focused on someone a bit out of the spotlight for career lately which RuPaul is not. Also, Nick Cannon made some side comment as Leopard left the stage after the first song and said "Kiss from a Leopard" and all I thought was is that another clue?!! Kiss from a Rose? 

Loved that it was Laila Ali. I actually thought it was a daughter of a famous wrestler or boxer and was trying to think of ones during the package and thought the bee might mean something more in the video (float like a butterfly, sting like a bee) and then Thicke randomly mentioned her but jokingly and I was all wait- actually - thinking she would be an amazing get! So happy it actually was her! 

Black Widow - I like the guess of Raven Simone! I also agree that glee's amber is a good guess. Her size definitely is unique. Before she sung I wondered if she was a gymnast but then her voice was way too impressive! 

Flamingo - definitely no clue - seems to be a performer - definitely has the strut and thought a girl band member is a good guess

Edited by slaterain
  • Love 1

Adrienne Bailon has a lifestyle channel on YouTube. 

All Things Adrienne

She has singing experience from the Cheetah Girls and 3LW

Her favorite color is pink (her Christmas tree was rose gold last year)

Someone else mentioned that this season was filmed back in July so she would have been on hiatus from The Real at that time 

Also, she sang on her husband’s song Secrets from his album Road to DeMaskUs

Compare with Flamingo’s performance last night. 

Flamingo singing Sucker

Edited by Angeleyes
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

They also showed a quick shot of her and Nick onstage, and she appeared to be frozen in place, when she had previously been moving around, making little "maybe, maybe not" gestures, etc.  While we of course couldn't see her face, her body language said, "Oh shit, I've been made!" so I thought Robin was onto something.  When she started to sing, I was 100% onboard.

• Love 2

Seal was actually my first thought too, but I dismissed it because I thought there was no way he'd do the show. But since other people are guessing him too, I'll say it was my thought too. 

Ru Paul seems too obvious and I have no idea who Billy Porter is. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, vibeology said:

Same. I was surprised he backed away from it.

Me three! As soon as he said Lalia Ali, I knew it was her. All the clues fit! I don't think I would've gotten it on my own, though.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I figured out Laila Ali from just the clues clip, which has never happened for me. And, because of the false confidence that has given me, I feel okay going out on a limb and saying I think the Leopard might be Boy George.  

That's a fun guess! I could see that!!!

3 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I figured out Laila Ali from just the clues clip, which has never happened for me. And, because of the false confidence that has given me, I feel okay going out on a limb and saying I think the Leopard might be Boy George.  

I was thinking possibly Boy George as well, given the English and the fact that he's a man wearing a dress.  But it really doesn't sound like him at all.  Boy George's voice is higher pitched than the Leopard's.  The timbre is all wrong.

The more I listen to him again, I do agree that it sounds like Jamie Foxx.  He's got that theatrical quality as well.  Watch some of his Musical Impressions segments on Jimmy Fallon.  I swear Leopard sounds just like him.

I thought the leopard might be Dennis Rodman, but I wasn't paying much attention to the package, so I don't know if the clues fit. 

I wish some of the hosts would calm down a bit, it would be less irritating to watch.

• Love 6

I'm going with Dennis Rodman for the leopard. As for the flamingo...I'm still not sure. 

1 hour ago, greyflannel said:

I thought the leopard might be Dennis Rodman, but I wasn't paying much attention to the package, so I don't know if the clues fit. 

I wish some of the hosts would calm down a bit, it would be less irritating to watch.

They do fit. 

- his "relationships" (he's supposedly friends with Kim Jong Ung)

- he used to be known for his skills but now he's known for scandals (used to be a basketball star but now gets written up for his travels to North Korea)

- what he wears (he's known for dying his hair various colors and dressing like a woman at times)

Rodman DOES sing. He was on a country music reality show a long time ago. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

There was a time a few years ago Laila Ali was appearing on just about every reality show out  there (per IMDB, 107 appearances as herself). Her job has been 'reality tv star' far more than boxer for a while now. I thought she stopped after having her first kid but it seems she's back.

Which means we'll probably be seeing the other reality tv fixture Carnie Wilson showing up one season.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, librarianbeck said:

The leopard singing sounded just like Kenan Thompson, though neither the looks nor the clues fit.

Yes!! That's exactly what I thought when I heard him, he sings enough on SNL that I know what his voice sounds like, and to me it sounds just like Leopard. 

Too bad absolutely none of the clues fit so I'm pretty sure it's not him.

• Love 3

Well, I inadvertently got spoiled as to which character got the boot, but not who it was, so at least I was kind of surprised at the reveal, even though I knew it would be a fighter from the "clues".

My main takeaways from this show are that both Leopard and Ken are annoying.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, greyflannel said:

I wish KEN (and to a lesser extent, Jenny) would calm down a bit, it would be less irritating to watch.

FTFY.  He's so irritating this season, way more so than last season.  Relies on the same jokes over and over.  The "pun police", being a "height expert", etc.

He said "Queen Latifah isn't known for her singing".  What?  Maybe he just considers her an actress?  She was a rapper/singer before she was an actress.  Jenny took umbrage with this comment, I wish she should have said "you mean like how Ken Jeong isn't known for his acting?"

• Love 7

The guesses on this show are beyond irritating, especially from Ken and Jenny. I still think people are way over estimating the popularity of this show and how big of a star it can attract. The first two unmaskings have revealed just that.

Only guess I have is for the Leopard. RuPaul is too obvious so I'm thinking it is actually Miss J (Alexander Jenkins) from America's Next Top Model. He is also 6'5".

That was a pretty cool final pose from the black widow. The costumes continue to impress....except for Panda. WTH was that? Looked so cheaply done compared to the others we have seen.

• Love 1
On 10/3/2019 at 10:41 AM, Angeleyes said:

For those wondering about Billy Porter, he currently stars in Pose on FX and he was in Kinky Boots on Broadway 

Billy Porter singing Sex is in the Heel from Kinky Boots

Compare to the Leopard singing last night

Leopard singing Somebody to Love

Compare to RuPaul Mighty Love

It’s not RuPaul. He never sings live. I think it’s either Billy Porter or Seal, but I’m leaning heavily towards Seal. He’s got a very specific sound. The costuming  makes me think Billy Porter, but the voice is Seal. 

I think Black Widow is Amber Riley, and the dog is Chris Daughtry. 

Edited by Fallacy
1 hour ago, crazyirishlady said:

When the flamingo started I immediately said Kandi Burruss.  Glad Robin Thicke initially agreed with me.  It just sounded like her...then when she said Xcape...the name of her group from the 90’s...it sealed it for me.

And she does use every chance to report herself.

On 10/3/2019 at 9:19 PM, mamadrama said:

Rodman DOES sing. He was on a country music reality show a long time ago. 

I remember that one;  Dee Snider and Carnie Wilson were on it too.

16 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

According to my guide, next week's episode will have six celebrities taking the stage for their second performance.

6 hours ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

Sounds about right. That's what they did last season, isn't it?

I think it will be the last 4 celebrities that still haven't sang yet - Eagle, Fox, Flower, and Penguin.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, meggonzo said:

I think it will be the last 4 celebrities that still haven't sang yet - Eagle, Fox, Flower, and Penguin.

That's this week.  Next week will be a group of 6, because we'll be down to 12 singers. Likely they'll pair groups A and B together.

• Love 1