Type keyword(s) to search

S45.E01: Woody Harrelson/Billie Eilish

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Mystery said:

Was that a misplaced cow sound effect that gave Aidy the giggles in the apple farm sketch? Her eyes got really big. 

2 hours ago, helenamonster said:

I think the donkey from the petting zoo brayed unexpectedly and threw them off.

Yup. I thought someone had hit an audio file too soon, but then we see that there's a real donkey there. Cute little donkey.

6 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I thought Chloe Fineman was fantastic as Marianne Williamson

Me too. She made a great first impression.

I enjoyed seeing everyone as various candidates. I thought each did pretty good. Cory Booker might be my favorite. Woody did pretty good as Biden. Those teeth were spot-on.

The Cold Open underwhelmed me, though it's always good to see Cecily's Jeanine Pirro. And the Trump sons! Alex's confused Eric expression always cracks me up.

I think in the Cheetoh sketch the dust should have been much more orange, more dayglo. And everyone needed much more on them.

I didn't see what the wardrobe screwup was in the Inside the Beltway sketch. Before the woman came on to tug on Aidy's sleeve, Kenan seemed distracted by something for several seconds. Didn't Aidy have on the correct outfit at that moment?

The apple picking sketch was good. I also liked Kyle's music video.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

I didn't see what the wardrobe screwup was in the Inside the Beltway sketch. Before the woman came on to tug on Aidy's sleeve, Kenan seemed distracted by something for several seconds. Didn't Aidy have on the correct outfit at that moment?

They were still in the 2016 flashback at that point, so the fuchsia top was right. I think the woman just took the wrong cue and came out a line or two before she should have. The only wardrobe issue I noticed was that Woody started out with a tie in the present, took it off for the flashback to May, and didn't have it back on when they returned to the present.

Edited by SomeTameGazelle
  • Love 4

I'm must be getting really old. Before I saw a commercial for SNL last Wednesday, I had never heard of Billie Eilish. But I always like to see a new ( to me) singer, with an exception for most rappers. But I thought she was terrible, and I couldn't understand a word of what she as saying, and her voice was just so-so. For that matter, even with the CC on, it still didn't make a lot of sense !

I do think the show is getting a bit stale. First show of the season,  you'd think the writers would have tons of new ideas, and then a skit like the largest Cheeto comes on, and I'm like  ??? It was kind of funny, but so lacking for imagination. Oh, well. As I said, old-- they aren't really writing for me anyway !

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, willco said:

I'm must be getting really old. Before I saw a commercial for SNL last Wednesday, I had never heard of Billie Eilish.

I said, why is that guy who interviews people on the streets being the musical guest.  My kid looked at me funny.

• LOL 10

People keep blaming the wardrobe assistant as if she missed her cue. It wasn't her, it was the director in the booth who had the wrong camera live. It was supposed to be a tight shot on Woody and Kenan who was saying his last lines. They were changing outfits for those that weren't on camera ahead of the graphic bumper. 

It did save that sketch though. 

Really like Billie Eilish so that was a nice performance to watch. Glad they showed the gimbal at the end. She sure has blown up this summer.

The apple picking was the best sketch and sadly put at the end.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, lynxfx said:

People keep blaming the wardrobe assistant as if she missed her cue. It wasn't her, it was the director in the booth who had the wrong camera live. It was supposed to be a tight shot on Woody and Kenan who was saying his last lines. They were changing outfits for those that weren't on camera ahead of the graphic bumper.

It was probably a mixture of both. Aidy clearly knew that she was on camera, so there must've been a tally light or something on the active camera that the wardrobe lady didn't see. But there was also clearly something wonky going on with the shot choices in that flashback, since they never showed Cecily or Woody before they started delivering their lines, instead keeping tight on Kenan even though he was just listening to them talk -- and then cutting to the wide shot just as he was about to deliver the punchline.

My guess is that the director had to change the camera sequence on the fly because of some other quick-change issues that took place off-screen -- say, Cecily and/or Woody weren't camera-ready in time for their close-ups, so the director made the call to stay on Kenan instead? -- and the wardrobe lady didn't manage to keep up with the sudden, counterintuitive changes.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

This was a great premiere. I loved the DNC Town Hall the best, it's nice to see the impersonations. I imagine they will stick with Larry and Maya for the duration of this primary, but I wonder if they'll be bringing back Woody as Biden later on, or if they're going to switch back to Jason Sudeikis, or get one of the regulars. 

At first I was surprised that SNL was treating Harris as a frontrunner, but I imagine they want to get as much mileage with having Maya there. So it came at the expense of Kate as Warren. But since Kate is a regular, I'm sure they would have a lot more going for her in the future episodes. 

33 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

At first I was surprised that SNL was treating Harris as a frontrunner, but I imagine they want to get as much mileage with having Maya there. So it came at the expense of Kate as Warren. But since Kate is a regular, I'm sure they would have a lot more going for her in the future episodes. 

Yeah, that was my thought, too.  They just wanted Maya there even though Harris isn't in the "frontrunner" group.

6 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

This was a great premiere. I loved the DNC Town Hall the best, it's nice to see the impersonations. I imagine they will stick with Larry and Maya for the duration of this primary, but I wonder if they'll be bringing back Woody as Biden later on, or if they're going to switch back to Jason Sudeikis, or get one of the regulars. 

I'm completely confused as to where they'll take Biden. Would Sudeikis want to keep coming back, and Woody just got the role because he was host, or does he not want to come back and this was their way of having viewers get used to someone else in the role? I can't see Woody wanting to return over and over. This version of Biden also felt much more harshly written than the Sudeikis version, as he always played him as relentlessly upbeat. So I wonder if this was a one-off or a sign of a new take.

I know some Bernie fans were upset with the writing for him but I felt like it was mostly just the usual shtick with Bernie. I wonder how much Larry David would want to keep returning - it was interesting to me that he returned on a week Pete Davidson was not there, considering everything that happened with Pete breaking up with his daughter a few years ago. 

I do feel like they were taking advantage of a Kamala impression while they still had time. She's polling worse than Buttigieg, but no one really cares about who will play him, whereas people have been talking about Maya for months. This was their best chance and Maya more than stepped up to the plate (and I love that she added a little of Bill Hader's Keith Morrison impression). 

I'm not sure what to say about Kate's Warren. I've never felt like it is a very lived-in impression - it's just a few generic moments strung together. They barely used her this time. I'm torn between thinking there's just nothing to make fun of her for (SNL can't use the Native American controversy because of their own history with racism), and wondering if Kate McKinnon likely being in her last season means they are trying to phase her out and will give Warren to another cast member (like Chloe) if she gets the nomination. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Dev F said:

My guess is that the director had to change the camera sequence on the fly because of some other quick-change issues that took place off-screen -- say, Cecily and/or Woody weren't camera-ready in time for their close-ups, so the director made the call to stay on Kenan instead? -- and the wardrobe lady didn't manage to keep up with the sudden, counterintuitive changes.

If that's the case, it seems like a minor miracle it doesn't happen much more frequently.  It's shows  how hard it is to get the timing right on this show and why they are glued to the cue cards.

2 hours ago, Pete Martell said:

I know some Bernie fans were upset with the writing for him but I felt like it was mostly just the usual shtick with Bernie.

I was waiting for some version of "I wrote the damn bill!"as that line has gotten so much play.

2 hours ago, Pete Martell said:

I wonder how much Larry David would want to keep returning - it was interesting to me that he returned on a week Pete Davidson was not there, considering everything that happened with Pete breaking up with his daughter a few years ago. 

Yeah that's what I meant about people joking on twitter that Pete was nowhere to be found because Larry was in the building.

Maya should be around for awhile.  i thought she was one of the very best parts of the episode. I do wonder what they do about Biden. Before last night, I thought Sudeikis would be back. Now I rather doubt it.

It looked to me like Chloe and Bowen were expecting a shoutout in the goodbyes, but woody went off on his script. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Dev F said:

It was probably a mixture of both. Aidy clearly knew that she was on camera, so there must've been a tally light or something on the active camera that the wardrobe lady didn't see. But there was also clearly something wonky going on with the shot choices in that flashback, since they never showed Cecily or Woody before they started delivering their lines, instead keeping tight on Kenan even though he was just listening to them talk -- and then cutting to the wide shot just as he was about to deliver the punchline.

That was something else. SNL is known for mistakes since the beginning. I don't know why Lorne hates those. They were prevalent even during the original cast of 1975.

I never noticed this before, but Billie Eilish looks a like Scarlett Johansson when she smiles.  Probably never noticed it because I've never seen her smile before.

I liked her music but I don't know what kind of fashion that was she was wearing.  A lot of people don't like the Halloween type hair colors but I don't mind it.  I kind of liked the green hair.

• Love 2
On 9/29/2019 at 8:45 AM, Darian said:

I'm old and happily uncool. Fine with not knowing the newest bands and artists and half the time, I skip the musical guests. I had a vague awareness of a Billie Eilish, but I enjoyed both performances so much. 

Pretty good show. Woody always amuses me, and the cast had a good night. 

I'm one of those people who count down to pumpkin/pumpkin spice season and loves fall a ridiculous amount. I live in Massachusetts near enough to those apple orchards that have farmstands and apple picking, and the whole hayride/petting zoo/country store experience. I go for the cider donuts, but I loved that skit so much. 

Loved Woody's t-shirt at the close. Was watching Larry David, who is surrounded by smiling, hugging, cheering people, right out front, looking bored. I thought he was still in character and waited to see if he'd so much as smile. Maybe? Could have been a grimace. I'm a cheeseball, so I love the hugging and camraderie at the end and he was just a wet rag.  

This is the very reason I LOVE Larry David.  He doesn't give a shit...he's himself 100% of the time.  Larry's not a hugger.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, rmontro said:

I liked her music but I don't know what kind of fashion that was she was wearing.  A lot of people don't like the Halloween type hair colors but I don't mind it.  I kind of liked the green hair.

I've read that she purposely wears baggy clothing to mitigate dealing with idiots that body shame people.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, grawlix said:

I've read that she purposely wears baggy clothing to mitigate dealing with idiots that body shame people

I didn’t know that, but suspected. She doesn't glam up or pose or smile or go along with any of the other Hollywood/music industry game women tend to conform to, and I've always appreciated that about her. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, rmontro said:

I never noticed this before, but Billie Eilish looks a like Scarlett Johansson when she smiles.  Probably never noticed it because I've never seen her smile before.

She reminds me of Emily Blunt with like a dash of Lady Gaga and at least one other person...you might be onto something with this Scarlett Johansson thing.

4 hours ago, grawlix said:

I've read that she purposely wears baggy clothing to mitigate dealing with idiots that body shame people.

Apparently it's also to keep people from sexualizing her. The German edition of Nylon magazine used a photoshopped picture of her for their cover where she appears to be topless (you don't see anything inappropriate but her shoulders and sternum are bare, implying it) without her consent, and she reminded them that she's still a teenager and it's really creepy. So I think she keeps herself covered up so if that ever happens again, she can point out that she's never dressed (or undressed) like that.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, helenamonster said:

she's still a teenager and it's really creepy. 

I didn't realize she was that young.  Google reveals she is 17.  Seems like she's been around awhile.  Most pictures and videos I've seen of her, she looks stoned.  I think she's trying to project apathy.

Glad to hear she's trying to avoid the sleazy image so many young female artists have.  Give it time though, look what happened to Miley Cyrus!

• LOL 2

Not that anyone was desperate to know, but I realized I never gave any real thoughts on how I felt about the premiere. 

I had no real expectations, which may have been for the best. I thought Woody was a great host - smooth, confident, and capable. He was the best part of the apple picking sketch for me, as it felt very sloppy for the most part (I didn't dislike it, I just wish it had been tightened up). He was also great in the Dad film. I'm surprised that Kyle's film wasn't cut, it being Kyle, but it was one of my favorite parts of the show. Will Stephen, who co-wrote "Holes" for Beck and Kyle in Adam Sandler's show, also co-wrote this. They share that same intentionally dead feeling, but I thought this was better-paced and had a story to hook into - that Kyle's father just never would care and that Kyle was perpetually pathetic, even in his own fantasies (the attempt at breakdancing before he almost immediately gave up was hilarious to me). This was a knockoff of a Saved by the Bell episode, but that makes it all the better for me. 

I liked the idea of the Downton Abbey film - I wish they'd trusted themselves a little more and not gone for the lazy Joker ending. Bowen and Chloe were great in this - Chloe looked like she could have been a cast member on the show. Luminous. Also nice to see poor Beck in his only role of the night aside from Pence.

I didn't seriously dislike anything, maybe aside from the cold open (at least they also gave me Liev Schreiber, as compensation), but I felt like a number of sketches were two or three different ideas dumped into one piece. There were others where I wondered if the writers sensed they'd gone to the well too many times and were trying a different tone (the Cheeto sketch was much more somber than most of these wacky news sketches written by Mikey Day and Streeter Seidel are). There was a certain consistent energy level through the night, which was nice, but it was a strange type of energy for me - hard to explain. 

I think part of my feeling is down to how long some of this cast has stayed. I like everyone in the cast (although I wish Pete had left - to be honest I'm glad he wasn't in the premiere), but the current cast is so staggered. 

Kenan 

Kate/Cecily/Aidy (Kate only came in a few months earlier)

Beck/Kyle 

Pete 

Alex/Melissa/Mikey

Chris/Heidi

Ego

Bowen/Chloe 

The amount of years some of the more long-running people have been there and the amount of focus they get serves to choke the potential out of newer cast members. Am I saying I'd rather see an episode full of Melissa than Cecily, Aidy or Kate? Or of Pete than Kenan? No. And I think that we are probably in the last seasons of some or all of Pete, Beck, Kyle, Kenan, Kate, Aidy and Cecily, so I understand why some of them would be getting focus (mostly talking about the last four in this premiere). I just think cast chemistry and energy levels suffer with such a dislocated feel. I hope this isn't going to go on all season, because I don't know why they'd even keep Ego on if the premiere is any indication. I see how energetic Bowen and Chloe were and how good they made the moments they had, and I just end up wondering if they'll be a sign of the changing of the guard or if they'll just end up being part of the furniture the way some of the other mid-table cast members feel. 

I don't follow Billie Eilish that much but I liked her second performance. It felt like a throwback to 30-40 years ago for the show to have such a plaintive, lengthy ballad on. 

Anyway, here is the Creating SNL for Billie's first performance. 

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

I am old and had never heard of Billie Eilish.  Forgot about SNL and started the show with her first performance.  Liked the gimmick but didn't know what she was singing/saying.  The second song was better; I caught a few words.  Liked her multi-colored hair.  Like the fact that she dresses to de-sexualize.  Her voice was so "wispy" though.  I don't understand the appeal of wispy/weak voices (Janet Jackson).   Watched one of her videos and her voice sounded stronger there, so that is encouraging.  She is pretty and does remind me of Scarlett Johansen (sp?) when she smiles.

• Love 2

Highlight of the entire episode for me was Jost asking Big Papi,"How was your summer?"

Big Papi: "BAD!"

On 9/29/2019 at 1:14 AM, Galileo908 said:

Billie Ellish is the first SNL guest born after 9/11. If THAT doesn't make you feel old, nothing will.

That partially explained why I didn't know who she was. The rest of it is because I very rarely listen to current pop music.

Having said that, I was fast forwarding through her first performance when I saw what she was doing, thought to myself, "This looks interesting" and went back to the start to watch it.

I freaking loved it. Insanely catchy tune, fun performance by a person very early in her career, and it struck me as the kind of thing that if she's still at it 30 years from now, people who aren't even born yet are going to watch and think "look how young she was!" 

Also, I went to Spotify this morning to grab Bad Guy for one of my playlists and discovered that I was 846,951,231 in line to play that song. Talk about being a day late and a dollar short with this "new" thing for me.

• Love 5

Bad Guy is a good song, and I like that Billie seems to be the anti-pop princess (ironic Taylor Swift is on next week). Bury a Friend is good too and I was hoping to hear it on Saturday.

• Love 1

Good to find out here about what went down during Inside the Beltway.  Had first thought the unknown woman on set was a crazed Aidy fan who crashed the set to try to meet her.

On 9/29/2019 at 3:01 PM, willco said:

I'm must be getting really old. Before I saw a commercial for SNL last Wednesday, I had never heard of Billie Eilish. But I always like to see a new ( to me) singer, with an exception for most rappers. But I thought she was terrible, and I couldn't understand a word of what she as saying, and her voice was just so-so. For that matter, even with the CC on, it still didn't make a lot of sense !

I do think the show is getting a bit stale. First show of the season,  you'd think the writers would have tons of new ideas, and then a skit like the largest Cheeto comes on, and I'm like  ??? It was kind of funny, but so lacking for imagination. Oh, well. As I said, old-- they aren't really writing for me anyway !

I don't hate the song, but her dancing??  With the little kicks?  Is that how people dance now?

Yeah I was disappointed to realize that Biggest Cheeto was the "first sketch," which is usually the best.  It was ok but not great.  What happened to all of the cutting edge humor SNL used to be known for?  I thought they get young people to bring some fresh humor.

22 hours ago, Mystery said:

Oh my stars this was Chrissy Teigan this Saturday writing to her friends about apple picking before the show was on:

Can we get a Chrissy Tiegen warning going forward, if she is mentioned?  She makes my skin crawl.  I avoid her at all costs.

"omg I was just talking about taking a plane to pick apples!  see everyone??  I am so funny!!!"

I cannot with her.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Thumper said:

I am old and had never heard of Billie Eilish. 

Being old also:

The only reason I'm aware of her is because WWE used her song and video "You Should See Me in a Crown" to advertise one of their pay per views, and the video had spiders crawling all over her, and she had that kind of stoned, dopey look on her face.  Maybe it was because she was full of spider venom lol. 

Anyway, I thought the song was cool so I remembered her.  Later saw her picture on something in Hot Topic and I thought "Hey, that's that spider girl"  🙂

She should be proud, I don't remember this much discussion here on a musical guest for a while.

• Love 1

I'm so old, I knew of Billie from an interview she did on NPR. 

And, I feel validated that she mentioned Royal Wedding in the Making Of video!  It takes so little to validate me 🙂 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 9/30/2019 at 5:23 PM, ahisma said:

I didn’t know that, but suspected. She doesn't glam up or pose or smile or go along with any of the other Hollywood/music industry game women tend to conform to, and I've always appreciated that about her. 

Except for the nail extensions, which don't go with the rest of her image, but her nails, her choice!

Hey every Body. Guess what . Saturday Night Live at 10:30 on May 30 repeated the first show Of the season which was Woody Harrleson and Billie Ellish . What did you think about NBC doing that ? I was SO Happy to finally see the Band and have an Audience ! ! There was A Lot of breaking though . I knew there was breaking with the Apple Farm, but I did not realize there was breaking when the Reporters were discussing Donald Trump and Kenan kept saying that Donald Trump would not get Impeached .

• Love 1

Hello Gallileo. I'm sorry IF I spelled your name wrong. That new girl who played Marianne Williamson is Chloe  Fineman.

53 minutes ago, Jody said:

Hey every Body. Guess what . Saturday Night Live at 10:30 on May 30 repeated the first show Of the season which was Woody Harrleson and Billie Ellish . What did you think about NBC doing that ? I was SO Happy to finally see the Band and have an Audience ! ! There was A Lot of breaking though . I knew there was breaking with the Apple Farm, but I did not realize there was breaking when the Reporters were discussing Donald Trump and Kenan kept saying that Donald Trump would not get Impeached .

They were breaking during the reporters skit because the wardrobe lady came out too early to change Aidy’s jacket.  It was pretty funny!

This time around, Billie reminded me of Dakota Johnson, but that might be because I saw Dakota the other night on Jimmy Kimmel's show. 

I laughed all through the apple picking sketch, again. 

On 9/29/2019 at 12:24 AM, possibilities said:

I want to call her Silly Eyelash. I FF'd the epilepsy song. I am glad I'm not the only person who has no idea what any of her lyrics are. She sounds fine, but it's completely impossible for me to discern what any of the words are, and that's when she's not trying to give the audience seizures.

I thought the show was mostly good, not great but not nearly as bad as many from last season.

I'm tired of Heidi playing the same girlfriend trope while they rotate the boyfriend characters around her. Can she do anything else?

Liked the Greta shout out.

I'm sorry to say I loved Maya's take on Kamala. I like Kamala, but still....

I think Billie Ellish Needs to Sing Louder ! She Is Either Too Hyper OR Too Boring ! I Think Heidi is Either Whiny OR Too Smug ! ! I AM Surprised That She Can Sound Like A Duck ! I Have Heard Men Sounding Like A Duck, But Not Any Women ! Personally, I Can NOT Make Duck Sounds Like That ! Do You Think Nobody Likes Maya ? Is That Why You are being so Hesitant About Liking her As Kamala Harris ?

On 9/29/2019 at 1:06 AM, sheetmoss said:

Remember Lionel Ritchie's Dancing on the ceiling?

There is A Man Named Derek Hough that used to be one of the Dancers on Dancing With the Stars ! He Won The Mirror Ball Trophy I Think Six Times ! IT Might Have been Five Times ! Any Way, Derek Hough Has Also Danced On the Ceiling !

On 9/29/2019 at 7:04 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Plus it might have helped if Billie didn't breathily whisper most of the 1st song, you could barely hear her.

At least she wasn't wearing a Fiji water bottle outfit, so we got that going for us.  #sarcasm

Billie Was Whispering The Second Song Also ! I Don't Know How She Is A Recording Star OR Got Any Hit Records !

On 9/29/2019 at 3:01 PM, willco said:

I Had Never Heard of her Either ! She Needed to Sing Louder  ! Also, She was Doing A Lot Of Jumping Up And Down !

On 9/29/2019 at 3:23 PM, SoMuchTV said:

I said, why is that guy who interviews people on the streets being the musical guest.  My kid looked at me funny.

Is There Really A Man who Interviews People  In The Streets and He Has Long Fingernails And Green Hair ?

On 9/29/2019 at 5:07 PM, slowpoked said:

Now, IT Is August OF 2020 ! They Repeated This Episode ! Later, Bernie Dropped Out And So Did Elizabeth Warren although Kate Got To Meet the Real Elizabeth Warren ! ! Actually, Woody Came Back A Few Times , But Jason Came Once Or Twice And They Even Had John Mulaney Who Writes the Stefon Sketches Play Joe Biden ! ! ! They Spent So Much Time On Maya On Saturday August 29 Because Kamala Harris Was Taken As Joe Biden's Vice President !

On 9/29/2019 at 6:01 PM, Pete Martell said:

I'm completely confused as to where they'll take Biden. Would Sudeikis want to keep coming back, and Woody just got the role because he was host, or does he not want to come back and this was their way of having viewers get used to someone else in the role? I can't see Woody wanting to return over and over. This version of Biden also felt much more harshly written than the Sudeikis version, as he always played him as relentlessly upbeat. So I wonder if this was a one-off or a sign of a new take.

I know some Bernie fans were upset with the writing for him but I felt like it was mostly just the usual shtick with Bernie. I wonder how much Larry David would want to keep returning - it was interesting to me that he returned on a week Pete Davidson was not there, considering everything that happened with Pete breaking up with his daughter a few years ago. 

I do feel like they were taking advantage of a Kamala impression while they still had time. She's polling worse than Buttigieg, but no one really cares about who will play him, whereas people have been talking about Maya for months. This was their best chance and Maya more than stepped up to the plate (and I love that she added a little of Bill Hader's Keith Morrison impression). 

I'm not sure what to say about Kate's Warren. I've never felt like it is a very lived-in impression - it's just a few generic moments strung together. They barely used her this time. I'm torn between thinking there's just nothing to make fun of her for (SNL can't use the Native American controversy because of their own history with racism), and wondering if Kate McKinnon likely being in her last season means they are trying to phase her out and will give Warren to another cast member (like Chloe) if she gets the nomination. 

They Keep Using Kate To Play Elizabeth Warren ! Later, In The Season, The Real Elizabeth Warren Shows Up And Kate Gets To Meet Her ! !

On 10/1/2019 at 11:49 AM, Thumper said:

I am old and had never heard of Billie Eilish.  Forgot about SNL and started the show with her first performance.  Liked the gimmick but didn't know what she was singing/saying.  The second song was better; I caught a few words.  Liked her multi-colored hair.  Like the fact that she dresses to de-sexualize.  Her voice was so "wispy" though.  I don't understand the appeal of wispy/weak voices (Janet Jackson).   Watched one of her videos and her voice sounded stronger there, so that is encouraging.  She is pretty and does remind me of Scarlett Johansen (sp?) when she smiles.

I was Reading A Review From Stooge and I thought that would be Funny IF I Missed Saturday Night Live because I Was Reading About Saturday Night Live ! I DID Start watching And Saw The Entire episode !

On 10/1/2019 at 1:41 PM, heatherchandler said:

I don't hate the song, but her dancing??  With the little kicks?  Is that how people dance now?

Yeah I was disappointed to realize that Biggest Cheeto was the "first sketch," which is usually the best.  It was ok but not great.  What happened to all of the cutting edge humor SNL used to be known for?  I thought they get young people to bring some fresh humor.

Can we get a Chrissy Tiegen warning going forward, if she is mentioned?  She makes my skin crawl.  I avoid her at all costs.

"omg I was just talking about taking a plane to pick apples!  see everyone??  I am so funny!!!"

I cannot with her.

Billie Was Also Just Jumping Up And Down ! That's Dancing ?

On 10/1/2019 at 6:39 PM, rmontro said:

Being old also:

The only reason I'm aware of her is because WWE used her song and video "You Should See Me in a Crown" to advertise one of their pay per views, and the video had spiders crawling all over her, and she had that kind of stoned, dopey look on her face.  Maybe it was because she was full of spider venom lol. 

Anyway, I thought the song was cool so I remembered her.  Later saw her picture on something in Hot Topic and I thought "Hey, that's that spider girl"  🙂

She should be proud, I don't remember this much discussion here on a musical guest for a while.

Just Wait Until March OF 2020 ! There Is The Singer OF Talking Heads And His Name Is David Byrnes And There Are Dancers Behind Him ! ! He Is In His 70's, But He Will Lay Back And Arch His Back ! He Does This Talking The Song and Interesting Choreography ! ! Then, The Back Up Dancers Do The Same Choreography He Does, But They Have Different Musical Instruments Wrapped Around Them ! ! There Are Bongo Drums, Keyboards And OF Course Guitars , But Some OF The Male Dancers Do Tumbling ! Later, This Singer And the Black Woman Dancer Will Be In A Sketch And In That Sketch He Does A Song Called Taking The Road to Nowhere Only This Will Be Taking The Plane To Nowhere ! This IS THE Best Musical Guest They Have Ever Had In My Opinion !

7 hours ago, Jody said:
On 9/29/2019 at 4:23 PM, SoMuchTV said:

Is There Really A Man who Interviews People  In The Streets and He Has Long Fingernails And Green Hair ?

No, not as far as I know.  I was just making a bad joke about how I'm old and her name was similar to comedian Billy Eichner ("Billy on the Street").  Apologies if you were actually making a joke as well.