Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
fernsehen

Designing Women

Suzanne and Anthony were my favorites.  And Julia's rants (especially how she took on that predator Ray Don or whatever his name was...I had to do that once so I was cheering her on big time). Wish I knew the names of some of those character actors who played the eccentrics.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

You said it!  The right words used, the delivery and timing + the facial expression (or lack of one).  All of DW's actors were topnotch at this talent.  I remember reading Annie Pott's remarks (back in the early days of the show) that what she loved about DW scripts was that they weren't the typical sitcom ba-dump-dump patter (she described it better but you know what I mean).  She said she liked the southern style of talking and a certain type of southern humor that was in each storyline.  I'm not a southerner but lived in Raleigh for many years and every once in a while I'd come across a southerner with that hilarious sense of humor.  The humor would just sneak up on you making it even funnier (very subtle, not mean, very funny).

I can't imagine the reboot without Dixie Carter...who could be both deadpan and dramatic...and be funny in both delivery styles.

• Like 2