Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7 Discussion

ohjoy
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Mostly this show is irritating to me because of the bombastic/hectoring delivery of every single line.  Then there is the cringe-type behavior of the overinvolved mother.  I tried this show when it first came on, but I couldn't stick with it.  Recently I binged a few of the latest season, having nothing else to watch.  Very trying.  I still like George Segal and Jeff Garlin. 

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 4
On 5/22/2020 at 11:39 AM, ByTor said:

I guess I'm alone, I think the JTP is one of the most irritating parts of this show.

It's ONE of the irritating parts anyway. I never did get the love for them here. It's just annoying to me when grown people or teens try to act cute. I guess that really is most of this show though.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Eataton said:
On 5/22/2020 at 12:39 PM, ByTor said:

I guess I'm alone, I think the JTP is one of the most irritating parts of this show.

It's ONE of the irritating parts anyway. I never did get the love for them here. It's just annoying to me when grown people or teens try to act cute. I guess that really is most of this show though.

For me it's a comparative thing. Compared to the rest of the show/characters, they are amazing. On any other show they'd probably be the thing that made me stop watching. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Mabinogia said:
21 hours ago, Eataton said:
On 5/22/2020 at 11:39 AM, ByTor said:

For me it's a comparative thing. y are amazing.

4 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

For me it's a comparative thing. Compared to the rest of the show/characters, they are amazing. On any other show they'd probably be the thing that made me stop watching. 

Amazing  how? This schmaltzy show is the epitome of a show worse than The Brady Bunch.

On 5/14/2020 at 3:46 PM, Cherpumple said:

And I totally agree with Dave Kim's assessment of that dress. I'm still bitter that she ruined Annie Pott's awesome 50s (60s?) dress to create that monstrosity. I've always hated that thing!

Me too!! The resultant dress was hideous!

• Love 3

Honestly, one of the reasons I love this show is the way they deliver lines. You can tell they're not phoning it in and they put extra emphasis on a lot of the things they say. Also, I love the weird dialogue because nobody talks like that in real life. On a show like Family Guy, it irritates me because they're basically telling you what the joke is and that ends up being the joke. Also, most of the characters haven't been funny in a long time. At least with this show, they still make actual jokes and try telling stories you can follow.

• Love 2
On 5/25/2020 at 4:58 PM, GussieK said:

Mostly this show is irritating to me because of the bombastic/hectoring delivery of every single line.  Then there is the cringe-type behavior of the overinvolved mother.  I tried this show when it first came on, but I couldn't stick with it.  Recently I binged a few of the latest season, having nothing else to watch.  Very trying.  I still like George Segal and Jeff Garlin. 

I don't mind that stuff in context, but I have to admit that it got old eventually.  As much as I once really liked the show, it just ran out of gas for me around Season 4.

• Love 4
On 5/17/2020 at 10:08 PM, Robert Lynch said:

I don't get the Geoff and Erica relationship. She takes him for granted and does the typical what about me moment all the time. Her character she not be rewarded for bad behavior. She deserves a reality check.

Erica and Geoff suck together and Erica sucks in generally since they've been together.  They never had any chemistry, never made sense together and she in general since leaving for college just turned into a bitter unfun selfish character

• Love 3
13 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Erica and Geoff suck together and Erica sucks in generally since they've been together.  They never had any chemistry, never made sense together and she in general since leaving for college just turned into a bitter unfun selfish character

Plus it doesn't help he is a regular, so the relationship isn't going anywhere even if Geoff and Erica has no chemistry and seem constantly forced together. Plus, Erica is written to be more "It's all about me" than Bev has been the past 5 years. Despite what happened with Schooled and two of the cast members. Seriously, they should have called it quits with the Goldbergs and given Schooled another season and put these characters to rest. But you know ABC: "syndication money!"

• Love 2
On 9/26/2019 at 10:59 AM, zoey1996 said:

Oh, please!  They're taking a cross-country trip requiring at least 35 hours driving each way plus stops, to spend what, ONE day at Disneyland?  And Barry has to be back for college in a week!  A road trip to Orlando makes a little sense.  This makes no sense at all!

This show is just awful anymore. It's the same plot every episode, just with different details.  

Plus they wen to both Mount Rushmore and the Grand Canyon.  I feel like they didn't exactly take a direct route.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2