Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7 Discussion

ohjoy
  • Start Topic

This is such a petty complaint that I almost feel silly bringing it up.  But I hated that they did the "real John Oates" graphic during the tag at the end.  Like, that's the joke.  I tend to think it's pretty evident to anyone paying attention, and I thought it was cute.  Until they literally pointed an arrow at it to explain it.  I know lampshading isn't quite the right term for this, and I don't know what it is, but it made me roll my eyes, and I think it's not what they usually do with these cameos, which I always look forward to.  Spelling out the gag just kills it dead.  Is it just me?

Edited by 853fisher
"An," not "and." Late night posting! ;)
  • Love 8

I guess Brea is starting to become less.....robotic. I'm still not a big fan of the character, but the actress plays her well. 

I wish Lainey could come back to the show, even if it's just part-time. I missed having her around. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Mr. Meatball Man said:

I guess Brea is starting to become less.....robotic. I'm still not a big fan of the character, but the actress plays her well. 

I wish Lainey could come back to the show, even if it's just part-time. I missed having her around. 

This was Bev at her worst and I really felt bad for Barry. Even though they showed he not only becomes a doctor and successful and even proved it on Schooled. I felt like he just gets the bum deal half the time. It stopped being funny. 

I know the show is trying to stay funny, but doesn't Murray at any point just go: "You know, maybe I should worry about people seeing me like this at times." 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

This dating episode was exhausting. Bev's "love" for Adam is reaching a tiring level. He's in high school and she hasn't changed her ways with him since the first episode. Hubby and I are on our 5th go around watching old seasons on Hulu. They were so much better. I don't know, Wendy's acting just seems so different this season. It's almost as if she's "over it." Hard to explain, but it's so different from previous seasons. This season was a dud for us. I think we laughed at maybe 2 episodes.

I'm tired of Barry being so loud too. It seems like he and Erica don't do anything but yell. Also tired of how he treats Matt Bradley. According to the real Bev, he was never like this in real life, so why add it to the show? Right now, I'm only watching to see how Barry and Lainey get back together since they are together on Schooled.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Madtown said:

This dating episode was exhausting. Bev's "love" for Adam is reaching a tiring level. He's in high school and she hasn't changed her ways with him since the first episode. Hubby and I are on our 5th go around watching old seasons on Hulu. They were so much better. I don't know, Wendy's acting just seems so different this season. It's almost as if she's "over it." Hard to explain, but it's so different from previous seasons. This season was a dud for us. I think we laughed at maybe 2 episodes.

I'm tired of Barry being so loud too. It seems like he and Erica don't do anything but yell. Also tired of how he treats Matt Bradley. According to the real Bev, he was never like this in real life, so why add it to the show? Right now, I'm only watching to see how Barry and Lainey get back together since they are together on Schooled.

Yeah this is a grand example of a show that has ran it's course. Even the old videos of the real family are few and far between. Meaning it might be a plot point like the "real" Adam's school play, Barry's constant dating life and even their friends' backgrounds. However, half of it seems mostly made up and most of the enjoyable background characters have all gone to Schooled. It's time to just wrap up the series and call it a good run. 

Edited by readster
spelling errors.
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, readster said:

Yeah this is a grand example of a show that has ran it's course. Even the old videos of the real family are few and far between. Meaning it might be a plot point like the "real" Adam's school play, Barry's constant dating life and even their friends' backgrounds. However, half of it seems mostly made up and most of the enjoyable background characters have all gone to Schooled. It's time to just wrap up the series and call it a good run. 

I think the show deserves at least one more season, just so we can see Adam graduate high school. After that, things should come to an end. I still love watching new episodes and I came to the show later than the rest of you so that might be why the characters don't annoy me as much, but it's definitely starting to reach its natural conclusion. 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Mr. Meatball Man said:

I think the show deserves at least one more season, just so we can see Adam graduate high school. After that, things should come to an end. I still love watching new episodes and I came to the show later than the rest of you so that might be why the characters don't annoy me as much, but it's definitely starting to reach its natural conclusion. 

Right and then fit right into the Schooled. Have Adam go to NYU, Ericia decides to go into medical school like the real "Eric" did and Barry heads off to Michigan to finish school.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, readster said:

Right and then fit right into the Schooled. Have Adam go to NYU, Ericia decides to go into medical school like the real "Eric" did and Barry heads off to Michigan to finish school.

I am afraid they are going to become like Modern Family and Fresh off The Boat at the end.

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Robert Lynch said:

I am afraid they are going to become like Modern Family and Fresh off The Boat at the end.

I'm already seeing those signs now. I could see them just going to the bitter end and then things just "end" for the show. 

• Love 1

How Barry continues to pull women is beyond me. Also bringing Lainey back for one closure scene like a year after she left makes no sense. And didn't they tell us Barry marries yet another blonde from high school? He has a type.

As someone whose sibling was in the next age group, the trope of dating your siblings' friends is always weird to me. From Erica's perspective, it's annoying that Barry makes moves on her closest friends and inevitably makes her friendships awkward. I enjoyed Barry being his usual blowhard self with Erica - she deserves it tbh, unlike the JTP.

So I guess Brea/Adam dated in real life? The character Brea seems like she'd never go for the character Adam. I thought for sure we'd get photos of Beverly actually third wheeling their dates. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

How Barry continues to pull women is beyond me. Also bringing Lainey back for one closure scene like a year after she left makes no sense. And didn't they tell us Barry marries yet another blonde from high school? He has a type.

As someone whose sibling was in the next age group, the trope of dating your siblings' friends is always weird to me. From Erica's perspective, it's annoying that Barry makes moves on her closest friends and inevitably makes her friendships awkward. I enjoyed Barry being his usual blowhard self with Erica - she deserves it tbh, unlike the JTP.

So I guess Brea/Adam dated in real life? The character Brea seems like she'd never go for the character Adam. I thought for sure we'd get photos of Beverly actually third wheeling their dates. 

Barry also admitted a the previous episode how Erica's friends always seem to hit on him and why he gets the wrong idea. As Erica says: "Why don't you leave my friends alone?" Barry: "Why don't they leave me alone?" Which is true. I also will admit I had a friend in high school who's younger sister (a year younger) we were attracted to each other, but we decided to respect the sibling rule. She still ended up marrying another mutual friend of ours and they are now going 16 years married and have three boys. 

• Love 2
On 5/8/2020 at 9:31 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I don't think they dated in real life, IIRC there was one of those closing segments with the home movies where the arrow pointed at the real Brea and said "too cool to date me" or something like that.

• Love 1

I know I’ve harped on this before but this Bev is worried about Adam growing up is so done to death. I feel this was already done this season which is the height of lazy. This show is just bad now and I loved it so much early on. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, xander874 said:

I know I’ve harped on this before but this Bev is worried about Adam growing up is so done to death. I feel this was already done this season which is the height of lazy. This show is just bad now and I loved it so much early on. 

Beverly has become an over-the-top caricature of the obnoxious smothering mother. She’s annoying as hell.

• Love 8
On 5/7/2020 at 8:52 AM, Madtown said:

I am definitely seeing those signs with Wendy! However, the difference between Constance Wu and Wendy is that Wendy is in the business longer than Constance. She did not do the typical exasperated response on twitter/Facebook of her show being renewed which Constance did last year. She knows how the business works. Wendy has a lot of professionalism and that's how you stay on a show, no matter how bad it gets. Constance is typically following Heigl's path and that's not how you retain your celebrity status. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

I am definitely seeing those signs with Wendy! However, the difference between Constance Wu and Wendy is that Wendy is in the business longer than Constance. She did not do the typical exasperated response on twitter/Facebook of her show being renewed which Constance did last year. She knows how the business works. Wendy has a lot of professionalism and that's how you stay on a show, no matter how bad it gets. Constance is typically following Heigl's path and that's not how you retain your celebrity status. 

How true and people like Heigl and Wu are also in a line of a long history of actors who have done just that. Long before social media there were many, many actors who either complained about their show or that it wouldn't die that got them pretty much kicked out of the industry and living in relative's garage/basement apartments. I think the best example of someone who took the jobs as they came, but also realized it really put their career in major stagnant status was Marcia Wallance, better known as the voice of Edna Krabopple on the Simpsons. She had some really, really bad rolls in her career. The Simpsons was the only one true pieces she ever got and then she tried being in a various other shows as a guest star and these shows were on the very bottom or close to cancellation. Her own words from an interview over 15 years ago: "I had bills, I had kids in school, I just took work where I could get it. However, that's what I was turned into. The woman who would take any paycheck no matter how **() a show it was. I know how Hollywood works, but if I had to do it again, I would have made many different choices on those rolls I took." 

16 hours ago, xander874 said:

I agree.  It's the same plot points over and over and over.  I'm still watching, but it's more background noise at this point.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lh25 said:

I agree.  It's the same plot points over and over and over.  I'm still watching, but it's more background noise at this point.

Just like how many times can it be shown that Murray just sits around in his underware all day after he gets home. Then when the kids point out how he is being a sloth, he get's pissed off and then tears into them. Then realizes he is just lofting around and then goes right back to it the following week. Even the real life Bev said that Murray was much more active in later years and that after running the store he had "earned" sitting and just watching TV for a few hours. It was his decompression time. Murray has moved to looking like he's depressed. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/10/2020 at 5:51 AM, Perfect Xero said:

I don't think they dated in real life, IIRC there was one of those closing segments with the home movies where the arrow pointed at the real Brea and said "too cool to date me" or something like that.

They “dated” in the seventh grade. 

Edited by Meatball
  • Like 1
On 5/7/2020 at 6:52 AM, Madtown said:

Right now, I'm only watching to see how Barry and Lainey get back together since they are together on Schooled.

They don't get back together until Schooled.  

• Love 1

At this point, the show needs to just dump David Kim and what's his name (can't think of it) the guy who will end up the janitor at the high school on Schooled. Pops was right, "why are you listening to them? Why are you listening to your mother? Haven't you learned to do that by now?" Adam's look on his face was: "I want to, but the damn writers keep acting like it's the first time this has happened." 

Cracked up at Barry's bedside manner. Though I'm with everyone else, please just end the show next year with Adam graduating high school and heading to  New York.

• Love 5

I really liked the Jeff/Erika/Barry story line. It's so hard for some people, myself included, to know what to do when a friend has a tragedy. I also liked the background of the dad going on about his heart failing him and his shock about it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, readster said:

At this point, the show needs to just dump David Kim and what's his name (can't think of it) the guy who will end up the janitor at the high school on Schooled. Pops was right, "why are you listening to them? Why are you listening to your mother? Haven't you learned to do that by now?" Adam's look on his face was: "I want to, but the damn writers keep acting like it's the first time this has happened." 

Cracked up at Barry's bedside manner. Though I'm with everyone else, please just end the show next year with Adam graduating high school and heading to  New York.

Pops is my favorite. I love it when he is the voice of reason.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Robert Lynch said:

Pops is my favorite. I love it when he is the voice of reason.

Not only that but he also knows when step in and be: "ok, just stop, you know this isn't going to end well." Yet he also is: "Well, if you are not going to listen to me, don't say I didn't warn you." 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, readster said:

Pops was right, "why are you listening to them? Why are you listening to your mother? Haven't you learned to do that by now?" Adam's look on his face was: "I want to, but the damn writers keep acting like it's the first time this has happened." 

Well, why should Adam learn from it?  His mom will get involved, everything will get screwed up, he'll feel bad for being selfish, but then everything will have a happy ending anyway.  It doesn't really matter what he does, things will end up smelling like roses.  Why should he learn?

Does Johnny Atkins really strike you as the kind of guy who would be elected Prom King?

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, rmontro said:

Well, why should Adam learn from it?  His mom will get involved, everything will get screwed up, he'll feel bad for being selfish, but then everything will have a happy ending anyway.  It doesn't really matter what he does, things will end up smelling like roses.  Why should he learn?

Does Johnny Atkins really strike you as the kind of guy who would be elected Prom King?

This touches on my biggest issue with Bev. She gets this idea in her head of what her family should enjoy and how they should behave. They all tell her they have no interest in it, she forces it, it turns into a disaster, and they all have to apologize to Bev. For someonewho supposedly loves her family so much, she certainly doesn't know much about them nor does she make an effort to do something nice for them on anyone's terms but her own.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

This touches on my biggest issue with Bev. She gets this idea in her head of what her family should enjoy and how they should behave. They all tell her they have no interest in it, she forces it, it turns into a disaster, and they all have to apologize to Bev. For someonewho supposedly loves her family so much, she certainly doesn't know much about them nor does she make an effort to do something nice for them on anyone's terms but her own.

Yeah, I call that Sue Heck Syndrome. Where you had Sue on the Middle using the excuse: "It's what I would want." Yet no one ever went: "But I'm not you, so don't do it!" or "You know better, stop thinking people will act like you." 

• Love 1

This was a cute, but meh episode. I couldn't really get excited about the A-plot because we've already done the "Bev accidentally cancels a school dance" (the Dirty Dance) and last week Brea was calling Adam her boyfriend, so I'm not sure why there was so much angst about whether or not she would want to go to prom with him. I was also very nervous when they started with the Pretty in Pink references and Murray implied that "Nice Guy" Ducky should have gotten the girl (yuck), but was then happily surprised when Adam likened himself to Molly Ringwald's character instead. And I totally agree with Dave Kim's assessment of that dress. I'm still bitter that she ruined Annie Pott's awesome 50s (60s?) dress to create that monstrosity. I've always hated that thing!

I loved "crisis Barry" but was annoyed that Erika got off too easy, especially after she stormed off during the picnic. Not everyone is good in an emergency, but she made it all about her, and Geoff, as usual, was way too understanding, even though HE was the one who needed support.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cherpumple said:

I'm still bitter that she ruined Annie Pott's awesome 50s (60s?) dress to create that monstrosity. I've always hated that thing!

I LOVED the original dress! I hated that sack that Andie made.

1 hour ago, Cherpumple said:

I couldn't really get excited about the A-plot because we've already done the "Bev accidentally cancels a school dance"

I'm pretty sure that at this point every plot we are getting is just a repeat of a past plot that was likely done better the first time. This show has run out of ideas. 

• Love 8

I enjoyed many parts of the episode last night. Loved Adam doing the dance through the school and all the reactions he got,lol. Jonathan Atkins as nominee for Prom King,lol, indeed,lol.  Anybody miss his ex girl friend Carla??? Wasn't she dating Dave Kim earlier this season??? 

• Love 1

This was one of the few better episodes in quite a while.  I enjoyed the Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go cold opening.

But please, for the love of all that is good, make the eighth season the last.  Adam will be a senior in high school.  Time to wrap this show up.

• Love 10

Erica SUCKED this episode and I don't buy that her callousness was a result of feeling awkward about caring for Geoff. She just didn't feel like putting time into something that revolved around someone who wasn't her. It's not that she "sucks at caring" - she just doesn't care. And then she does the absolute bare minimum and he fawns all over her. This episode really highlighted that the show's decision to make Geoff Erica's glorified butler just underscores what a jackass she is when he needs literally anything and she just stands there like a deer in headlights. It's a family medical emergency and they've been dating for years. Hold his hand in the hospital. It's not that hard. This isn't a Big Sick situation.

Coincidentally, this was the first time I've liked Barry in many, many episodes.

Sean Giambrone had his quarantine hair going in that intro!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Cherpumple said:

I couldn't really get excited about the A-plot because we've already done the "Bev accidentally cancels a school dance" (the Dirty Dance)

The Goldbergs repeating themselves with a plotline?  Say it isn't so!  🙂

I suppose I should say something nice about Barry being good in a crisis.  But it just felt like they were shoehorning his being comfortable and good in hospitals to make the idea of him becoming a doctor more palatable. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, rmontro said:

The Goldbergs repeating themselves with a plotline?  Say it isn't so! 

I suppose I should say something nice about Barry being good in a crisis.  But it just felt like they were shoehorning his being comfortable and good in hospitals to make the idea of him becoming a doctor more palatable. 

Of course we are to thinking that Murray had never seen MASH until now. Considering the show first aired in in 1973 and went off the air in February 1984. I know there are sliding timelines on this show to keep it in the 80s, but that was eye rolling. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, readster said:

Of course we are to thinking that Murray had never seen MASH until now. Considering the show first aired in in 1973 and went off the air in February 1984. I know there are sliding timelines on this show to keep it in the 80s, but that was eye rolling. 

I loved Murray's line about "It's supposed to be a comedy, so I guess it is, I don't know", or something to that effect.  That got a laugh out of me. 

I never watched MASH when it originally aired, because it always struck me as so dull and pretentious whenever it was on.  But I did watch the series finale, and after that I got so hooked on it that I went on the 80s equivalent of binge watching until I had seen them all.  At the time, MASH reruns were on in syndication, and I could watch four episodes a day pretty easily.  Maybe Murray did the same lol.

• Love 5

No lie, I totally forgot to watch the last few episodes. I dont know if that says something about me, the show, or both. 

The prom episode was repedative and predictable, but it had a decent amount of fun moments and lines. "Dave Kim speaks the truth." 

There are literally always MASH reruns, and I pretty much feel the same way about them that Murray does. "Its supposed to be a comedy, I guess." 

Erica is so selfish and takes Geoff so for granted, its not surprising that she is totally out of her depth trying to be supportive in a crisis situation. Its not that she feel awkward in stressful moments, she is just ridiculous self centered who could never make something not about her. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

No lie, I totally forgot to watch the last few episodes. I dont know if that says something about me, the show, or both. 

The prom episode was repedative and predictable, but it had a decent amount of fun moments and lines. "Dave Kim speaks the truth." 

There are literally always MASH reruns, and I pretty much feel the same way about them that Murray does. "Its supposed to be a comedy, I guess." 

Erica is so selfish and takes Geoff so for granted, its not surprising that she is totally out of her depth trying to be supportive in a crisis situation. Its not that she feel awkward in stressful moments, she is just ridiculous self centered who could never make something not about her. 

I don't get the Geoff and Erica relationship. She takes him for granted and does the typical what about me moment all the time. Her character she not be rewarded for bad behavior. She deserves a reality check.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

I don't get the Geoff and Erica relationship. She takes him for granted and does the typical what about me moment all the time. Her character she not be rewarded for bad behavior. She deserves a reality check.

They really have taken Erica off of reality since last season. In fact, she is so far removed from the "real" ERIC Goldberg it doesn't even pretend to match up. Honestly, Geoff should just make a run for it and count his loses. They seemed to want to move Erica to start being like Bev more, but Erica just comes off as angry all the time and removed from trying to care or can't seem to even bring herself there. 

• Love 3
On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 10:17 AM, JenLily said:

I absolutely cracked up at this exchange.

Beverly: On your verbal portion you got in the 90th percentile!

Pops: That's really high! (high-fives Adam)

Beverly: On your math you got in the. . . bottom fifth percentile.

Pops: That's really low.

Adam: Is it? I'm not really a numbers guy.

Pops: Yeah, I'm getting that.

😂

Sounded a lot like my SAT scores.  I'm definitely not a numbers person.

• Love 1
On ‎05‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 8:33 AM, readster said:

Nooooooo!  Dave Kim, Johnny Atkins and the JTP are just about the only funny things in most episodes.  Well, them and Pops.

On ‎05‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 12:34 PM, rmontro said:

He might've in my high school.  Surprisingly it wasn't all football players or stereotypical "popular kids" as prom king when I was in school in the early 80s.  At my senior prom, it was one of the borderline stoner guys who was friends with just about everyone.  Prom queen was popular, but not in a sitcom kind of way, and was nice to everybody.

On ‎05‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 5:46 PM, Cherpumple said:

And I totally agree with Dave Kim's assessment of that dress. I'm still bitter that she ruined Annie Pott's awesome 50s (60s?) dress to create that monstrosity. I've always hated that thing!

Me, too.

On ‎05‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 12:57 PM, rmontro said:

I loved Murray's line about "It's supposed to be a comedy, so I guess it is, I don't know", or something to that effect.  That got a laugh out of me. 

I never watched MASH when it originally aired, because it always struck me as so dull and pretentious whenever it was on.  But I did watch the series finale, and after that I got so hooked on it that I went on the 80s equivalent of binge watching until I had seen them all.  At the time, MASH reruns were on in syndication, and I could watch four episodes a day pretty easily.  Maybe Murray did the same lol.

I watched it when it aired, and still felt like the actual comedy was sort of hit or miss, especially during the last season or two.  So I found Murray's line pretty funny.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, proserpina65 said:

Nooooooo!  Dave Kim, Johnny Atkins and the JTP are just about the only funny things in most episodes.  Well, them and Pops.

Oh JTP can stay on as long as possible. Love those guys. I just feel Johnny Atkins has served his purpose on Goldbergs. We know where he is going to end up and in real life that is what happened to him. He basically blamed everyone for what went wrong in life and ended up the school janitor. 

David Kim is either a hit or miss the past two years. Many times he is on track, but when is off track like here in the prom episode. Where he talked about popularity and no one corrected him going: "But she asked Adam to the prom, not the other way around." He and Johnny should have been: "Wait, you are right." Prom dress comments, spot on. 

26 minutes ago, readster said:

David Kim is either a hit or miss the past two years. Many times he is on track, but when is off track like here in the prom episode. Where he talked about popularity and no one corrected him going: "But she asked Adam to the prom, not the other way around." He and Johnny should have been: "Wait, you are right." Prom dress comments, spot on. 

For me that worked because of Adam's insecurity about dating the popular girl, but I see your point.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

For me that worked because of Adam's insecurity about dating the popular girl, but I see your point.

Yeah, I can believe Johnny being Prom King. Stuff like that has been going on for years. Like when someone runs for a school officer position as a joke and then they win as a result and then can't do the roll and are: "Well, I never thought I seriously get it." 

2 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Brea doesn't strike me as a "most popular girl in school" type either, but that's not a major complaint.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, readster said:

They really have taken Erica off of reality since last season. In fact, she is so far removed from the "real" ERIC Goldberg it doesn't even pretend to match up. Honestly, Geoff should just make a run for it and count his loses. They seemed to want to move Erica to start being like Bev more, but Erica just comes off as angry all the time and removed from trying to care or can't seem to even bring herself there. 

And this is exactly what happened with Fresh Off The Boat. The Jessica character became unbearable and then the youngest son became mini-Jessica. It just doesn't work. I am afraid this is exactly what happened to both MF and FOB. What started out good just became an unbearable mess later on. This is following the same problem that plagued both shows.

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Robert Lynch said:

And this is exactly what happened with Fresh Off The Boat. The Jessica character became unbearable and then the youngest son became mini-Jessica. It just doesn't work. I am afraid this is exactly what happened to both MF and FOB. What started out good just became an unbearable mess later on. This is following the same problem that plagued both shows.

Yeah and many shows run into this problem. I can even go back as to how on Home Improvement, Jill became so unbearable and even people pointing out she became her father, but worst, because she could NEVER be wrong. Same here with what happened with Jessica and the youngest son. As many people pointed out and even in the final episode, it looked like Jessica was about to get divorced and the boys were going to stop associating with her. 

I can understand Erica doesn't know how to "be there" for someone, but they have had such a focus on trying to make her "Bev mini" and it comes off much worst. Plus, just because you have the characters calling out how they are acting, but then nothing becomes of it is seriously bad writing. It's not a nod to the audience, it's just showing you can't write. 

15 hours ago, readster said:

Oh JTP can stay on as long as possible. Love those guys. I just feel Johnny Atkins has served his purpose on Goldbergs. We know where he is going to end up and in real life that is what happened to him. He basically blamed everyone for what went wrong in life and ended up the school janitor.

On the shows, sure, but this isn't accurate to real life. According to his Facebook page the Real John Atkins went to college in South Carolina where he now lives and has been working in sales/finance.

He was also Class President in high school and posted a link to a video of his graduation where he gave a speech.

The whole repeating grades over and over and ending up the school janitor thing seems to be a show invention to keep the character/actor around.

• Like 1
  • Useful 6