Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E03: E uhi ana ka wā i hala i na mea i hala (Passing Time Obscures the Past)

• Start Topic

Five-0 investigates when a plane that mysteriously crashed into the Pacific in the ‘80s is found, but with a recently murdered scuba diver inside. Also, as McGarrett and Quinn zero in on who planted the bomb in his garage, and he formally asks her to join Five-0, she is arrested for money laundering. Rob Morrow returns as Wes Cullen.

Original Airdate: October 11, 2019

SOURCE: https://cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/hawaii-five-0/releases/view?id=53501

Edited by BW Manilowe
To correct formatting.

Since when does McGarrett have a red truck?  Didn't he have a blue one, that got blown up by that crazy psychopath woman while he was trapped in a blow hole, then it was replaced by a silver grey truck, but now it is red?  

And.....have we seen the Camaro yet this season?  Is it still black?  I still miss the silver one of the original carguments, when Mr. Hoppy rode in the backseat, and Bronson Pinchot was bungee-corded to the hood.

So Cullen blew himself up just to fuck with McGarrett? I suppose that must mean that he has a boss who is the real power behind all this dismay in McGarrett's life. Either that or Cullen jumped into some hidey-hole before the house blew up.

All this conspiracy stuff and they don't call Jerry? This case was made for him! I hope the next time we see him he gives them a hard time for not calling him in.

5-0's means and immunity allows them to overrule Military Police (who certainly do not answer to any other State authorities!) on behalf of a person who was deputized five seconds ago. And while this is nothing new, they also held a completely innocent person down in the interrogation room and for all we know he's still in there.

I did appreciate the callback to Mermaid School. Brick jokes are few and far between on this show but they seem to be trying harder as of late.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, dwmarch said:

So Cullen blew himself up just to fuck with McGarrett? I suppose that must mean that he has a boss who is the real power behind all this dismay in McGarrett's life. Either that or Cullen jumped into some hidey-hole before the house blew up.

All this conspiracy stuff and they don't call Jerry? This case was made for him! I hope the next time we see him he gives them a hard time for not calling him in.

5-0's means and immunity allows them to overrule Military Police (who certainly do not answer to any other State authorities!) on behalf of a person who was deputized five seconds ago. And while this is nothing new, they also held a completely innocent person down in the interrogation room and for all we know he's still in there.

I did appreciate the callback to Mermaid School. Brick jokes are few and far between on this show but they seem to be trying harder as of late.

I think it was clearly written before Garcia left the show so his lines got transferred to Adam. As for the arrest we are supposed to worry if we watched the promo for next week before Magnum started? But with little brother show on their heels 5-0 has been bringing it.

I think Chi McBride hit the too old for this shit phase. That is two weeks in a row where he didn't carry around a heavy shotgun or join the raid.

No Danny but still think that Adam is going to be getting a bigger role

Wonder why that Steve did not use immunity and means as the military police could had been overruled as again a show that at times does not make sense

But still less and less of Chi there. Really do not like. Love him and Alex together!

I hope Steve made sure to get Eddie to a safe place, since he was worried about his house being blown up.  

Wouldn’t you like to be Steve’s neighbor?

I wonder if Chi has some kind of medical issue that has caused the show to cut back his action scenes?  Back injury, knee replacement, etc.?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Passepartout said:

Wonder why that Steve did not use immunity and means as the military police could had been overruled as again a show that at times does not make sense

Well not overrule a federal court, but under his "means" commission from Hawaii I guess he can hire a veteran with  something as far down as a Bad Conduct Discharge if she plea bargains out before the inevitable proof of the frame up, just as he first hired a suspected bad cop in then ex Sergeant Kelly.

15 minutes ago, morriss said:

Tani had a heck of a time chasing the suspect while wearing those high-heeled boots.     🙄

A high heel is not a high heel if it is a boot, or especially a boot with a wedge. Even Wonder Woman agrees 👢

Looks like Katrina Law is fitting right in to Five-0. Illegal wiretap, eating the guy's breakfast, making unsubstantiated accusations.

I did like the opening 80s scene.

So did Adam take Jerry's head, and with it, his powers? Now he's like some internet guy.

I like how the conspiracy guy was so chill in the blue room while Lou and Tani were ranting.

Edited by DoctorAtomic

Was that all the Rob Morrow we'll get? I miss Numb3rs, sigh. I also miss Jerry and this episode sure felt as if it had been written with him still around. Loved Grover almost breaking the 4th wall with the quip about Adam's changed looks, he!

• Love 1
On 10/12/2019 at 2:49 AM, Mittengirl said:

I hope Steve made sure to get Eddie to a safe place, since he was worried about his house being blown up.

That  was exactly my reaction - I also wasn't crazy about the new girl emphasizing that Steve's dog is an important line of defense. Why make him a target?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Was that all the Rob Morrow we'll get? I miss Numb3rs, sigh. I also miss Jerry and this episode sure felt as if it had been written with him still around. Loved Grover almost breaking the 4th wall with the quip about Adam's changed looks, he!

Regarding the bolded: It’s weird because while Jorge Garcia has been removed from the main title credits, & he’s only been in a few minutes of the season premiere (where they showed Jerry still in the hospital, playing Battleship with Junior, then telling the team, after he was discharged, he had a “life’s too short” epiphany & had decided to leave the team to go off & finally write a book about 1 of the conspiracy theories he’d been chasing for years), Jorge’s name (in case nobody’s noticed) has still been listed as part of the main cast in the press releases that have been issued by CBS, for each episode so far, through the newest press release—for the upcoming Halloween episode in which Masi Oka’s Max Bergman is supposed to make a return visit.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To change some wording.
On 10/12/2019 at 8:36 PM, Magnumfangirl said:

Grover's line "Jerry, you look different" might be the funniest line ever uttered this show.  🤣

I agree.  And I had just said to my hubby that they needed to bring Jerry in for this.

On 10/12/2019 at 1:49 AM, Mittengirl said:

Wouldn’t you like to be Steve’s neighbor?

I wonder if Chi has some kind of medical issue that has caused the show to cut back his action scenes?  Back injury, knee replacement, etc.?

Dunno what's going on with Chi being in rhe background now either; sigh😕🤔. Happy to have more of him over the new lady who is definitely front burner being thrust into the limelight as far as screen time, story lines, character pecking order, you name it....

36 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

I liked when Tani answered her phone and said "Hi Juns, you're on speaker. EVERYONE IS HERE," which in my fan-fictiony, Tani and Junior shipping heart meant, "no sexy talk, Lou is listening!"

I'll allow it. Who goes to the opera as 'just friends?' Of course, it's ridiculously unprofessional. So, a perfect fit for this show. 

The way this show is, it's perfectly ok for me if they're hooking up on the dl. I don't know how since Junior lives at Steve's, and Steve is a total nosy bitch who would note if Junior just happens to be not around.

• Love 1