Type keyword(s) to search

Ghosted: Love Gone Missing - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Ghosted: Love Gone Missing helps distraught people track down former friends or lovers who suddenly cut off all contact with them. Hosts Rachel Lindsay and Travis Mills meet the haunted and come up with theories about the cause behind the ghosting. Then the hosts look for leads in order to track down the ghost. Finally, the truth is revealed during a confrontation between the two parties.

Is anybody else watching this show? I watched the first episode they showed (which I think is actually episode 4), & I wasn't impressed & had no intention of watching more. Since there was nothing else on when the show was on, I decided to watch more, & now I'm hooked. I just watched episode 5, & it was definitely the best one so far. I'm hoping I'm not the only one watching.

3 hours ago, funky-rat said:

What channel is it on?  It sounds interesting.

It's on MTV, the first episode was on right after the season finale of Catfish, so it's kind of like a sister show.

Edited by GaT
added an s

I watched, I think the first three episodes. The Brooklyn comedian was creepy AF and reminded me of David Berkowitz (aka Son of Sam). The other two episodes bored me to death. If the show was 30 minutes long, it might be tolerable. I have not watched since, but it may have recorded on my DVR.

I've always associated the term 'ghosting' with people who are in relatively new dating relationships that seem to be going fine and then one person vanishes. The subjects of the shows had friendships that just seemed to go south. I found it impossible to believe that the people in the two other episodes (not the Son of Sam guy) didn't know why their friend bailed on them. 

The situation with the comedian seemed bogus. The guy claimed that this gal was the universe to him and he never felt about anyone the way he did about her. Yet he never invited her to his comedy show? But one night she snuck in and watched him say stuff about her? Sounds like it's adapted from Mrs. Maisel or something. It seemed fake. It also seemed fake that this weird, creepy guy would vote to ghost because he doesn't seem like the type that attracts many women.

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 1

I found this show on demand. I don't know why I'm hooked, but I totally am. I wish they would do away with the stupid fake text at the end of the confrontation though. I like that this encompasses more than just romantic relationships. And I'm with everyone else, the New York comedian was creepy as hell. The last episode I watched was the guy from Aurora who moved to SF. I have to say, that ending shocked me. I was not expecting that at all. (not spoiling in case people care to watch it)

• Love 1
6 hours ago, sara416 said:

I found this show on demand. I don't know why I'm hooked, but I totally am. I wish they would do away with the stupid fake text at the end of the confrontation though. I like that this encompasses more than just romantic relationships. And I'm with everyone else, the New York comedian was creepy as hell. The last episode I watched was the guy from Aurora who moved to SF. I have to say, that ending shocked me. I was not expecting that at all. (not spoiling in case people care to watch it)

I agree about the texting thing, it's kind of stupid, especially since they're sitting there 1 foot apart from each other. I think the next episode (for you) is the one that really hooked me. It's kind of jaw dropping.

• Love 1

So yesterday I watched with the woman who was ghosted by the guy named Shawn, who had ghosted several other women as well. The hosts of the show learned everything they needed to know about the guy once they spoke to a couple of other women and that should have closed the case right there. The attempts at a dramatic confrontation failed  miserably and anyone who needs some type of "closure" after being told that the guy they were with did the same thing to a handful of other women and this is just his MO, really needs to get a grip.

They also tried to pull a fast one in this episode with Shawn. He did NOT say, "Kayla, who?" That was such bullshit. I watched it back. The call was choppy sounding to start with and they were on speaker and when they said, "Kayla," he said, "Who?" as if he did not hear them or understand the name they said. When they repeated the name, he knew who it was. Then to force more drama they told Kayla that he said, "Kayla, who?"

The facial reactions of the show hosts are so far over the top compared to the information they are hearing from some of these people. They're trying too hard. The person who was ghosted wants to confront the ghoster and ask why. They don't care about anything else. The whole timeline that is shown and all the filler conversation is such a waste. You can watch the first 10 minutes to see how they met, how long they were together and what led up to the ghosting and then FF to the last 5 minutes to watch "the confrontation" and you won't have missed anything.

The show has potential but would be so much better if cut in half time wise and the hosts stopped with the bulging eyes as if they just heard some earth shattering information when they discover some relatively benign fact about the ghost.

• Love 1

I found 6 eps On Demand, so I watched the first two.

In the one with the pregnant girl and her gay friend, I have a feeling that the gay friend and the ex-boyfriend had more of a thing and longer-term than the show let on.  I got the feeling after they spoke to the ex that it might have been going on while he and the pregnant girl were together (and yes, I got the feeling right after they talked to the ex that something went down between those two).

In the one with the stand-up comic, I agree something was really off with that guy, and Jordan dodged a bullet.  He was obsessive, and not in a good way.  I have a friend who is a stand-up comic, and he talks about his wife in his routine  - that goes with the territory - but while he talks about their relationship, and her obsessive shopping, and things like that, he doesn't really delve much in to their intimate life.  And I'm 100% sure he goes over what he's going to say with his wife before he does it.  They've been married a long time.  The guy on the show not wanting to show Jordan his material would have spoken volumes to me, but if I had snuck in to a show and saw that routine,  I would have told him off, then ghosted.  What chilled me is how he denied any responsibility and put it all on her.  I could buy that at first, he didn't know she snuck in to a show so he wouldn't hav connected the dots, but after he found out, it was all her fault, per him.  Nope.  Not even close.  I think he chose "ghost" because he knew she would, and wanted to save face, and maintain his "She should have talked to me" crap.

• Love 1
On 10/2/2019 at 12:44 AM, GaT said:

Holy shit, I just watched the Russell/Destiney episode & I'm stunned. I can't believe they even put this episode on TV.

I’m watching the episode now. A commercial aired after my recording of Teen Mom 2 and I was intrigued. 

I can understand being young, afraid and ashamed of being gay (not that he should be), but ghosting your girlfriend when she’s just told you she’s pregnant is NEVER EVER OKAY. Even if you have to be an ass and dump her right away, she deserves to know where you are and to be told to her face that you don’t want to be or a father (or you do but don’t want to be in a relationship with her). I didn’t blame Khari for being LIVID- two years they had been together and he never mentioned he thought he had a child. Wtf!

Im eagerly awaiting this commercial to be over to find out what happened! Did Destiny actually have a miscarriage or did she terminate the pregnancy? I know first trimester miscarriages are incredibly common and happen to young, healthy women all the time, but this young woman just pointed out she was ghosted by her boyfriend, never knew her mom, doesn’t gave a good relationship with her Dad and was concerned about finances. Plenty of women in her position would’ve chosen to terminate the pregnancy in that situation. 

Why does Russell still need to be there for Destiny??????? He did say he was sorry and they got some closure, but why would they keep in touch? He did cheat on her and ghost her! It’s been almost 2yrs since they’ve been in contact, just move on with your life. 

Good for you Destiny. Just move on with your life. 

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Im eagerly awaiting this commercial to be over to find out what happened! Did Destiny actually have a miscarriage or did she terminate the pregnancy? I know first trimester miscarriages are incredibly common and happen to young, healthy women all the time, but this young woman just pointed out she was ghosted by her boyfriend, never knew her mom, doesn’t gave a good relationship with her Dad and was concerned about finances. Plenty of women in her position would’ve chosen to terminate the pregnancy in that situation. 

I assume you've seen the end by now. This just seemed too much to put on TV, I really felt bad for Destiney.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, GaT said:

I assume you've seen the end by now. This just seemed too much to put on TV, I really felt bad for Destiney.

It was dramatic but in a real away. Things like this happen. Destiney needs to leave Russell alone. He said he was sorry- okay, that doesn’t mean he needs to be in her life. 

• Love 2

I watched eps 3 and 4 over the weekend.

The one with the 2 friends from Baltimore who met while clubbing were just exhausting.  I was glad for that to be over.  Nothing but drama from those two, and I was glad for that ep to be over.  As posessive as the girl who was ghosted was, I wouldn't be shocked if they're fighting again soon.  Maybe when the guy (can't remember his name) gets out of jail, since he seemed to like to play both sides.

The one with the guy who moved to San Francisco, I got a feeling early on he was closeted, and moved to SF to try to make what he thought was a "normal" life, and if it didn't work, then he was in a much more gay-friendly spot than where he was living.  The girl he was engaged to seemed like the type who figures that they can fix someone, and I think she sensed something was going on between the two of them, and figured if she pulled him away, it would change everything.  Glad to hear they're taking it slow, and I would love to see the guy who was ghosted move to San Francisco, or an area where it's more acceptible to be who he is.

• Love 1

I like Rachel but not this show. As someone else said,it might work better as a half hour show - too much filler!  The dramatic music is really over the top.  I found it really realistic and topical that the two friends broke up over politics. She was working for a Republican Congressperson who is very pro Trump so her family is probably Republican and that’s how she got the job. Funny, how if they were so close in college that politic never came up.  Oh well, her boss lost the last election. Maybe that’s why they waited to air it.

• Love 1

I think people who ghost others are immature.  If you're upset then....I don't know TELL the person why you don't want to talk to them anymore.    I want to shake some of these people and tell them to grow the fuck up.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think people who ghost others are immature.  If you're upset then....I don't know TELL the person why you don't want to talk to them anymore.    I want to shake some of these people and tell them to grow the fuck up.

Agreed.  If someone did that to me, I'd tell myself that if they're that petty and pathetic, then they're not worth my time.

The only one I've really understood is the guy who was closeted, and confused.  I cut him some slack.  I don't blame the girl who ghosted the comedian - he was all kinds of creepy - but I'd have told him off, then blocked him.

• Love 3

I don't know why but I love this show.  I found it by accident and I'm hooked.  I originally thought it would only be about romantic ghosting but was glad to see it covered friendships as well.   I was recently ghosted by someone I consider a close friend.  I hadn't talked to her in a while and I went to message her and found out she blocked me on social media.  I texted her to ask why she had blocked me but of course, never heard back. I was either blocked on her phone or she just didn't reply. Either way, I'm agreeing with those above who say it's immature.  Just let me know why you don't want me in your life anymore.  Either we can talk it out or it's done.  But at least no one is wondering WTF is going on.  (Mind you, I'd never go on tv to figure it out but it's a fun watch.)

• Love 3
On 10/9/2019 at 7:05 AM, Caseysgirl said:

I found it really realistic and topical that the two friends broke up over politics. She was working for a Republican Congressperson who is very pro Trump so her family is probably Republican and that’s how she got the job. Funny, how if they were so close in college that politic never came up.  Oh well, her boss lost the last election. Maybe that’s why they waited to air it.

I really liked that episode because the ghosted friend had no idea why her friend ghosted her.  When the ghost broke the news to her, the ghosted reacted very well, she said that where she works she talks to people who have different political views, but they should have had a conversation about it.  And it was interesting that she didn't want to say on TV that she voted for Trump.  

• Love 1

Watched the next two On Demand this weekend.

Wasn't expecting to see a second closeted man.  I'm glad he and Destiny aired it out.  I understand why she was angry, but she could have let him know when she lost the baby.  Even if just sending something by registered mail.  Not sure why they want to remain friends, but that's their decision.

I sort-of zoned out on the other ep.  The one with the serial ghoster/biggest jackass on the planet.  I'm glad the girl he ghosted got it out of her system, but he learned nothing, and won't learn anything.  He's just an ass.

Got to the last two that were in the On Demand section.

In the one with the political differences, Travis and Rachel were right that the offended girl should have done a sit-down and asked why her friend went the direction she did, listened, and then said why that choice disappointed her, and why she felt the way she did.  I think they would have easily seen eye to eye afterward.  Plus, the one who moved to LA said she didn't want her friend to feel like she had to be a certain way to have her friendship, but yet there she was, doing just that.....  As an aside, no mater what side of the spectrum one is on, this is something sorely lacking in today's world - civil conversation and discussion.  Lastly, I can't help but feel that her nervy asking the mother for an expensive loan, and being turned down, did have just a little to do with it, even if she said it didn't.

In the one with the girl who came from Spain...yeesh.  Her ex was indeed using wrong terminology (she wasn't an addict - just had a high libido), and he was rightly called out on it, but dang, that girl was a lot of drama, and her ex was right about one thing - they were only 2 years apart but she was miles behind in maturity.  He seemed a bit slacker-ish, with the pro poker player stuff, but I could easily see her being the kind who starts contacting him every few minutes if he's late getting somewhere, etc.  He also seems the type who just goes along with something rather than speak up.  Then it gets to be too much for him, and bang, he's trapped, and opts to bail rather than tell her it just isn't working out.  Then again, he might have feared she'd go full-on stalker or something.  Either way, they're better apart.

6 hours ago, funky-rat said:

In the one with the girl who came from Spain...yeesh.  Her ex was indeed using wrong terminology (she wasn't an addict - just had a high libido), and he was rightly called out on it, but dang, that girl was a lot of drama, and her ex was right about one thing - they were only 2 years apart but she was miles behind in maturity.  He seemed a bit slacker-ish, with the pro poker player stuff, but I could easily see her being the kind who starts contacting him every few minutes if he's late getting somewhere, etc.  He also seems the type who just goes along with something rather than speak up.  Then it gets to be too much for him, and bang, he's trapped, and opts to bail rather than tell her it just isn't working out.  Then again, he might have feared she'd go full-on stalker or something.  Either way, they're better apart.

I was LMAO on this one. Yes, sexual incompatibility is a valid reason for ending a relationship, & I have to give the guy credit for publicly admitting that was the problem, because most guys would not say their girlfriend wanted sex more than they did, & I'm guessing that's why he ghosted, so he wouldn't actually have to say it. But, she was obviously someone who couldn't tell the difference between sex & affection, because they had only been dating about 7 months, & I doubt the deep love she kept talking about existed between them. And who has time for sex 3 times a day, every day? I have things to do LOL. She obviously thought sex was proof of love, which is definitely immature. I also thought she was very clingy, which probably also factored into his decision. So, yeah, I agree, better off apart.

• Love 1
On 9/25/2019 at 2:20 AM, GaT said:

Is anybody else watching this show? I watched the first episode they showed (which I think is actually episode 4), & I wasn't impressed & had no intention of watching more. Since there was nothing else on when the show was on, I decided to watch more, & now I'm hooked. I just watched episode 5, & it was definitely the best one so far. I'm hoping I'm not the only one watching.

OMG, I just found this show. (I’ve been rewatching Rachel’s Bachelorette season and fell into an imdb rabbit hole). 

This show is utter trash, and yet I can’t stop watching!

On 10/21/2019 at 11:29 AM, funky-rat said:

Got to the last two that were in the On Demand section.

In the one with the political differences, Travis and Rachel were right that the offended girl should have done a sit-down and asked why her friend went the direction she did, listened, and then said why that choice disappointed her, and why she felt the way she did.  I think they would have easily seen eye to eye afterward.  Plus, the one who moved to LA said she didn't want her friend to feel like she had to be a certain way to have her friendship, but yet there she was, doing just that.....  As an aside, no mater what side of the spectrum one is on, this is something sorely lacking in today's world - civil conversation and discussion.  Lastly, I can't help but feel that her nervy asking the mother for an expensive loan, and being turned down, did have just a little to do with it, even if she said it didn't.

I think he meant nymphomaniac not sex addict.  It was cheap when she signaled his dick was small, if that was true why was she pestering him three times a day for sex.  But any guy with a man bun who hosts poker nights is a douche, so there’s that.

Edited by Spike
  • LOL 2

Ah show, so glad you're back. This was a good episode. I really thought Joanna had something shady going on, but nope, it wasn't her. I was veeeery surprised LOL

Edited by GaT
  • Love 2
On 9/3/2020 at 3:25 AM, GaT said:

Ah show,so glad you're back. This was a good episode. I really thought Joanna had something shady going on, but nope, it wasn't her. I was veeeery surprised LOL

Cool. Has there been any press for this season? I haven’t seen anything 

5 hours ago, SilverLake0315 said:

I was wondering the same. Was the last episode that aired listed as the finale? I didn't pay attention.

There only showed 2 or 3 episodes, so I don't think that was the finale

2 hours ago, funky-rat said:

There were 2 eps on demand, and then it dropped off.

HUH, that's strange, stuff usually stays on ondemand longer.

I wonder if they're getting sued for something, that's all I can think of.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I guess I'm the only one watching, but this was another good episode. Trey is a piece of work, how does he not see what he did about the job is just wrong? Austin should just keep him ghosted.

9 hours ago, GaT said:

I guess I'm the only one watching, but this was another good episode. Trey is a piece of work, how does he not see what he did about the job is just wrong? Austin should just keep him ghosted.

I'm here, too! 👋

Totally agree about Trey. I was disappointed to see that they were talking again 3 months later. Trey is a pretty awful human being.

Last night's episode made me cringe so much. I'm glad Andi stood up for herself at the end, but trying to convince him to be with her again and all of the giggling was tough to watch.

I just got around to watching the Andi/Dade & they're talking to Dade's ex girlfriend Ashley, & she's got a giant booger in her nose. Why didn't someone on the show tell her? It's driving me crazy. Still have the rest of the episode to watch, I just had to post about Ashley's nose.

EDITED: Well, I've seen the entire episode, and I'm sorry but Andi is delusional. She has no contact with Dade for a year after he ghosts her, he avoided all the calls from Travis & Rachel & showed no interest in talking to her, and on top of that, he tells her that he's joined the military & is going away for 4 years. What about that situation made her think he would want a future together? If he wanted a future with you, he wouldn't have ghosted you to begin with. Plus, you only dated him for 4 months, & you're already at the marriage & babies stage?  Sorry, just plain old delusional.

Edited by GaT