First time since the beginning of last season I watched an entire episode of greys. Here we go!
- I can’t believe teddy is only now finally telling Owen about being pregnant and of course she does that annoying thing of prefacing it with “i need to talk to you but not now” so I have no problem with Owen trying to figure it out during surgery. Crying out loud you waited this long what’s another few hours. And I know she’s tall but how far along is she? I feel like she should be showing a little by now.
- did anyone see the nurse who told teddy the OR was calling her? The SHADE in her eyes made me freaking roll! Haha.
- I’ve seen some say Levi’s speech was akin to hahns leaves speech and I didn’t get that sense. Unlike Hahn, he knew he was attracted to men but much like with girls, sex just wasn’t happening for him. I wasn’t down with his attitude even though I got where he wasn’t coming from. But they really had intern Levi talk to attending Nico like that, telling him “take this patient to Peds”. This is the problem with grey’s now a days. There is not even a little respect for actual positions like there used to be. Derek and burke and Addison never would have stood for that crap. So that took me out a bit but man I laughed way too hard at Nico being flown across the way when he stepped outside, lol.
- plus the symbolism of their first time and the winds picking up astronomically with live wires shooting electricity (chemistry!) everywhere made me roll my eyes HARD! Subtle this show is not.
- this might be the first time I was truly charmed and warmed by jolex. The way we started with them in bed and how they both sleep like toddlers and the way he tuned over and nuzzled into her. Maybe losing japril has made me vulnerable but it was super freaking cute. I didn’t mind that he didn’t go in, he tried but there were alerts telling people to stay in and bailey told him to stay home cause coming in wasn’t worth the danger since you know...THE ACTUAL CHEIF OF SURGERY WAS THERE!
- I do wish this show would stop trying to act like these people are only middle class. Alex wants a new tv, then buy a new tv with your hot shot chief salary.
- I have never liked how meredith coddled maggie so when mer told maggie “he should do more surgery with you” i loved it. That’s the snarky mer I knew! Maggie’s whining about her fight with Jackson is annoying, her insistence that Meredith drop everything to listen to her whine is annoying, her childish middle school attitude about “you’re my sister your supposed to side with me” and how she actually means that makes me wants to beat my head against a wall. This is a character that they want us to love so damn hard but none of this crap would fly with anyone else.
I’m already tired with HIPPA being treated as more of a suggestion than actual law. But honestly, there IS a difference between what mer did and what maggie has done twice now! Meredith told maggie to get her off her back and establish a support system for Jackson. Both times maggie did it (while not technically the second time, she had no business revealing it seconds after being told) was cause SHE couldn’t stand having a secret and to relieve herself of the “torture”. Maggie didn’t tell Jackson for Jackson or for Catherine, she told him for herself. Cause she relates to this in the worst most selfish way and she thinks it’s the correct thing to do. She wants to establish and prove herself to be able to be there. The problem is maggie supports people in the way she *thinks* they need instead of what they actually need.
I know what they are trying to do with jaggie and they are so off base its mind blowing.
And Maggie’s attitude with teddy? Girl take all the steps back! This reminds me of how judgmental izzie used to be when she was an INTERN! and she wasn’t allowed to carry that holier than thou attitude and I wish teddy would have told her to mind her own business but nope, another character being sacrificed at the alter of maggie so she can have the high ground. It makes me rage.
I resent this show trying to trivialize what went down last week with jaggie. Nothing got resolved and Jackson was already ready to sweep it under the rug before he found out about Catherine and now it def will be. But they tried to compare them to that old couple fighting and nope! There’s fighting over trivial things like decorations and then theres Jackson revealing how april is the one that got away. I know krista and Kelly vehemently say it’s just reflection but the writing and the acting portrayed something totally different. it’s not the same and just showing up doesn’t mean they are better or healthy. Heck if this was japril they would have used this to point out how band aids don’t fix a problem.
Lastly, i got the sense that link is who mer “should” be with and Deluca is who she “wants” to be with.